Mental Defence cooldown

Mental Defence cooldown

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

This increase to 30s on its own doesn’t make sense – at least also increase the cooldown of the utility skill to be consistent.

And then decrease the cast time of the utility skill and give it an active effect (same for iDisenchanter).

Just seems weird.

Mental Defence cooldown

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

How about they just stop piling on multiple nerfs at once that multiply each others effects.

And delete PvP.

Mental Defence cooldown

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hlord.5940

Hlord.5940

I actually had it on but it is debatable if it’s better than illusionary inspiration or not because i’ve never really rely on it much because it doesn’t active every time like Deceptive Evasion, must have been a really op trait like all the phantasm utilities with 1.5 sec cast time that no one bring in pvp
BTW there are complains about illusionary inspriation too! must have been one hell of a trait too, it might get nerf too

/sarcasm

Mental Defence cooldown

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

How about they just stop piling on multiple nerfs at once that multiply each others effects.

And delete PvP.

Or how about that they temper every single significant nerf they make to a profession, by making a positive adjustment to a broken/useless aspect of the same profession?

Is that so hard? Is that too much to ask as a paying customer when there is SOO MUCH broken about my profession that every nerf becomes a slap in the face, because it whittles away at already non-existent build diversity?

I mean, do we not have plenty of things they could tweak positively!? (Not boost through the roof, just tweak!)

- Casting times on Utility Phantasms
- CDs on old utilities that are never/underused (won’t fix’em all, but a couple could be useful with a realistic CD in todays game!)
- CDs on Wells post nerf
- CD and passive on Signet of Humility after nerfing it into the ground. This is an Elite? lol! Engineers Moa-morph is now superior in every possible way! Again, great balancing there Anet!
- Tweak the Phantasm and TP on Torch after a HUGE rework of Burning! How can you leave these 1 stack of Burns on these abilities with a straight face, when considering what other classes get?
- Tweaks to unused/underused weapon sets

And that’s only common sense stuff right off the top of my head without much thought…it’s easy low hanging fruit that would have near zero impact on the meta, but might make other builds more viable. OH NO!!! We wouldn’t want that!

(edited by Windwalker.7421)

Mental Defence cooldown

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaoz.7941

Chaoz.7941

And delete PvP.

“and delete PvP”

I think this is the single brightest idea anet would ever have if they thought it. I used to like pvp, but they just completely destroyed it and given it to a bunch of elementary kids to balance. There is just 0 thought thrown behind these nerfs without any attention given to skills that are useless and made useless by said nerfs looks at well of precognition. Every profession was given 4 new utilities. Mesmer was only given 3. That well cant even be considered a being on par with racial skills its 100% times worse then those.

Mental Defence cooldown

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

And delete PvP.

This please. It would fix so many more problems than any other possible change and free up crucial dev time, and make skill balance much more consistent (as both PvE and WvW feature large amounts of mass-combat).

Alas, someone in the dev team really has this utopian dream of GW2-the-esport. Shame.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.