[Mesmer] List of bugged abilities and traits.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nozdrum.2894

Nozdrum.2894

Did not read all ten pages so I hope this was not posted before.
If you cast timewarp under the effect of quicken the timewarp-bubble will stay there only for 5 seconds instead of 10.

(edited by Nozdrum.2894)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

Trident: “Illusions of Drowning” seems to have unlimited range and does not follow the range indicator.

SOR – [Boss]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pollux.3247

Pollux.3247

Deceptive Evasion’s clones attack the nearest enemy instead of the targeted one.

in Mesmer

Posted by: RinKyu.4317

RinKyu.4317

Trident: “Illusions of Drowning” seems to have unlimited range and does not follow the range indicator.

Also makes the target reflect all projectiles except your own.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryk.9174

Ryk.9174

The trait “Duelist’s Discipline” will make iDuelist’s deal less damage.
It is a bug that have been confirmed by many people.
Just test it and you will find out.
Plz Anet fix it.

I can confirm this, I summoned the duelists on LA dummies with the trait on/off and theres’ a consistent difference in damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Staff range is not 1200, cause I am exactly within the range, indicator shows in range, but I get out of range message, also mirror images will not spawn aswell, same range when staff say out of range.

Also happens with decoy. (1200 range)
Illusionary leap will not summon a clone that rush towards your foe, at exact range (600 range)
counter blade will not daze target at 900 range, in range according to all skills

Attachments:

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

(edited by UnknownFreak.2805)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

Shatters: the illusions don’t run up to mobs when I use the F3 and F4 shatters. They just stand in place shatter wherever they happen to be.

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Shatter #3 they do run to foe, shatter #4 does not, cause it give disortaion, but if you have trait Illusionary Retribution, all shatter can make confusion, and you make #4 close to foe, he will get one stack of confusion <- requires Illusionary Persona – shatter effect applies to you aswell, also work with a clone close to opponent and then hit #4

Edit, checked that shatter #4 does not make confusion when shattering close to foe

Also sword skill #4 (offhand), Illusionary Ripsote, the block last for 2 second, but the block icon coming up when using skill, shows 4 sec, but disappear when it’s 2 sec, so nothing wrong with skill, just with the icon tooltip.

Attachments:

How to crashreport…

(edited by UnknownFreak.2805)

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I doubt they’ll every sit down and give a good solid look at fixing our bugged skills. Not changing them, not buffing or nefing them, just fixing them to work as they are intended.

They’ll probably pull a sword 2 and just edit the tool tips for most.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Also posting that f4 is not working with illusionary retribution.. no confusion is added to the target with this skill even though it is stated that all shatter skills will inflict confusion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ereiz.2174

Ereiz.2174

Nothing really bothers me as much as Illusionary Leap, which is completely broken. 50/50 chance on skill working which you depend on is not acceptable. Getting stuck on uphill/downhill/behind you/invisible little green men/any tiny obstacle on ground/running only halfway to the opponent. Range is very limited but still even at close range the skill just does not cooperate.

Basically you have to make sure always have your fights on flat surface.

(edited by Ereiz.2174)

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Yet if you look in the PvP thread people are complaining about the swap breaking stun yet here we are saying the iLeap is broken beyond belief.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Volatility.6729

Volatility.6729

iLeap is indeed broken beyond belief.

Ostrich Burger
The Patryns [TP]

in Mesmer

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

Duelists Discipline:
Increases pistol attack range for you and your illusions. Reduces the recharge of pitol skills by 20%.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Duelists Discipline:
Increases pistol attack range for you and your illusions. Reduces the recharge of pitol skills by 20%.

But it decreases the damage and makes it a 100% combo finisher. Very annoying. Makes it OP yet worthless in the same trait.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cauldron.1653

Cauldron.1653

Just to clarify, Signet of Illusions is still not applying increased health when clones are summoned but sometime later instead, depending on time left until refresh?

Also, good to know about Illusionary Leap. I always thought you basically had to be within melee range of the mob for it to work. Now I know why it’s so jumpy.

“Your subterfuge of incognizance will erode under my fulgent dupery”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

Surprised to not see anything in here regarding Mesmer Glamours.

All Glamour skills last half their stated time. This has been an issue for several months and can EASILY be corrected.

Blink has a bounce back that frequently returns you to your starting location and burns the cool down.

Arcane Thievery does not remove conditions or steal boons happens frequently. Skill works sometimes but is very unreliable. Maybe some explanation of it’s limitations are in order or it really is broken.

(edited by Wise.8025)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystic Angelique.4021

Mystic Angelique.4021

Duel wielding illusions only have one sword.

in Mesmer

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Prismatic Understanding does not seem to increase the cloaking duration of The Prestige.

Far-Reaching Manipulations does not seem to increase the range of Echo. It claims it increases it from 1200 to 1500, but the actual range is based on the projectile you captured and if you don’t know what that was… you don’t know what the range is.

Signet of Illusions icon sometimes appears on summoned allies such as the Rock Dog from Runes of the Ogre.

Phantasmal Haste should be clarified in its description about what is being sped up whether it is Phantasm skills or the skills of Phantasms.

in Mesmer

Posted by: William Altman.8601

William Altman.8601

The Duelist Trait “Deceptive Evasion” often fails to work. In particular, it fails when transformed (e.g. AC path 3 when you take on a ghost form), and when there is a lot going on on screen. The latter is not simply an issue of the clone not rendering, the pink circle counting illusions does not fill in to signify that you have generated a clone. This issue came up throughout the karka event and continues to plague me when running in large events such as Grenth. I realize that the clones do not generate when not in “combat mode”; that is not the cause here.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Is the Duelist’s Discipline trait still bugged i.e. reduces Phantasmal Duelist’s damage when it’s traited in? I thought I’d read somewhere that the recent patch fixed that…

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Mesmer

Posted by: Snoxx.7943

Snoxx.7943

Prismatic Understanding does not seem to increase the cloaking duration of The Prestige.

This is intended. Not a bug. There was a developer posting about this.

In most situations it would be a disadvantage to have the cloaking duration of The Prestige increased.

(actually, I think The Prestige should be a double-activation skill, where you could press the key a second time to trigger the unstealth effect at will)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Mesmers have so many bugs.. Fix them please :’( :/

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

iLeap fails have yet to be addressed, and i’m still finding issues with that LOS change they made on Phantasms. You need almost perfect LOS to cast them. If there’s a slope of any kind it just fails. It’s sad that despite the many, many issues this profession has – ANet continues the nerfing process without any good reason (or maybe it’s just the onslaught of eles and thieves everywhere whining about how we’re so OP).

in Mesmer

Alchemist.3692

(actually, I think The Prestige should be a double-activation skill, where you could press the key a second time to trigger the unstealth effect at will)

I agree totally. It’s ridiculous that we can’t control when we come in and out of stealth – meanwhile other professions have complete control over their phases – such as thieves stealth, ele mist form, etc

in Mesmer

Posted by: Samurai.4831

Samurai.4831

Phantasmal Haste doesn’t reduce the recharge of phantasms cool down. Illusionists Celerity does work, so please fix Phantasmal Haste or give us a different trait that would help.

Devona’s Rest – Grand Era of Elite Knights [GEEK]
-Shugosenshi – lvl 80 – Norn Guardian
-Gensho Senshi – Sylvari Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wolfheart.7483

Wolfheart.7483

Phantasmal Haste doesn’t reduce the recharge of phantasms cool down. Illusionists Celerity does work, so please fix Phantasmal Haste or give us a different trait that would help.

Phantasmal Haste reduces the recharge of a Phantasm’s attack so they will attack more often. It doesn’t reduce the recharge of your Phantasm summoning skills. The description of the trait in-game is poorly worded and doesn’t explain this clearly.

in Mesmer

Alchemist.3692

Anyone else have difficulty hitting ppl on towers/keeps with the GS and phantasms? The staff is ridiculous and i’ve never actually landed a hit. Most attacks come up as obstructed, so I’m virtually useless during a tower siege. Every now and then I can get of an iBerserker if I’m really careful but the amount of required LOS to land our hits now is pretty bad. I don’t see any other profession having this much trouble hitting people on towers. Esp not the people who use bows and rifles at least. I don’t think any necros have had any problems either with this, so it seems like a mesmer specific issue

in Mesmer

Posted by: LilAdrian.5936

LilAdrian.5936

signant of illusions + the major trait persisting images does not stack

in Mesmer

Posted by: Catiine.3149

Catiine.3149

Not sure if someone already brought this bug up or not. But when you are knocked down and use the staff skill “phase retreat” your character does the retreat and then freezes in place and does not react or move for a few secs which is really annoying because I’ve gotten killed a few times in AC and other places because of this bug.

in Mesmer

Posted by: sorenrye.7238

sorenrye.7238

Some bugs I have encountered, that are still not fixed after the update of the 28th of January 2013 was applied.
—-
Suppose the Mesmer has these 2 traits:

Trait: Illusionary Persona: Shattering illusions creates the shatter effect on you as well.

Trait: Confusing Cry: Cry of Frustration grants retaliation for 5 seconds for each illusion shattered.

If you activate ‘Cry of Frustration’ without having any clones up, you don’t get any retaliation. But aren’t you supposed to get retaliation when you create the shatter effect on yourself ?

There are also some other traits that grant ‘extra effects on shatter’ that don’t work with Illusionary Persona.
—-
The duration of time warp sometimes lasts only 5 seconds. Possibly due to overlapping timewarps AND bad programming.
—-
If I am using my Mesmer with Greatsword and try to hit someone on a castle wall, I can’t hit them (obstructed from ANY postion within range). But if I use my Engineer with rifle I can hit them from some positions. Howcome?
—-
Often the sword skill Illusionary Leap doesn’t create a clone, even though you are within range.
—-
The staff skill Phase Retreat can STILL teleport you into objects and get your character stuck.
—-
EDIT:
Anet: Will you PLEASE fix the existing bugs before you add new content?

The most important are:

Skill and trait descriptions (pls change skill descriptions to UNAMBIGUOUSLY describe how the skill works).

Skill and trait effects (please make skills work as described/expected).

Stuck events (please remove the events until they are fixed OR give free access to what they lead to (fx a vista in Diessa Plateau) (fx event chain in Bloodtide Coast at Skull Island that keeps repeating the first event – it doesn’t progress to the 2nd even in the event chain))?

(edited by sorenrye.7238)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Is Ether Clone still not applying confusion? -.-

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Not sure if someone already brought this bug up or not. But when you are knocked down and use the staff skill “phase retreat” your character does the retreat and then freezes in place and does not react or move for a few secs which is really annoying because I’ve gotten killed a few times in AC and other places because of this bug.

is it a stunbreaker ?

Is Ether Clone still not applying confusion? -.-

not since the release version. As intended I suppose.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

fix the distortion bug too where it does nothing sometimes >:
anet have the time to make all these stupid fractals and dragons but not to nerf thieves or fix mesmers’ bugs… zomg

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

is it a stunbreaker ?

It’s a leap finisher, and I think they are like stun breaker, but it also moves you to another point

also illusionary leap, when you can make the swap, it’s a leap finisher and it also breaks stun, but it doesn’t say it in the tool tip. Think this might be the case for phase retreat as well

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

is it a stunbreaker ?

It’s a leap finisher, and I think they are like stun breaker, but it also moves you to another point

also illusionary leap, when you can make the swap, it’s a leap finisher and it also breaks stun, but it doesn’t say it in the tool tip. Think this might be the case for phase retreat as well

it was a rhetorical question.
There are instant skills (no casting time) and there are stun breakers. Stunbreakers are always instant skills, so you can use them … while being stunned. But the fewest instant skills are stun breaker.

The skill [Swap] (Sword #3 – chain 2) is an instant skill and breaks stun, yes. As you can see in wiki, someone said that it breaks stun even if it’s not flagged as stun breaker. So this skill is rather the bugged one, not all leap finisher.

That [Phase Retreat] (Staff #2) works while stunned is nice, but it’s not a stun breaker. Like chaos armor, mantras, feedback, portal and so on.

in Mesmer

Posted by: sorenrye.7238

sorenrye.7238

Rune of the centaur:

Bug:
When using the ‘mantra of recovery’ (as a mesmer) the ‘swiftness’ the mesmer should gain from the ‘Superior rune of the centaur’ is not always applied.

Context:
The cooldown for the rune is stated as being 10 secs. The swiftness duration for the character I am testing it on is 14 seconds (+40% swiftness). The character I am testing it on waits 14 seconds before he activates the healing skill again (skill 6).

The first time the mesmer activates the mantra (charges it), swiftness is applied (which is inconsistent with other ‘on activate healing’ traits). When the mesmer activates the derived effect of the mantra ‘Power Return’ the swiftness is sometimes applied, and sometimes it isn’t.

Creating clones with ‘Mirror Image’ or ‘Decoy’.

Bug:
When you create the clone(s) you are sometimes moved a little bit from your current position. Sometimes it moves you inside a wall/rock/floor.

The scepter skill 1, does not apply confusion every 3rd attack, as stated.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Hi!

Some patches ago the mesmers Vortex skill (spear skill #5) also gives a combo field: etheral.

This field for some reason does not work however with the mesmers combo finisher Feigned surge skill (spear skill #2).

It displays in the little heart that pops up that I got Chaos Armor (the combo effect), but in reality, I do not get it. It is neither displayed at the boons (nor the spell itself, nor the actual boons I would get from it), nor is it working at all without display (if I get hit, I don’t get boons, and the enemy doesn’t get conditions).

The combo field seems to be working with other characters. I have tried it out with a friend (thief), who shot trough the Vortex with his skills, and confusion was properly applied.

So it is either not working only on yourself, or with any underwater “leap” type of finishers.

I think it must be becouse chaos armor is not intended for underwater use, or something like that. Anyway, check it out, if you got some the time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

“Illusionary Wave” – Cone emanates in the direction the character body is facing, not the direction the head/camera is facing.

Is this really a bug?
It seems more like a deliberate if disagreeable design decision.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Estriella Faerie.4029

Estriella Faerie.4029

Since last patch, it seems like the #1 skill on spear doesn’t work anymore.
Even when i’m next to the ennemy, all i get is “Miss”

in Mesmer

Posted by: KimballKinnison.9284

KimballKinnison.9284

I can confirm, the auto attack chain for spear can no longer hit enemies. >.<

in Mesmer

Posted by: ClinkyDink.9364

ClinkyDink.9364

Still bugged: Trident Clones do not have weapons (Should have a copy of the trident you’re using.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

I’m a relatively new mesmer…

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, or if maybe I’m doing something wrong, but Deceptive Evasion seems to be very inconsistent on land. Half the time or even more, my dodges just don’t make a clone at all. Under water it’s much more consistent…I get a clone every time.

It can be pretty frustrating…is it me or a bug with the game?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Harbinger.9645

Harbinger.9645

In WvW all illusions are being summoned without weapons in their hands.

It also appears that the Illusionary Berserker is doing less damage than it was before the patch, whether this has anything to do with him not holding a weapon is unclear but it seems like it could be.

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)
Member of Gamers With Jobs(GWJ)
From the Northern Shiver Peaks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

I’m a relatively new mesmer…

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, or if maybe I’m doing something wrong, but Deceptive Evasion seems to be very inconsistent on land. Half the time or even more, my dodges just don’t make a clone at all. Under water it’s much more consistent…I get a clone every time.

It can be pretty frustrating…is it me or a bug with the game?

Just remember that you have to be in combat for the clone-on-evade effect to activate.
ANother thing to watch out is that clones created this way aggro the closest thing, not the targetted ennemy. So sometimes they aggro the rabbit at your feet, one-shot it, and die immediately. Fewer critters in waters makes this happen less often there.
Dunno about underwater, but for terrestrial, it works perfectly for me since the patch (as it did before).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

I’m going to have to test it some more…but it’s definitely inconsistent for me. I wonder if it has something to do with the controls you use to dodge (I use a mouse button) or if it’s a weapon-specific problem (I notice it most often with staff).

I’ll mess with it some more.

EDIT: I figured it out. Because the auto-attack on the staff is so slow, what was happening was that I was targeting and engaging a mob, then trying to roll towards them before the first attack connected. It seems to not count me as “in combat” until some dmg has been done…so that was why no clone was being created.

If I wait until the first attack connects and then start to do my thing, deceptive evasion works just fine. The reason I never noticed it under water is because the trident attack gets to the mob much quicker.

(edited by Fozzik.1742)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Keba.8930

Keba.8930

After the recent patch, The Prestige doesn’t work as a blast finisher anymore. That’s the only blast finisher we have, please fix it!

in Mesmer

Posted by: WindFall.1479

WindFall.1479

After the recent patch, The Prestige doesn’t work as a blast finisher anymore. That’s the only blast finisher we have, please fix it!

I can also confirm this to be true. There used to be a charge bar when the skill is activated but has since been removed, which may be a reason why it’s bugged. At one point it used to be 2 blast finishers; one when you activate and the other when you come out of it without using any other skill.

Also, I’m pretty sure others have said this, but the illusion in sword #3 isn’t connecting the hit and cripple. I have only seen it work once since playing the mesmer yesterday for half an hour.

Edit: If the torch skill change was intentional, the tooltip for it is now inaccurate.

Edit2: I see now that, when you come out of stealth from using The Prestige, the AoE burning effect still applies at the end of the three second delay.

(edited by WindFall.1479)

in Mesmer

Posted by: samski.5194

samski.5194

Didnt see this listed in the OP.

Chaos armor not proccing protection or blind from what I can tell.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Mesmer-Chaos-Armor-Bugged/first#post1587495

in Mesmer

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Arcane Thievery – Doesn’t seem to work at 1200 range when manipulation skill range is increased. Needs more testing. Also it will not steal warriors signet of rage boons, which is an elite. But it WILL steal a necro’s plague form stability as well as thief dagger storm stability, etc… which makes no sense.

The skill also refuses to steal boons when people are invuln, blocking, mist form etc. Even though it has no damage effect.

Skill cannot be cast backwards, yet says nothing about line of sight on screen or in tooltip, it simply puts it on cooldown. It also seems to not work on targets that are in the outer edges of your screen. Like there is some narrow cone of view in front of you that it will only work.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native