Mesmer Balance Changes

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Oh lord. I just noticed that.
I am the master of the kitten martial arts!
I bought a founders pack so I’ve got premium, longest queue I had to deal with was 1.5 minutes XD but some guildies had to wait an hour or so at the longest.

Ah well. Should have made a post telling everyone where to go. But I do love the cross server dungeon stuff even though I suck at dungeons. My characters name is Sachyi btw.

Roger that! Mine is Tamchel, may not be able to get in until tomorrow evening.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

condi mesmer is still useless . still can have fun in hot join but thats it
power mesmer need some help compare dmg output
bunker mesmer is dead although you might see some semi support build coming up if they buff our direct dmg

atm as i shortly see it . mesmer are gone from pvp area….

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

condi mesmer is still useless . still can have fun in hot join but thats it
power mesmer need some help compare dmg output
bunker mesmer is dead although you might see some semi support build coming up if they buff our direct dmg

atm as i shortly see it . mesmer are gone from pvp area….

Yeah that’s pretty much how I see it too.

On another point, does anything else think that the people saying alacrity will affect all 10 members are short a brain cell? Cause, correct me if I’m wrong, but a Rev won’t get any benefit from alacrity due to using energy andyou don’t use more than one Chrono in raids anyway.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/42sw27/mesmer_changes/

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

I too looking to test something new temporaly and perhaps reroll some time while search to something fresh out there (games). I am too old here to stumble over the same stone again. Well, at least, we had four months of be something. But nothing new for us, as always, a short period of brilliance and the subsequent fall for a long time.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pheppo.9286

Pheppo.9286

And again thank you Anet for killing my build.
These are not only nerv’s … you eredicated a complete buildline and added some more mesmer skills to the “complete useless” bag.
Congratulations!
Sometimes i believe nobody cares for us mesmers. Worst dps class gets nerved into the ground.
This happens when unispired people are responsible for builds and traits.

Server: Riverside [DE]
Chars: The fluffy Flapsi (Ele), Fipsip (Mesmer), Flappo (Necro), Fenix (Engi)

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

My assassin is already level 20, and I’m loving it. I’m on Juwol server. IGN is Pyros Unseen. Also picked the red faction, can’t remember the name.

Edit: Don’t really know how guilds work, but when I get on tonight I’ll make one called GW2 Mesmer Refugees.

(edited by Fay.2357)

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Jace al Thor.6745

My assassin is already level 20, and I’m loving it. I’m on Juwol server. IGN is Pyros Unseen. Also picked the red faction, can’t remember the name.

Edit: Don’t really know how guilds work, but when I get on tonight I’ll make one called GW2 Mesmer Refugees.

I was wondering when you would comment but I wasn’t expecting this XD
Glad to have you though! Although I think everyone is on different servers

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

I was wondering when you would comment but I wasn’t expecting this XD
Glad to have you though! Although I think everyone is on different servers

Psh, a new action-style game with high production quality releases and you don’t think I’d be there trying it out? You wound me!

Anyway, I don’t know how much or how little servers matter for things. I know dungeons are cross server, as is PvP. I don’t know if there’s guesting functions or anything, or whether server transfers are possible.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Jace al Thor.6745

I guess I was expecting you to lecture us all and THEN tell us about the next game you were playing :P

As for how much a server matters… I don’t think it does except for open world PvP. All the other stuff is cross server.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I don’t care if people take this post with vindictive joy or sadness, but mesmer are basically only used for portal and rally bot in pvp now. You’ll see standard shatter mesmer build won’t be able to keep up with the rest of power creeps.

All other roles can be filled by other classes.

• Necro has a lot more boon corruption than standard shatter with their weapon skills and corrupt boon on 15s CD (look at arcane thievery at kitten CD lol). They probably do better job at bunking as they don’t have to be completely useless.
  • Revenant does better job at applying torment and confusion than mesmer. These 2 are the main conditions for mesmer and mesmer need illusions to stack high.
  • DH has better and easier burst than shatter mesmer in conquest, at the same time bring in lots of area denial. Oh and they hardcounter mesmer with trap insta-kill most illusions
  • Thieves has always been better at +1 and decapping than mesmer, and they hard countering both power and condi mesmer with the recent buff.

Yup, goodbye mesmer I guess. I was happy that I moved onto ele as they’ve been taking favors since 2.5 years ago.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Jace al Thor.6745

I don’t care if people take this post with vindictive joy or sadness, but mesmer are basically only used for portal and rally bot in pvp now. You’ll see standard shatter mesmer build won’t be able to keep up with the rest of power creeps.

All other roles can be filled by other classes.

• Necro has a lot more boon corruption than standard shatter with their weapon skills and corrupt boon on 15s CD (look at arcane thievery at kitten CD lol). They probably do better job at bunking as they don’t have to be completely useless.
  • Revenant does better job at applying torment and confusion than mesmer. These 2 are the main conditions for mesmer and mesmer need illusions to stack high.
  • DH has better and easier burst than shatter mesmer in conquest, at the same time bring in lots of area denial. Oh and they hardcounter mesmer with trap insta-kill most illusions
  • Thieves has always been better at +1 and decapping than mesmer, and they hard countering both power and condi mesmer with the recent buff.

Yup, goodbye mesmer I guess. I was happy that I moved onto ele as they’ve been taking favors since 2.5 years ago.

What’s sad is people keep throwing Portal out there as one of the reason Mesmer is strong like the skill automatically when’s the game. When they do that though I don’t think they consider the fact a dead Mesmer can’t portal, a Mesmer using portal by themselves isn’t good portal play most of the time, and your team generally has to be build around the Mesmer. If you have a crappy mesmer then you might as well not use portal. Or Mesmer for that matter.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

Same for Moa. Heck some traits like rev shield hibernation still function during moa….

Yet, its purple cheese for common sense. Nerf them and still nerf the rest cause its how that we roll for mesmer.

Nerf moa and nerf signets trait cause moa is a signet! Must not kill, must completly nuke it. Kappa.

(edited by FJSAMA.2867)

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Jace al Thor.6745

Same for Moa. Heck some traits like rev shield hibernation still function during moa….

Still, its purple cheese for common sense.

I hardly see anyone run Moa. The last person I saw run Moa was condi. Couldn’t kill a fly. And had to constantly disengage from every fight I was in because they were sustaining go much damage. That’s even after I was Moa’ed in a 2v2.

A lot of Mesmer balance would be solved if people actually L2P

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

FJSAMA.2867

Nop, thief sucks not cause its role/stealth mechanincs/bunker meta/ conquest.
Buff its dmg/sustain/attack speed.

Ppl still dont die cause u are bad and still kill you cause u cant dodge and outsmart? nerf others and oh, buff thief some more.

PS: obviously pure bs in here, but its actually true. Step by thief forum and check the qqs cause staff dont do as much dmg as dagger and sword still needs more dmg.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Some math:

100% condition duration. Phantasmal haste. 3 duelists. 50% crit chance. Duelist’s discipline.

Attack cycle is once every 6.6 seconds. Each salvo will stack 4 bleeds for 10 seconds and 4 bleeds for 12 seconds. Maximum bleeds per duelist will vary between 16 and 12. Maximum total bleed stacks will be between 36 and 48.

With 3500 (lol) condition damage and 25 vuln on target, 48 bleeds will tick for about 14k dps. In other words, condie Mesmer is still garbage.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Jace al Thor.6745

The last time I talked with thief players the argument they presented was Mesmer has more build variety(um really) and they are stuck to being +1’ers and decappers. I can’t help but picture how stupid a thief bunkering a point would be where as a mesmer(you know master of illusions and deception) could possibly do that.

Oh and they threw on the portal utility crap to. I can’t help that Mesmer has decent utility, good burst, decent sustain(when specced out the whazzo for it), etc. but I can tell you that to have one of those we give up the other. If you were killed by bunker Mesmer you suck imo. Shatter goes for burst over sustain and take portal(the only true team utility skill it takes)
But no one comprehends any of that

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Jace al Thor.6745

Some math:

100% condition duration. Phantasmal haste. 3 duelists. 50% crit chance. Duelist’s discipline.

Attack cycle is once every 6.6 seconds. Each salvo will stack 4 bleeds for 10 seconds and 4 bleeds for 12 seconds. Maximum bleeds per duelist will vary between 16 and 12. Maximum total bleed stacks will be between 36 and 48.

With 3500 (lol) condition damage and 25 vuln on target, 48 bleeds will tick for about 14k dps. In other words, condie Mesmer is still garbage.

Now that’s what I was expecting!

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Anybody want to give me a quick run down of the roles, gimmicks and mechanics are of the different classes in Blade and Soul?

Also what the PvE and PvP content is like and how the f2p model is?

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Anybody want to give me a quick run down of the roles, gimmicks and mechanics are of the different classes in Blade and Soul?

I’ve just been watching some videos trying to decide – am I right in thinking Summoner is closest to mesmer?

Or is another class more in line?

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Jace al Thor.6745

The combat is more skill/combo based.
I play a KungkittenMaster and my “role” would normally be tank as I can counter in and do threat stuff in PvE.
Can’t speak about the other classes as much.
PvP is 1v1 and 3v3 arenas. The 3v3’s are tag team style matches so your still in 1v1 style match ups.
No dodge rolling and no true heals. You won’t be using Ether Feast any time soon in BnS.
From what I’ve experienced the PvE is fairly fast paced with lots of daily missions and quests to do. You also have dungeons that I’ve only done a few of.
My suggestion would be just download it and play it.
The f2p model is really only different from the sub by faster queue times and access to the in game store for skins and materials. It’s NOT BUY TO PLAY.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Jace al Thor.6745

I’ve just been watching some videos trying to decide – am I right in thinking Summoner is closest to mesmer?

Or is another class more in line?

If you have to have AI then yes summoner.
My suggestion would be try the classes to find which play style fits you best

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Current F2P model is: more intrusively F2P than anyone would like, but not bad enough to really negatively impact your game experience.

Combat: All classes have a resource called focus, stacks up to 10. Some skills consume it, others generate it, so you have to balance that.

Some classes have additional “resourcy” mechanics dealing with stacks of debuffs for amped effects and such, every class is different.

Combat is contextual mechanic based semi-action combat. Every keybind will have 3-4 skills associated with it that will become active based on various factors, ex: If enemy is stunned, you may activate ‘special attack that knocks down stunned enemies’. If in stealth and have used skill X in the past 5 seconds, may use skill Y. Stuff like that.

Combat is semi-action because it is primarily target-locked mechanically, instead of manual aiming and targeting. Despite this, there’s a heavy emphasis on countering with split second activation windows (I have several skills that make me immune to damage for .2 seconds, providing a bunch of extra goodies if I block a skill during those .2 seconds), and play-counterplay interactions with various ways to avoid or negate offensive or defensive mechanics.

Overall, I give the combat an A-. It’s not as good as Dragon Nest (nothing is), but it’s engaging and enjoyable to play.

(edited by Fay.2357)

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

RM, Mistrust, Scepter AA nice …

Mesmer

• Feedback: This skill is now ground targeted and no longer requires a target.

FB is powerful. Ground targeted FB is godly.

<3

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

FJSAMA.2867

One-shot lupi on wall? Keppo.
Oh and btw, we can take screen-shots with it on city now!

Seriously now i think it could be done at least when snap aoes on target option got introduced. Even sugested that. The only positive good change made to mesmer. Probabily that and 3rd chain scepter not overwriting phantasms with clone. But scepter? Blegh..

(edited by FJSAMA.2867)

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Holder.4537

Holder.4537

I really think that now the mesmer has been burnt down, and agis really? that is one skill now rendered completely pointless. the mesmer spent years being destroyed, then buffed to it is being used again, now destroyed again…to the point where people will be changing classes. The nerfs arnt broken to the class on their own but the other classes buffed around it make it difficult to justify playing it. I main thief my second is mesmer (or was) and yes I have been destroying mesmers tonight. Most classes have either high mobility or invunerabilities, so why nerf the mesmers?

We are experiencing issues with Blur and distortion getting hit and downed through these skills, a lot of the time. Please Help a class that will once again be put onto the back burner by a lot of players.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

PvP mesmer got nuked. I will not deny that. Honestly expected more buffs like warrior changes with a lot of CD reduction across the board for chrono after alacrity nerf and it’s BS that it didn’t happen. Need to check if PH got fixed with shield phantasms too but for PvE…

Some math:

And with Vipers (or sinister/rampager) gear, how much power damage are those duelists also doing? 20% chance on 24 projectiles every 6.6 seconds for ~1.6 sec burns. Then add ~1k from just scepter 3 confusion assuming NO confusion procs and a bit of torment from auto attack. Add grace of the land and rune of the berserker in there for 15% and 5% buff to condi dmg (the power won’t affect phantasms). It’s actually competitive DPS. That just takes Dueling/Illusions to work so toss in chrono and drop wells/TW. Swap to shield 5 when 3 duelists are up. Not as much alacrity/quickness uptime as before but definitely competitive DPS+buffs, especially given the nerf to burnzerker. Or bring chaos/signets for more condi duration and damage. Sinister/rampager+spotter and banner of D for much better crit chance.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

You should all leave the mesmer class, reroll to something else or play b&s.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

PvP mesmer got nuked. I will not deny that. Honestly expected more buffs like warrior changes with a lot of CD reduction across the board for chrono after alacrity nerf and it’s BS that it didn’t happen. Need to check if PH got fixed with shield phantasms too but for PvE…

Some math:

And with Vipers (or sinister/rampager) gear, how much power damage are those duelists also doing? 20% chance on 24 projectiles every 6.6 seconds for ~1.6 sec burns. Then add ~1k from just scepter 3 confusion assuming NO confusion procs and a bit of torment from auto attack. Add grace of the land and rune of the berserker in there for 15% and 5% buff to condi dmg (the power won’t affect phantasms). It’s actually competitive DPS. That just takes Dueling/Illusions to work so toss in chrono and drop wells/TW. Swap to shield 5 when 3 duelists are up. Not as much alacrity/quickness uptime as before but definitely competitive DPS+buffs, especially given the nerf to burnzerker. Or bring chaos/signets for more condi duration and damage. Sinister/rampager+spotter and banner of D for much better crit chance.

You obviously missed some things in my calculations.

1. I assumed 3500 condition damage. This is so hilariously far above what’s possible (especially with viper) that it’s absurd. I chose 3500 just to showcase how bad it was even if the Mesmer had deity-tier condition damage
  2. Yes, I neglected power damage in my calculation. No, it doesn’t matter. All the other sinister classes are doing power damage too. Burnzerker is doing >25k condition damage before power damage. Think you can top that? Burn tempest is at 22k before power damage.
  3. Especially with the alacrity nerf, using duelists instead of avengers will substantially lower alacrity uptime on the team
  4. Needing to put duelists back up takes a long time, especially since taking the signet over the well means even less alacrity uptime.
  5. You can’t even start putting up duelists until 15 seconds into the fight once you’re done with the opening combo.

Add all those up and you get a garbage-tier dps class that brings worse buffing than a standard chrono/chrono tank. It’s trash.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Burnzerker is doing >25k condition damage before power damage. Think you can top that?

I didn’t test it yet but they got screwed pretty hard by the King of Fire change plus Longbow got supposedly fixed.

RM, Mistrust, Scepter
Mesmer

<3

Anyone tried if still works underwater?

(edited by Xaylin.1860)

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Since mesmer’s condi DPS only comes from bleeds, I only went for bleed duration and thus use rampager instead of viper while still close to 100% bleed duration.

With 25 might, banner, but no food, I got around 2500 condi damage. With that, each duelist is 3300 bleed DPS. Power damage is not amazing: 1000 DPS. We thus reach 4300×3 = 12900.
Then you have the scepter DPS. The speed is about 3 AA chain, 1 confusing image in approximately 10s. Assuming the enemy is immobile and does not attack, we get 3300 DPS (2200 power DPS, 1100 condi). Assuming the enemy moves all the time and attacks 1 per second, we have 5200 DPS instead.

So overall, between 16200 and 18100 DPS.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Since mesmer’s condi DPS only comes from bleeds, I only went for bleed duration and thus use rampager instead of viper while still close to 100% bleed duration.

With 25 might, banner, but no food, I got around 2500 condi damage. With that, each duelist is 3300 bleed DPS. Power damage is not amazing: 1000 DPS. We thus reach 4300×3 = 12900.
Then you have the scepter DPS. The speed is about 3 AA chain, 1 confusing image in approximately 10s. Assuming the enemy is immobile and does not attack, we get 3300 DPS (2200 power DPS, 1100 condi). Assuming the enemy moves all the time and attacks 1 per second, we have 5200 DPS instead.

While providing substantially lower alacrity uptime, and only actually getting into full dps mode close to 30 seconds at best after everyone else has started. It’s still just awful.

Additionally, it’s absolutely worthless on gorseval. Want to swap targets and take down the wall for a jump? Too bad. Want to help kill the adds before a jump? Too bad. Want to put dps onto the next charged spirit after killing one? Too bad. Want to continue dpsing at maximum strength after a jump? Too bad. It’s also bad on sabetha. Every time they swap bandits, you have to restart your dps from the ground up.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

While providing substantially lower alacrity uptime, and only actually getting into full dps mode close to 30 seconds at best after everyone else has started. It’s still just awful.

Additionally, it’s absolutely worthless on gorseval. Want to swap targets and take down the wall for a jump? Too bad. Want to help kill the adds before a jump? Too bad. Want to put dps onto the next charged spirit after killing one? Too bad. Want to continue dpsing at maximum strength after a jump? Too bad. It’s also bad on sabetha. Every time they swap bandits, you have to restart your dps from the ground up.

Which is why I want ANet to get rid of the bloomin phantasm mechanic so mesmers can stop sucking so hard you’d think they were developed after a night out in soho!

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

As I mentioned in OMFG guild chat: at least they can’t nerf the 3 weapon skills we didn’t get because we got “something just as good”.

The alacrity nerf is just bad. They could at least have changed the major trait to grant the 66% back for the mesmer… but alas, that’s not ANet way. When ANet nerfs mesmers, they double or triple nerf it. So now we have less uptime AND less effectiveness. And we’re stuck with skills with base cooldowns that accounted for the old alacrity. Who decided this either fails terribly at understanding the mechanics or just wanted to gut Chronomancers for good.

Well of Precognition is now complete garbage and on top of that it still has his 45 seconds cooldown and insane .75s cast time. And they made sure thieves could just ignore it if any chrono decided to slot it. Heh.

The scepter “buff” is a sad joke that I’m sure will make some PVE player happy for a tinypercent more damage if you sit facetanking a single target. People that think hybrid power/condi mesmer DPS will be viable will be sadly disappointed (or will keep living in their own imaginary world).

The Chaos Armor nerf was like: it gives too much blind. So, instead of reworking the chance to happen for blind (like: add weakness to the rotation, or lower the chance for blind and increase the chance for the other conditions) they removed it completely, swapping it for weakness.

Chaotic Dampening has been nerfed again because it was just too good. Boooo bunker mesmers! Not fun! ESPOOOOOORTSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

The buff to Restorative Mantras makes me smile sadly: I played support Tempest and our mantras can’t even begin to compare with what they can offer from that point of view. Mantras are the most clumsy skills in game (excluding Ventari on Revenant) and they want us to support people combining that with the most weird boon sharing in game (everyone gets double boons EXCEPT the mesmer).

Mistrust: buffed by 100%. Still complete garbage.

They even nerfed our CRAZY Resistance uptime: 5s every 90s on shatter, 3s every 180s on timewarp, 3s every 72s on veil, 3s every 32s on null field and feedback. WoW. Basically if we ran 4 glamours and chrono + inspiration we would still be worse than a Revenant with Mallyx. Crazy stuff.

(edited by Menaka.5092)

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I do agree, I was just trying to bring some numbers.

It is worth saying though that the problems you are mentioning are general mesmer problem. Yes, PvE condi mesmer is even more reliant on phantasm and yes, it is slowly building up condi stacks, meaning it is worse, but still a general problem.

I would have answered to you that a epidemic necro would have fixed those problems, but sadly, they nerfed epidemic to only transfer 25 stacks, which of course means only burning is worth the transfer…. One more reason why burning is the only viable condition.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

“Scorched Earth: Enemies are now able to be struck by this skill only once every 0.5 seconds.”
A major part of burnzerker burning has been HALVED. Furthermore, part of that required a chrono buffing them fulling with alacrity. So why compare the old meta to a new build when the old one has been nerfed like crazy. Sword and longbow power dps isn’t that great either.

Let’s also pick a more reasonable number for the tempest DPS: 18k-20k TOTAL DPS with alacrity/quickness.
https://youtu.be/UqKc1_CyFH4?t=7m48s

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJArKnsICNohVoBUrhlcDC9HLZGlBAzE8aA-TBSAQBRUlHrpOQA1DgNlfCc/hLpEEAnAgo9AAIFwiKrA-e
Let’s assume 4 boons for 12% condi duration which means 100% bleed/confusion and 80% for other. With double banner, spotter, might = 3031 condi damage. Yes, less than what you posted. This build also has a 60% crit chance. Average of 44 bleed stacks with rune of berserker, grace of the land and vulnerability: ~14k DPS from just duelist bleeds
Using CI on CD and let’s go with a boss attack every 5 seconds: ~1.8k sustained
I’m going to put the new auto attack in melee range and buff at 3 seconds per auto chain so filler when not using CI is 1.7k DPS for a non-moving target. So 17.5k CONDI DPS with no alacrity or quickness. Do VG and Gorsy move? Yes. Do they attack more than once every 5 seconds? Usually. Did I count projectile finishers for more condi? No. Is this build optimal? No. More vipers/boons could be added and sigils could be changed to geomancy/earth for more bleed stacks. So it could easily go higher than 17.5k condi dmg. I would put 20k as reasonably achieved. As for power damage, we still have 3 duelists with 3k power, 60% crit chance and ~160% crit damage. This will out damage the current state of burnzerker and the condi damage alone does more than an condi ele’s total damage.

Given the ~30% buff to all melee thief auto attacks, I’m not even sure they want to use initiative anymore for the DPS rotation. It might literally be just auto attack. Either way, alacrity doesn’t matter for them. Which means 4 DD+1 chrono needs the chrono to only keep up decent quickness. Drop Chaos for Chrono. Bring SoI, Midnight, well of action, TW and a shield when 3 duelists are up. It won’t be perma but it won’t hurt a thief rotation.

Just realized I forgot to include the 150 condi dmg from compounding power so it would be ~3181.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

When each player in a raid enters combat, their boon prioritization will be locked in based on the composition of the subgroup they are currently in. That prioritization will not change until the player has left combat, even if their subgroup composition changes while they are in combat.

Well… that’s another big middle finger to mesmers

Edit:
Actually it can still work if a lone mesmer is in subgroup #3 and just shares quickness/alacrity with everyone at random. Just cant do the SoI on swap.

(edited by DuckDuckBOOM.4097)

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: YuukiAsuna.3417

YuukiAsuna.3417

That I can live with maybe. Because it also affects Revs, etc. but still hurts.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

That I can live with maybe. Because it also affects Revs, etc. but still hurts.

Made the clan Mesmer Refugees. It’s on Juwol server, crimson legion. I think you can search for it in the clan window, or send me a pm at Pyros Unseen.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

YuukiAsuna.3417

You made the clan? Awesome!
(Main account got banned so on this one till its banned as well)

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Riikuu.8234

Riikuu.8234

“Mesmer balance nerfs "

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Feedback: This skill is now ground targeted and no longer requires a target.

• I’ve been asking for this for quite some time now. Very happy about this. Not as though this utility gets much use anyway though.

Mental Defense: The cooldown on this trait is no longer affected by Signet of the Ether.

• Unnecessary nerf. The very long CD on SoE justified the synergy it had with Mental Defense. This makes me pretty angry.

Ether Clone: This skill no longer generates a clone if the player has the max number of illusions. It instead applies 2 stacks of torment for 5 seconds.

• “OK.” in my Paris Hilton voice. I’d rather have a full health Scepter clone on top of my enemy than 2 stacks of torment simply for the shatter benefits. We’ll see though.

Chaos Armor: This skill no longer blinds enemies. It will instead apply weakness to them for 3 seconds. The applied duration for swiftness and confusion has been increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.

• I like weakness… that being said, the conditions are supposed to deter your enemies from attacking. Confusion/Weakness/Blind makes sense. Cripple does not. This is a condition build nerf as we lose synergy with Ineptitude. Dumb Nerf.

Chaotic Dampening: The duration of protection has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.

• FAIR. I can live with this.

Duelist’s Discipline: The chance to bleed has been increased from 33% to 50%. Bleed duration has been increased from 5 seconds to 6 seconds.

• This is cute. I like this buff.

Restorative Mantras: The healing attribute scaling of this trait has been increased by 400%. The healing from this trait will now be listed in the combat log.

• I like this a lot in theory. Mantras still suck so much that they aren’t worth using…

Furious Interruption: The cooldown of this trait has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.

• And it’s still not worth taking over the other two. This trait will only make sense when it also strips 2 boons.

Evasive Mirror: The duration of this trait has been increased from 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds.

• This is still a subpar trait except in wvw I guess??? I don’t even know. I don’t even care.

Mistrust: The number of confusion stacks this trait applies has been increased from 2 to 4.

• YAY the little person in my head says they listened to me on this one too lol. I know this skill has been discussed a lot. Interrupt traits need to have oomf behind them. 4 stacks is enough oomf to almost be worth it in a condition build that wants more dps over the defensive lines of Chaos/Inspiration.

Malicious Sorcery: The attack speed increase from this trait has been increased from 15% to 20%.

• OK. We’ll see how this works out…

Bountiful Disillusionment: The duration of resistance applied in a radius has been reduced from 5 seconds to 2.5 seconds.

• This nerf makes me angry. Obviously, our resistance duration has been out of control due to BD?

Temporal Enchanter: The duration of resistance granted by this trait has been reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds.

• This nerf makes me even angrier, especially as a glamour fanboy. Resistance was not an out of control boon for us. Nerfing both this and the resistance on BD seems a bit harsh.

Overall, I’m severely unimpressed.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Feedback: This skill is now ground targeted and no longer requires a target.

• I’ve been asking for this for quite some time now. Very happy about this. Not as though this utility gets much use anyway though.

Mental Defense: The cooldown on this trait is no longer affected by Signet of the Ether.

• Unnecessary nerf. The very long CD on SoE justified the synergy it had with Mental Defense. This makes me pretty angry.

Ether Clone: This skill no longer generates a clone if the player has the max number of illusions. It instead applies 2 stacks of torment for 5 seconds.

• “OK.” in my Paris Hilton voice. I’d rather have a full health Scepter clone on top of my enemy than 2 stacks of torment simply for the shatter benefits. We’ll see though.

Chaos Armor: This skill no longer blinds enemies. It will instead apply weakness to them for 3 seconds. The applied duration for swiftness and confusion has been increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.

• I like weakness… that being said, the conditions are supposed to deter your enemies from attacking. Confusion/Weakness/Blind makes sense. Cripple does not. This is a condition build nerf as we lose synergy with Ineptitude. Dumb Nerf.

Chaotic Dampening: The duration of protection has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.

• FAIR. I can live with this.

Duelist’s Discipline: The chance to bleed has been increased from 33% to 50%. Bleed duration has been increased from 5 seconds to 6 seconds.

• This is cute. I like this buff.

Restorative Mantras: The healing attribute scaling of this trait has been increased by 400%. The healing from this trait will now be listed in the combat log.

• I like this a lot in theory. Mantras still suck so much that they aren’t worth using…

Furious Interruption: The cooldown of this trait has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.

• And it’s still not worth taking over the other two. This trait will only make sense when it also strips 2 boons.

Evasive Mirror: The duration of this trait has been increased from 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds.

• This is still a subpar trait except in wvw I guess??? I don’t even know. I don’t even care.

Mistrust: The number of confusion stacks this trait applies has been increased from 2 to 4.

• YAY the little person in my head says they listened to me on this one too lol. I know this skill has been discussed a lot. Interrupt traits need to have oomf behind them. 4 stacks is enough oomf to almost be worth it in a condition build that wants more dps over the defensive lines of Chaos/Inspiration.

Malicious Sorcery: The attack speed increase from this trait has been increased from 15% to 20%.

• OK. We’ll see how this works out…

Bountiful Disillusionment: The duration of resistance applied in a radius has been reduced from 5 seconds to 2.5 seconds.

• This nerf makes me angry. Obviously, our resistance duration has been out of control due to BD?

Temporal Enchanter: The duration of resistance granted by this trait has been reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds.

• This nerf makes me even angrier, especially as a glamour fanboy. Resistance was not an out of control boon for us. Nerfing both this and the resistance on BD seems a bit harsh.

Overall, I’m severely unimpressed.

You know whats absolutely kittening hilarious?

I’m pretty sure resistance gets boon corrupted anyway, so it never kittening had a kittening use in kittening WvW any kittening way. And no one really kittening runs kittening glamours anywhere else. Because kittening null field has a kittening long kittening cooldown. And if you need null field, it’s probably because you’re up against a kittening necro/kittening reaper, who’s just going to kittening boon corrupt you anyway

Also, the scepter buff doesn’t even matter, because the projectile is still a kittened snail on a thousand downers and drowsy. He drank a fifth of vodka, dare him to drive?

Attachments:

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Oh my god tho… x_x I come back to see this and immediately feel a need to go throw up in my mouth.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

YuukiAsuna.3417

Oh my god tho… x_x I come back to see this and immediately feel a need to go throw up in my mouth.

Welcome back Chaos!
Glad you came back to suffer with us all!

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I’ve technically sorta-kinda been back for a little bit, just been lurking mostly though until I get my computer set up properly.

Ty tho!

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

YuukiAsuna.3417

One day, in a galaxy far far away Chaos will never be plagued by computer problems again. One day.

Anyway, it’s unfortunate that after all the suggestions that were made here on the forums to make the class better in terms of balance Anet decides to knock us back to cave men playing with stick.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

RM, Mistrust, Scepter
Mesmer

<3

Errr ma geeerd.

They did it. They actually broke Feedback underwater. It is ground targeted. Meaning you can’t use it for anything besides hunting anemones at the bottom of the ocean. I’m speechless.

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Myrias.8732

Myrias.8732

Well obviously feedback is still ground targeted underwater because we’re supposed to be with the bottom feeders anyways.

Working as intended

Myrias Faust – Mesmer
Victory or Death [VoD] – Yak’s Bend

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

RM, Mistrust, Scepter
Mesmer

<3

Errr ma geeerd.

They did it. They actually broke Feedback underwater. It is ground targeted. Meaning you can’t use it for anything besides hunting anemones at the bottom of the ocean. I’m speechless.

Can’t say I’m surprised though…

Want to take bets on how long they’ll take to notice it?

And Chaos! Join us in BnS xD

Mesmer Balance Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

RM, Mistrust, Scepter
Mesmer

<3

Errr ma geeerd.

Can’t say I’m surprised though…

Want to take bets on how long they’ll take to notice it?

And Chaos! Join us in BnS xD

Considering they still haven’t realised that the revenant skill unyielding anguish underwater is the same as it was in beta I would say a good few months.

Yes, it really does self cripple and teleport enemies around under water.