I feel much squishier than before?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rok.5260

Rok.5260

I run a Glass Cannon Shatter Build in WvW, and I feel like my health goes down much quicker now, is it due to other professions being buffed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

Probably the nerf to blurred frenzy.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caom.9251

Caom.9251

I would say vinceftw is correct.

Retaliation would be the real culprit for this and maybe conditions, ret hits really hard when you use multiple quick attacks (imagine confusion but much more difficult to remove ) and conditions keep ticking (before invulnerability would protect you from conditions during the duration of that attack).

Kinda sucks but when the people start to cry there ain’t much you can do.

Isn’t it annoying when the QQ screws you over?

(edited by Caom.9251)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Mwahahaha. Welcome to the club. =D

in Mesmer

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

I hate the title. To answer it; I dont know, Do you? How are we supposed to know how you feel?

in Mesmer

Posted by: hammer.9721

hammer.9721

I feel same. I have 1,585 toughness and 1,100 vitality in wvw and I feel like I am in full berserker gear. I think some change happened in benefit from toughness. Also, some conditions are last way too long even with hoelbrak runes. I am running 20/20/30/0/0 with GS, sword/focus.

I also think something changed with toughness.I have 1863 toughness now and im way more squishy then when i had 1400.

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

I agree also. Before patch I didn’t go down this much… I had to change my build lately, pulled out staff and traited for more toughness, stealth and boon specs which should be quite a survivable decent build. But I feel squishier than I was when I was pretty zerker lol. idk what happened either

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nordic Natedog.4360

Nordic Natedog.4360

Well, there were plenty of buffs to other professions and our own skills. Personally I don’t feel any squishier although I have noticed the less protection from using BF. Since I am not a shatter heavy player, retal doesn’t really hurt me that much. In fact, I feel my condition spec actually has more punch now (especially since playing around with scepter more).

Mag (PA)
Figrin the Healer (Guard), Angelic Renae (Mes), Death by Figrin (Thief)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

It’s the other classes getting their buffs. Necro’s and warriors with their conditions and CC’s. Hate to say it but it’s one part a L2P issue.

The other is that mesmers have been nerfed hard and whatever was true before may not be true any longer. You need to rebuild from the ground up if you want to stand a chance, and depending on how you build it you’re more than likely facing the decision between being immortal but unable to down anything, or being able to down something but at the risk of going down a lot yourself.

Only advice: get better.

in Mesmer

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

If you’re running glass cannon or even just partial glass you should feel squishy, especially in wvw. Have to say running proper soldier’s/knights, dodging properly and using distortion at right time I am more durable than any class bar the heavy’s, and even then I have escape and avoidance skills they lack.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Evo Sapien.5298

Evo Sapien.5298

I’m the opposite. with the change to PU I’ve gone Power Stealth Gs Sword/Torch and with all the protection and aegis im getting, i feel like a tank

However I have 1500 toughness and the rest is zerkered out

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ereiz.2174

Ereiz.2174

Shatter build is suicide bomber in wvw these days, everybody has retaliation on. I have tried Phantasm builds, but they just don’t have to potential aoe for groups. Don’t know how I am supposed to play mesmer in wvw anymore.

Btw condition phantasm build rocks in duels.

(edited by Ereiz.2174)

in Mesmer

Posted by: hammer.9721

hammer.9721

I did a quick test of toughness after my post and its working fine.I think the reason i felt more squishy was not having phantasmal healing and it proccing protection.I went back to 20 in inspriation and i feel normal again.