Hello from a new Mesmer

Hello from a new Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: CD673141-975B-42E9-8500-F0FEFF861A7D

CD673141-975B-42E9-8500-F0FEFF861A7D

Howdy all, I’m newly returned to the Mesmer class.

(Background: Played it til about 40 after launch, switched to ranger, played it to 80 and for 5-6 months. Then quit the game, came back in May and have been playing ranger, but got Mesmer to 80 from pvp tomes o nthe side).

So far I’ve been playing a PU power based shatter build and it is a ton of fun— just finished gearing my Mesmer in exotics/my rangers ascended berserker jewelry. I’m doing well with the GS in pvp, but sword/torch is taking some getting used to.

Enough about me, just wanted to say “Hi!” mostly and also request any tips for a new mesmer (so far though, I’m addicted to having stealth— feels much less squishy than ranger because of it). At this point I’ve had such a fun time playing with the illusions, I’m seriously considering making my mesmer my main over my ranger for now.

P.S.:
Also if anyone wants to add me and play in game [once again, tips on gameplay appreciated] (Gates of Madness server if it matters) my name in game is Rofl Stompskin. Don’t try to add my username as it is an old serial (don’t worry, not my gw2 serial).

Hello from a new Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Welcome!

You should definately check out the official Mesmer Forum guild (OMFG) to get some helpful contacts ingame:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/OMFG-Official-Mesmer-Forum-Guild

Also, wtf @ your username x)

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

Hello from a new Mesmer

in Mesmer

Oo thanks! Yeah on the user name after I joined the guild i’ve been playing with I was messaged by 2 officers trying to be sure I was a person rather than a bot. They eventually took to calling me “serial guy” lol.

Hello from a new Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Yeah, what is this, the username is even missing the id number at the end.

Hello from a new Mesmer

in Mesmer

It happened when I linked my gw1 and gw2 accounts initially. I ended up going through support and changing it with them, but some how it reverted during the time I had quit so now I’m stuck with it again.

Hello from a new Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Ah, noone can talk to you if you don’t have a proper name.

From now on you shall be known as “C3PO”!

Activating all reflects I got in case of copyright infringement lawsuits incoming…

Hello from a new Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nachyochez.9758

Nachyochez.9758

From now on you shall be known as “C3PO”!

I second the motion.

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)

Hello from a new Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

But, if he gets really good at PvP we can call him the serial killer =D

Hello from a new Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nachyochez.9758

Nachyochez.9758

… now I’m torn

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)

Hello from a new Mesmer

in Mesmer

It looks like I have a new gw2 mission haha. HoTM all day here I come!
Calling me C3PO makes me want to dye my mesmer gold… but I like his color scheme too much to do so lol.

Hello from a new Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

C3PO. Sold.

Welcome! Here’s some tips to get you going:

• All your shatters are instant and can be cast at anytime. Make a point to get into a habit of shattering often, and try to master your F4 (Distortion) first.
  • Find a favorite weapon set. Every weapon has a build it can excel in.
  • Domination/Dueling goes with everything. If you ever have a problem making a build, stick with that rule. Try not to add condition traits to a power build and vice versa.
  • All your elites rock. All your skill trees rock, with Illusions kinda.. Not as great as the others.
  • Rabid (condi) or Marauder (power) is the way to go in most pvp/www cases
  • You’ll often hear “shatter” is the meta in pvp. While there is a meta shatter build, many builds can work and you SHOULD explore. So many builds offer completely unique play styles that you can often feel you’re almost re-learning the class.

And uh.. Try to indulge in that “having fun” thing as often as you can!