Mesmer Damage Nerf

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Ugh, you’re exactly right. We’re absolutely useless in a siege and Anet says nothing about this issue.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: tqhx.2190

tqhx.2190

Well the no-LoS is on a basic level ofc fine. I’d change the Berserker, Warden and Defender (being the AE / PBAE Phantasms) to spawn with a ground target marker (but attacking the current target!), and requiring LoS to the GTAE-marker, not to the target.

So in theory in some situations they can be sent around corners, but this’d take the damaging Berserker at least 2 moves (giving players 6+ seconds to kill it in all situations), while for the Defender and Warden it’s still be a non-issue, but both would be easier to utilize.

That wouldnt work at all, then your zerker could go any which way, and doesnt have a target. Id prefer to keep these phantasms target cast

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

No they’d still be target-cast. But they spawn where you point the GTAE marker (and from there proceed to act as now, whirling / running / standing towards the enemy).

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: RinKyu.4317

RinKyu.4317

No they’d still be target-cast. But they spawn where you point the GTAE marker (and from there proceed to act as now, whirling / running / standing towards the enemy).

Would require too much effort from ANet coding wise. Really doubt they’d do that considering how fast they’ve been when it’s come to fixing issues in general.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: porter.9483

porter.9483

What kills me about problems specific to the iberserker at the moment is Anet has the expertise to instantly fix the problem.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marius Verius.2530

Marius Verius.2530

What kills me about problems specific to the iberserker at the moment is Anet has the expertise to instantly fix the problem.

That’s the heart of the matter. They know what’s wrong, they have a list of all the legitimate bugs, yet there’s barely any communication with the player base regarding fixes or changes – even after causing some problems with the latest patch.

Before GW2, I had been playing EVE Online and I witnessed a major player outrage happen due to miscommunication or plain lack of communication. Long story short, they made some changes without being clear and came out as greedy, deceptive kittens. The player outrage was such that hundreds of people sat at the major market hub shooting a well-known monument for days in revolt to the direction the company was taking.
The result? They apologized, explained everything they intended to do, and in a short time re-adjusted the game to cater to their players without adding extra bugs or throwing things out of balance. They also replaced the aforementioned monument model with a messed up and shattered one to permanently reflect the event.

Transparency is golden these days. Anet should seriously consider that.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

Illusionary Berserker has not received a direct damage decrease. Instead, is seems that the damage reduction you (and I) are seeing is most likely associated this fix:
“Fixed a bug that caused many piercing, boomerang, and bouncing projectiles (those that hit more than 1 target) to continually increase in damage the more targets they hit.”
We are aware that this particular phantasm is now experiencing a significant drop in damage and are looking at getting it back to a more effective state.
Thanks for keeping the post civil and constructive!
-Karl

Not only the Berzerker Phantasm deals less damage, but also the main great sword atack also pulses for less damage.

On top of that, i had a boss encounter yesterday where seems to me that the berzerker damage was paralel to the great sword damage i was dealing, according to a given distance.

Using other words: if i was closer to the boss, thus dealing less damage with Spatial Surge, by berzerker would also deal less damage. Is this normal?

Also, since when is that particular phantasm a “bouncing projectile”? Is there a skill where i can pick it up and throw it in the air at some1? … Plz fix this.

Im runing low on patience with everything going on with this game….

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

That’s the heart of the matter. They know what’s wrong, they have a list of all the legitimate bugs, yet there’s barely any communication with the player base regarding fixes or changes – even after causing some problems with the latest patch.

Before GW2, I had been playing EVE Online and I witnessed a major player outrage happen due to miscommunication or plain lack of communication. Long story short, they made some changes without being clear and came out as greedy, deceptive kittens. The player outrage was such that hundreds of people sat at the major market hub shooting a well-known monument for days in revolt to the direction the company was taking.
The result? They apologized, explained everything they intended to do, and in a short time re-adjusted the game to cater to their players without adding extra bugs or throwing things out of balance. They also replaced the aforementioned monument model with a messed up and shattered one to permanently reflect the event.

Transparency is golden these days. Anet should seriously consider that.

Well put and a good read about EVE online story. I’m amazed by the last part that I’ve put in bold, and it shows that they respect and care for their players with a sincere apology. Very interesting indeed.

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

tqhx.2190

Illusionary Berserker has not received a direct damage decrease. Instead, is seems that the damage reduction you (and I) are seeing is most likely associated this fix:
“Fixed a bug that caused many piercing, boomerang, and bouncing projectiles (those that hit more than 1 target) to continually increase in damage the more targets they hit.”
We are aware that this particular phantasm is now experiencing a significant drop in damage and are looking at getting it back to a more effective state.
-Karl

Not only the Berzerker Phantasm deals less damage, but also the main great sword atack also pulses for less damage.

On top of that, i had a boss encounter yesterday where seems to me that the berzerker damage was paralel to the great sword damage i was dealing, according to a given distance.

Using other words: if i was closer to the boss, thus dealing less damage with Spatial Surge, by berzerker would also deal less damage. Is this normal?

Also, since when is that particular phantasm a “bouncing projectile”? Is there a skill where i can pick it up and throw it in the air at some1? … Plz fix this.

Spatial surge is unchanged. The only issue is that the berzerker is not hitting with all swings on a single target.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fennick.5029

Fennick.5029

-Karl

Spatial surge is unchanged. The only issue is that the berzerker is not hitting with all swings on a single target.

Spatial surge has definately been adjusted. I wear pwr/tgh/vit gear and i assure you it hits for upwards of 30% less since the patch. I never get might anymore from GS #2 either. People in berzerkers gear probably are not noticing much of a difference though.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

tqhx.2190

-Karl

Spatial surge has definately been adjusted. I wear pwr/tgh/vit gear and i assure you it hits for upwards of 30% less since the patch. I never get might anymore from GS #2 either. People in berzerkers gear probably are not noticing much of a difference though.

I have been DPS testing on the dummies for a long time. I have power tough vit gear and power pre crit gear. I have tried different combos etc to figure out whats viable for me and what isnt. I spent hours on those dummies prior to the patch. After hearing the nerf cries i went and retested everything. Spatial Surge is NO different, and im still getting 3 stacks per bounce from Mirror Blade. Zerker still hits other targets just as hard, but suffers big time when you are fighting single target. None of these abilities have had their damage calculations touched in this patch.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fennick.5029

Fennick.5029

I hear the same thing from mesmers in my guild. Which is why it is confusing. Trust me, I know the numbers, and when spatial surge hits for 100, 218, 600 at max range consistantly something is different. I am happy it is working for you, but please do not troll about “cries” when i bring up it seems to be reduced. I still hold my own with what is doing in pvp.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

tqhx.2190

idk what youre doing but im 400/800/1200 on the dummy at 2177 Power. Are you slotting pieces that have other stats? With a GS the only crits you can get are Mirror Blade initial attack, Mind Stab, and Mind Wrack, so you should be stacking Power on every single slot, regardless of the other item stats on your gear, top should always be Power. Not trying to be mean to assume you dont know, but im trying to help just in case you would like some advice (i know this has nothing to do with nerfs etc)

Good luck, i do hope they buff Spatial Surge and its funny i think about 20-30% would be a good spot. Well, in event they dont change zerker back or buff that. It would be nice to have some ok DPS that isnt coming from a phantasm though

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

I hear the same thing from mesmers in my guild. Which is why it is confusing. Trust me, I know the numbers, and when spatial surge hits for 100, 218, 600 at max range consistantly something is different. I am happy it is working for you, but please do not troll about “cries” when i bring up it seems to be reduced. I still hold my own with what is doing in pvp.

those numbers you quoted doesn’t make any sense ifyou’re attacking dummies, since you can’t crit on them.

it would have to be 100,218,336.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

With a GS the only crits you can get are Mirror Blade initial attack, Mind Stab, and Mind Wrack, so you should be stacking Power on every single slot, regardless of the other item stats on your gear, top should always be Power.

Any GS ability can crit, even GS5. In fact, there is an entire condition build based on bleeds from gs clone’s auto crits.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: wondo.2870

wondo.2870

when are we getting a fix for this????

SAB is LOVE, SAB is LIFE #OccupySAB2014

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: tyhanon.6587

tyhanon.6587

hahah its such a joke when your ONLY option to be half useful for pve/dungeons is to run a shatter build. in wvw you throw your mes to garbage because its by far the worst class in the game now, gg anet! across the years i’ve learned they’re one of the worst when it comes to nerfing/fixing (going by gw1).

to be fair, having 100 profession combos must have made guild wars 1 HELL to balance. i dont blame them for gw1 at all

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Grave.4523

Grave.4523

So there have been sever bug fix patches since this was noticed and yet still the berserker suffers. Is this going to get fixed soon?

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

tqhx.2190

With a GS the only crits you can get are Mirror Blade initial attack, Mind Stab, and Mind Wrack, so you should be stacking Power on every single slot, regardless of the other item stats on your gear, top should always be Power.

Any GS ability can crit, even GS5. In fact, there is an entire condition build based on bleeds from gs clone’s auto crits.

I went and checked by killing 3 dolyaks with nothing but Spatial Surge. Not a single crit. Im at 32% crit as well. Am i doing something wrong because i would love to see Spatial Surge crit? I also have 80% crit damage so if i were to crit it would be pretty darn obvious. Does it only crit on certain mobs or only in PvP or something?

(edited by tqhx.2190)

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Winds.3087

I went and checked by killing 3 dolyaks with nothing but Spatial Surge. Not a single crit. Im at 32% crit as well. Am i doing something wrong because i would love to see Spatial Surge crit? I also have 80% crit damage so if i were to crit it would be pretty darn obvious. Does it only crit on certain mobs or only in PvP or something?

That’s really strange and looks like bug. Even at 32% crit, your abilities should crit at least sometimes on anything unless it’s structure and spatial surge is notoriously crit-friendly due to multiple hits(and each can result in crit).
http://i.imgur.com/p41Bp.jpg
This is my spatial test on some orrian stuff. I’m running mix berserkers-valkyrie with 49% crit chance and that fire blast was from sigil.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

The problem with Spartial surge is that it’s really hard to stay at >900 range. Even when I’m left to my own devices I often wander into < 900. Most ranged enemies will get within 900 range of you and you can’t do anything to stop that. And that’s not because they would be intentionally countering spartial surge. Scepter users need to be at below 900 to use their weapon anyways and even people with 1200 range simply don’t stand at their max range but they move in a bit.
Melee people will rarely be more than 600 units away from you, 90% of the time they will spend withing 300 units (unless they are attacking someone else of course). That makes spartial surge really low damage.

This makes GS autoattack really unattractive for me. Having same damage at all ranges and 10% less damage at max range would vastly improve GS.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

tqhx.2190

That’s really strange and looks like bug. Even at 32% crit, your abilities should crit at least sometimes on anything unless it’s structure and spatial surge is notoriously crit-friendly due to multiple hits(and each can result in crit).
http://i.imgur.com/p41Bp.jpg
This is my spatial test on some orrian stuff. I’m running mix berserkers-valkyrie with 49% crit chance and that fire blast was from sigil.

You would think 1 out of 3 chance in critting at 32%. I dont know how there could be something wrong with my character. Does your combat log state 1536 for that hit or does it say less? I do notice my Spatial Surge never records correctly in the combat log making it very difficult to calculate my output, does your log work the same as mine?

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

I played Warhammer where the devs told us the Archmage was broken …. and then left it that way.

Speaking of Warhammer. I didn’t roll Engineer main in GW2, because it smelled like Warhammer Engineer/Magus all over again. Weak class with crappy mechanics which is not getting fixed ever.
At least Mesmer is like paragon. Fun at release then it’s slowly getting nerfed to hell, because that’s easier to do than to redesign a fundamentally poorly designed class.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

This makes GS autoattack really unattractive for me. Having same damage at all ranges and 10% less damage at max range would vastly improve GS.

For everything but it’s main selling point, WvW Castle wars.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hyde.6189

Hyde.6189

Would require too much effort from ANet coding wise.

Not really.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

-Karl

So an ability that was benefiting from an unintentional bug, which has been fixed, is now going to have its damage adjusted back up? boggle

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

porter.9483

-Karl

So an ability that was benefiting from an unintentional bug, which has been fixed, is now going to have its damage adjusted back up? boggle

Really? The issue is the iberserker missing its first attack everytime. Which has nothing to do with them fixing the casting without los bug.

If you read the thread you would know that.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shanti Kush.4362

Shanti Kush.4362

I am sorry to say that but after the patch released on November 15th, I decided to uninstall the game and finish my adventure in the world of GW2.

Last 3 patches have introduced maximum downgrade of Mesmer skills and finally the last patch has changed mesmer skills from offensive to almost only defensive form. Maybe in PvP Mesmer was OP but why did you ruined mesmer gameplay in PvE? After patch dated on 15th November my gameplay with the best char for PvE (imo ofc) – mesmer – is ruined and I lost my all enthusiasm for GW2 . I am not longer able to play with my main char – please try mesmer on cursed shore – my ranger pet can do more dmg now than any mesmer … anyway for me it’s already end of gameplay. THX a lot !

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Winds.3087

You would think 1 out of 3 chance in critting at 32%. I dont know how there could be something wrong with my character. Does your combat log state 1536 for that hit or does it say less? I do notice my Spatial Surge never records correctly in the combat log making it very difficult to calculate my output, does your log work the same as mine?

It does say less and sometimes more than actual damage. Seriously, combat log is nearly unreliable, we can trust only numbers we see with our own eyes on target.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

wads.5730

It does say less and sometimes more than actual damage. Seriously, combat log is nearly unreliable, we can trust only numbers we see with our own eyes on target.

the numbers you see are totals of 3 spatial surges in the combat log. 637+262+637=1536

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vendris.4201

Vendris.4201

I really don’t understand the burning need of people who have no clue what is being talked about to jump into a conversation and make sarcastic comments based on assumptions that are completely wrong.

Please do yourself a favor – if it seems like people are ridiculously angry over an exploit being fixed, assume that perhaps you don’t understand the full context of the conversation.

-Karl

Really? The issue is the iberserker missing its first attack everytime. Which has nothing to do with them fixing the casting without los bug.

If you read the thread you would know that.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Vendris.4201

Oh, and to clarify – that was obviously not directed at you porter – it was directed at Pyrial.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Pyrial.2917

Oh, and to clarify – that was obviously not directed at you porter – it was directed at Pyrial.

This is for both you and Porter. The rep clearly states it was associated with the bug fix which allowed boomerang abilities to do too much damage. They do not say it is related to the los fix. Perhaps you both need a dose of take your own advice

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Vendris.4201

Now you’re simply trying to change your original argument. You started out by saying that people were upset that an exploit had been fixed.

Do you want to have an actual discussion about the real bugs in the last patch, or do you want to invent straw man arguments so that you can “win”?

This is for both you and Porter. The rep clearly states it was associated with the bug fix which allowed boomerang abilities to do too much damage. They do not say it is related to the los fix. Perhaps you both need a dose of take your own advice

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: leprekan.7248

leprekan.7248

Any chance we can get an update as to when or IF this is going to be addressed?

The Berserkers on the wall in WvW was hardly game breaking … this however is. Please roll back the “fix” until you actually fix it. Or have the decency to treat us like adults and give us an update on what is being done and WHEN it will be done. Busy? No doubt. Too busy for good customer service? I hope not ….

A Yak since headstart. [herm]

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Winds.3087

the numbers you see are totals of 3 spatial surges in the combat log. 637+262+637=1536

It does make sense… but I saw 3 numbers on the screen, and in that case first was ~800, second was ~600 and last was 1536.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

wads.5730

It does make sense… but I saw 3 numbers on the screen, and in that case first was ~800, second was ~600 and last was 1536.

the first 800 was from your flame strike proc

there would also have been 4 numbers on the screen, 1 ~600, 2 ~800, and 1 1537. you missed one

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Pyrial.2917

Now you’re simply trying to change your original argument. You started out by saying that people were upset that an exploit had been fixed.

Do you want to have an actual discussion about the real bugs in the last patch, or do you want to invent straw man arguments so that you can “win”?

By all means, where did I say that? Again, you really need to take your own advice.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

As I’m totally uninvolved: you’re both a bit off. Pyrial is really not talking about the LoD fix. Just go back to the original comment:

So an ability that was benefiting from an unintentional bug, which has been fixed, is now going to have its damage adjusted back up?

The bugfix eventually reduced the main dps source of a gs mesmer to less than 50%, which was unintended as Karl already pointed out. Or there is another bug in place. Anyway, that reduction has a heavy impact on gameplay and we’re simply a bit sensitive as people troll in with no understanding of our class and want to justify that unintended nerf, probably because they can’t compete in PvP (because of their lack of understanding).

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: RinKyu.4317

RinKyu.4317

Would require too much effort from ANet coding wise.

Not really.

I like how you didn’t bother quoting the other sentence at all.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Pyrial.2917

As I’m totally uninvolved: you’re both a bit off. Pyrial is really not talking about the LoD fix. Just go back to the original comment:

So an ability that was benefiting from an unintentional bug, which has been fixed, is now going to have its damage adjusted back up?

The bugfix eventually reduced the main dps source of a gs mesmer to less than 50%, which was unintended as Karl already pointed out. Or there is another bug in place. Anyway, that reduction has a heavy impact on gameplay and we’re simply a bit sensitive as people troll in with no understanding of our class and want to justify that unintended nerf, probably because they can’t compete in PvP (because of their lack of understanding).

This is where the dispute comes in. If the bug fix reduced the damage output, than that means the ability was unintentionally benefiting from the bug. If there was another bug introduced as a result of the bug fix, that is something completely different.

Just to clarify, I also play a mesmer (GS-shatter) in pvp. I’ve played every profession in spvp through r36 pretty equally. I try to be as unbiased as I can when discussing mechanics, being that I play and enjoy all professions.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

This is where the dispute comes in. If the bug fix reduced the damage output, than that means the ability was unintentionally benefiting from the bug. If there was another bug introduced as a result of the bug fix, that is something completely different.

Just to clarify, I also play a mesmer (GS-shatter) in pvp. I’ve played every profession in spvp through r36 pretty equally. I try to be as unbiased as I can when discussing mechanics, being that I play and enjoy all professions.

I think what you will find has happened is that since they didn’t know about this bug at first when they made the Phantasmal Berserker they were basing its damage on the fact they thought it wasn’t bugged especially as Berserker is the only skill that can benefit from this bug by only hitting one target. So they saw the damage it was doing and thought, yeah that seems fine. But then when they fixed the bug, berserker damage went down and now is less then what they though berserker should do.

Because really if you look at it on some swings of the berserker I am getting about half of the damage then from my auto attacks and as the class with some of the weakest auto attacks in the game (probably only Ranger is less) that just isn’t right for our main aoe.

At least that is if it is the multi hit bug fix that caused, it still feels to me that the berserker is just missing some attacks. Which must have been an unintentional bug from the los breaking.

Either way they said it is doing too little damage and I hope it gets fixed sooner rather then later as it has killed my favorite weapon in the game.

(edited by Levetty.1279)

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

But if the damage was balanced over time with the bug in place, of course it would need to be readjusted once the bug is removed.

If the ability was crazy overpowered due to the bug, then they fix it and they’re done.

If the ability is in a balanced state with other abilities even though it is benefiting from a bug, then fixing the bug means it has to be rebalanced.

That doesn’t seem too complicated. It looks like you’re getting hung up on semantics.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Pyrial.2917

But if the damage was balanced over time with the bug in place, of course it would need to be readjusted once the bug is removed.

If the ability was crazy overpowered due to the bug, then they fix it and they’re done.

If the ability is in a balanced state with other abilities even though it is benefiting from a bug, then fixing the bug means it has to be rebalanced.

That doesn’t seem too complicated. It looks like you’re getting hung up on semantics.

The only two points of comparison we have is pre-bug fix damage and post bug fix damage. No one has said so far that it was undertuned after the bug fix or whether it was over tuned resulting from the bug. So far, the only statement has been that it was because of a bug fix. In this case an unintentional benefit was fixed, very similar to EA for elementalists. They did say they were trying to get it back to a more effective state, that doesn’t mean pre-bug fix damage.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

porter.9483

So many people including people who allegedly play mesmers who dont know what the issue is.

The berserker has not recieved a damage reduction.

The problem is the berserker is missing attacks on its first pass. Which is being percieved by people who don’t play the class or allegedly play the class as a damage reduction. If allowed to live for 20,30,40 seconds every pass after the first one hits for full damage. IE: first pass = 3k , 2nd 3rd 4th etc pass = 5k damage.

This is a bug that has been introduced with the latest patch which is completely independent of them fixing the LOS bug(being able to cast the beserker without line of sight on the target).

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

So many people including people who allegedly play mesmers who dont know what the issue is.

The problem is the berserker is missing attacks on its first pass. Which is being percieved by people who don’t play the class or allegedly play the class as a damage reduction. If allowed to live for 20,30,40 seconds every pass after the first one hits for full damage. IE: first pass = 3k , 2nd 3rd 4th etc pass = 5k damage.

This is a bug that has been introduced with the latest patch which is completely independent of them fixing the LOS bug(being able to cast the beserker without line of sight on the target).

So what YOU are saying is that a missing is not a damage reduction? I beg to differ on that point. That’s essentially saying that because they wanted people to be able to evade the initial attack from the berserker they have allowed the berserker to miss it’s first attack or have a highly reduced damage thus making this skill an 8 second cast before it is possible for it to land any damage and is at risk of being destroyed before any damage lands. – Brilliant deduction.

I’ll re-post what was posted in the other thread:
Illusionary Berserker has not received a direct damage decrease. Instead, it seems that the damage reduction you (and I) are seeing is most likely associated this fix:
-Karl

He’s basically saying that iZerker was a boomerang on a timer with aoe damage along its path. Also, by “more effective state” he’s saying they are not going to commit to anything but that it will be changed again.

Being the only good non-shatter aoe source of damage for a mesmer this has really hurt several build dynamics, as mesmer no longer has a heavy hitting aoe attack outside of their shatters, even with a full power spec.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rafe Mathews.2308

Rafe Mathews.2308

So what YOU are saying is that a missing is not a damage reduction? I beg to differ on that point. That’s essentially saying that because they wanted people to be able to evade the initial attack from the berserker they have allowed the berserker to miss it’s first attack or have a highly reduced damage thus making this skill an 8 second cast before it is possible for it to land any damage and is at risk of being destroyed before any damage lands. – Brilliant deduction.

I’ll re-post what was posted in the other thread:
Illusionary Berserker has not received a direct damage decrease. Instead, it seems that the damage reduction you (and I) are seeing is most likely associated this fix:
-Karl

He’s basically saying that iZerker was a boomerang on a timer with aoe damage along its path. Also, by “more effective state” he’s saying they are not going to commit to anything but that it will be changed again.

Being the only good non-shatter aoe source of damage for a mesmer this has really hurt several build dynamics, as mesmer no longer has a heavy hitting aoe attack outside of their shatters, even with a full power spec.

iWarden says, “Hello.”

I was not previously a fan of sword/focus but seeing as how ibezerker got a ‘whoops-nerf’ it has given me reason enough to try different weapon combos. I was enjoying sword/sword but felt extremely lacking in the aoe department and decided to nab a focus for a lil bit of runspeed in my life, low and behold the iWarden does quite decent aoe damage so long as you keep the mobs close to him and him alive long enough to dish it out. Sword/focus is a fun-enough alternative (for now) but I do hope that Anet is making the iBezerker fix a top priority.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Usually they are really good about fixing things that patches break. Not sure why iberzerker fix is taking so long.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

It shouldn’t take that long, should it?

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cromx.3941

Cromx.3941

its because ANET has a desire to implement a iberzerker nerf…and so they are just stretching it out for a bit hoping you forget, then maybe restore 70% of what it was with a “bug fix”….and then you will thank them for the 30% damage nerf.

Great strategy really. Its obvious by now they could have gotten the damage consistent with how it was pre patch…if they wanted to..they just dont want to.

My two cents.