Legendary greatswords and Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anemone.8913

Anemone.8913

Hi, so lately few people with legendary weapons have shown up and today I saw a mesmer with a sunrise. My main is also a mesmer and so far I’m also going for sunrise as I find it to look great and fitting for my me. I myself am far away from legy, but as I noticed mesmers have only 1 skill that looks somehow different while wielding sunrise.

Sorry if there has been already a discussion about this.

I find that to be very unfair and depressing a little. When warriors or guardians use legendary greatswords it just looks amazing, all the visual effects on skills. So why only 1 for mesmers?

Is it that I have misunderstood something and mesmers have more then 1 skill affected by the legy or are not all the animations in yet or developers just didn’t think of mesmers as highly for this matter then other professions?

Point of this thread is to ask you all other mesmers what do you think?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sulwyn.4362

Sulwyn.4362

Yeah, I too would’ve loved to craft Twilight or Sunrise but it’d just be wasteful using either of them on my Mesmer. The only animation they affect is Mirror Blade’s and even so that’s not especially flashy. I would love to see ANet give some consideration to the Mesmer GS animations and how they interact with the legendaries.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kalar Meadia.8439

Kalar Meadia.8439

It would be interesting if the attack effects from Mesmer (The lightning streaming from it, and the Illusionary Wave) all carried the effect of the weapon layering on it as well.

But I’ll be working on Bolt first anyways.

in Mesmer

Anemone.8913

I also though that the lightning beam of wave could be turned into the day/night effect that comes from the swords, I kind of even hoped for that, seemed fitting and quite logical. So I was very surprised when i saw what they had not done that..or anything else in that matter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zetherin.8372

zetherin.8372

Hey, why not go for Eternity? Combine Sunrise and Twilight for a much more epic greatsword. lol. How hard can that be…

in Mesmer

Posted by: PadmaN.7820

PadmaN.7820

Mesmer’s dont have any swing animations with greatsword so It’d be nice to see some adjustments for legendary greatswords for mesmers…we’re being punished here.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I definitely would agree with this I’m working towards the Legendary and would like to see it reflect a bit better in Mesmer abilities.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in Mesmer

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

I’m getting twilight just cause it looks pretty on my back. Don’t really care otherwise.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Don’t they produce the graphics effect on every movement of the sword? If yes, GS-using Asuras hooooooo \o/

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystic Angelique.4021

Mystic Angelique.4021

Ya i agree with most points regarding the lack of animation for a legendary weapon(greatsword).There should be some improvement on this befitting of a legendary weapon worthy of its name.This include animation not just on mesmer class but for all classes that suffer the same type issue. The great sword is not so great until you guy make it great.Cheers =)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Killua.8041

Killua.8041

Imo Vision of the Mists looks better than the legendaries for mesmer.

O Killua O – Asura Mesmer | Killuas – Asura Engineer
Bookah Protector – Asura Guardian | Trapped Spirit – Asura Necromancer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I have a Mesmer and a tiny Asura… Pretty much worst combination for a legendary but I still want to get one. Just wish they upped the scale a bit on weapons for the Asura and do more flashy stuff for the various Mesmer abilities if you say it doesn’t really show much (I haven’t seen for myself what the effects are like on the Mesmer yet)

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Sounds like a first-world problem .

I’ll be swingin’ (or not swinging I guess, on a Mesmer) my Mystic Claymore for a long, long time :P.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Anemone.8913

Would be nice to see all possible visuals of a legendary GS’s on a mesmer.
Walking, running, jumping, skills, to see all that a legendary offers a mesmer.

So if any mesmer here owns any of the legendary GS’s please make a video <3

in Mesmer

Posted by: Michizane.7842

Michizane.7842

well, ive got a Sunrise, and even i looking for better visuals….. it would even be enough if the Phantasmal Berserker would get the Sunrise. Somehow i am disappointet in the sunrise on my mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

Couldn’t agree more.

in Mesmer

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

I sold a dusk to get the legendary sceptor soley because of the Mesmer GS animation lacking for legendary. Although it is a shame that the scepter is such a “meh” weapon for a Mesmer (I like its effects though).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

It must be time to bump my old thread again.
Here’s a quick copypasta of the OP:

Gonna try to keep this concise. :P
Two questions to start

For ArenaNet:
Is it plausible to alter the animations of a mesmer’s
greatsword skills to better match those of Sunrise?

For players:
Would other mesmers who have obtained Sunrise
be interested in these changes?

Including:

• Spatial Surge’s purple beam changed to match the color palette of the particle effect trail of Sunrise
  • Illusionary Wave’s spread-pattern effect changed to match the color palette of the particle effect trail of Sunrise
  • Mind Stab altered such that what is rising from the ground matches the appearance of Sunrise (or, again, Sunrise’s color palette used for the effect)
  • Phantasmal Berserker altered such that the phantasm is holding a phantasmal image of Sunrise (still purple and “illusionary,” but the same model as sunrise and leaving the same trail; this one is the hardest to pull off :P)

Just some ideas I would’ve implemented from day one. Not all mesmers are scepter/torch shattercats, you know (in fact, very few are).

Currently the only effect Sunrise alters on a mesmer is Mirror Blade, and the effect change is well-implemented… but it’d be nice to have such changes applied to all of the weapon’s skills as well. It’s all about getting noticed, after all.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Finally, I’ve been waiting for a thread like this, was actually going to make on myself.

I too am discouraged about getting my legendary with my mesmer, especially due to the animations. I never took into account how bad the animations were, extremely lackluster. The skill 4 raises the sword in the air but that doesn’t compare to whirlwinds or whirling wrath. Mirrored images is kind of meh, mind stab is a short skill cast time, and illusionary wave is too. There’s no good channel like hundred blades or whirling wrath or even just swooping into combat (ranger skill). We can’t swing the sword around instead it just rotates in our hands. If it’s possible for a rework on the animations, that’d be awesome but I’m seriously doubting it. It’s not like they can justify making the animation for mirrored images a whirl or anything of the sort.

And btw, if they were to make the change, Aneirin, they would have to do that for the other classes as well. So keep that in mind, but I agree with you on the phantasm part, I was thinking of the same idea for a few days now.

sigh kind of regret soulbinding my dusk to my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

can the make a purple legendary? plus im really sad that my ascended weapons are orange ewww. might go for celestial and transmute…well double the cost then XD

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aorin.9168

Aorin.9168

I made my ascended gs today and skinned it with Vision

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deathcon.5903

Deathcon.5903

I understand all your pan, we should definitely have special animations for legendary greatswords. But alas I’m going for Rodgort and I believe this, like all our ideas, will fall on anet’s deaf ears.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

True, but it’s biggest upside – and at the same time, disappointment – is that it makes you look the same as the other Mesmers running around with you.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Should really stick legendaries on the phantasms.

Atleast iZerker with whirl would show the blade trail nicely.

Quip would finally be worth getting on mesmer as well with Duelist, would be absolutely amazing.

Even iWarden duel wielding Minstrels would look fantastic with the note particles, they would fly all over the place as he spins.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

+1 @ Knote

It would definitely make phantasms more special. The notes on the warden would be amazing, it would make me want to go for the Minstrel for sure. If they could make changes for legendaries so thakittenaffects the skills of the class, and not just mesmer but the rest of the greatsword wielding classes, that would be amazing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Phantasms should simply wear legendaries. Change iWarlock to staff whielder btw

… Image an iDuellist with 2 Quips

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”