[Mesmer] List of bugged abilities and traits.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ConterK.3972

ConterK.3972

Bug on iBerzerker from GS..

tho is more of an Exploit…

it can be summon even trough walls.. difference from other phantasm that would say “Obstructed” if u try to summon it trough wall/objects/etc..

Also.. you should add some clarification in the first post so people dont post eeeverything they feel like is not working as they want it to..
a person should Test the “bug” and see if he can reproduce it and find exactly how or why is bugged..

Also.. you should add some clarification in the first post so people dont post eeeverything they feel like is not working as they want it to..
a person should Test the “bug” and see if he can reproduce it and find exactly how or why is bugged..and again..

a person should Test the “bug” and see if he can reproduce it and find exactly how or why is bugged..and again..Sword (Main Hand):
“Illusionary Leap”s clone summons is set to 600, rather than the 1200 other clone summons have. Swap is correctly set to 600.
“Illusionary Leap” secondary effect “Swap” will often fail leaving you at your original location.

a person should Test the “bug” and see if he can reproduce it and find exactly how or why is bugged..and again..Sword (Main Hand):
“Illusionary Leap”s clone summons is set to 600, rather than the 1200 other clone summons have. Swap is correctly set to 600.
“Illusionary Leap” secondary effect “Swap” will often fail leaving you at your original location.That should be in suggestion thread.. is not a bug.. it was meant to be 600.. and its working on 600 not 1200.. -_-
and the Swap swaps u to where the ilusion is.. after the ilussion is summon if u click swap too fast ull swap with it in middle rush.. or spawm point.. so ull stand in the same place.. gotta pay attention to where the ilusion is.. rathet than just spam buttons..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

Thanks Taldren for your continuation in keeping the list updated and organized.
I noticed that a bug is missing from the list, under Traits category.

Trait:

Grandmaster Dueling – Confusing Combatants

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Confusing_Combatants
“Your illusions cause 3 seconds of confusion when they are killed. "
“Notes: “Killed” means either destroyed by enemy damage or by being overwritten with a newly summoned illusion. "

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusion
Illusion: “There are two kinds of illusions: clones and phantasms.”

I thoroughly tested Confusing Combatants using sword, pistol, and staff illusion summoning skills at Heart of the Mist. Only clones do apply confusion when killed but phantasms are not effected by this trait. All illusions tested were killed by melee type enemies and within range to apply confusion.

*Note: Confusing Combatant should not to be confused with Adept Chaos trait Debilitating Dissipation – “Clones apply a random condition to nearby foes when they are killed.” The description of Confusing Combatants specify Illusions.

Thanks

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate

in Mesmer

Posted by: anonim.5932

anonim.5932

There is another bug: The Phantasmal Warden doesn’t run towards enemies when being shattered. It just shatters where it is standing. I think this is not working like intended.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ChaosStar.3162

ChaosStar.3162

Illusion of Drowning grants the foe reflection. Additionally, the animation only shows 10% of the time (confirmed on a variety of video cards from both ATI and NVidia).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cantatus.4065

Cantatus.4065

Someone might want to confirm this one, but it seems to me that, sometimes in PvP if someone is trying to stomp me and I use Deception, the skill occasionally won’t teleport me very far away (like a foot or two to the left) and the initial stomp will still hit me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teo.8325

Teo.8325

I have to report an obvious (graphic) bug for GREATSWORD.

I have an Asura Mesmer and 100% of the times i used the #2 skill of Greatsword, FIRST it fires a beam and then the sword is flying to the target. However, I noticed that the beam alerts them and they can dodge the flying sword. Same goes also with #3 skill. This happen only when it’s the opening move, during the battle it works perfectly.

I have to admit that when I was playing a Human Mesmer, I didn’t have such an issue and I guess it’s an Asura graphic bug or something. Still it’s annoying and I hope for a fix.

Thanks

in Mesmer

Posted by: anonim.5932

anonim.5932

@Teo’s report: I don’t have this problem with my sylvari mesmer, so think it’s really asura only… kinda exclusive ^^

Greatsword: Activating Skill 1 while having aimed a target will always show the beam, even when the target is out of range. It’s kind of a problem in PvP: Enemies will see you come before you actually do damage. I don’t know if it’s intended, but would like it not to be =)
[ Perhaps the problem is not the beam itself, but that it always seems to reach the enemy. If it would end after its range (think 1200?) and not going straight to the target when it’s out of range, would adapt the animation to other weapons. The shortbow for example, fires an arrow, even if the target is out of range. But this arrow wont fly to the target, hitting him but dealing no damage… hope you know what I mean ]

(edited by anonim.5932)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Somna.5168

Somna.5168

Downed:
Underwater Downed 2 skill will lock the Mesmer in place until they either Rally or Die.

This is definitely fixed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Phase retreat…….will often teleport you UNDER the map.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Temariah.9372

Temariah.9372

Bravo on the new formatting. Much easier to handle this way. Also, for the “general bug 1” I’m pretty sure this is working as intended. All abilities that specifically target one person, such as bull’s charge for a warrior, ranged projectiles, etc will not work properly if the target evades. Our illusions are like hexes, so it makes sense that players can dodge the casting of it.

Temariah Dawnsong – “A new dawn is coming; sieze the day.”
Leader of The Harbingers of Serendipity [LIFE] : Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Trident:
None Reported

Trident clones use the old 1 skill and inflict confusion (the new auto-attack doesn’t). It’s a great bug and I love it, but has to be reported! :>

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Phase retreat…….will often teleport you UNDER the map.

Confirmed (on too many occasions)

in Mesmer

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

Greatsword Training does not stack with Illusionist’s Celerity. I think this is a bug as it’s worthless then to go into the Illusions tree as a greatsword Mesmer when you can’t reduce the cooldown on Phantasmal Berserker.

Duelist’s Discipline only works for Magic Bullet, and does not effect Phantasmal Duelist.

in Mesmer

Posted by: capric.1896

capric.1896

That’s incorrect. Only the tooltips are bugged. All the weapon-based phantasms can reach -40% cooldown by stacking Illusionists Celerity and the weapon-specific cooldown reduction trait.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kahzee.6042

kahzee.6042

trait: Warden’s feedback: makes both focus skills reflect projectiles (while being redundant it is not a bug) and also decreases focus skills by 20 percent. it decreases temporal curtain but not illusionary warden. Unless the warden isnt considered a focus skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Effusion.4831

Effusion.4831

""Temporal Enchanter” is either bugged or the tooltips are incorrect for Glamours. With Temporal Enchanter active the field lasts as long as the tooltips say by default and without it they end faster then what the tooltips say by default."

I figured this one out. Temporal enhancer seems to be adding a flat 2s onto glamour durations, but 3 out of 4 the glamour tooltips are incorrect.
Veil lasts 6s rather than 8s, 8s with TE
Null Field lasts 4s rather than 7s, 6s with TE
Feedback lasts 6s as described, 8s with TE
Portal Exeunt lasts 12s rather than 20s, 14s with TE

(edited by Effusion.4831)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deneroth.2854

Deneroth.2854

Winds of Chaos on Staff very rarely bounces to additional targets and is very inconsistant on the range at which it will bounce. Sometimes it will come straight back to you 10-20 yards out but wont bounce to additional foes 2 yards away from them. Also the projectile itsself i feel is too slow in comparison to other ranged attacks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sinia.9721

Sinia.9721

It isn’t really a bug, but the tooltip for Veil has it listed as a Light combo field, when it’s Ethereal.

Level 80 Sylvari Mesmer: Xilla
Leader of Bracer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Not sure if Arcane Thievery is bugged, but it definitely doesn’t take all the boons on the target as the tooltip indicates. From what I can see, it takes like 3 or so. Same goes for conditions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: nidwin.6731

nidwin.6731

“Phase Retreat” will often fail to teleport you.

Till now it always worked for me.
But.

When you lose your target so you don’t have a selected target anymore Phase Retreat won’t teleport you. Makes sense, but you do have the insta “shatter” animation and sound with Phase Retreat skill going on cooldown.

I suggest changing it so that you can’t use the skill if no target is selected.

in Mesmer

Posted by: nidwin.6731

nidwin.6731

Something odd but will need more testing to have a better idea. Just posting it here in case it’s a bug as it isn’t easy to check.

Phase Retreat clone not granting boons/conditions or losing this property when switching to GS.

As I said it’s hard to check as our staff auto-attack does the same. What I saw is when I switch to GS with the Phase Retreat clone still alive I don’t see any burning, bleeding being applied on foe while I can’t recall receiving Fury.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kyros.5682

Kyros.5682

POSTING IN CAPS TO GET ATTENTION CAUSE I CANT BELIEVE NO ONE HAS NOTICED THIS!

1.Illusions that inflict Stacks of bleed
2. Said Illusions get killed or are shattered
3. Bleeds stop ticking on target even though duration is not finished

use the 15 trait in dueling for illusions inflict bleeds on crit and use a illusionary duelist then shatter him on the dummy and watch the bleeds stop ticking.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ShadowbaneX.6273

ShadowbaneX.6273

Illusionary Whaler (Trident #4) does no damage.

Heroes of the Horn [HotH] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Koix.5382

Koix.5382

Tooltip Bugs -

Traits -

Illusion Subsection – says “Reduces your shredding recharge rate by x%”, Im assuming thats supposed to be shattering skills. It also has the required affect but dusnt reflect the cooldown tooltip on the shatterer skills. (Supposed to be less that 15 seconds on Mind Wrack etc, dusent change.)

- Duelist’s Dicipline (IX in Dueling) – Says Pitol instead of Pistol.

- Should really add something saying that the weapon skill cooldowns dont stack with the -20% reduction in Illusion. Its often confusing picking both up only to dicover ure phantasm summon is only affected by 1 of them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

Spear: Sometimes, Illusionary Mariner will not attack. It just floats there the entire battle and does nothing.

Arcane thievery: Does not steal all boons, or transfer all conditions. I’ve been left with burning, poison, blind, immobilize…the only ones it seems to seems reliably strip is vulnerability and bleeding. The boons I often recieve are regenerate and armor.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bottleblonde.9324

Bottleblonde.9324

I’ll add a bug similar to what has been mentioned about torch 4 already-sometimes you don’t stealth at all. Your character performs the animation and channels like you are stealthed and you still get the burn/blind at the end but you never disappear and mobs/players can still see you. This is without using any sort of dodge or other skill with it. I’ll add that I play an asuran female just in case the issue may be with the race.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Minibiskit.6158

Minibiskit.6158

Did some testing with the effect of Phantasmal Haste (trait X in Illusions line) on our phantasm’s attacks today.

Let me first explain my understanding of “20% less recharge rate”. The phantasms initiates their attack, the attack has a duration period, and then it ends. After the attack ends, the phantasm enters a “recharge period”. This recharge period is the time that gets shortened by Phantasmal Haste.

Here is what I gathered from testing, sorted into groups of “working better than intended”, “working as intended”, and “not working at all”.

WORKING BETTER THAN INTENDED:

Phantasmal Warden:
Attack channel: 6.0s
Recharge (no trait): 7.0s
Recharge (traited): ~1.5s

WORKING AS INTENDED:

Phantasmal Berserker:
Attack duration: ~0.5s
Recharge (traited): ~5.5s

Phantasmal Warlock:
Attack duration: instant

Phantasmal Duelist:
Attack duration: 1.5s

Phantasmal Defender:
Attack Duration: melee
Recharge (no trait): ~5.0s
Recharge (traited): ~4.2s

NOT WORKING AT ALL:

Phantasmal Mage:
Recharge (traited): 7.0s

Phantasmal Swordsman:
Attack Duration: 0.5s
Recharge (no trait): 5.0s
Recharge (traited): 5.0s

Phantasmal Disenchanter:
Recharge (no trait): 5.0s
Recharge (traited): 5.0s

in Mesmer

Posted by: Minibiskit.6158

Minibiskit.6158

Tested the alleged bug with Sharper Images (minor 15pt trait in Dueling line), where applied bleeds from illusion attacks were not dealing damage after those illusions were destroyed or shattered.

My testing shows that any bleeds remaining on the test dummy after the illusions were gone are still dealing damage, but the damage numbers are not appearing as floating combat text above the dummy. We may not see the numbers ticking after the clones are gone, but the bleed effects are still dealing damage to the mob.

in Mesmer

Posted by: haqqa.8194

haqqa.8194

I’ll only add what I didn’t see mentioned.

1. The parry/riposte skills
(Scepter #2 – Illusionary Counter, and off-hand sword Illusionary Riposte)
When on uneven ground, they have a habit of giving me a target is ‘out of range’ and don’t create a clone/illusion after I block and counter, even when the target hasn’t moved, and I am actually in close range (like 600m-ish).

2. Phantasmal Disenchanter.
Doesn’t work too well, or unreliable. I’ve tried using it while 1v1 against mobs and while I had just 1 condition on me, and alot of times I don’t get it cured.

3 Downed #2 – Deception
I usually find this works well to move me out of AoE rings or whatever you call them, and give me a better chance to heal more than anything – in WvW while on walls defending a tower etc, or in group events in PvE. But sometimes, especially in PvE group events, it moves me exactly under the boss or champion, like exactly between his legs, so I am going to get hit even if he is aiming at my clone.

4. Torch skills remove conditions ( Cleansing Conflagration -Domination Trait)
I don’t know if this is a bug or intended, but The Prestige removes conditions after the 3 seconds in stealth, not on activation as I expected. I found this a bit useless, since 99% of the time you are going to get a fresh new stack of conditions once you un-stealth; and it’s just 3 seconds of conditions ticking away. but probably intended.

5. And I’m gonna mention this here.
Definitely a bug is that god-awful sound from the greatsword #1 Spatial Surge, which i find very annoying and so much so, that I have often switched weapon just to not annoy other players around me. It is way too high pitched and squeaky that I tend to avoid the greatsword because of it.
When I first went to WvW, and the BGM set in with some of the bigger battles, I actually thought the Necro sounds (of nearby players) were part of the BGM (later realised) and thought they added atmosphere and went very well together.
If Spatial Surge was just slightly less high pitched, and the same sound made more fluid-ish, I think it would have the same effect for atmosphere and sound awesome during battles. If it was a OHKO skill i wouldn’t mind and it would make sense, but idk right now. Anyone?

in Mesmer

ConterK.3972

Illusionary Whaler (Trident #4) does no damage.

it does.. i just tested it..
but the dmg is low.. since it is supposed to be for Stacking bleeds.. not for dpsing on hits…

in Mesmer

ConterK.3972

I’ll add a bug similar to what has been mentioned about torch 4 already-sometimes you don’t stealth at all. Your character performs the animation and channels like you are stealthed and you still get the burn/blind at the end but you never disappear and mobs/players can still see you. This is without using any sort of dodge or other skill with it. I’ll add that I play an asuran female just in case the issue may be with the race.

sometimes when u’r getting hti u get a “debuff” that doesnt let u go on stealth.. not sure how or what causes it..but i’v seen it be4.. a lot..

Also.. sometimes u wont see the animation of being stealth.. but u do go invisible.. just watch ur boons bar.. this happens a lot when u use Torch and Decoy together to stay invisible for a longer time..
u’ll appear to not be invisible in ur screen while u actually are..

(edited by ConterK.3972)

in Mesmer

ConterK.3972

Tested the synergy between two cooldown reduction traits for the Phantasmal Warden.

The traits in question:
Illusionists Celerity (20% cd reduction)
Warden’s Feedback (20% cd reduction and reflection during cast time)

Here is what I found:
When I activated only Illusionists Celerity, there was no reduction in the cooldown.
When I activated only Warden’s Feedback, there was still no reduction in the cooldown.
When I activated both I.C. and W.F., the cooldown was 14s (down from 20s).

So, the traits are reducing the cooldown only when used together. In addition, the traits reduce the cooldown by 30%, which is not additive or multiplicative of the nominal 20% reductions in each trait.

the normal coldown is 25.. not 20.. u get it to 20 with illusion celerity.. and to 14 with the Warden’s Feedback..

Jesus christ people.. test your stuff right be4 posting.. sooo many non tested stuff posted is gonna misslead Devs… -.-

in Mesmer

ConterK.3972

Tooltip Bugs -

Traits -

Illusion Subsection – says “Reduces your shredding recharge rate by x%”, Im assuming thats supposed to be shattering skills. It also has the required affect but dusnt reflect the cooldown tooltip on the shatterer skills. (Supposed to be less that 15 seconds on Mind Wrack etc, dusent change.)

- Duelist’s Dicipline (IX in Dueling) – Says Pitol instead of Pistol.

- Should really add something saying that the weapon skill cooldowns dont stack with the -20% reduction in Illusion. Its often confusing picking both up only to dicover ure phantasm summon is only affected by 1 of them.

It does.. it just doesnt show in the tooltip of the illusionary duelist..
with both skills the cd is ~8s.. not 12.. and the skill without traits has 15s cd..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Effusion.4831

Effusion.4831

The staff skill #4 Chaos Armor grants protection immediately upon casting, which is not mentioned in the tooltip. Chaos Armor granted through combo fields only gives protection as a potential proc upon being hit.

in Mesmer

Posted by: JohnyCash.1894

JohnyCash.1894

Less a bug than imprecise tooltips:
- Sword #2 (blurred frenzy) says 8x, when in fact it hits 4 times only
- Scepter #3 (confusing images): damage numbers (when used, not on tooltip) do not cumulate like other channeled multiple-hit skills (e.g., blurred frenzy, spatial surge), instead the individual damage hit value is shown five times

in Mesmer

Posted by: dub.3762

dub.3762

Utility skill Portal Entre/Portal Exeunt does not allow for teleporting all the time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

I did not find this bug listed here, so I apologize if I missed it.

Inspiration TraitMalicious Sorcery
The tooltip for scepter skill Illusionary Counter will correctly change from 12 seconds to 9.5 seconds recharge timer, however when activated the recharge timer will still start counting down from 11 seconds.
It seems to be the only ability bugged from this trait, Confusing Images for example has its recharge timer correctly reduced.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I don’t think the prestige thing is a bug, it’s always been that way, and it makes sense, you aren’t getting full use of the ability if you cancel early. So why should it go on full CD?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Safir.5329

Safir.5329

staff skill

phase retreat – sometimes bugs you underground and gets you stuck

in Mesmer

ConterK.3972

Utility skill Portal Entre/Portal Exeunt does not allow for teleporting all the time.

Mayb u’r using it wrong..

it has a max range.. if u cast the exit past the max range.. it wont work..

in Mesmer

Posted by: BrazenNL.9857

BrazenNL.9857

Why isn’t failed teleporting (like Phase Retreat or the swap on Ìllusionary Leap) not on the known issues list? I transport into trees or some sort of under water experience (except, I can’t surface) on a daily basis.

Like the poster on the first page said: You’re effectively screwed until you die by AoE or the battle somehow ends.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deneroth.2854

Deneroth.2854

I’ve also noticed Chaos Armor animation does not display on the odd ocasion. You can see the buff applied with the rest but the animation isnt there – Mainly iv found this when you use them in quick succession IE, gets granted through a combo field and then use your #4 ability.

in Mesmer

Posted by: maaprid.2168

maaprid.2168

“Utility:
“Signet of Inspiration” does not grant its Passive effect until 10 seconds of being in combat. In beta this passive effect was always active like other signet passives effects.”

I really miss how this was in beta. I hope they will fix it and its not as intended

in Mesmer

Posted by: dub.3762

dub.3762

Ah, didn’t consider that. If that’s the case, I hope they could clarify it in the tooltip, and also cancel out the 2nd portal if max distance has been passed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: murasamune.2756

murasamune.2756

am i the only one that thinks (5) on GS should knock back enemies / off of ledges?

if a Krait can knock me off of a tower with his abilities it stands to reason mine should too.

i understand the PvP implications, but man. remove knockback off of things.

edit

ALSO blink is inconsistent unless the terrain is perfectly flat.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tekla.2139

Tekla.2139

Dunno if u can call it a bug, anyhow..
shouldn’t be mesmer illusion invisible by non tagged NPC? cause i’m pretty sure that they do aggro like no tomorrow.

in Mesmer

ConterK.3972

am i the only one that thinks (5) on GS should knock back enemies / off of ledges?

if a Krait can knock me off of a tower with his abilities it stands to reason mine should too.

i understand the PvP implications, but man. remove knockback off of things.

edit

ALSO blink is inconsistent unless the terrain is perfectly flat.

it does knock enemies off cliffs.. just not monsters.. else u could 1shot any monster in the game just by doing that..
it does work against players in WvW

in Mesmer

ConterK.3972

Ah, didn’t consider that. If that’s the case, I hope they could clarify it in the tooltip, and also cancel out the 2nd portal if max distance has been passed.

yeah.. that would be really useful..
i used to fail it a lot by running too far away.. q.q
max range is from the center of ur minimap to a border (minimap being max size max zoom in, well..at least on my screen.. i made some testing and it was around 4k range)

(edited by ConterK.3972)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cunning.7946

Cunning.7946

I read through the list and didn’t see any mention of this one yet. When you go underwater, and then leave the water, all of your readied mantras are reset.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Citrus.3980

Citrus.3980

The third chain on the ‘1’ skill for the Scepter is bugged, in the description it states, “Shoot out a third bolt that CONFUSES your target.” This would make perfect sense for a Scepter because Scepter builds are built around confusion, however the attack does NOT confuse your target, it only does direct damage.

This is actually quite annoying for confusion based builds as confusion stacks can fall off very very quickly(3-4 seconds) if you cannot add to them.