Mesmer Damage Nerf

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

I’m just glad I stuck with Staff/Sword + Pistol and never really bothered with GS. With all the QQ regarding the izerker, you guys didn’t see a nerf coming?

this thread has been about the bug that was introduced with the LOS nerf.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

I’m just glad I stuck with Staff/Sword + Pistol and never really bothered with GS. With all the QQ regarding the izerker, you guys didn’t see a nerf coming?

this thread has been about the bug that was introduced with the LOS nerf.

Yeah, I got that…but there’s been quite a bit of off the rail discussion regarding the nerf. I’m certainly not defending our nerfs, but it definitely didn’t surprise me that it happened.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Almost two full weeks since anet caused this problem. We have had no fix and zero communication. At this point its getting to be a character issue.

Be careful what you wish for; historically we get nerfed every patch. Any fix to iZerker will come at a price elsewhere

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: celsodantas.5970

celsodantas.5970

The 1-2 standby seconds the Zerker now takes to attack is also killing the skill.
Fighting a champion or a AoE player can easily make the skill useless as it will kill the phantasm before it attacks.

As we get nerfed every patch, I’m getting demotivaded every patch.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wittle.5473

Wittle.5473

The 1-2 standby seconds the Zerker now takes to attack is also killing the skill.
Fighting a champion or a AoE player can easily make the skill useless as it will kill the phantasm before it attacks.

That is counteracted by selecting the trait “Phantasms Have Fury”

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vendris.4201

Vendris.4201

Yes. “Phantasms Have Fury” allows the beserker to attack and miss immediately, instead of waiting for 1-2 seconds to attack and miss.

quote=882236;Wittle.5473:]

That is counteracted by selecting the trait “Phantasms Have Fury”[/quote]

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: KevEveryDay.8163

KevEveryDay.8163

I’m glad I farmed Sunrise…

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

iZerker is the reason to run a glass cannon build, now there’s none.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

celsodantas.5970

Well, as they nerfed the berserker attack rate I think the Fury trait is just bugged.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

This is so wrong it’s not even funny.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: tqhx.2190

tqhx.2190

30/30/0/0/10 with sword/pistol or 20/20/0/0/30 with GS are both pretty amazing glass cannon specs that dont rely heavily on izerker for DPS. I run the second.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wittle.5473

Wittle.5473

I still run full berserker gear for wvw. Just run Staff/Sword Pistol. 20/20/0/0/30. Mind Wracks doing great burst, phantasms hitting hard plus the survivability of the staff. While i can’t wait for the berserker to be fixed so it does it’s proper damage again, I’m not sure that I’ll be letting go of the staff to pick it back up.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Running GS 20/20/0/0/30 most of the time. If i feel like soloing stuff a lot, I play GS 20/30/0/0/20 like described in my Lazy guide on this forum.

GS is still a nice weapon, but I really wish they would fix the iZerker sooner than later.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

WOOT been looking for an excuse to go staff!

But

Almost two full weeks since anet caused this problem. We have had no fix and zero communication. At this point its getting to be a character issue.

Be careful what you wish for; historically we get nerfed every patch. Any fix to iZerker will come at a price elsewhere

When they said mesmer was the roughest around the edges I was kind of hoping it’d be fixed before Christmas, I frankly have no problems with phants acting like normal skills (though I think clones should be able to summon out of LoS) but most of the patches that come out never seem to effect us in this way in the notes but always find some uninentional nerf (like the recent changes to staff putting us off points)

Well I’m at the point where it seems good to take a pvp break. Someone call me when GW2 is an E-sport with spectator mode, and a-net is patching for balance not spending 2 weeks fixing weapon skill bugs.

This is not an insult to A-net in anyway but since release I expected bugs but this feels more like an extended beta, and IT IS fun but I’m ready for the real game.

All I want for “Winters day” is a mesmer clone/phant working as intended BEFORE evaluating numbers for the sake of balance.

On a far off side note since the topic is “Dmg nerf” if clones don’t summon for what ever reason… That hurts our shatter before we even shatter, for the sake of balance do you people believe that is truly balanced? I mean yeah “adapt” and you can adapt but is it really fair that we have to? Thoughts?

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kalok.4273

Kalok.4273

I would like to add something, may be a little late, but I can confirm my Spatial Surge on my Mesmer does not register the crits in game properly.

Varous Sigils which proc on crit do not proc at all, ZERO.

I beleive this is what is being seen by the No Crits

(edited by Kalok.4273)

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: tqhx.2190

tqhx.2190

This thread is about the GS Izerker damage nerf, not about mesmer being UP. That mesmer is not even using a GS. So? Irrelevant

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Genophix.3098

Genophix.3098

As a Mesmer is my main I’m a bit gutted about this as I do use a GS build, what I am surprised about is the lack of AN input on this thread. It’s clear we’re all in the same boat, the change is way too much regardless of what happened to other classes.

A few months ago I’d would have expected AN to chime in and let us know if this was an oversight or it really was intended to reduce the damage of a class so much.

I think one small post by someone in the know would get a lot of respect from your fans AN.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

As a Mesmer is my main I’m a bit gutted about this as I do use a GS build, what I am surprised about is the lack of AN input on this thread. It’s clear we’re all in the same boat, the change is way too much regardless of what happened to other classes.

A few months ago I’d would have expected AN to chime in and let us know if this was an oversight or it really was intended to reduce the damage of a class so much.

I think one small post by someone in the know would get a lot of respect from your fans AN.

I understand you are upset but you are exaggerating this a tad bit.

1. the patch that did this to us was 2 weeks ago (not months).
2. They responded back to us fairly quickly that this was a bug and not intended.

This is from Karl:

Illusionary Berserker has not received a direct damage decrease. Instead, is seems that the damage reduction you (and I) are seeing is most likely associated this fix:
“Fixed a bug that caused many piercing, boomerang, and bouncing projectiles (those that hit more than 1 target) to continually increase in damage the more targets they hit.”
We are aware that this particular phantasm is now experiencing a significant drop in damage and are looking at getting it back to a more effective state.
Thanks for keeping the post civil and constructive!
-Karl

My assumption is that they will have this fixed in their next build since they have agreed that it was not intended.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Genophix.3098

Genophix.3098

Thanks for the reply, I hadn’t seen that. Don’t get me wrong, I think AN are one of the best MMO creators I’ve ever seen and seem to know what they are doing.

Cheers

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kevlar Eater.1985

Kevlar Eater.1985

I understand you are upset but you are exaggerating this a tad bit.

1. the patch that did this to us was 2 weeks ago (not months).
2. They responded back to us fairly quickly that this was a bug and not intended.

This is from Karl:

Illusionary Berserker has not received a direct damage decrease. Instead, is seems that the damage reduction you (and I) are seeing is most likely associated this fix:
“Fixed a bug that caused many piercing, boomerang, and bouncing projectiles (those that hit more than 1 target) to continually increase in damage the more targets they hit.”
We are aware that this particular phantasm is now experiencing a significant drop in damage and are looking at getting it back to a more effective state.
Thanks for keeping the post civil and constructive!
-Karl

My assumption is that they will have this fixed in their next build since they have agreed that it was not intended.

Let’s see:

Stealth nerf introduced → people find it and complain → dev eventually acknowledges it and calls it “unintentional” → people complain some more until patch where iBerserker might receive 30-60% of its original damage back → faith restored until next major skill nerf → rinse and repeat.

I’m as sure as death and taxes that iBerserker will not get its original damage back, and that we will receive nerfs that will further weaken the core mechanic of this class to pointlessness.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

celsodantas.5970

I’m as sure as death and taxes that iBerserker will not get its original damage back, and that we will receive nerfs that will further weaken the core mechanic of this class to pointlessness.

And ppl will stop playing mesmer (or the game) as they are already doing it.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

And ppl will stop playing mesmer (or the game) as they are already doing it.

Tiny fractions of them.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Through the history of the Guild Wars franchise, there have been myriad Builds of the Moment. (55 Monk, anyone?) They are usually minor exploits that use an unbalanced combination of skills, and then they get balanced so people try other builds. Nerfs happen, and so do bugs. If they respond nicely to your complaining and give you your build back, (note: this is rare), then hooray for you: you don’t have to adapt or learn anything new, or be balanced with the rest of the players.

No other builds besides this one? Rather, try ANY. Conditions, shattering – these are still popular, but also not your only options. The mesmer does well at balancing boon application with conditions, and the whole point of clones and teleports is to keep your opponents on their toes. Mantras let you respond quickly to attacks, conditions, and control effects. Mix things up. It’s only useless if you’re not using it right.

Have fun playing around with unique builds. Develop a broader skill base as a player. Find the NEXT BotM if you want to. Or quit; the rest of us won’t miss your bully-when-up/whiner-when-down mentality.

I should be writing.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Gulesave.5073

That being said, this is currently the biggest thread on the Mesmer front page. Any sort of dev acknowledgement of what’s going on would be appreciated.

VERY IMPORTANT: If you believe this to be a bug, file a bug report!

I should be writing.

(edited by Gulesave.5073)

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

That being said, this is currently the biggest thread on the Mesmer front page. Any sort of dev acknowledgement of what’s going on would be appreciated.

Look up a few posts on this page to Drunken Mad King’s post and you’ll see a quote about what’s going on…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: zexion.5842

zexion.5842

WoW it’s still not fixed? You think it would be an asap hotfix before they took their 2 week thanksgiving vacation.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Gulesave.5073

Look up a few posts on this page to Drunken Mad King’s post and you’ll see a quote about what’s going on…

Thanks, I didn’t see that.

Anyway, it sounds like the high damage we saw before was the bug, and the current value is closer to their intentions, so I’m curious why he would say that they are going to bring the damage back up, (and how much?).

I should be writing.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hellforge.3418

Hellforge.3418

Frankly the Mesmer should be able to hit archers on keeps or anything within range of their abilities that are standing around with half their torso’s exposed up on a wall.
Damage reduction to iberserker aside… this is the biggest crippling factor to Mesmers in wvw.
What use is it to have abilities with range that cannot hit most ranged targets in wvw ?

This works in reverse as well you need to stand with your character practically dangling off a wall to hit any ground targets.

I have taken part in THOUSANDS of realm versus realm keep seiges In Warhammer online, part of the fun is sniping people above and below trying to kill without being killed .
…this mechanic is bad for wvw.

Mesmer Damage Nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Thanks, I didn’t see that.

Anyway, it sounds like the high damage we saw before was the bug, and the current value is closer to their intentions, so I’m curious why he would say that they are going to bring the damage back up, (and how much?).

actually the high damage before was on par with other damage oriented phantasms, duelist, swordsman, and warlock. this was common knowledge if you play mesmer.