Meanings of shorthand in the mesmer forums.

in Mesmer

Posted by: wild bill.4935

wild bill.4935

While I have a lvl 80 mesmer and have been there for awhile, I’ve just recently started looking at these forums. I’ve come across a few abbreviations that have made me wonder but the one that is really bugging me and I can’t find out what it means or figure out.

Please help me gain my sanity back and tell me what PU means!

Any other relevant “shorthand” that is used in Mesmer Talk?

(edited by wild bill.4935)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tarug.7369

Tarug.7369

PU stands for “Prismatic Understanding”, a trait from our Chaos line often used in PvP builds:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prismatic_Understanding

Nina Tarug [NP] – mesmer
“You’re a bitter man," said Candide.
“That’s because I’ve lived in the dungeon forum,” said Martin.

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Just abbrievate the most common skills and traits LOL

DE (deceptive evasion), IC (Illusionist’s Celerity), IP (illusionary persona), MI (Mass Invisibility), TW (Time Warp), MoD (Mantra of Distraction), MoC (Mantra of Concentration) , etc

PU is commonly referred to because it is becoming a popular build. Mainly it was often used for condi PU builds, which are heavy hitting condi but tanky, stealthy, hard to kill. PU is a trait line so it is used elsewhere too. I decided to use it on a phantasm build couple months back. It gives max toughness trait line and has a lot of stealth + boons making it super tanky. People think it is OP (especially the condi PU builds) or whatever.

(edited by takatsu.9416)

in Mesmer

Posted by: wild bill.4935

wild bill.4935

Thanks Takatsu. After poking around I guess my build is closest to the Blackwater. I love the survival ability but I’m finding I’m either roaming in a small guild group or joining up in big zergs and I’m just not getting the bag drops I think I should be so I was poking around for something that might have more offense to it and I kept seeing the PU.

I’ll have to check out some other builds now too.