Mesmer Damage Nerf

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

Illusionary Berserker has not received a direct damage decrease. Instead, is seems that the damage reduction you (and I) are seeing is most likely associated this fix:
“Fixed a bug that caused many piercing, boomerang, and bouncing projectiles (those that hit more than 1 target) to continually increase in damage the more targets they hit.”
We are aware that this particular phantasm is now experiencing a significant drop in damage and are looking at getting it back to a more effective state.
Thanks for keeping the post civil and constructive!
-Karl

Yet the damage of the iMariner has been reduced by roughly half as well. I do hope the change is reversed and the old damage is brought back, especially since we already have so very few hard hitting abilities.

I’m not a glass cannon. I went for a healthy mix of toughness, power and precision. Yet two of my favoured phantasms (iMariner/iBerseker) are now only half as effective as they were before to patch.

To further rub salt into sore wounds, I spent the better part of an hour trying to tag enemies in events in the Lost Shore only to find I wasn’t dishing out enough reliable damage or AoE to get credit for loot. This is all very frustrating, especially when I see warriors rush in and tag everything with a single greatsword swing. >_>

(edited by Garenthal.1480)

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: porter.9483

porter.9483

Illusionary Berserker has not received a direct damage decrease. Instead, is seems that the damage reduction you (and I) are seeing is most likely associated this fix:
“Fixed a bug that caused many piercing, boomerang, and bouncing projectiles (those that hit more than 1 target) to continually increase in damage the more targets they hit.”
We are aware that this particular phantasm is now experiencing a significant drop in damage and are looking at getting it back to a more effective state.
-Karl

You play this game right? The iberserker’s first attack doesn’t hit at all. The problem has nothing to do with

For god sake.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: ZeroRaiNs.7154

ZeroRaiNs.7154

Lol, they really messed up illusions/phantasmals pretty badly in this patch. They don’t even summon 75% of the time and have major range problems even within 200.

Please devs, can you please test the patch before releasing on live? Perhaps a ptr? Something?

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arkus.6594

Arkus.6594

Actually the Blind and unable to summon has always been in before this patch.

the LOS thing is much more annoying in PVE. Even Traited Deceptive Evasion summon clone doesn’t work anymore if you dodge and you weren’t facing your enemy.

I use that ability to help travel thru Orr. Doesn’t work as well anymore.

“NO CLONES FOR YOU!!”

Only viable build is Shatter.

the bug with Vengeful Images VS Phantasmal Healing VS Phantasmal Fury Plus this new nerf with Summoning really makes phantasm build feeble.

Also the “Fixed” Phantasmal Haste that especially reduce ~6sec CD to ~5sec CD

now you just throw them out (if they come out. let them do one attack and shatter them)

I guess that’s how it was envisioned by ANet.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thora.6428

Thora.6428

Fellow mesmers

Since the iBerserker is bugged, I tried to do a shatter build. However, I noticed that my damage output is quite low. Then I went to Lion’s Arch dummies in order to test it myself (FYI, I’m level 60, raised to lvl 80 for the event. I haven’t selected the + 20 % mind wrack damage trait). The results are as follows:

- 1 illusion -> Mind Wreck = 480 DMG (tooltip = 458)
– 2 illusions -> Mind Wreck = 2×386 DMG (tooltip = 2×572)
Note: Here the damage varies from 386 to 420
– 3 illusions -> Mind Wreck = 3×386 DMG (tooltip = 3×747)
Note: Here the damage varies from 386 to 420

Is this intentional/unintentional ? I never noticed it before the patch and suddenly, I have a massive DMG drop with my shatter build.
On top of that, I saw that if you cast a spell and the oponent does Dodge/Evade/Block/Reflect the illusion is not summoned (basically from what I saw you have to hit the oponent in order to summon your illusion, therefore all the skills that prevent you from doing so block the summoning).

ANET These skills now behave as normal attacks that the mesmer must connect in order to summon the phantasm, and they will fail if the mesmer is blind or the ability is cast on an invulnerable target

Does block/dodge/miss/evade still counts ? If it does, why it is not specified in the patch notes?

With the iBerserker gone, Shatter failing this class is almost dead. The only reasonable build is the condition build, however it does not suit my gameplay. I know the event is a priority right now, but I assume there are guys who are working on class balances.

NB: Can somebody else confirm that the issues with Mind Wreck are present?

Chorgom
Aurora Glade
Diversity requires versatile play

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

If you’re 60 scaled to 80, I believe your GEAR is still not scaled. This was what I noticed from the halloween event. If you’re scaling yourself up it doesn’t seem to work so well.

My shatters at 80 still hit just as hard as before the patch. Of course, when they’re really needed, there are so many things attacking my clones I can’t build them up to 3 to shatter.

I run a projectile reflect support/damage hybrid build, and not being able to summon a warden for the feedback bubble against multiple ranged mobs while blinded pretty much guts the point of speccing inspiration.

That is the last vestige of non-mantra support, so I guess I can go guardian or ele.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Maybe just maybe we mesmers were doing too much damage than what was intended?

This was the “anti-burst” patch…..Honestly I dunno but Dancing Dagger got the axe rightfully so, but that’s a -50% reduction vs the theory driven -50% on izerker etc.

We still absolutely pwn. Yes we can’t abuse LOS issues w/ the unintended bu….feature. Still tho I have zero problem taking out people 1v1 or 1v2-3….not a big deal fellas.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

More importantly you want that first hit to cripple the enemy as soon as possible.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vendris.4201

Vendris.4201

Mantra support builds are pretty worthless now too actually. The AoE heal effects were reduced to 5 players like AoE damage. However, your clones count in this equation. I tried to run mantra support in Fractal last night and watched my party members dying as heals applied to my clones and phantasms instead of them.

No one in their right mind will want to take any sort of pet class into a dungeon now.

If you’re 60 scaled to 80, I believe your GEAR is still not scaled. This was what I noticed from the halloween event. If you’re scaling yourself up it doesn’t seem to work so well.

My shatters at 80 still hit just as hard as before the patch. Of course, when they’re really needed, there are so many things attacking my clones I can’t build them up to 3 to shatter.

I run a projectile reflect support/damage hybrid build, and not being able to summon a warden for the feedback bubble against multiple ranged mobs while blinded pretty much guts the point of speccing inspiration.

That is the last vestige of non-mantra support, so I guess I can go guardian or ele.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

Mantra support builds are pretty worthless now too actually. The AoE heal effects were reduced to 5 players like AoE damage. However, your clones count in this equation. I tried to run mantra support in Fractal last night and watched my party members dying as heals applied to my clones and phantasms instead of them.

No one in their right mind will want to take any sort of pet class into a dungeon now.

Now just hope you get into the chaar fractals. With all the aoe going on in there, your illusions will be wiped before they can even spawn so your mantra build will be more effective. Haha…not so funny in fact, trolled by our own illusions.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Okay, yes, I keep posting in this thread and other threads about the recent patch. But increasingly, I’m getting more annoyed and frustrated. On top of this new bug which has cut phantasm damage down significantly, I’ve heard mesmers have also been made a little weaker and I can feel it when I’m being sliced through like butter. And nope, I’m not glass cannon.

How can you renege on what you previously said? I thought mesmers were supposed to be the magical duelist class, but it seems that when the forums complain enough, the devs nerf for the sake of so-called ‘balance’. And now, mesmers being the duelist class no longer seems to be the case.

How can people say portal is game-breaking and it trivializes content? It adds a new mechanic, to WvW for instance, because now people have to be on the look out for portals. It should be made easier to differentiate between friendly and enemy portals though. Portal was something I would use in combat for if I needed a quick escape and now, it’s no longer viable for that use. I think there should have been a cap on the number of people and that the cooldown should have either stayed the same or been reduced slightly. The cooldown for Blink, I feel, is also too long. Considering that mesmers lack mobility, it would make it a lot easier if it was on a lower cooldown. I envy d/d elementalists, simply because Ride The Lightning is on such a low cooldown and provides ease of movement.

The increased cooldown on staff skills was unwarranted imo, but then again, I can’t really feel the difference since I don’t use staff that much nowadays. When some players encounter mesmers in Wuvwuv, they get flustered and then they lose and declare mesmers OP. It wasn’t ever the case that mesmer damage was anywhere near as high or bursty as thieves. I really hope people didn’t fall for threads that claimed how phantasms took them down to 3k health or something silly like that.

Moreover, why haven’t mesmer skills been split into PvE and PvP as has been the case for guardians? That kind of move implies preferential treatment towards another profession. I don’t even know.

And look at the way ‘Moa Morph’ has been handled; I don’t mind that the powers have been changed to make it easier for people who are moa’d but it’s like mesmers are being nerfed to make it less frustrating for their opponents. Wasn’t frustrating and confusing your opponent meant to be the whole idea?

It seems like the devs are using the constant complaining on the forums as a way to determine what needs balancing and where. I don’t agree with that tbh. People will always complain until they get what they want and until it’s made easier for them. If and where thieves, for instance, have bursted me down, I have never come to the forums to vent about it. I just think it’s kinda selfish because if that profession then receives an unwarranted nerf because I QQ’d hard enough, it’s making the game less enjoyable for those who play those professions as their mains.

As a result, a lot of us are feeling screwed over. My build isn’t completely useless now but far less effective than before and I’m really finding it fun anymore. I could care less about the new content because old bugs are being overlooked and with each new patch, things seem to be going downhill.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

(edited by Usagi.4835)

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Vendris.4201

Maybe they could change the Charr fractals to morph us into warriors as well as Charrs.

Now just hope you get into the chaar fractals. With all the aoe going on in there, your illusions will be wiped before they can even spawn so your mantra build will be more effective. Haha…not so funny in fact, trolled by our own illusions.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moderator.9672

Moderator.9672

Hi,

Please keep the discussion constructive and friendly.

Thanks for your understanding.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Vendris.4201

Do you have a build that changes any of the following?

1) Dev acknowledged bug that Illusionary Beserker received a bug in the last patch, and the result of that bug is an unintended reduction in it’s damage.

2) Mesmer clones and phantasms, Necro minions, and Guardian spirit weapons counting as players towards the 5 “person” limit on all AoE healing spells and buffs, keeping mesmers (or any other support class for that matter) from healing and buffing their party in dungeons and spvp

3) Line of sight bugs causing ranged weapon attacks to be “obstructed” when there is clearly no obstruction, keeping the attack from hitting

4) Line of sight bugs causing phantasm and clone summoning skills to fail to cast due to being obstructed, when there is no obstruction.

The fact that it is possible to cobble together a build that can be effective in spite of these bugs does not mean anything.

This was the “anti-burst” patch…..Honestly I dunno but Dancing Dagger got the axe rightfully so, but that’s a -50% reduction vs the theory driven -50% on izerker etc.

We still absolutely pwn. Yes we can’t abuse LOS issues w/ the unintended bu….feature. Still tho I have zero problem taking out people 1v1 or 1v2-3….not a big deal fellas.

Try not to be so dumb. The ibeserker’s first attack during its first blade trail miss and do not hit. If the iberserker stays alive all attacks hit as they should.

“we mesmers” ? Give me a break.

I find it funny you resort to childish posts when someone’s experiences are different than your own.

Maybe if you ask nicely I can hook you up with a build that is great and give ya pointers on how to succeed =)

Gonna have to ask nicely though

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Vendris.4201

I believe the discussions here would be more constructive and friendly, if we could receive better acknowledgement of the issues the patch introduced, along with a timeline of when we can expect fixes, and what form those fixes will take.

Hi,

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

-Karl

You are aware of the damage drop, so what about :

-berserker attack delay problem ( unlike all other fantasm ) if you dont use the "Phantasmal Fury " trait ?

-What about ONLY prevent the berserker fantasme spawn in Wv3 accros a stronghold wall instead of nerfing all fantasm like you did ?

-What about the portal reload increase ? who fix NOTHING in Wv3 ? ( it dont prevent massive players teleport, or dont prevent the portal -wall exploit )
what about doing a smart update instead of a none sense update who are just annoyong as hell in pve ?
(Also before your “smart” update you was able to wait the full reload time before drop your second portal. Now the first portal is deleted and the skill enter in reload 30sec BEFORE the 90sec… totaly pointless )

-What about not beeing able to spawn fantasm if we are blinded – target block – evade… etc ? who pretty break like hell the whole class mechanic ?

faceplam

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

WTF? Double Iberserker nerf? Maybe i can live with LoS fix (still hurts a lot to me as i find damaging on walls essential for wvw), but 60% damage reduce? omfg. Then i can’t even farm Orr anymore. Really Berserker was the only thing that consistantly Tagged mobs. The only loot generater.

Omfgroflstomp. ele made useless. Mesmer made useless (especially pve).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: dommel.8450

dommel.8450

I seems that every time people complain about mesmers they get nerved for that now we can’t attack anyone on a wall and if this isn’t enough they nerved our power.
before the update every class coult kill me in wvw if they are skilled enough. only ppl they don’t know how to kill me gonna complain so that we can’t kill ANYONE ANYMORE

Well out of the 70 active players in my guild we have only 4 lvl 80 mesmers wonder why …… if they don’t give mesmers back what you took probably guildwars2 will end up with no mesmers at all…

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

dommel.8450

WTF? Double Iberserker nerf? Maybe i can live with LoS fix (still hurts a lot to me as i find damaging on walls essential for wvw), but 60% damage reduce? omfg. Then i can’t even farm Orr anymore. Really Berserker was the only thing that consistantly Tagged mobs. The only loot generater.

Omfgroflstomp. ele made useless. Mesmer made useless (especially pve).

guess they want all of us to play guardians

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

Yea if mesmer still own why is it on my thief I now destroy mesmers. And I am running a S/D healing build. Reason being is that I can put blind on mesmer and keep him from using his major abilites.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

dommel.8450

Yea if mesmer still own why is it on my thief I now destroy mesmers. And I am running a S/D healing build. Reason being is that I can put blind on mesmer and keep him from using his major abilites.

If mesmers own why is there only 1 out of 20ppl a mesmer in wvw? stop trying to nerve mesmers more and more

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

dommel.8450

Well enough One less mesmer ingame here gonna play another class… after 662h fun playing on it

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

ZeroRaiNs.7154

First, I’m noting I mainly play PvE.

I don’t understand what the logic was with the recent changes. I’ve leveled a Necromancer to 80 and was incredibly disheartened by the fact that the class was lacking everything in all departments. I leveled a Mesmer to 80 and now it seems it’s going the same way as the Necromancer. I’m just not having fun in Guild Wars 2 with the lackluster changes and disconnect from developers.

Why are Mesmer’s resource generation penalized so hard compared to others? We don’t have nearly the amount of burst as other classes. The illusion/phantasm summoning acting as projectiles is a terrible change that further turns me away from the game. It’s not the nerf itself, but it’s the fact that it caused a black hole of new issues.

There are major issues with range on certain Phantasm utility skills. Phantasmal Haste is still bugged. Our resource generation acting as projectiles is having issues in the PvE now. The iberserker is still bugged and this should’ve been fixed faster as it is a critical ability.

Bottom line, the patch created more issues and concern for the class in general. We were suffering incredibly before the patch and you can now imagine after the patch. I’m just not enjoying the class anymore. This is the third 80 that I’m considering on shelving until the PvE is handled with the Mesmer.

ArenaNet, please set forth more priority towards the classes. Many of my friends I brought over quit due to bugs and class lackluster traits/balance issues. The Tyria world is great, but the classes themselves turn us away from the game.

(edited by ZeroRaiNs.7154)

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

Honestly, I don’t understand why the recent changes were made to both PvP AND PvE. Obviously it’s possible to make changes to PvP only, as they did so with the Thief. I get why these changes would be good for PvP, but for the life of me I don’t see how it was better for PvE players at ALL. PvE is all I play, and it’s not like I was being unfair to the mobs or something!

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I don’t understand what the logic was with the recent changes.

Logic? They have two people working on like how many, ~500 skills? Those guys obviously don’t play WvW themselves, or they wouldn’t have come up with that ingenious 60s to 90s cooldown “solution” for portals in WvW. Also they don’t play mesmers, or they would have instantly noticed what the fix broke. There’s not even methodical testing required, just fooling around a bit. All that’s behind this drama is economization.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: produde.8092

produde.8092

I dont even know why Mesmers are complaining about Mesmer dmg and whatnot. Mesmer dmg is stronger than ever in tournaments. Phantasmspecc was bad in tournaments before the recent changes. The portal change was a hard nerf but probably necessary, you just have to adapt with side spot defense. Though I have to say I would love to see more different Mesmer speccs, condis and scepter needs love.

Adeera

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

ZeroRaiNs.7154

Logic? They have two people working on like how many, ~500 skills? Those guys obviously don’t play WvW themselves, or they wouldn’t have come up with that ingenious 60s to 90s cooldown “solution” for portals in WvW. Also they don’t play mesmers, or they would have instantly noticed what the fix broke. There’s not even methodical testing required, just fooling around a bit. All that’s behind this drama is economization.

I understand and have known that. I’m just expressing concern for future reference when or if they decide to put more priority on the classes.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

ZeroRaiNs.7154

I dont even know why Mesmers are complaining about Mesmer dmg and whatnot. Mesmer dmg is stronger than ever in tournaments. Phantasmspecc was bad in tournaments before the recent changes. The portal change was a hard nerf but probably necessary, you just have to adapt with side spot defense. Though I have to say I would love to see more different Mesmer speccs, condis and scepter needs love.

I’m expressing concern for the PvE aspect as you are talking more in line of PvP. The patch has created a vast number of obstructed issues with illusions. They just flat out fail to cast even within 200. As a major resource, it just negates a lot of potential for the class.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: leprekan.7248

leprekan.7248

Hi,

Constructive and friendly would be much easier to achieve if we were given an idea of WHEN you will be fixing this. Roll back the changes until you figure out how to implement your “fix” without breaking the class beyond being playable.

I played Warhammer where the devs told us the Archmage was broken …. and then left it that way. I will not continue to support this company if you are going to take the same approach. If you break it … fix it.

A Yak since headstart. [herm]

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mere Image.8376

Mere Image.8376

Hi,

Constructive and friendly would be much easier to achieve if we were given an idea of WHEN you will be fixing this. Roll back the changes until you figure out how to implement your “fix” without breaking the class beyond being playable.

I played Warhammer where the devs told us the Archmage was broken …. and then left it that way. I will not continue to support this company if you are going to take the same approach. If you break it … fix it.

Love how you tagged that “Thanks for understanding” portion at the end. LOL

Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Commanders of the Reborn Empire Nation [CORE]
Level 80 Professions: Mesmer, Warrior, Thief

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Moderator can’t just clap his fingers and magically force those who are in charge of class balance to “fix” or “revert” something, it’s not his job at all.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I have no clue why they only have 2 people working on game balance… it’s ridiculousness. At least have one for every class so they can show what’s going on through the POV of their class. Filtering everything through the POV of a signet warrior isn’t going to make for a well balanced game. I highly doubt that they understand the mechanics behind every single class as well as the players of those classes do… which is what led to this disaster of an update. Hire more people to work on this.

I guess it’s just early on in the development of this game and they didn’t fully think through or test this on all classes before implementing it. It would be good for you and us if you made a test server and implemented your patches there for us to test and give feedback to the 2 devs before applying it globally. Also higher more people.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

dommel.8450

Well in any way I not playing on my mesmer again before they put it back

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

First, i will never forgive thoses people to make totaly stupid skill update, even if they are only 2.
Its their JOB, they are PAID to do that.

And i dont think destroy the player fun because of totaly unsmart update are to goal.

Also, if they arent able to correctly do their job ( like actualy ) Anet should hire somes other people ( why not at least 1 / class ). Or hire people with a real brain…

They obiviously dont play AT ALL, to do so bad job…

Its nearly worse than the skill update in GW1 where they was totaly destroying a skill or turn them OP…
I rarely saw (since 2005) smart skill update coming from Anet…. ( only a very very few )
I thought they would have learn nothing with GW1, but obviously they dont..

That’s pretty sad.

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

(edited by E Tan.7385)

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

And once more, the tiny sPvP causes broad problems in the far larger rest of the game. Great!

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

And once more, the tiny sPvP causes broad problems in the far larger rest of the game. Great!

It’s all about e-sports and e-sportsmen. :P
Some of them enjoy summoning their e-phantasms while los in e-henge, while others don’t really feel like using their powerfull e-aoes to e-counter them, so they e-whine and we, not e-sportsmen, are suddenly… fixed.

Some of them are better then star trek fans tho.

(edited by Winds.3087)

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: deapee.7516

deapee.7516

So because of carelessness we are broken…and there is no communication as to when we may be fixed whatsoever. I find this appalling and have lost a lot of faith in anet. I wish I could set up to become emailed when this problem is fixed because I haven’t played in a few days and other games are starting to get more and more fun. gw2 is now something I think of once a day or so…I used to think about it all day long.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Roll back the changes until you figure out how to implement your “fix” without breaking the class beyond being playable.

Yes, roll back the changes. I want my 70k Bladetrail back!

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

It’s all about e-sports and e-sportsmen. :P

Well then I guess we should be adding a new balance mode, Players vs eSporters, let’s call it PvE. All balance shall now be based on PvE.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

glad I have a warrior, because I doubt they are going to fix this anytime soon

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: ClinkyDink.9364

ClinkyDink.9364

I don’t think they realized exactly WHAT would happen if they made illusions require a “hit” to summon. They probably thought it should be that way to bring it in line with every other attack ability.

But now we not only miss an attack, we miss all attacks that that illusion would have done. We miss the shatter that we would have used. We miss the buffs we could have specc’d into to occur on summon. We miss the confusion caused by having a clone of us on the playing field, adding another target for the enemies to go after.

Side note: I really didn’t like the no-need-for-LoS issues with the berserker phantasm. I had seen many enemy mesmers camping the chandelier room in the EBG puzzle and stopping anyone who tried to enter while being completely out of range with that bug. It was really frustrating and I’m glad it’s gone… until I realized how utterly useless I feel when attacking in a WvW siege now. I don’t really play the other classes, but are we the only ones with ONE ability, tied to a 2h weapon & on a long cooldown) that can hit things on walls? I just get rained death upon and run around in circles looking for someone attempting to run into the keep from outside, or stupid enough to come out and attack outside of the gate.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Well the no-LoS is on a basic level ofc fine. I’d change the Berserker, Warden and Defender (being the AE / PBAE Phantasms) to spawn with a ground target marker (but attacking the current target!), and requiring LoS to the GTAE-marker, not to the target.

So in theory in some situations they can be sent around corners, but this’d take the damaging Berserker at least 2 moves (giving players 6+ seconds to kill it in all situations), while for the Defender and Warden it’s still be a non-issue, but both would be easier to utilize.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bashful Heart Bear.1953

Bashful Heart Bear.1953

All of you complaining about the blind need to learn to play it seems. Pay attention and use an auto attack to get rid of the blind and then summon your phantasms.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

All of you complaining about the blind need to learn to play it seems. Pay attention and use an auto attack to get rid of the blind and then summon your phantasms.

First of all, one can get blinded during the cast. Secondly blind is not the main problem, neither is being unable to cast without LOS. Main problem is dodge rolls, aegis and block skills. Someone dodge rolls while you’re casting your phantasm… no phantasm.

And as far as Greatsword phantasm goes… whirlwinds 1, 3,5…. deal half as much damage as whirlwinds 2,4,6… Where’s the logic in that?

(edited by ManCaptain.3154)

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Yes! Ofc!
I shall do that.

I would like to see a Necromancer do that before they use a Well or something like that, because if blinded the Well doesn’t spawn. kitten that’d be fun to see.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nublakhan.6409

Nublakhan.6409

I like Carighan’s idea on the ground target. Let us choose where to place the phantasm, and have it attack our current target. I think even if they treated it like a pet (I play asura, and the golems I summon attack my target), it would be a much happier medium than losing the entire opportunity as it stands. Still make the LOS check, but lose the blind/evade/dodge/aegis end of it [preventing summoning].

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Having the hardest time trying to decide what to play while I wait for them to fix what they broke.

Loved my mesmer, but I can’t stand “Obstructed Obstructed Obstructed”.

Hmmm… maybe warrior. Seems like ANet wants us all to be playing that profession anyway. Might be easier to go with the flow.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shinigami.5932

Shinigami.5932

I believe the discussions here would be more constructive and friendly, if we could receive better acknowledgement of the issues the patch introduced, along with a timeline of when we can expect fixes, and what form those fixes will take.

You got an acknowledgement a page ago. You want a timeline and what form? Seriously? You realize no profession has/will either of those regarding anything, ever?

Aizen San

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: MosesZD.7428

MosesZD.7428

Ok im sorry, have you read the patch notes for the other classes??? Mesmers are still in a very good spot and ANET is not screwing u guys more than any other. Just look at engineers, elem, who got jack kitten this patch.

Elementalists and engineers can still hit people standing at higher elevations – mesmers in an assault on a keep (ie. 90)% of WvW are about as much use as a screen door on a submarine. Basiclly they’ve been reduced to portal bots

Not every class should be good at everything. I don’t understand why people can’t understand this and rant-and-rave about it on the forums.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Ok im sorry, have you read the patch notes for the other classes??? Mesmers are still in a very good spot and ANET is not screwing u guys more than any other. Just look at engineers, elem, who got jack kitten this patch.

Elementalists and engineers can still hit people standing at higher elevations – mesmers in an assault on a keep (ie. 90)% of WvW are about as much use as a screen door on a submarine. Basiclly they’ve been reduced to portal bots

Not every class should be good at everything. I don’t understand why people can’t understand this and rant-and-rave about it on the forums.

This isn’t a case of mesmer’s not being good at something, this is a case of mesmers can’t do something fundamental (Shoot back at people on a wall)

GW2 manifesto specified that there was no fixed class roles; no tank, no healer etc. But what we have here is exactly that – Mesmers are scissors to wall defenders rock. Our role in a siege is to sit about and wait for the other classes to do their job, so I can get inside and do “mine” (by mine i mean, “the job every class can do – attack things on the ground”)

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)