Kasmeer's staff skin

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlaveIITheGame.3692

SlaveIITheGame.3692

It is quite nice looking, but is staff viable in pve or will people kick you out of the group then for using one as a mesmer.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

I can’t imagine how that would be a problem xD unless ur just joking lol it’s gonna be super popular for sure. still it’s expensive but I just got one and it’s so pretty.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Best staff skin in my opinion, better than Bifrost by far

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

The second I saw that skin on that NPC when Tower of nightmare started, I was like “I want this for my Mesmer!”… So glad it’s finally here Bought it immediately

And why the hell would people kick you for using a Staff? Mesmers are blessed wherever they go. Staff is pretty anyhow, It’s my main weapon [If you use it with illusionary elasticity it kill things really fast…]

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I really like the staff and I think they look aesthetically better than a random greatsword but my build jusy functions much better with GS

I’ve been doing the chambers and GS trumps staff there since I’m using more of a power phantasm build rather than a condi one (iwarlock is also useless soloing since I have 3 phantasms up and only myself to give conditions)

I bought 2 Kasmeer staff skins though.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

BlaqueFyre.5678

Wish I had the gold, bought a makeover kit would have held off if I would known it was being released this patch.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: LemnzestManatee.2157

LemnzestManatee.2157

I used to main a condi mesmer, even in PvE, and I was never once kicked out of a party because I was using a staff. If someone does that to you, it was probably going to be a lame party to begin with. Don’t worry so much and just use a staff if you like it.

Aisda Amaethon – 80 – Human Mesmer
Reitsuya Kanda – 2x – Human Thief
Aestrid Hlodviskin – 3x – Norn Ranger

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

SUCH a great skin. Tight yet glowy while stowed, pink and noticeable wielded, purple feathers when standing still…

was juuuust starting to save up for bifrost then saw this bad boy and spent some gold→gems. a million times better wielded then previewed. Can’t wait to find a build where I… use it.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

How are you all so rich :’(

I have like… Nothing left after I bought the ghost quaggan mini x.x

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neoheart.2750

Neoheart.2750

Yup as soon as I saw this yesterday I was like “that’s goin on the mesmer for sure”. Also need the pink quaggan backpack. My Bruce Lee I’m hard human male mesmer gonna look Great.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I used to main a condi mesmer, even in PvE, and I was never once kicked out of a party because I was using a staff.

I guess they kicked you because of the condition mesmer part rather than the staff itself. Staff is a power, not condition weapon (iW).

btt: The staff is a good PvE choice.

PvE Phantasm Build weapon quality:
Perfect weapons: Sword, Focus
Good weapons: Pistol, Staff
Situational weapons: Greatsword, Scepter
Do just use for cloak skipping weapons: Torch

There will be no reason to kick you, the warlock deals en solo 8k, dungeons 12k and at world bosses up to 25k per attack. It’s the highest aviable DpS we got and once you got 3 of them you outdamage any other class in single target.

I guess you play a phantasm build hm? Anything else isn’t that great at PvE anyway.

greets

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

I used to main a condi mesmer, even in PvE, and I was never once kicked out of a party because I was using a staff.

I guess they kicked you because of the condition mesmer part rather than the staff itself. Staff is a power, not condition weapon (iW).

How is staff a power weapon exactly?
It’s only power type damage is from Winds of Chaos and Chaos Storm, which have a very very low power type damage, while they inflict tons of conidtions…

I’ve always seen Mesmer staff as almost useless in a power build….
I really don’t get what you’re saying

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I’ve been doing the chambers and GS trumps staff there since I’m using more of a power phantasm build rather than a condi one (iwarlock is also useless soloing since I have 3 phantasms up and only myself to give conditions)

/popcorn

^_^

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

I wouldn’t say something such offending against the condition staff if I wouldn’t have tested it myself.

(1)
The true bad sad fact is, that the direct damage increase you get from zerker outdamages the condition damage increase you get from a full malice build (I had 2500 condition damage). It does not matter how much % of your damage is conditional. It does only matter wich increases the total damage more – and thats a zerker build. Also 33% of your aas have no condition damage applied, only vulnerability (wich is power based).

(3)
The iWarlock is the most power based phantasm we have. He has the highest possible ratio based on power and crit damage. On a condition build he deals less damage than a clone wich is about 1-3k based on condition on the enemy. However I enjoy the 10-15k’s more when I face a dungeon boss or 25k against dwayna. Hf with your conditions to catch up there.

(5)
The only damaging condition here is poison. And the power damage part of the CS is much higher and does its sexy 4-8k power based. And you will deal 1-2k and see every 4th tic pro poison … seems legit.

Also to mention:

• In a team the bleeding will be overwritten (not the strongest persist, the newest delets the oldest after 25 stacks).
  • Against world bosses you will deal about 0 damage with conditions due the broken stack mechanics … it’s sad any annoys me aswell tbh.
  • Conditions who are affected by malice: Bleeding, Burning, Poison, Torment, Confusion
  • Conditions who are not affected by malice: vulnerability, chill, blindness, cribble, weakness
  • Powertrait gives condition duration, cuz some conditions are power based (vulnerability) and some are neutral (chill, blindness, weakness, cribble, passive of poison) and also useful for power builds.

Conditions are just a nice addon for the damage in PvE. To focus on them however is a big mistake.

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

I really like the staff and I think they look aesthetically better than a random greatsword but my build jusy functions much better with GS

GS is great for tagging (CoF p2) and for AoE (…CoF p2). However Staff is for utility, boss fights aswell can be used in melee without damage reduction and still grant tons of buffs to allies, gain all the buffs from allies and supports with signet of inspiration for total OP-NESS for the whole team

Read my last post btw – it’s power based, NOT condition based. Also with 20/20/0/30/0 you can trait staff and GS what ever you need. Just switch your weapons and adapt to the situation. Mesmer can do this well, they require all the weapons they got. Except Torch :o (PvE)

btw … say op-ness. say it again. now say it loud! OP-NESS. Now say it without the “O”.

… heh you just said piiiiiip

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

I wanted it for my guardian … but I can’t find a heavy armor that would make it work. :p

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

just colour it golden and the silk parts purple – claret or wine dyes are awesome

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Yupp; that skin is awesome. I also wanted it as soon as I saw it first, and I will get it today.

That being said; staff is awesome for a condition Mesmer (mostly solo PvE and WvW; bosses and dungeons work as well, though… on world bosses you deal enough damage for gold if you use iWarlocks), as well as for a shatter Mesmer (defensive weapon here and also to keep pressure up) and a phantasm Mesmer (some AoE-tagging with Chaos Storm, some Aegis-support and of course three iWarlocks are the highest possible DPS you can get on bosses with many conditions on them).

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I really like the staff for rampager builds. I use that when soloing often because mesmer benefits a lot from both power and condi dmg, and any possible dps loss doesn’t impact that as much. I really feel like the staff is like the most Rampager-like weapon in the whole game. :P

In either case, yes Kasmeer’s staff is absolutely amazing in looks.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: barghest.3298

barghest.3298

Have to agree, they designed it for us mesmers

Still can’t decide on what staff to put this skin: berserker or rampager or even rabid for wvw.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

The problem is that you benefit less from condition damage than from power.

Lets say you got a skill that deals 900 direct damage and 1800 bleeding (5 stacks for 8 sec). Would you go zerker, rampager or malice?

You now have 1000 power and 0 condition damage. Choose one:

• + 1500 power, + 100% crit dmg, 50% crit chance
  • + 1000 power, + 1500 condition dmg, 70% crit chance
  • + 2500 condition dmg

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Personally I like it for world stuff just because if I’m soloing harder champs or elites etc, my condis do a bit more of the overall damage because I have to play defensive, and i’ll almost always have staff in one of the slots. But at the same time mesmer scales great with power even with the condi abilities so I definitely don’t like dropping that stat, and I go for more traditional gear otherwise.

Plus, in situations where you don’t have dependencies it’s nice to take a pretty weapon like this for a more manysided spin. Now if they could just make illusory elasticity easier to grab…

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

I love playing with staff cuz it has so much ninja survivability n non stop action n u can solo so many impossible situations or bosses but I have a sunrise so I feel so obligated to use sunrise so now I hv a dilemma lol pretty kasmeer staff or shiny blade trail big sunrise

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Very nice looking staff skin, but I have already tailored all my weapons to being Sylvari, and this doesn’t match with that at all.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

BlaqueFyre.5678

Have to agree, they designed it for us mesmers

Still can’t decide on what staff to put this skin: berserker or rampager or even rabid for wvw.

Well Kasmeer is a Mesmer so yeah it was designed solely for Mesmer s

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

LumAnth.5124

GS is great for tagging (CoF p2) and for AoE (…CoF p2). However Staff is for utility, boss fights aswell can be used in melee without damage reduction and still grant tons of buffs to allies, gain all the buffs from allies and supports with signet of inspiration for total OP-NESS for the whole team

Read my last post btw – it’s power based, NOT condition based. Also with 20/20/0/30/0 you can trait staff and GS what ever you need. Just switch your weapons and adapt to the situation. Mesmer can do this well, they require all the weapons they got. Except Torch :o (PvE)

btw … say op-ness. say it again. now say it loud! OP-NESS. Now say it without the “O”.

… heh you just said piiiiiip

I’m 20/20/0/30/0.

I use GS for chambers because it gets the job done MUCH quicker since izerker hits the mobs for 5k+ each while my warlock can only hit 1 mob for 3k.

Other than these solo instances, of course I use staff! Doh! It’s my favorite weapon to look at too, since as a GW1 player I often used staves and the 40/40 set.

• also note thaf I’m using sword / focus (hence the 20 on dueling… fury on phantasms and quicker CD on sword) for more aoe and reflect— then switch to sword / sword to quickly koll the Toxic Hybrid.
Sorry for the typos….

(edited by LumAnth.5124)

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Sword OH is proably better in elite fights against multiple mobs for the MH cleave. However, against the Toxic Hybrid – Y U NO TAKE STAFF I mean – 15k phantasms <3, depends on how many you are . :o Made it with a friend and we just had 4-6 conditions for about 10k’s – still much.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: barghest.3298

barghest.3298

Do you just swap out your second S/x combination out for the staff or do you also alter your traits (e.g. for shorter staff cooldowns)? Currently I’m running 0/20/0/25/25.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

LumAnth.5124

Sword OH is proably better in elite fights against multiple mobs for the MH cleave. However, against the Toxic Hybrid – Y U NO TAKE STAFF I mean – 15k phantasms <3, depends on how many you are . :o Made it with a friend and we just had 4-6 conditions for about 10k’s – still much.

Because I do the chambers and the toxic hybrid instance solo.

Sorry for the typos….

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: mugen.4763

mugen.4763

I love the staff but I wish the feather effect trailed when you moved, it goes away when you move and come back after you stop

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Do you just swap out your second S/x combination out for the staff or do you also alter your traits (e.g. for shorter staff cooldowns)? Currently I’m running 0/20/0/25/25.

I’m running 20/20/0/30/0 since it supports every weapon. The staff is affected by:

• condition duration from dominion for staff damage and better warlock support
  • cribble dom 20 for great kiting and additional warlock dmg
  • +32.25% phantasm damage
  • dominon 5 and 15 stacks great vulnerability on enemies with CS and 2 → F3
    20/20/0/30/0 is very adaptable to the situation. You can swap skills for glamour and mantra support aswell trait gs if not using staff or double sword.

Because I do the chambers and the toxic hybrid instance solo.

Well solo it’s a good choice to go for a sword sword. I like to play with my maties – solo gaming is a no go for me

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Well solo it’s a good choice to go for a sword sword. I like to play with my maties – solo gaming is a no go for me

Nah, you want sword/focus. The second stage form of it spews projectiles everywhere, and I think the third stage form does too. You can kill it incredibly fast with reflects.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Nah, you want sword/focus. The second stage form of it spews projectiles everywhere, and I think the third stage form does too. You can kill it incredibly fast with reflects.

Talking about S/S + S/F

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

I’ll be sticking with the Zenith staff for my mesmer. I feel it goes better with my gaudy crystal-hologram wings. But my guardian is definitely getting one of these. It makes me think of the energy wings paragons used to get when they chanted in GW1.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

You will get kicked from any group that has common knowledge about how dungeons work.

Snow Crows [SC]

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

It is quite nice looking, but is staff viable in pve or will people kick you out of the group then for using one as a mesmer.

Dear lord don’t bring a staff to a dungeon.
Yes, it’s a beautiful skin but show it off somewhere else.

Bläck Dähliä

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tentacle Love.3412

Tentacle Love.3412

lol, as if any of those peasants could ever compare to the power of the mesmer. If anyone kicks you out of the group, use your awesome mesmer powers to boot them from the server.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Why would somone kick you for using the staff? o.O Highest single target dps and best aoe support, even the auto attacks passive damage is great. But yeaaa passive damage – who really notices it? Why does anyone just want to see numbers -.-’’??

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Why would somone kick you for using the staff? o.O Highest single target dps and best aoe support, even the auto attacks passive damage is great. But yeaaa passive damage – who really notices it? Why does anyone just want to see numbers -.-’’??

It’s not highest single target DPS. That goes to sword mainhand and the sword/pistol phantasms.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

It’s not highest single target DPS. That goes to sword mainhand and the sword/pistol phantasms.

Except on bosses with a lot of conditions :P

The thing with staff is… Its either a condition, support or defensive weapon.

• conditions are great for pvp, but suck in pve.
  • support is great for pvp… But just not needed in pve due to bad mob AI. You just stackthem and they die.
  • defense, again, is amazing in pvp, but simply not needed in pve.

The staff is an amazing weapon, and it would definitely see use in dungeons… If dungeon AI wasnt so… Mindless. Maybe if we fought players in dungeons, that would be awesome :P. And it would remove the ‘zerker or gtro’ meta aswell, unless youre actually good in zerker pvp(most people arent). Just a random… Dream, I guess.

Imagine that zerker warrior with 6 legendaries get insta bursted and think his legendaries meant he’d actually stand a chance… Ok, sorry :P

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

There was once a thread about the phantasm dps. iWarlock outdamages the pistol after 2 and the sword after 4 conditions. That’s nothing against a boss. Highest crit I’ve ever had with the iW was 25k wich is rare but doable. In dungeons the crits are about 10-15k. Still better than the other phants.

I guess the biggest “problem” is the auto attack. Staff 1 can be done twice when the sword does it’s full rota once. The sword rota is ø6k direct damage wheras the staff is about 2k but with the conditions even 3k. However the temporary clone you can create deals aswell a bit damage and lets not forget the buffs you will spend with the bounce. Especially fury: a player with 60% crit chance and 100% crit damage gains theoretical +16% damage. What ever xD Just theory.

But fact is the aa is about 50% damage yes, but how many will you do of those? It’s not like you are going for staff only. I’d prefer a Sword Sword + Staff combo, depending on enemies.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Inb4 Colesy has a verbal diarrhea on how you arent using his optimal sword/focus and {anything that isnt greatsword/staff}

oh boy

/grabs some popcorn

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Worthy of legendary if given footstep and the purple stuff comes out at all time.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: tong.5703

tong.5703

I hope this skin will return to Black Lion Trading Company soon

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I hope this skin will return to Black Lion Trading Company soon

Was it really worth necroing a 7 month old thread just to say that?

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Better than creating a new thread… just to say that.

Kasmeer's staff skin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

There’s actually a thread somewhere in the BLTC-forum… hold on… ah, right there:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/List-Of-Things-We-Want-In-Gemstore/first

Here you can post stuff that you’d like to see appearing (or re-appearing) in the gemstore. Necro-ing (or creating) a thread in the Mesmer class-forum won’t get the attention of the people in charge of the gemstore. The thread I linked will.