How Will YOUR Build Change?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I think it’s safe to say that there’s not a single Mesmer build that won’t be altered in this patch. So how will your build be altered?

My 4/4/6 CI Lockdown Build is keeping the same Runes (Pack) and Weapons (Sword+Focus/Staff) but…

• DOMINATION: Power Block / Confounding Suggestions (Maybe Furious Interruption over Shattered Concentration but I doubt it)
  • DUELING: Phantasmal Fury / Blinding Dissipation (or Evasive Mirror) / Deceptive Evasion
  • CHAOS: Master of Manipulation / Chaotic Dampening

The biggest change here is in the lockdown potential, with each interrupt now additionally applying 5s Weakness and 15s cooldown. Now that each daze is a guaranteed stun every few seconds, it’ll be much easier to land shatters (Which are stronger thanks to IP!) and to chain daze. Blinding Dissipation allows me to use Cry of Frustration as a soft CC, blinds can be very strong, especially as an AoE.

Speaking of which, all any lockdown Mesmer really needs to be effective now is Domination. Chaotic Interruption is fantastic and all, but the real good stuff is Power Block + Confounding Suggestions. I see the possibility of many lockdown variants, including Support-lock, Condi-lock, and Shatter-lock.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

• DUELING: Desperate Decoy / Blinding Dissipation / Deceptive Evasion
  • CHAOS: Illusionary Defence / Chaotic Transference OR Chaotic Dampening / Prismatic Understanding
  • ILLUSIONS: The Pledge / Maim the Disillusioned / Malicious Sorcery

This’ll probably be my initial go-to for straight Condi Shatter, shifting from Domination to Chaos for that stealth and extra condi power. We’ll see~

I’ll probably also check out Condi Phantasm as well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

Gosh. I have no idea. I’ve always wanted to be a condition mesmer (I’m a big fan of DoTs in general)… and it looks like it’s within my grasp!

I’m sort of leaning towards a Duel/Chaos/Illusions right now with Staff+Scepter/Pistol. Mistrust seems like it’ll be hugely awesome. I’m thinking my condition application will be pretty evenly split between interrupts and shatters. I’ll really have to dive in and see how it plays and adjust to that.

Both shatters and interrupts have their flaws in the game-modes I play (Mostly open-world PvE and large-scale WvW). Interrupt is unreliable against bosses in PvE and there is SO much stability around now, I’m not sure how effective Interrupt will be. Shatters have issues with AoE fields, especially in wvw.

In an ideal world, I’d like to be a long-distance Mesmer mage. Chronomancer will probably enable that gameplay, so it’ll be about finding the closest playstyle to that until then.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Condition builds got such a huge buff its actually making condi look really extremely tempting now. Having IP baseline has opened up so many potential doors, and Condi-shatter got some massive improvements.. and thats not even considering the general condition damage buff.

I’d expect nearly all condi Mesmer to go some mix of Dueling/Illusions.

in Mesmer

Kelthien.8593

Condition builds got such a huge buff its actually making condi look really extremely tempting now. Having IP baseline has opened up so many potential doors, and Condi-shatter got some massive improvements.. and thats not even considering the general condition damage buff.

Absolutely agree. Chaos stands out as the best pairing to me (Chaos storm is life), though I could see some interesting things pop up from Inspiration as well.

Domination doesn’t seem to fit very well with condi… do we know if the “Shatter skills inflict 15% more damage” also affects the conditions applied by shattering, or is that purely the power-based damage?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

My raid build will change quite a lot with Chrono. Roaming build (MtD shatter) will be pretty much the same, but with tones of improvements.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

I’ve always loved Staff + Mirror Images and Bouncing Elasticity and the big amount of conditions and boons it can give and since that trait is now baseline and the big buff to conditions, i can finally return to this. It was this build that allowed me to level Mesmer during the time near launch where everyone said it was near impossible.

“Would you kindly?”

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

This is really tough, every line now has something worth taking. Making it very hard to choose where to go. It’s going to come down to just playstyle or “feel” of a build. And until I get some playtime I’m not really sure where my EchoRupt build will go.

If I stick with Staff-Sword/Pistol, and keep my Blink/Mantras/Timewarp then I think initially it’ll be something like this…

Dueling> Duelist’s Discipline/Blinding Dissipation/Harmonious Mantras
Chaos> Master of Manipulation/Chaotic Dampening/Chaotic Interruption
Illusions> Persistence of Memory/Phantasmal Haste/Master of Fragmentation

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VSFRZ;1VPV11I7RWV71;9;4TUW;0236256147e

Domination is tough to pass up for a lockdown playstyle. But I’m seeing new ways to “lockdown” players now.

Its going to be fun, tweaking the build over and over again.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

(edited by SlimChance.6593)

in Mesmer

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

As a phantasm mesmer, I’m going to focus on inflicting slowness with all the benefits that come from it such as increased crit chance. Will have to see!

Maybe I can call myself the Procrastinator (as in skills take double the time to activate!)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Probably going to go Illusions/Duelling/Inspiration – condition shatter with Sword/Torch + Staff to begin with.

I imagine most will be taking Chaos for condition shatter, but I’m really keen on the new Restorative Illusions as well as Menders Purity and iDefender on Evade/Block.
Ideally I want to take Chrono with Illusions and Duelling, but that will have to wait (hopefully only a few months).

I’m so glad between confusing combatants and vulnerability affecting condition damage, MH Sword will be nice in a condition build – and it scales much better in outnumbered fights compared with Scepter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

TL;DR So essentially, I see my maim shatter turning into an interrupt condi shatter build with a focus on dmg mitigation via blinds/weakness/stuns.

My curernt Maim Build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAraWlknpMtNqxVNcrNCrBh6rkmfSyEEgSWhrB-TJRHwAp3fIZZABnCAAPBAA

How I’ll be shifting:

• DOMINATION: Confounding Suggestions, Shattered Concentration, Power Block
  • DUELING: Duelist Discipline, Blinding Dissipation, Deceptive Evasion
  • ILLUSIONS: Compounding Power, Maim The Disillusioned, Ineptitude
    Utilities: Ether Feast, Blink, Decoy, Mimic, Time Warp

The Chaos line is very tempting, but I can’t imagine a situation where I could go without Shattered Concentration while playing a non-supportive shatter build. Considering I take pistol over torch for a more initially aggressive approach, it doesn’t hurt having the lockdown traits of Powerblock/CS. The weakness on PB is going to hurt.

In terms of illusions, I think there is a lot of synergy with Ineptitude. You’ll have blinds from every shatter as well as random blinds from chaos armor. Additionally, Pistol 5 will absolutely rekt in this build, stunning 2 foes for 2s+ and blinding/confusing a third on every shot. And this doesn’t include if I get an interrupt off.

I’m just in awe of Lyssa’s beauty right now.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

(edited by MailMail.6534)

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

TL;DR So essentially, I see my maim shatter turning into an interrupt condi shatter build with a focus on dmg mitigation via blinds/weakness/stuns.

My curernt Maim Build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAraWlknpMtNqxVNcrNCrBh6rkmfSyEEgSWhrB-TJRHwAp3fIZZABnCAAPBAA

How I’ll be shifting:

• DOMINATION: Confounding Suggestions, Shattered Concentration, Power Block
  • DUELING: Duelist Discipline, Blinding Dissipation, Deceptive Evasion
  • ILLUSIONS: Compounding Power, Maim The Disillusioned, Ineptitude
    Utilities: Ether Feast, Blink, Decoy, Mimic, Time Warp

The Chaos line is very tempting, but I can’t imagine a situation where I could go without Shattered Concentration while playing a non-supportive shatter build. Considering I take torch over pistol for a more initially aggressive approach, it doesn’t hurt having the lockdown traits of Powerblock/CS. The weakness on PB is going to hurt.

In terms of illusions, I think there is a lot of synergy with Ineptitude. You’ll have blinds from every shatter as well as random blinds from chaos armor. Additionally, Pistol 5 will absolutely rekt in this build, stunning 2 foes for 2s+ and blinding/confusing a third on every shot. And this doesn’t include if I get an interrupt off.

I’m just in awe of Lyssa’s beauty right now.

Hmm I like that synergy with Ineptitude and Blinding Dissipation among other things.

Going to be a tough choice for me between Ineptitude and MoF, but I’m probably going to have to go with the latter as I’m drooling for Evasive Mirror so would miss out on those blinds.

But I suppose as it has a 10s ICD per foe, it could work nicely with blurred frenzy and evasive mirror – aoe reflect, blind and evade, and add alacrity to that in the future…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Happicakes.2054

Happicakes.2054

Will be going Domination/Chaos/Illusions now for my GS/Sword + Torch setup. Still trying to decide if CI or PU in the Chaos line will be more beneficial…

Edit: Also waffling on Confounding Suggestions vs Rending Shatter…

Build Link:
http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMBXAXYA9g~

Celeste Dalenset – Mesmer/Chronomancer
Officer – League of Tyrian Adventurers [LoTA]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Happicakes.2054)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I have 4 mesmers, each with different builds, and I’m thinking about a 5th so I have to go through them step by step.

Shinticre: My main and pve mesmer is waiting to become a chronomancer. Still sticking with greatsword as my main weapon but going sword/shield and I’m hoping wells will fulfill my aoe needs.

Psympathy: My pvp bunker mesmer. Chaotic Persistence! Master of Manipulation! Healing Prism! There are so many goodies around that I’ll have to completely redo her build. I may even change her runeset depending on how good chaos armor is. But what I really, really, REALLY hope for is a way to get Forsaken stats (Power/toughness/ healing) on level 80 exotic or even ascended equipment. That would truly make her a force to be reckoned with.

Psydistic: My pvp condi mesmer. I don’t think her build will change much and it’s highly likely that she’ll be even more of a threat with the condi changes. I’ll have to look into more condition removal as I’m sure the meta will soon swap to condi soon.

Psymmetry: My wvw condi mesmer. I’ll have to play around with her build now because of all the condi changes but I also see her as becoming a monster. My only concern is iMage doing burning damage instead of confusion. I know a lot of yo see that as a plus but I don’t. While burning does more damage right out the gate, mesmers have few if any way to modify burning damage and duration while confusion is our condition of choice. I’ll wait to test things out before making a judgement call but based off of preliminaries, I see this as a nerf.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

I’ve always played support in the past, i look forward on switching from condi mesmer to support/bunker on SPvP (hope its viable!)

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in Mesmer

Posted by: Titus.2085

Titus.2085

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMBpAJsBPg~

This would be my new build. I might even move away from a shatter build back to my phantasm build roots. It’s really exciting imo and now phantasms can do what they couldn’t do before: support the team. They can support with distortion everytime a signet’s proc’d and the GM for Inspiration will give extra boon support to the team.

Yes, we cannot shatter but this doesn’t mean that phantasm builds can’t shatter anymore! I can make up builds that allow phantasm users to shatter without penalty. And this is without the Chronomancer line.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Hmm I like that synergy with Ineptitude and Blinding Dissipation among other things.

Going to be a tough choice for me between Ineptitude and MoF, but I’m probably going to have to go with the latter as I’m drooling for Evasive Mirror so would miss out on those blinds.

But I suppose as it has a 10s ICD per foe, it could work nicely with blurred frenzy and evasive mirror – aoe reflect, blind and evade, and add alacrity to that in the future…

I have a lot of ideas on our reflective capabilities. Evasive Mirror is SO good. I see it getting 35% use (which is good), BD getting 60% (as most builds will be incorporating shatters, and this is just so good for team play) and the updated sword trait getting 5% use. This is all from a pvp perspective btw. In terms of PvE, I see Evasive Mirror and the sword trait getting A LOT more use there than BD.

MoF is so good with AOE Diversion alone!! We’ve been forced to manage without it all this time, but having AOE Diversion is going to rekt with all of our interrupt traits I think from my perusing on the forums, it’s already being underrated which is a mistake of many Mesmers here imo.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

A build I’m thinking about calling; “Chaos Rogue.” It uses Dueling, Chaos, and Illusions, lots stealth and blind, with a mix of condition application souses, to create a mix of different pressures. Torment, burning, bleeding and confusion, while relying on blind and stealth to keep me a live. Could run it with pure condi, a hybrid, or just power, should be interesting.

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

First things first is I’m trying this:
http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMB1AKsBdg~

Fencer’s Finese seems like a good choice but I just want to see how often/long I can keep reflect up with dodge. But with the Vigor nerf, I am going to switch out my sigils to be Energy and see how well that plays.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

From an organized group WvW perspective:

I don’t think massive condi will have a comeback to WvW (as it was with glamour builds), but we’ll see…

All this will obviously change when HoT will arrive.

(edited by Menaka.5092)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

My 4/4/6 CI Lockdown Build is keeping the same Runes (Pack) and Weapons (Sword+Focus/Staff) but…

Kind of the same. I literally only lose Retaliation on Phantasms but gain so much more in Domination and Duelling. Can’t wait. But I’ll probably try to drop Duelling in favour of Chronomancy as soon as HoT hits (Well of Gravity. Drool.). Would prefer dropping Domination but I just can’t sacrifice Halting Strike/Power Block.

My PvE build got totally wrecked, though. Still trying to figure out what to do. Only must have seems to be Duelling damage-wise (conditions on crit, HM).

in Mesmer

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

My Phantasm Build from 2/6/6/0/0 goes to 6/6/6/0/0

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Chillruption

The upcoming changes are a dream come true for this build. I’ll still go GS/Staff and finally get to play with Imbued Diversion without having to trait it. A couple traits can be swapped depending on enemy comp, but I’m loving that I can bring a little utility and survivability with the blinds.

Due to the increased overall damage potential compared to the original, I might experiment with a non-standard rune to push chill a bit more. Likely won’t be worth it but I’ll have fun experimenting.

I’ll definitely start with zerker, but with the condition changes and plentiful condition access in the build, going hybrid might warrant a look. I’d certainly take maim in that case.

Most lockdown builds will go into domination almost by default. This one will be a black sheep; with the massive AoE interrupt potential, it’s going to be killer in team fights.

The two other builds I play are getting massaged heavily …

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

For me there are a couple of changing builds.
My shatterbuild will no longer spec into illusions.
I will now change it into using the chaos line with these traits~
For these trait’s I will now no longer use a sword and a torch but go doubleranged. With the new stafftrait in that line I just have to go for that and try it out. I’m also going to try using mirror instead of ether feast. I’m courious what kind of plays this new heal with 33% reflect uptime gives us.

The skills I run will most likely be Mirror, Decoy, Blink, MoDistraction, Mass Invisibility

With a single charge of the mantra you can now stun, stack 8 stacks of vulnerability, gain 5 might and immobilize. The fact that this all doesn’t deal dmg (no Power Block) means that you’ll still be able to spike from stealth with mirrorblade dodge shatter.

Also it’s likely for stunned enemies not to dodge/cast anything which would trigger the 30% dmg boost from Mental Anguish

Potential Spike:
Daze: 5 stacks vulnerability + stun (you don’t want this)
If interrupted: 8 stacks vulnerability + 5 stacks might + 2s immobilize + stun
Mirror Blade: 9 stacks vulnerability + 6 stacks might
all in all the preperations for MW result in 17 stacks vulnerability (25.5%) +11 stacks might + stun for 30% shatterdmg

You would chose Phantasmal Fury over Desperate Decoy? I don’t care.

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

I will start running PU and make videos of me winning fights against nubs without even directly attacking them. I will be running both power and condi rupt along with condi phantasm. As of now I don’t even play mesmer that much ( im lvling my necromancer to shove people off cliffs in mass), but obviously my old spec (266 rupts strength runes s/p gs) changes a lot. It will be 666 with PB, DE, and CI strength runes staff s/p most likely.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Absolutely agree. Chaos stands out as the best pairing to me (Chaos storm is life), though I could see some interesting things pop up from Inspiration as well.

Domination doesn’t seem to fit very well with condi… do we know if the “Shatter skills inflict 15% more damage” also affects the conditions applied by shattering, or is that purely the power-based damage?

It most likely does not.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in Mesmer

Kelthien.8593

It most likely does not.

That’s a bummer. Also- confusing. ANet’s made clarity a big focus recently, and “15% more damage” could maybe use a text revision if it doesn’t apply to condition damage. Outgoing condition damage is still damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

with all the new changes so many builds open up
pure dmg
pure condi
support condi
support dmg
control dmg
control condi

pretty much gonna check them all and dont forget other classes got buff to so we need to find the most fitting build for condi and dmg alongside group play in pvp

i feel like that the support line will be small nich and the control may be the new thing (dmg and not condi)
the full condi will be kitten hard to play against with 4*2 =8 torment stack with each shatter, 5 sec block form scepter cd , blind, vulnerability, burning, bleed, confusion = we will be the best condi class compare to others

in Mesmer

Posted by: Profano.9514

Profano.9514

I play just in WvW, helping the commander with a Veilbot build.
Now i’m pretty close to a more useful support condi build.

DUELING : Phantasmal Fury / Blinding Dissipation / Deceptive Evasion
INSPIRATION : Restorative Mantras / Wardern’s Feedback / Temporal Enchanter
CHAOS : Master of Manipulation / Chaotic Dampening / Bountiful Disillusionment

If you want to take a look

The Sleeping Bard [TSB] | The Bard, http://bit.ly/1GSrsZu

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Lockdown and shatter merge into one sexy build with illusionary persona.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: tii.7192

tii.7192

Mirror heal and Balthazar runes get revisited on my new PU condi. Signet of Inspiration becomes standard across most of my builds till HoT. Other than that too many enhancements and possibilities to list.

(edited by tii.7192)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I recently came back from a ~1/2 year long hiatus for the new system. I’m currently playing my 4/4/6 PU lockdown build, but will likely change to a Dom/Duel/Illu shatter build, since i want to take the torch trait (hopefully they buff it a bit, though).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades of Sabatine.5639

I will be focusing more on condition build. I aim for the following,
1 More Bleeding
2 More Torment,
3 More Confusion,
4 A combination of all three plus shatter.

I will still try direct damage but i really want to enjoy seeing what condition damage can really do.

But that GS new traits is very very tempting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

I’ve been running Staff and Scepter/Pistol for over a year, and based on what I’m seeing, that’s not going to change.

Whatever makes that combo the most uber shall be my build.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Having thought about it a bit and looking at the Inspiration grandmasters as well as minor traits, I think despite Mender’s Purity and Restorative Illusions being fantastic options for condition shatter, I’m probably going to go with Chaos instead because there’s just too much synergy between the traits and using Staff + Sword/Torch.

Also, Traited Mirror and Blink are just calling to me. I can’t resist 12s cooldown with almost 4 seconds of reflect in addition to Evasive Mirror and using mainhand Sword. Going to be beautiful against projectile spamming classes and builds.

Only things I will have to compromise on are Traveler Runes (which I use at the moment anyway) and being weaker at removing conditions (but with all the damage avoidance and mitigation that Staff + Sword/Torch and PU provide it should be fine).

So yeah – Illusions/Duelling/Chaos, Staff + Sword/Torch, Dire/Rabid with Traveler Runes and all the usual stuff. http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMF_AJsA-g~

I have a very bad feeling they moved MtD to Master Tier in preparation for nerfing it in some way… either in duration or number of stacks. I’m a bit worried about that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

I don’t know what kind of build I will have but I definitely look forward to trying something with Evasive Mirror + Mental Defense + Ineptitude. Gaining reflection, 50% less damage and blinding an enemy whenever I evade sounds fun. It’s nice to finally have some decent defensive traits other than Prismatic Understanding.

in Mesmer

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

For running with a 15-man guild group in WvW, I’m thinking this: http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMD2AKsBNw~

Not sure about my condition interrupt build for roaming & sPvP.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Scapper.4236

Scapper.4236

I see lockdown becoming a part of the powershatter game play and adding insult to injury with mental anguish + Confounding Suggestions and the like. This patch will create a new era for mesmers, where we will most probably see a condilockdown meta/powershatterlockdown. I am excited for the changes being made and the different ways in which the devs have encouraged areas of mesmer gameplay (glamour/mantra etc.) and FINALLY classifying the Elites as different types of skills I don’t think it will make mesmer as a profession easier to play as interrupting someone has always been and will always stay, difficult. Cheers!