Inconsistent Illusionary wave effect

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Something has been bugging me for a while about about this skill. It’s fairly useful, but I find it’s knock back effect to be pretty inconsistent. Sometimes you are standing right in front of an opponent with no stability and it has no effect, other times the knock back distance varies for no good reason. I’m fairly sure that this has something to do with slightly elevated terrain and the way it travels. If it travelled like a real wave, slight inclinations shouldn’t effect it. Whatever it is, it’s as annoying as hell, and makes the skill unreliable.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Yep, it’s extremely unreliable. It always at least does a short knockdown, which means you can at least use it for interrupting, but any distance can’t be relied on.

in Mesmer

Posted by: adelaide.6213

adelaide.6213

After investigating this issue and testing on Tequatl’s bloated creepers i’ve concluded that this is caused by a bugged interaction with our GM trait Imagined Burden.

If you have IB and try to iWave a creeper without cripple, you will have the short knockdown effect.

If you have IB and try to iWave a creeper with cripple already applied, you will have the intended skill effect

If you don’t have IB at all you will have the intended skill effect regardless.

May be a symptom of another, bigger bug which prevents iWave from functioning correctly when it applies a condition (by some sigil/venom effect or something) – I know there have been complaints about iWave being inconsistent in the past. – have not tested this conjecture.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zendella.9573

Zendella.9573

Illusionary Wave has been like this as long as I can remember, and I’ve been playing since beta. In fact, it’s quite like a lot of Mesmer skills, only working part of the time.

At this point I’m kind of starting to think its intentional.

You know, Mesmer “duality” and all that.