I just need to vent, feel free to ignore.

in Mesmer

Posted by: CoraxRnR.5742

CoraxRnR.5742

This post is not even about the mechanics we’re given with Mirage. Some of them will change until PoF launch anyway, numbers will get tweaked etc.

Now, thinking back I was incredibly disappointed with Chrono’s shield. Design-wise, that is, since shield proved to be an incredibly strong weapon that will be sorely missed if Mirage ever makes it into the meta. Still, what I really wanted was a dagger. Offhand, for the style (though I’d have taken main- and offhand). I always pictured the GW2 version of Mesmer as more along the lines of a 15th/16th century duellist, running around with a slender blade in the right hand and a main gauche in his left. Greatsword was another thing that confused me when first picking up the game, but the rather flamboyant way the Mesmer used it kinda redeemed it for me.

Seeing that Spellbreaker got both the weapon I wished for and a good portion of GW1s domination Mesmer (pBlock-variant, if you take the slow-application into account it even has some Migraine in it) was really disheartening for me (silver lining: I play warrior, too. Actually ran around with a demo Spellbreaker called ‘Is Actually Mesmer’). And as a final thrust, we get axe. Like I said, more or less clunky mechanics aside and the fact that I’m not really happy about a dedicated condi-weapon, for me it just doesn’t fit Mesmer’s theme at all. At this point in time, I feel that I’ll have to wait for a long time to get a nice dagger. I mean, what’s next? Folks have been wishing for pistol mainhand for a long time and, while I don’t particularly like it, it might even fit into the duellist theme I had in mind. It could also be that the next weapon we’re getting is .. I don’t know, warhorn? Hammer? Mace, maybe? Offhand scepter?

Well, I’ll just sit here and hope for the best.
/vent

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I’m sorry that you’re not happy with Axe so hopefully the next elite spec will have the right weapon for you. Being sincere, I can understand this because I don’t like Shield on Chrono.

Personally I love the animations and visual effects, and the skills for axe and think it fits the mirage theme perfectly. It’s one of the main reasons I want to play mirage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Artyport.2084

Artyport.2084

the thing that kittenes me off about the axe is!

Literally no one wanted it.
People have been begging for pistol
People have been very vocal about dagger.
even focus mainhand or warhorn has been shouted about.

But AXE? I just don’t get the choice..
But it always seems like the game designers go out of their way to give people things they don’t want with the Mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I would be very surprised if Mirage ever gets any change to thier mechanics at any point in this games life, no matter how bad they are.

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

completely agree. these are my thoughts as well. I wanted dagger for sure, that made a whole lot of sense. Both Shield and Axe is like what. They really do seem to like to do the opposite from what is needed or desired sometimes or a lot of the times, including mechanics and numbers and so on. I had a dream last night actually that they nerfed the torch condi removal so it removes only 5/8th of a condi. What. LOL

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elessaria.9142

Elessaria.9142

Xpac 3 Mesmer Elite – Matador

Dual wield warhorns and allow 4 clones.

F5 skill TORO!

All your clones put the horns either side of their head and charge your target. 1st clone does Mind Wrack, 2nd does F2, 3rd does F3, 4th does F4…

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

Tbh I’d have loved Dagger for Mirage. Its’ my first choice weapon if I had to choose.
Im more or less happy with Axe though. But mostly since I love Astralaria and didn’t play any class that uses axe properly. I finally have a reason to craft it.

But honestly I’d have loved to get an offhand axe as well. Especially since Warriors got both main & offhand daggers and Mesmer really lacks a good 2nd offhand condi weapon in case you want to use Scepter & Axe.

Would have been nice to be able to run Scepter/torch & Axe/Axe.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

But honestly I’d have loved to get an offhand axe as well. Especially since Warriors got both main & offhand daggers and Mesmer really lacks a good 2nd offhand condi weapon in case you want to use Scepter & Axe.

Yeah, as much as Mesmer really needed more main hand options, it still kind of sucks not to get a new Phantasm.

(Torch is arguably a pretty good condi off-hand, at least.)

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

(edited by tobascodagama.2961)

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

the thing that kittenes me off about the axe is!

Literally no one wanted it.
People have been begging for pistol
People have been very vocal about dagger.
even focus mainhand or warhorn has been shouted about.

But AXE? I just don’t get the choice..
But it always seems like the game designers go out of their way to give people things they don’t want with the Mesmer.

I wanted it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: thundermarch.5643

thundermarch.5643

I’m not in fond of the axe …Pistol has a range dps weapon could be a nice idea for a spec, as we don’t have a decent main hand doing this job.

And more than, that the pistol traits in duel line have only the reduction of skills if we interrupt a foe … so we can totally have other traits for this weapon (apply some might or power if pistol is used) for a nice dps spec

(edited by thundermarch.5643)