[Help] PvE build

[Help] PvE build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yandrak.9741

Yandrak.9741

Hello, I am a casual player which mostly plays PvP but also some PvE with my main, the mesmer. So I just need a good build to do casual PvE such as events, tequatl, storyline, fractals, some dungeons and some achievements. I’ve been searching on metabattle and I found a reflection build with Assassin stats which relies on reflections and a pretty good team, but this won’t be useful when doing story or playing with pubs in FotM.

So, could anyone recomend me a good build which more or less fills all of these purposes? Atm I wear full exotic equipment with berserker stats and ascended trinkets, berserker too. I don’t intendt to craft ascended armor, maybe weapons in the future. Now I wear Greatsword and Sword/Pistol.

Thank you very much!

[Help] PvE build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rebel.6419

Rebel.6419

I would really like to know this as well, as I just returned to the game. TY I am mostly a PvE player.

[Help] PvE build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

[Help] PvE build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

The most general purpose pve build is gs+sw/focus, zerker gear. This works solidly for just about anything, though in dungeons you’ll want to swap off the gs for an offhand sword instead. Traits are domination, dueling, and inspiration, taking all the phantasm boosting traits, along with any weapon-specific traits you encounter as well.

You’ll be able to do pretty much whatever in PvE built like that. It won’t be absolutely optimal for every situation, but you won’t run into any issues either. Just adjust your weaponset and utilities for the encounter you’re walking into.

[Help] PvE build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

You’re fine with what you have. If you do start doing Fractals, I would suggest building Assassin Ascended for now. If you have other light armor wearers, build Berserker ascended so you can swap between them.

[Help] PvE build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yandrak.9741

Yandrak.9741

You’re fine with what you have. If you do start doing Fractals, I would suggest building Assassin Ascended for now. If you have other light armor wearers, build Berserker ascended so you can swap between them.

I’ve read this post https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Analysis-Berserker-vs-Assassins/first#post4337764 and it says that Berserker is better if you don’t have a very organized team, so why do you suggest Assassin?

Btw, thank you all for your help!

[Help] PvE build

in Mesmer

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Are the [GUIDE] Lyssa’s Grimoire: The Mesmer Handbook and [Guide] How To Mesmer in Dungeons still relevant?

I want to read a bit about what the Mesmer role is (in PvE).

[Help] PvE build

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Are the [GUIDE] Lyssa’s Grimoire: The Mesmer Handbook and [Guide] How To Mesmer in Dungeons still relevant?

I want to read a bit about what the Mesmer role is (in PvE).

Lyssa’s Grimoire is still up to date and relevant.

How to mesmer in dungeons is still relevant, but the builds in it aren’t up to date. The information it contains on how to play and what role you play is still absolutely accurate and worth learning.

[Help] PvE build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I’ve read this post https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Analysis-Berserker-vs-Assassins/first#post4337764 and it says that Berserker is better if you don’t have a very organized team, so why do you suggest Assassin?

Btw, thank you all for your help!

It’s cheaper, gives you better crit chance for less (on runes) and allows you to reach 100% crit chance without relying on teammates.

[Help] PvE build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Treyu.9714

Treyu.9714

The most general purpose pve build is gs+sw/focus, zerker gear. This works solidly for just about anything, though in dungeons you’ll want to swap off the gs for an offhand sword instead. Traits are domination, dueling, and inspiration, taking all the phantasm boosting traits, along with any weapon-specific traits you encounter as well.

You’ll be able to do pretty much whatever in PvE built like that. It won’t be absolutely optimal for every situation, but you won’t run into any issues either. Just adjust your weaponset and utilities for the encounter you’re walking into.

what about stats? and runes? could you elaborate a bit on it to complete the build? or link a build? thanks

[Help] PvE build

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

what about stats?

zerker gear.

and runes?

Pick your favorite power-based set. Centaur are nice for open world, due to the swiftness.

could you elaborate a bit on it to complete the build? or link a build? thanks

There’s not really a whole lot more that needs to be elaborated on in the build. The important traits are the ones that boost phantasm damage and/or weapon specific cooldown traits. Past that, take the traits that are most useful for the situation. Similarly for utilities, take what’s useful for your situation. You can swap those out depending on what you’re doing.