Jibreel's Build

Jibreel's Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: sasoriaka.6348

sasoriaka.6348

Q:

Hello there!
My virtual name is Jibreel and I want to share with the world my personal build. Though I’m not the first one to post one, I can in confidence assure you this is the best build and the most viable for ANY situation (WvV, PvE, sPvP mostly). I watched alot of youtube videos of mesmer gameplay, I read alot of threads on forums and I personally have alot of experience with mesmers. So far, I have seen and tested alot of builds. Most of them are really power/crit/crit damage oriented with shatters from time to time and a few actually are oriented for health or thoughness (in most cases, toughness). I analysed alot mesmer’s playstyle and came to a final build that will make mesmer players enjoy the best of both worlds (lol I always think of Hannah Montana when I say that, whatever). This is JIBREEL’S BUILD. Someone might already have posted a similar build to this one. If that’s the case, then let me know. Unless, I claim this as the fruit of my own genuis. Nahh, just kidding =)
Traits: 10/20/15/25/0
III/II/X/IV/IV/VIII
Weapons: Greatsword and sword-pistol or focus (up to the situation).
Armor: Berserker’s all the way (yeaah baby).
Utilities: Ether Feast (most mesmer’s healing skills are frankly bullkitten), Decoy, Blink and Mantra of resolve and finally mass invisibility.

Build explained:
With this build, with a full exotic armor at level 80, you will have around 19-20k hp.
First of all, the 10 points on domination are for the extra 15% phantasmal damage. Nothing else. For the 20 points on, dueling, you are here seeking for the phansmal fury, which is exactly like a bonus 20% critical chance right off the bat. Yes 20%. I know you do not directly benifit from 20% but since your phantasms are going to be your main damage source, that’s pretty much 20%. The other “signet” is actually to confuse your opponent. Creating a clone when you dodgne can really be frustrating for a thief. If you’re running away, that clone may save your life. Thank him! Unto chaos now, my favorite part. Not only do you gain some toughness, but you will be getting 3% damage reduced for each active illusion (99% of the time you will have 3 illusions) but you will also benifit from regen when you reach 75% of your health but that regen is gonna trigger protection too! If we sum everything up, that’s 42% damage reduced! DAHECK. Finally, for inspiration, we go here for 25 points for some extra health and 15% phantasmal damage (did I told you that you’ll be getting best of both world here?). The other traits are complementary. Removing a condition when you heal can help if you don’t wanna waste a power cleanse on something like a cripple and the focus reflection is a pain in the kitten for rangers… and I don’t like rangers. It might also save your life if you’re running away. For instance, if you drop a temporal curtain, not only will you gain swiftness, cripple your ennemies but if they try to kite ya, it’s right directed back at them. Take your arrows back rangers.

Tips ‘n tricks
Wheter your enemy is tanky or not, when engaging, use decoy, then, burst the cat out of ’em with this combo: GS: 2-3-4 then switch to sword-pistol: 4-5-3-3-2 + shatter everything.
I mentioned that you can use a pistol or a focus. Indeed, if you’re fighting a thief, focus is going to be a pain in the kitten to you. If you’re engagning on a class that is really fast, quick and swift like those kitten ed thieves, take your pistol. Like do not even think ’bout if. Take it out and shoot yourself… no! I mean the enemy lol.
When stomping, press F4. Yeah, just press F4.

TELL ME WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT! (even though I don’t care because I’ve been playing with this build for like 4 months and I rarely get defeated)

Jibreel's Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dabilahro.8094

Dabilahro.8094

Well, well now, Twas the very Mesmer i was running with before
(Its Eddy Psychébane)
I can attest to this builds effectiveness as i was duo’ing with my bud here taking on peeps in 3v2’s and some sweet 2v2’s

(edited by Dabilahro.8094)

Jibreel's Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

The simple fact that you have points in chaos and are using Greatsword immediately makes this not the best build for pve, unless you can explain how a low dps weapon and redundant traits are good for a pve build?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Jibreel's Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

I can attest to this builds effectiveness as i was duo’ing with my bud here taking on peeps in 3v1’s and some sweet 2v2’s

You were duoing and doing 3v1’s thus you out numbers the opponent and 2v2’s which is an even battle field. The 2v2 is one thing but the way you word it, it sounds like you think killing someone when you outnumber them proves something.

Jibreel's Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I disagree with this thread.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Jibreel's Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

gahh.. wall of text

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

Jibreel's Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Not a good PvE/dungeon build at all~ Way too little damage, way too much defense. Seems like a nice mix for WvW though.

Jibreel's Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

ill accept the thread if the intro was just a joke lol. there is no “BEST BUILD” and especially not for “ANY situation”. You can optimize for diff situations therefore it can’t be the best xD

but it’s an average general build that you can kinda play for fun anywhere

Jibreel's Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dabilahro.8094

Dabilahro.8094

The simple fact that you have points in chaos and are using Greatsword immediately makes this not the best build for pve, unless you can explain how a low dps weapon and redundant traits are good for a pve build?

my bad, meant 3v2

Jibreel's Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gozzo.7380

Gozzo.7380

once again a mesmer player who claims that there is only one god… HERETIC! listen we believe in many gods. For wvwvw and pvp we worship a whole pantheon. And regarding pve (referring to dungeons, every naked atheist can do open world) your monotheistic blabbering has nothing to offer.

and remember thou we worship we are doubtful so bring proof (vid) or be forgotten!

Jibreel's Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Why does this look like a pretty standard phantasm build to me?

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

Jibreel's Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

once again a mesmer player who claims that there is only one god… HERETIC! listen we believe in many gods. For wvwvw and pvp we worship a whole pantheon. And regarding pve (referring to dungeons, every naked atheist can do open world) your monotheistic blabbering has nothing to offer.

and remember thou we worship we are doubtful so bring proof (vid) or be forgotten!

I love you, I really do. It reminded me of Cylon polytheism in Battlestar Galactica (the newer one). I needed a good laugh, even if I did squirt juice out my nose. And you’re so totally right too. Thank you =D