[Mesmer] List of bugged abilities and traits.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Parannoia.1609

Parannoia.1609

Oy, for the Staff, I’m surprised no one surprised that “Phase Retreat” has a chance of teleporting you into walls/objects, and even outside of the map. if you’re standing close to stones and water, even shallow. I swam around underneath the map once without being able to get out from underneath ANet’s lovely rock models.

tefached
Krank Haus, The Usual Crowd

in Mesmer

Posted by: tamrielo.2719

tamrielo.2719

The issue with clipping under terrain and getting stuck also happens with Mirror Images on occasion— the slight jink to one side as the two clones are created can easily clip you under"water".

Also, Signet of Illusions does not appear to work on clones at all. It’s not just phantasms.

Finally, clones created by dodging (in the Duelist tree) frequently don’t attack your target and often either dissipate instantly or attack other, random targets — usually critters or other nearby enemies.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Effusion.4831

Effusion.4831

Scepter clones only use the first scepter attack instead of the entire chain, making them much less useful for procing sharper images and easier to identify as clones.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teo.8325

Teo.8325

We don’t have to report “Phase Retreat”, at least again, until they fix it. It’s a well known issue.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kahzee.6042

kahzee.6042

@whatever guy said the warden cooldown was 25

The cooldown on the warden is definately 20 not 25

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

- Scepter #3 (confusing images): damage numbers (when used, not on tooltip) do not cumulate like other channeled multiple-hit skills (e.g., blurred frenzy, spatial surge), instead the individual damage hit value is shown five times

This is probably because it is a slow multi-hit ability. It seems like “fast” “flurry-like” abilities have it accumulate, but slower ones do not.

I read through the list and didn’t see any mention of this one yet. When you go underwater, and then leave the water, all of your readied mantras are reset.

This is semi-not-broken: if you have the same Mantras selected for your underwater set, then the charged Mantras will stay. The issue seems to be when you have Mantras in you “land” / normal set, then you go underwater with a different set of utilities — you will lose your Mantra charges.

I ran into this yesterday when messing around with Odaman’s horribad “making me use Mantras” build (otherwise known as getting off mykitten and practicing using Mantras); I was prepared to be highly annoyed at having to recharge my Mantras in and out of water, but after I configured my water utilities to match my land utilities, there was no problem.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Effusion.4831

“@whatever guy said the warden cooldown was 25

The cooldown on the warden is definately 20 not 25"
No. It’s 25s, 20s with Illusionist’s Celerity or Warden’s Feedback, and 15s with both (although the tooltip will still say 20s).

in Mesmer

Posted by: zbaaca.6429

zbaaca.6429

i use offhand sword & have “illusionists celerity” cd of 4 & 5 skills 12s & while adding dueling trait #4 “blade training” cd of 4 & 5 skills doesn’t decrease

(edited by zbaaca.6429)

in Mesmer

Effusion.4831

i use offhand sword & have “illusionists celerity” & while adding dueling trait #4 “blade training” cd of 4 & 5 skills doesn’t decrease

They both reduce the cooldown of phantasmal swordsman but the tooltip only updates for one (this is a universal tooltip problem when abilities have their cd reduced by more than one trait).
Illusionary Repost does not have its cooldown reduced by either one (whether it spawns a clone or not), even though the tooltip will say that it has been reduced.
Blade Training does not reduce the cooldown of Illusionary Leap, but Illusionist’s celerity does.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zbaaca.6429

zbaaca.6429

i use offhand sword & have “illusionists celerity” & while adding dueling trait #4 “blade training” cd of 4 & 5 skills doesn’t decrease

They both reduce the cooldown of phantasmal swordsman but the tooltip only updates for one (this is a universal tooltip problem when abilities have their cd reduced by more than one trait).
Illusionary Repost does not have its cooldown reduced by either one (whether it spawns a clone or not), even though the tooltip will say that it has been reduced.
Blade Training does not reduce the cooldown of Illusionary Leap, but Illusionist’s celerity does.

too much bugs for 1 trait >_<
btw how is this class even playable now ? it’s easier to tell what works properly then what is bugged

in Mesmer

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

Bugged: Shredding Recharge Rate on the Illusion trait line, does not in fact lower the CD of the the Shatter skills. Needs to be fixed!

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

in Mesmer

Effusion.4831

Bugged: Shredding Recharge Rate on the Illusion trait line, does not in fact lower the CD of the the Shatter skills. Needs to be fixed!

It does actually, the tooltip just doesn’t change.

in Mesmer

MLieBennett.9031

Oh? I’ll have to watch the timers next time then, thanks Effusion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ConterK.3972

ConterK.3972

90% of the stuff people is saying is bugged is really NOT bugged, is mostly just that the tooltip doesnt change..
people are just stupid and say is bugged instead of freakin testing it, im really tired of people saying stuff that is not bugged just talking out of theirkitten without proper testing stuff.. -.-

for example.. this guy

@whatever guy said the warden cooldown was 25
The cooldown on the warden is definately 20 not 25

Trying to correct me without even knowing wtf he’s talking about.. jesus christ.. -.-

in Mesmer

ConterK.3972

Scepter clones only use the first scepter attack instead of the entire chain, making them much less useful for procing sharper images and easier to identify as clones.

Like its meant to be..
The skill says the clones will only cast Ether Bolt.. not the whole chain.. neither the Ether CLONE hit.. is just ether bolt..

having clones that summon clones and clones and clones would be a little(actually a LOT) too OP..

in Mesmer

Effusion.4831

Like its meant to be..
The skill says the clones will only cast Ether Bolt.. not the whole chain.. neither the Ether CLONE hit.. is just ether bolt..

having clones that summon clones and clones and clones would be a little(actually a LOT) too OP..

So have them go through the animation and not summon a clone. I wouldn’t judge the ability’s intent by the tooltip considering it still says that Ether Clone applies confusion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mufasa.5671

Mufasa.5671

Im wondering if the Ether Bolt skill on the scepter is bugged. in game it says that it confuses the target yet i dont see any confusion stacks. Also all other skills that say confuse the target apply confusion. Maybe bugged? or tool tip worded wrong?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mufasa.5671

Mufasa.5671

Also my clones will not hold an offhand weapon. For example when im duel swords the clone only holds one sword. Not sure if these have been brought to any attention or not.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sunpeece.3590

Sunpeece.3590

Sometimes if you blink while moving forward, the run animation will stop and you will “surf” over the land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Galmarrar.1098

Galmarrar.1098

btw as long as phase retreat is bugged avoid using it on frozen lakes… got me underwater beneath the ice locked in combat status xD

in Mesmer

Posted by: vutak.3186

vutak.3186

In messing around trying to see the exact effect of Temporal Enchanter, it felt like Null Field was unusually short, duration-wise. Its advertised duration is 7 seconds, but I was finding it lasted closer to 4-5 seconds untraited, tops, and 5-6 traited. Any chance someone could confirm that?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Confusing Cry(retaliation on F2) does not work with Illusionary Persona, you won’t get the buff unless you had a clone up. I assume this is a bug since Distortion works with Illusionary Persona fine.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xandragon.6491

Xandragon.6491

Clones created by Deceptive Evasion select their target randomly, rather than attacking my target like all other illusions summoned. Since they can be summoned when I don’t have a target that is a useful fallback behavior, but otherwise they should attack my target.
For a Clone/Condition build this is a very serious problem that causes a huge part of my DPS to be spread randomly in multi target situations.

Presumably Desperate Decoy has the same misbehavior, but with dramatically less impact.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zylo.6597

Zylo.6597

Staff “windof chaos” cant hit the Blossoms in Twilight Abor. Sometimes they hit when you jump but most of the it wont hit or display a “out of range” “Out of sight” message

in Mesmer

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

I think you can remove this point :
“Downed:
Underwater Downed 2 skill will lock the Mesmer in place until they either Rally or Die.”
which is now fixed

in Mesmer

Xandragon.6491

The Call Target functionality (which is more an UI/Team-communication thing and not even an ingame/class ability) completely circumvents any defensive/deception value of clones.

I think that our defense is probably to good if it gets fixed, but it can’t be meant to work this way, making clones essentially useless.

in Mesmer

ConterK.3972

Like its meant to be..

So have them go through the animation and not summon a clone. I wouldn’t judge the ability’s intent by the tooltip considering it still says that Ether Clone applies confusion.

i think it meant to say that confuses ur enemy by making a clone of urself.. rather than actually applying confusion condition..
if it was to apply confusion condition.. it would say the time and Lv of confusion applyed.. just like all the other skills that do apply confusion state..

in Mesmer

ConterK.3972

The Call Target functionality (which is more an UI/Team-communication thing and not even an ingame/class ability) completely circumvents any defensive/deception value of clones.

I think that our defense is probably to good if it gets fixed, but it can’t be meant to work this way, making clones essentially useless.

when you go on stealth or out of range, the call target dissapears..

in Mesmer

Posted by: ShadowbaneX.6273

ShadowbaneX.6273

Illusionary Whaler (Trident #4) does no damage.

it does.. i just tested it..
but the dmg is low.. since it is supposed to be for Stacking bleeds.. not for dpsing on hits…

That’s odd, for me it was crit’ing for zero damage…I just tried it in Heart of the Mists and I guess it is working, but that’s an incredibly low amount of damage. 20 damage on the Light Golem…even if it is followed up by all the bleeding damage.

Heroes of the Horn [HotH] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Seems like it’s the multi-part abilities (iLeap, the parry on Sword4) that are being affected by the cooldown issues. I wonder if the second part of the ability is coded as “valid for Sword-affecting traits”, and whether the cooldown on the initial part (iLeap) does not start until the second part (Swap), bypassing the cooldown reduction of the Sword trait.

Meh.

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Ah right, Greatsword bug for Mirror Blade:

Mirror Blade seems to check for LOS at both the beginning and end of the cast. Most range abilities in this game only check for LOS at the end of the cast*. This causes issues with detailed kiting where you may not be facing your target at the beginning of the cast while dodge rolling or otherwise moving.

• I’m not 100% positive about this and if anyone could confirm/deny this behavior for targeted range attacks in general, that would be helpful.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nitrosol.3801

Nitrosol.3801

Two bugs here that actually have a huge impact on gameplay, but frankly they don’t need fixing just need to be added to tooltips, because they’re actually really useful and would be enormous nerfs if fixed.

Clones spawned while wielding the Trident will use an old version of Song of the Siren, that confuses enemies and grants a boon to allies on bounce (Aegis, I think?).

The + Range and – Cooldown for Pistol trait in the Dueling tree gives the Phantasmal Duelist 100% combo finisher chance as apposed to the 20% stated on the tooltip.
This means that with one of the many ethereal combo fields we can create, you can easily chuck 8+ Stacks of confusion on an enemy.

Honestly, I think that pistol bug at least needs to stay because its actually making confusion builds viable, Phantasms do need nerfs, but not ones that will directly damage condition builds too.

2 Phantasms + Confusing images + Confusion on Glamour = 20+ Stacks of confusion, actually decent damage.

Underwater combat manages to not be super-terrible for condition mesmers because of the confusion as well. Underwater condition Mesmers should be using the Trident anyway, and the trident has zero conditions, only a condition inducing phantasm, and that’s just boring.

(edited by Nitrosol.3801)

in Mesmer

Effusion.4831

In messing around trying to see the exact effect of Temporal Enchanter, it felt like Null Field was unusually short, duration-wise. Its advertised duration is 7 seconds, but I was finding it lasted closer to 4-5 seconds untraited, tops, and 5-6 traited. Any chance someone could confirm that?

Yep, confirmed on the previous page.

Like its meant to be..

i think it meant to say that confuses ur enemy by making a clone of urself.. rather than actually applying confusion condition..
if it was to apply confusion condition.. it would say the time and Lv of confusion applyed.. just like all the other skills that do apply confusion state..

An older version of the scepter applied confusion instead of summoning clones, so either the tooltip was updated incorrectly or they accidentally removed the confusion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Porkchops.3986

Porkchops.3986

I’m having really weird inconsistencies with the “bounce” on GS #2. I’m traited for an extra bounce in the Illusion line and sometimes I get bounce, often I get no bounce, and about half the time I get the full bounce mechanics. I notice it never works at max range (why? The GS is a long range sniper weapon) but even closing the distance I find it to be very inconsistent. Also, GS #2 doesn’t bounce my phantasms while I swear my Staff #1 does. Is this intended?

What is up with Phantasmal Regeneration? Sometimes it takes ages to go off, sometimes it never does, and I usually have to be practically standing INSIDE the phantasm. It seems incredibly inconsistent and I’m worried it’s bugging up with all the other Phantasm boons (retaliation, fury, Signet of Illusions, etc).

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

GS2 bounce range is 600 or so, so.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

veil is acting as a ethereal field rather than a light field for combos.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Mesmer

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

blink: character sometimes slides on the ground for a few seconds after landing from blink.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Greatsword:

• Phantasmal Berserker: [Cripple] ailment ignores [Cripple immunity] (seen multiple times on Earth Elementals)

What is up with Phantasmal Regeneration? Sometimes it takes ages to go off, sometimes it never does, and I usually have to be practically standing INSIDE the phantasm. It seems incredibly inconsistent and I’m worried it’s bugging up with all the other Phantasm boons (retaliation, fury, Signet of Illusions, etc).

Phantasmal Regeneration has a small AoE (3m radius ?). But the main point is, that it takes like 5~6s after spawn until the Phantasm triggers it.

(edited by Moderator)

in Mesmer

Xandragon.6491

Stealth from Decoy is unreliable. One completely reproducible case is attacking the clustered heavy golems in mist with the staff auto attack. Decoy stealth is applied but ALWAYS immediately broken. When auto attacking with sword the stealth is applied correctly, so presumably this is a problem with the bounce mechanic (orbs still underway probably unstealth me on next hit/bounce). Projectile attacks might also be susceptible to this.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kain.3480

Kain.3480

Ok so I did some testing in mists with sigils and illusions and none of sigils proc with illusions Im just not sure if this is bugged or is it intended. I had test it with air sigil and fire sigil.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kubetz.3058

kubetz.3058

Tooltips for icons showing that mantras are charges not correct.

When you charge Mantra of Pain the tooltip will show “Mantra of Pain Ready”. Mantra of Concentration will show “Mantra of Concentration Ready”.

BUT

1) Mantra of Recovery is showing “Power Return” on the tooltip which is not consistent with showing the name of the mantra itself.
2) Mantra of Distraction is showing “Mantra of Confusion Ready”.
3) Mantra of Resolve is showing “Mantra of Removal Ready”.

EDIT: Tested on 20th September 2012.

(edited by kubetz.3058)

in Mesmer

MLieBennett.9031

After my hiccup last time, I am making sure the bug I’m mentioning is actually there.

1) Master of Misdirection (Illusion Adept) does not affect the duration of Confusion from either Cry of Frustration or Illusionary Retribution. Tested, and retested. Domination’s Condition Duration affects both, but not Master of Misdirection.

Note that Conditions directly from clones, such as Bleeding from Sharper Images or their basic attacks do not benefit from any Condition Duration.
(I’m still determining if the same is true for On Clone Death and Shatters for both Conditions and Boons).

2) The Trait Confounding Suggestions (Domination Grandmaster XII) would not work for me. Whether I used the shatter Distraction, Mantra of Distraction, or Off-hand sword’s Counter Blade.

3) Illusionary Leap’s range indicator is faulty, or the skill’s range isn’t what is stated. I’ve been trying to use the skill at maximum range, but in fact it will only work after you step even closer to the target (not sure on exact distance).
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/IcUgKZJtsGO7CBamvCyIfNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
Was taken and tested on a stationary target. Note the lack of a red bar underneath Illusionary Leap, confirming that the target should be in range yet no clone appeared. Repeatedly. Only happens at the maximum range from initial testing.

(edited by MLieBennett.9031)

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

^

Thanks for your detailed testing.

in Mesmer

Porkchops.3986

Can someone test to see if Phantasmal Haste (20% recharge) is working on trident/spear phantasms? I’m unable to test at the moment, but from my un-scientific observations yesterday, it didn’t seem to. They attacked awfully slow and I couldn’t tell a difference when having the trait slotted or not. If it’s not working, this part of the OP should be updated:

“Phantasmal Haste” does not effect some phantasms. Warlock and Disenchanter being at least two.

(edited by Moderator)

in Mesmer

Posted by: kubetz.3058

kubetz.3058

Can someone test to see if Phantasmal Haste (20% recharge) is working on trident/spear phantasms? I

I tested it right now and it is affecting Illusionary Whaler (Trident) , but not Illusionary Mariner (Spear).

in Mesmer

ConterK.3972

Also, trident clones attack does bounce 3 times like mesmers normal attack, but just like our attack it has a shorter bounce range something around the ~500 range only

tidrent illusions bounce dont give any bons but they do apply 2 stacks of confusion instead of one if the attack bounce from you back to your enemy

the attack wont bounce on clones

Clones/phantams skills will show “out of range” message at max range (1200) even if the skill says it will work (no red bar beneath the skill)
u need to be somewhat around the ~1150ish range to succesfully summon the illusion

in Mesmer

Porkchops.3986

I took Vengeful Images and avoided Signet of Illusions and Phantasmal Fury to test it. After the initial Retaliation boon expires, it never re-applies. Can someone else verify?

in Mesmer

Posted by: bluesme.7814

bluesme.7814

I’ve found in PVP & PvE that Mesmer skill ‘Null Field’ is lasting for a ~5 second instead of 7sec like in description.

Also ‘Portal Exeunt’ when used lasts around 13secs instead of 20sec like in description.

btw: ‘Temporal Enchanter’ trait doesn’t extand Portal skill(nor entrance or exit). Trait description ‘longer’ is also poorly described.

in Mesmer

Posted by: capric.1896

capric.1896

I’m not confirming either of these two bugs:

After my hiccup last time, I am making sure the bug I’m mentioning is actually there.

1) Master of Misdirection (Illusion Adept) does not affect the duration of Confusion from either Cry of Frustration or Illusionary Retribution. Tested, and retested. Domination’s Condition Duration affects both, but not Master of Misdirection.

My data shows the following durations (I only did low numbers of reps so precision is not very good):
No domination, no equip, no master misdirect – 3.02s
No domination, +10% (2/6 Lyssa) equip, no master misdirect – 3.37s
No domination, +10% (2/6 Lyssa) +4% (2/6 Nightmare), no master misdirect – 3.5s
No domination, +10% (2/6 lyssa) +4% (2/6 Nightmare) +6% (4/6 Nightmare), no master misdirect – 3.9s
+30 domination, +10% (2/6 lyssa) +4% (2/6 Nightmare) +6% (4/6 Nightmare), no master misdirect – 4.8s
+30 domination, +10% (2/6 lyssa) +4% (2/6 Nightmare) +6% (4/6 Nightmare), with master misdirect – 5.7s
No domination, no equip, with master misdirect – 3.98s

So it would appear that:
1) Master of Misdirection works like it’s supposed to with Cry of Frustration and Illusionary Retribution.
2) 4/6 Nightmare rune bonus is more like 15% rather than 6%.
3) Base confusion duration on Cry of Frustration and Illusionary Retribution is 3s, not 4s as the tooltip indicates.

2) The Trait Confounding Suggestions (Domination Grandmaster XII) would not work for me. Whether I used the shatter Distraction, Mantra of Distraction, or Off-hand sword’s Counter Blade.

It looks like what Confounding Suggestions is doing is giving all dazes a 50% chance to turn into stuns. When you use the stun/daze on the pistol, you can see on the normal daze target that it will sometimes become a 2s stun instead of a 2s daze. So there’s still only one icon there, but it will be a stun instead of a daze; daze and stun have the same icon so perhaps that was the issue?

in Mesmer

MLieBennett.9031

I’ll give Master of Misdirection another look, but I could have sworn it wasn’t working for me.
Edit: Tested again, and I didn’t catch that the initial duration was just 3 seconds, as opposed to 4 seconds as stated in the Wiki and the Tooltip. >.> And thats in the bug list already. Sorry.

And that may be the issue on Confounding Suggestions. I thought there was a different icon, and I was trying to use 1 second Dazes which are hard to catch.

(edited by MLieBennett.9031)