How good is mes for solo in hot?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Opopanax.1803

Opopanax.1803

Trying to get your take on how well mesmer does soloist g champs and challenge points. I’m leaning to condi mesmer over necro minion master or ranger. Can mesmer hold its own for soloing champs/HPs?

in Mesmer

Posted by: zomgbuffalo.5276

zomgbuffalo.5276

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/solo-chrono-support-build-in-LW-season-3/first#post6669924

This post of mine might help. LW 3 content is basically same as HoT in terms of difficulty.

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Mesmer has always been one of the best classes to solo, the constant mobility, stun breaks, blocks, evades, utilities, and you can design for condition removal too, while sustaining damage (of course its not as high of a dps burst than other classes) But from my experience, I’ve seen a lot of classes go down doing a lot of things but as a mesmer, it shines playing solo and staying alive, and just keep on going. At the very least you should be able to get away no problem even if you can’t finish something. Lately, in HoT, i’ve been soloing things by switching in the gs+staff and just running around, kiting, super boring, til it’s all done haha

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Mesmer is among the best choices. Be aware though, some of the HoT content is expressly set up not to be solo’d.

Mesmerising Girl

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

All of the story content is easily soloed.

Hero challenges From Auric Basin to DS are pretty easily soloed. Excpet for maybe one in Tangled Depths, and that’s mostly because of the area you have to fight in.

For VB I feel some of them are easier to solo depending if you are running condi or power I presume, I recall a few being annoying, but I haven’t expressly soloed the VB ones so I can’t say 100% certain.

If you know how to kite and manage mobs you’ll be fine.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

VB is mostly solo. The Golem, The Bat Brood Mother, and the Coztic over by Treacherous Paths need at least 2 unless you are just really super at the game.

Mesmerising Girl

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

The Golem and Coztic was solo-able imo without too much effort, some other ones like Wyvern and Mushrooms were also fun to do, just make sure you are constantly mobile, plenty non-stop ways of escaping and kiting, but it’s not often that you actually get to do the whole thing alone because eventually someone comes along, so enjoy it while it lasts, but yeah, open world PvE in general shouldn’t be hard anyway

in Mesmer

Posted by: Walker.7204

Walker.7204

Where exactly is the basics for this build?