Ladies and Gentlemen: The Chronomancer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Overlord.4608

Overlord.4608

http://www.tentonhammer.com/news/guild-wars-2/arenanet-reveal-mesmer-elite-specialization-chronomancer

Who else is excited regarding the specialization?

Also: That stun ;3

in Mesmer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

That sounds potentially scary….

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Mesmer

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

Double Time Warp! Double Moa! Double Mass Invis!

Retired Leader of TTS

in Mesmer

Overlord.4608

I know! Reminds me a lot of the Engineer’s Shield 4# Toss, but better! Also the new shatter (f5) resetting your HP, endurance when you re-use it, sounds a lot like a version of Death Shroud, but preventive! Mesmer is going to become more complex and that’s great!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Dem Wells though….

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Double Time Warp! Double Moa! Double Mass Invis!

Double Mirror Image Shatter; Double Mantra Unloads; Double Wells.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in Mesmer

Posted by: smilko.4056

smilko.4056

There’s no mention of a phantasm. Will X/Shield only be able to spawn the scepter/sword 3 clone and that’s it?

in Mesmer

Overlord.4608

Yep Smilko, does sound like it

in Mesmer

Posted by: peterpat.8196

peterpat.8196

Awesome!
But what happens to portal?
Am I allowed to open 2 portal entrences? Do effects vanish after the setback? Will I only get 3s of Portal/TW/ Massinvis?
This might be extremly powerfull or confusing, depending on how it’ll be.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

Sounds like were gonna be a lot more helpful to larger group play in WvW

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

i love how this sounds. But I fear people are going to skip the “long cool downs” and “requires skillful manipulation of cool downs” and go straight to oh merr gergghhddd a Mesmer can reset a fight by shattering? It has AoE daze AND invuln. Yeah I hear it now the cries of scrubs

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

(edited by Jace al Thor.6745)

in Mesmer

smilko.4056

and continuum sounds great if you’re having trouble with jumping puzzle use it, jump, fail, use it again and you’re back where you started

The changes sound amazing for wvw and pvp, but with the lack of phantasms, on x/shield setup, which are a major part of mesmer’s pve damage, I wonder if the wells and shield skills pack enough punch to compensate. Otherwise I dont see myself running Shield outside pvp or wvw.

(edited by smilko.4056)

in Mesmer

Posted by: fluxit.8247

fluxit.8247

The only thing I have to say is SPLOOSH!

edit: and thank you anet.

double edit: I bought a better comp for HOT. (and skyforge….and because my old computer died. RIP. ) So don’t you dare kill my dream of a Dr. Who themed montage.

(edited by fluxit.8247)

in Mesmer

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

There’s no mention of a phantasm. Will X/Shield only be able to spawn the scepter/sword 3 clone and that’s it?

If I had to guess it looks like the shield does AOE pulls and this is basically chaos storm + old confounding suggestions before the nerf. We can’t complain about a second AOE CC field.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

and continuum sounds great if you’re having trouble with jumping puzzle use it, jump, fail, use it again and you’re back where you started

The changes sound amazing for wvw and pvp, but with the lack of phantasms, on x/shield setup, which are a major part of mesmer’s pve damage, I wonder if the wells and shield skills pack enough punch to compensate. Otherwise I dont see myself running Shield outside pvp or wvw.

Don’t you need clones to shatter to use Continuum? In a Jumping Puzzle you will often not be in combat to have any

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in Mesmer

smilko.4056

Don’t you need clones to shatter to use Continuum? In a Jumping Puzzle you will often not be in combat to have any

IP being baseline now eliminates the need for clones for effect to take place.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

My life is not the same after this revelation

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

With the new F5, wells, alacrity and very skill based mechanics, I’m very impressed. I can’t imagine any serious mesmer not being excited about these changes.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Warcry.1596

I HATE mesmer and I’m excited about this.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

I was hoping for a great meta joke where chronomancer was an illusion all along :O

Except then we wouldn’t have chronomancer which looks amazing! I kinda hope the other shield skill (Echo of memory) does decent damage without relying on a phantasm, specifically to address PvE concerns.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Are the Well skills actually tagged as wells, or are they actually Glamours that are called Wells?

I guess we need to wait for the blog post to find out.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

(edited by tobascodagama.2961)

in Mesmer

ronpierce.2760

Are the Well skills actually tagged as wells, or are they actually Glamours that the video was calling wells?

Wells. They said all of the new skills are going to use pre-existing ability types (useful for speculation) so that they can create more synergy with runes in the future.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

I’m digging it!
- Cooldown reduction focus for self and team members
- Several new AoE abilities with strong support/control aspects
- Continuum Shift looks amazing, wonder what the CD will be.

Questions:
- The tentonhammer seems to list Echo of Memory and Tides of Time as the shield skills- no phantasm?
- How will Continuum Shift interact with Portal?
- How strong is Alacrity? When played well, will it be an additional 10% cooldown reduction overall? 20%? 33%?

Overall, I’m really excited to see how it plays. I’ve always wanted a more mage style of Mesmer rather than the close-range illusion-focused duelist, and this may go a long way towards making that an effective playstyle for the profession.

in Mesmer

Warcry.1596

I am sure they are wells, affected by trait selection in Chronomancer line. If they were Glamours then it’d follow that people would trait into Glamours as well everytime.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

I’m so hyped I’m so hyped I’M SO HYPED I’M SO HYPED !!!

It sounds potentially so fun and useful and it looks cool.
This brings the mesmer to a new level of coolness seriously XD

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Are the Well skills actually tagged as wells, or are they actually Glamours that the video was calling wells?

Wells. They said all of the new skills are going to use pre-existing ability types (useful for speculation) so that they can create more synergy with runes in the future.

I ask because the Mesmer class has zero interactions with Well skills as it is. So it seems really weird to introduce an Elite Spec that has no synergy whatsoever with the existing Core Specs.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

inb4 mesmer and F5 gets nerfed to the ground because OMG SO OP IN PVP QQ.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Mesmer

ronpierce.2760

I ask because the Mesmer class has zero interactions with Well skills as it is. So it seems really weird to introduce an Elite Spec that has no synergy whatsoever with the existing Core Specs.

All relating traits will come from the elite trait line itself, if at all. The power may be baseline considering only Chronomancer can use them. Other than that, synergy is just how you use it. ILeap+frequent feels (wells are fields) might prove beneficial.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Cmoooon!!!! YES YES YES

Now we have to wait till tomorrow to see more about the traits and skills and let’s see if we’re improved quite a l in zergs.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

The synergy for the elite-spec with the core-specs come f.e. with improved shatter skills or DE.

You get with the elite spec new utilities that belong to a new group (wells for mesmer), so if you don’t select the elite spec, you will not have any access to those utilities. If there would be a trait in the core specs for wells, how useful do you think would it be without the elite spec?^^

But you can expect to get at least 1 well-trait in the elite spec trait line tho.

BTW: Just crafted my Wall of the Mists xD

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

All specs are kinda like that. Dueling has no traits affecting signets, but you can find a way to use it with Domination. In that sense, if you go Chrono, you’ll have synergy with effects between specs rather than directly correlated to the skill type.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Perma-Chaos Armor/perma-Protection boon time with the new Staff reduction traits … lol

Why even bother with a cooldown on Phase Retreat (mmm, non-stop Staff Clone/Shatter time brokennessgoodness with Alacrity and Bountiful Disillusionment to top it off). num-num-num

(edited by Artaz.3819)

in Mesmer

fluxit.8247

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

If you actually think about the implementation, F5 should last for a duration based on the amount of illusions you shatter (and likely have a very prohibitive cooldown). You won’t be able to reset fights willy nilly, but rather jump into an area, nova, then hop back out.

Regardless, we’ve got the blog post coming soon to more fully explain things anyway

Fishsticks

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Ooooh new toys to play with! So excited for this

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Isn’t it… just a little… OVER POWERED? O_O

in Mesmer

fluxit.8247

New elder dragon confirmed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxD-5z_xHBU

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Old school mezzing.
Fast Casting and Lockdown builds viable.
Curious…
Continuum Split→ Blink→Tides of Time, movement→ Continuum Shift → Repeat

So many delicious new was to cause mayhem.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mara.6782

Mara.6782

Continuum Shift + Signet of Illusion = no cooldown skills if Continuum Shift is shatter skill.

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

Continuum Shift + Signet of Illusion = no cooldown skills if Continuum Shift is shatter skill.

Nope. We cleared this up in the other thread. Since C-Shift doesn’t auto-finish CD’s, but actually “reverts” them to what they were, there’s no pattern to follow in which you’ll be able to use Continuum more than twice in a short period, and even then it may not be worth it. For instance, you use Continuum, it ends, then you use Signet of Illusion. You’ll get Continuum back, use it again, it ends, then you return to the beginning of Signet of Illusion’s cool down since it was on cool down when you began the second Continuum.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

They gave mesmers WoW mage abilitys, should be fun.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

This is.. Literally.. Everything I was hoping for!

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

While not particularly on topic of Chronomancer, I’d like to state something I just thought of: Slow and Confusion. For a while we’ve been thinking they wouldn’t synergies well, but with the apparent Confusion revamp[to act like torment in that it ticks every second and ticks extra damage when target uses skills], Slow might be fun in that it elongates skills so confusion can tick off it at the same damaging capacity or even greater despite the speed at which the target uses the skills.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

Are you telling me that my Mesmer can get bags in WvW now? The Engi spec better be godlike or I may switch my main to Mesmer.

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Is anyone a little worried that shatter skills are not going to be instant anymore? I kind of want to assume it’s just for marketing purposes/ease of view but those videos do show an active finger pointing for shatters and for mirror images.

in Mesmer

Posted by: peterpat.8196

peterpat.8196

But… But… Wouldnt you go back to before the jump, even if you succeeded?

When you use Continuum Split, you’ll sacrifice all your illusions and will split yourself off from the normal flow of time, based on the number of illusions you shattered. When this duration is over, or when the mesmer activates the follow-up skill Continuum Shift, they’ll revert back to the location where the skill was first activated.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

I thought I would swing by here and and say Congrats guys. Mesmer is a class to be really feared after this change! I played mesmer and necro in GW1 and I will say its enticing to see the Faster cast interupt mesmer skills sorta reform into something new!

Now I will return to the black pit of woe the Necro forums, but it may be time to pop my mesmer out and take a look at her again like everyone else in this game lol.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades of Sabatine.5639

Wow this is all good, but let just wait a bit and see what they give the other class.

Our new skills and abilities look amazing but it could be nothing if the give the other class something that really counters everything new we have.

Am not trying to be negative, just want to see all other class new skills and abilities before I can start jumping over the moon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

This is awesome, thanks for bringing the news nice and early to us Overlord

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Holy shieetttttttttttt, so good. I forgive anet for turret engi and power ranger if this turns out good. I can’t even express how awesome this sounds.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on