LoL is getting a Chronomancer too

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Overall irrelevant, but fun to discuss. Doesn’t look like his Continuum Shift resets his health, though.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

RIOT was infected by the chronomancer hype!

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I’ve never had any interest in playing that game. It looks horrible compared to gw2. But my goodness their promotional videos are FANTASTIC!!!

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

………….Lol…………..

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

Zilean’s son or something

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

RIOT was infected by the chronomancer hype!

http://i.imgur.com/1d58kOi.jpg

Not really a chronomancer since he seems to keep the damage suffered during the shift

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Mesmer

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

sorry to burst your bubbles, but smite have had chronomancer for a LOOOONG time, including a elite that is pretty much continuum shift https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLDeOMiXFfk

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

sorry to burst your bubbles, but smite have had chronomancer for a LOOOONG time, including a elite that is pretty much continuum shift https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLDeOMiXFfk

Chronos really only has his ult to make me think “time manipulator” though. I actually feel ANet is doing a better job than HiRez did.

And even Ekko is looking a lot more interesting than that if the video translates even halfway decently to gameplay.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Amazing promo videos – awful gameplay compared to GW2.

Despite all the problems, GW2 combat is still the best so far – even ESO doesn’t touch it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

I love people holding GW2 combat as some sort of holy grail.

actually get out and play a game besides GW2 and you’ll see that there are games with gameplay on par or superior to it, and LoL is one of them.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

actually get out and play a game besides GW2 and you’ll see that there are games with gameplay on par or superior to it, and LoL is one of them.

I have – it’s unbelievably boring (lol that is).

But then I am from an action TPS/FPS/RPG background so I seriously dislike that style of game as it is. I enjoy things like mass effect 3 multiplayer, jedi knight series games, TES games and so on (sorry, ESO just doesn’t cut it for me, and things like tera/rift don’t either).

Holding right click for camera and lack of a crosshair was enough of an adjustment to make in GW2, as well as tab targeting, and I dislike gw2 pve enough as it is because the enemies aren’t unpredictable like in action games.

Edit: so I should clarify – gw2 pvp is superior to its competition, despite the shortcomings.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

in Mesmer

maha.7902

gw2 pvp is superior to its competition, despite the shortcomings.

LOL

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I’d rather watch paint dry than play LoL. The acronym for their game is appropriate.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

gw2 pvp is superior to its competition, despite the shortcomings.

LOL

Care to elaborate – I’ve highlighted the reasons I find it more fun than “similar” games.

Also, if mesmer didn’t exist, I wouldn’t be playing this game anyway – and I certainly wouldn’t play any other mmo – but I enjoy the mechanics and visual effects of mesmer too much.

If a game has boring mechanics (like LoL and similar games), I don’t care how well balanced it is, I’m not interested, period. Therefore, in my eyes gw2 pvp combat playing as a mesmer is superior. It is more fluid, fast paced, action based and more satisfying mechanically, visually and aurally. There are many problems in this game, but the core pvp combat mechanics is not one of them.

I’d rather watch paint dry than play LoL. The acronym for their game is appropriate.

Agreed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I’m just chuckling that people are trying to compare GW2 combat to a MOBA. Seriously, this is one of the most obvious cases of apples and oranges that you could find.

That being said, GW2 combat is blown out of the water by Dragon Nest. Yeah, GW2 combat is good…but Dragon Nest is titanically better.

in Mesmer

maha.7902

ymmv, but when you compare gw2 pvp getting like 2k viewers on a big tournament (where the stream disconnects and it turns out half of the “viewers” are bots) to the, what, 30 or so million who watched the league world championships last year

i mean

you compare two “esports” and … yeah. i’m pretty sure having 1,500x less viewers than another esport means it probably isn’t superior to its competition.

i mean let’s be honest, you’ve got a game with regular balance changes versus a game which doesn’t even bother to deal with a brain afk turret engi build which basically ruins solo queue for months on end.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

GW2 pvp isn’t an esport that’s for sure, and probably never will be, but the combat is nicer than most other MMO’s. But comparing that combat to a moba style is really not possible, it’s like saying football is better than skiing because they use a ball.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

I’m just chuckling that people are trying to compare GW2 combat to a MOBA. Seriously, this is one of the most obvious cases of apples and oranges that you could find.

That being said, GW2 combat is blown out of the water by Dragon Nest. Yeah, GW2 combat is good…but Dragon Nest is titanically better.

I can also vouch for this. The amount of depth that went into Dragon Nest PvP amazed me when I played. Unfortunately, the game is very grindy, PvE is required to some extent even if you just want to PvP(since you can’t level in PvP and skills are locked out until you’re the proper level), real money is kind of necessary for PvP if you ever want to change your build, and the PvP community is one of the most toxic I’ve ever seen. I loved Dragon Nest, but as the level cap got higher and higher, I grew disinterested faster and faster.

Plus it seemed with the implementation of more ex skills, PvPsuper fragile, which probably what lead to their extensive community made blacklist.

That said, I still love GW2 PvP and its the first game since Dragon Nest that this has been the case.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Unfortunately, the game is very grindy, PvE is required to some extent even if you just want to PvP(since you can’t level in PvP and skills are locked out until you’re the proper level),

You can level in PvP now actually xD. It’s many many times faster than before, actually a viable option now (albeit it will take far longer than PvEing it).

and the PvP community is one of the most toxic I’ve ever seen.

Yeah, as much as I love the game, this fact can’t be overstated. The DN PvP community makes LoL look like a friendly welcoming committee.

in Mesmer

Necrotize.2974

Unfortunately, the game is very grindy, PvE is required to some extent even if you just want to PvP(since you can’t level in PvP and skills are locked out until you’re the proper level),

You can level in PvP now actually xD. It’s many many times faster than before, actually a viable option now (albeit it will take far longer than PvEing it).

Yeah, as much as I love the game, this fact can’t be overstated. The DN PvP community makes LoL look like a friendly welcoming committee.

Well that’s good news, the idea of grinding a new class in PvE for countless hours just to PvP really discouraged me from sticking with it. But that PvP community… I check back occasionally to see if its still the same, the names change but it always is the same T_T

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Well that’s good news, the idea of grinding a new class in PvE for countless hours just to PvP really discouraged me from sticking with it. But that PvP community… I check back occasionally to see if its still the same, the names change but it always is the same T_T

Yeah, fairly recently (maybe 3 months or so) they did a drastic rework on leveling and such, including massively boosting exp from PvP. I honestly rather enjoy the DN PvE, have done a lot of the dragon raids and such, but it always is nice to be able to level in PvP.

in Mesmer

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

you cant really say one is better than the other really, as the 2 combat system er jsut so different on a very fundamental level

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

ymmv, but when you compare gw2 pvp getting like 2k viewers on a big tournament (where the stream disconnects and it turns out half of the “viewers” are bots) to the, what, 30 or so million who watched the league world championships last year

i mean

you compare two “esports” and … yeah. i’m pretty sure having 1,500x less viewers than another esport means it probably isn’t superior to its competition.

i mean let’s be honest, you’ve got a game with regular balance changes versus a game which doesn’t even bother to deal with a brain afk turret engi build which basically ruins solo queue for months on end.

I don’t care about esports or tournaments tbh – I only care about the feeling of playing the combat mechanics for myself, and for that reason I rate gw2 as superior – mind you, only when playing as Mesmer. I couldn’t care less about the other generic fantasy classes (though I do enjoy melee ranger) because they aren’t as visually satisfying to play.

If Mesmer was deleted from gw2 I’d likely quit and go back to small scale third/first person action rpgs/shooters.

Anyway as a side note, I haven’t tried Dragon Nest yet and have read that it is action based? Can’t watch any gameplay videos right now as on a phone, but is there a crosshair and usual third person action rpg style controls? Sounds interesting from the description, I’ll look into it when I next have some time to see if I might like it.

in Mesmer

Necrotize.2974

i mean

I don’t care about esports or tournaments tbh – I only care about the feeling of playing the combat mechanics for myself, and for that reason I rate gw2 as superior – mind you, only when playing as Mesmer. I couldn’t care less about the other generic fantasy classes (though I do enjoy melee ranger) because they aren’t as visually satisfying to play.

If Mesmer was deleted from gw2 I’d likely quit and go back to small scale third/first person action rpgs/shooters.

Anyway as a side note, I haven’t tried Dragon Nest yet and have read that it is action based? Can’t watch any gameplay videos right now as on a phone, but is there a crosshair and usual third person action rpg style controls? Sounds interesting from the description, I’ll look into it when I next have some time to see if I might like it.

There is a crosshair and it does fit that description IMO. Many skills can interact very effectively with each other and the combat is very combo oriented. That, and the art and action style are really beautifully done. If you do plan on PvPing in it though, I suggest you do some research because the community has established a “Blacklist” of sorts which is a list of banned/restricted skills in 1v1 matches. Kind of weird but like I said, the only big reason to hate Dragon Nest PvP is the community(mostly on the forums), other than that, its great. I can’t speak too much more on it recently as the level cap has been raised and two new classes released since the last time I played it seriously.

If you want to see a good example of how fluid the combat is, look up Acrobat/Tempest/Windwalker PvP or pretty much any Wall Combo videos. Those things are what made me really want to play it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

That trailer was so dope

in Mesmer

maha.7902

you cant really say one is better than the other really, as the 2 combat system er jsut so different on a very fundamental level

from a popularity perspective, yes you can say one is better than the other.

though if you want to argue the gameplay itself, well that’s just opinion. some people find the idea of afk farming for the first 20 minutes of league stupid and boring, I see it as an opportunity to be alone with my opponent and outplay and dominate them and to practice my farming, map awareness and the mechanics of my champion. other people just see it as for the love of god can we get past this boring phase so we can get to the 5v5s already.

but yeah, it’s all a matter of opinion. i just find it hilarious to claim a game with garbage pvp which ANet literally wanted to become an esport (****ing lol) actually has good pvp though when it’s got like one dull game mode with ridiculously obnoxious builds that you can’t even do anything about besides wait for the game to be over and has basically zero following on the grand scheme of things, hell, I’m pretty sure casual counter strike, league and hearthstone streamers rack up more viewers than official GW2 tournaments.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

hell, I’m pretty sure casual counter strike, league and hearthstone streamers rack up more viewers than official GW2 tournaments.

/offtopic
Unofficial 15v15/20v20 GvGs can have the same amount of viewers as the Official, Advertised, Gifts Included sPvP #esport.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

i mean

There is a crosshair and it does fit that description IMO. Many skills can interact very effectively with each other and the combat is very combo oriented. That, and the art and action style are really beautifully done. If you do plan on PvPing in it though, I suggest you do some research because the community has established a “Blacklist” of sorts which is a list of banned/restricted skills in 1v1 matches. Kind of weird but like I said, the only big reason to hate Dragon Nest PvP is the community(mostly on the forums), other than that, its great. I can’t speak too much more on it recently as the level cap has been raised and two new classes released since the last time I played it seriously.

If you want to see a good example of how fluid the combat is, look up Acrobat/Tempest/Windwalker PvP or pretty much any Wall Combo videos. Those things are what made me really want to play it.

I’ve finally managed to sit down and watch some videos – I love the camera/targeting system, reminds me a bit of Warframe.

Personally I’m not into the art style – a little too cartoony for me – if you could take gw2 art style and fidelity plus that camera system I would love it (and no, eso’s problem is there is nothing akin to mesmer).

I sincerely hope that by the time GW3 is ever released, all these games have ditched the terrible tab targeting and “hold right click to mouselook” targeting system in favour of full tps action mechanics.