[Mesmer] List of bugged abilities and traits.

in Mesmer

Posted by: nononsense.9180

nononsense.9180

I didn’t see it in the first post so I have no idea if you already know about this:

Chaos armor from staff #4 always gives protection upon activation which I believe is intended (they changed it in beta if I recall correctly).

But if you want to gain chaos armor by using an ethereal combo field with a leap finisher (both MH and OH sword) or a blast finisher (torch) you won’t get any protection at all (unless you get hit and recieve it as a random boon).

in Mesmer

Posted by: bluesme.7814

bluesme.7814

Utility:
4. ’Null Field’ duration is ~5sec instead of 7sec like in skill description.

5. ‘Portal Exeunt’ lasts around 13secs instead of 20sec in description.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlueCheez.4873

BlueCheez.4873

Illusionary Leap around 1/3 of the time will not produce a clone.
The skill will activate in range and nothing will happen. (with less than 3 clones up)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pabo.6958

Pabo.6958

I have noticed a bug with Illusionary Leap, I don’t know if it had been pointed out or not (i just started using the forums, and I didn’t see this while browsing.) I have noticed while in the proper range, but just on the edge of “out of range” your clone will not appear, and the second part of the skill (the actual swap) cannot occur. But skill goes into full cooldown. This is very annoying in pvp when someone is running away, and they ARE in range, but skill does not proc.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Effusion.4831

Effusion.4831

I took Vengeful Images and avoided Signet of Illusions and Phantasmal Fury to test it. After the initial Retaliation boon expires, it never re-applies. Can someone else verify?

Phantasmal Fury prevents Vengeful Images from being applied.
Phantasmal Regeneration prevents Phantasmal Fury and Vengeful Images from being reapplied after they expire (but does not block Signet of Illusions).
Signet of Illusions, Persisting Images, Phantasmal Haste, and Empowered Illusions had no effect on other buffs (although Signet of Illusions does take up to 10 seconds to trigger, as others have noted).
Phantasmal Strength could not be tested alone as it comes after Phantasmal Regeneration.

(edited by Effusion.4831)

in Mesmer

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

This is from testing on the target dummies in Lion’s Arch, so that I’d have a stationary target.

Mirror Blade and Spatial Surge both list their range limit at 1200. By approaching the target with Spatial Surge until it hits, as in at Surge’s max range, the #2 skill Mirror Blade gives an “Out of Reach” error.

So either Mirror Blade is not 1200 range or Surge is greater than 1200 range.

So I tried Winds of Chaos on Staff, also a 1200 range ability. WoC does not hit from the same range as Spatial Surge either. So, my guess is that Spatial Surge’s range is over 1200.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

(edited by etiolate.9185)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nemhy.5230

Nemhy.5230

Mirrored Feedback reflects projectiles done by my party. Hurray! my best utility skill has just been bugged into obsolescence. :P

in Mesmer

Posted by: Scilli.6485

Scilli.6485

Noticed a combo bug earlier while doing Arah.
Chaos armour is not applying correctly to teammates who are in the ethereal field whilst using the the blast finisher from the prestige skill.
When the prestige is used chaos armour is applied to myself but when the prestige ends armour is not always correctly applied to teammates who are within an ethereal field.

in Mesmer

Posted by: lollie.5816

lollie.5816

Hello? Are the Mesmer traits and skills ever going to be fixed?

in Mesmer

Effusion.4831

Noticed a combo bug earlier while doing Arah.
Chaos armour is not applying correctly to teammates who are in the ethereal field whilst using the the blast finisher from the prestige skill.
When the prestige is used chaos armour is applied to myself but when the prestige ends armour is not always correctly applied to teammates who are within an ethereal field.

The purple bubble often fails to appear when the chaos armor buff is applied. Is it possible they’re getting the buff but it’s not being displayed? iirc blast finishers also have a 5 target limit which pets/illusions count toward.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Forum is bugged … can’t edit posts once I log in … have to create a post to be able to edit older posts of mine.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teo.8325

Teo.8325

I noticed that clones in Battle of Khylo (sPvP) hitting boxes instead of enemies.

It’s funny though cause they do 0 damage and they can stay up forever. Once, I was acting like a clone (you know, the “zombie” look hitting the “nothing”) and people didn’t even notice me! It seems that they didn’t put the EXPLOITed target on me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kingkio.8162

kingkio.8162

The Portal Entre, Portal Exuent (in French for some reason, Don’t know if that’s on purpose) sometimes bugs out and does not let me use it during pvp. Noticed it was not on the original list.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alexander.5012

Alexander.5012

I don’t know if I missed this in the thread, but during my spreadsheeting I found a our most damage-developing attack, it was confusing images. At 1,999 power you are supposed to do 1,835 damage for each tic of the channel. Problem is…. it hits for the same damage as the scepter first abillity / sword first abillity.

Is this due to mobs beeing less resistant to physical damage? I don’t know, feels broken tho.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sarabi.8310

Sarabi.8310

Compounding celerity does nothing at all. Not a thing, nada, zip. zilch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nesherke.4956

Nesherke.4956

Not sure if anyone wrote that already but Phantasmal Haste does not work also on the Berserker and the Duelist.

Moreover, on rare occasions i get into walls etc when i swap places with the illusionary leap.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kagenin.5231

kagenin.5231

Clones generated with Deceptive Evasion don’t always take your target. They often go for whatever is closest to them when they spawn.

This has affected me in WvW small-scale skirmishes, where my clones start attacking a near-by normally-passive mob instead of the enemy players trying to tear my lungs out for scouting their holdings.

in Mesmer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Is it just me or is temporal curtain sometimes simply not working?

Very often it is cast (with animation), the spell is on cooldown, but the wall disappears as soon as it is cast.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Mesmer

Posted by: Idus Martiae.7804

Idus Martiae.7804

The purple bubble often fails to appear when the chaos armor buff is applied. Is it possible they’re getting the buff but it’s not being displayed? iirc blast finishers also have a 5 target limit which pets/illusions count toward.

I wonder is this happening inconsistently for people, as I am getting no effect out of chaos armour (staff #4) about 90% of the time in WvW. No purple bubble, no protection added, no boons while raking damage. Is it only supposed to work while in combat? That may reduce my fail , but even when in combat, I’d say about 75 failure rate.

Also, spatial surge animation is off a lot of the time. i’ll be attacking something in front of me, and the beam is shooting down into the ground, to the left or right. Very confusing if you think an enemy has popped up beside you when they haven’t.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AnubisXy.5713

AnubisXy.5713

This has affected me in WvW small-scale skirmishes, where my clones start attacking a near-by normally-passive mob instead of the enemy players trying to tear my lungs out for scouting their holdings.

Nothing like having your clones start attacking random mobs and pulling them into combat with you when you already have your hands full. Or dodging and having your clone go crazy attacking a nearby box. That’s terrible aggravating.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Mantra of Recovery underwater, animation and voice glitch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DH1XBUt2xw&feature=youtu.be

I’ve only check the Healing skill part of the first post. Sorry if it was mentionned before.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

OH sword doesn’t get cooldown reduction from 20% recharge reduction trait.

I see a bunch of bugs about iMage in OP. Not sure if intended or not, but phantasms (or iMage specifically) don’t seem to use caster’s stats. Confusion on iMage ALWAYS lasts 9 seconds, regardless of

+ cond duration from domination trait line points
+ cond duration runes
+ cond duration food
+ confusion duration trait

I assume retaliation doesn’t scale with boon extenders either.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

The Portal Entre, Portal Exuent (in French for some reason, Don’t know if that’s on purpose) (…)

Portal Entre and Portal Exeunt aren’t the french names for the skill (french is “Portail d’Entrée” and “Portail de Sortie”). More like latin, or maybe made up words, but almost certainly intentional.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

Phantasmal Defender’s 50% damage transfer is temporary.

Phantasmal Defender’s 50% damage transfer applies to the ENTIRE PARTY.

Time Warp does not prioritize player characters over pets and illusions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

At 1,999 power you are supposed to do 1,835 damage for each tic of the channel.

No, it is rated at 1835 for the full channel.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: frogshake.2419

frogshake.2419

Phase Retreat sometimes teleports me below the map. In Timberline Falls on the lowest platform of the kreait tower Phase Retreat has twice teleported me under the wood planks and got me stuck there with no means of getting free again. Very annoying…

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Scepter 1 auto-attack pauses on the 2nd attack until the projectile from the 1st attack hits the target. Issue documented here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Scepter-is-faster-in-melee/first#post233561

This reduces the DPS of the scepter as the target gets farther away. I don’t think this is the intended behavior for the scepter #1 attack chain.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shaiden.2389

Shaiden.2389

Wanted to add that I think this should be added to the bug list for sceptor.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Scepter-is-faster-in-melee/first#post236072

in Mesmer

Posted by: Typhoon Blue.3698

Typhoon Blue.3698

I found a bug while I was on my Warrior today. I had the trait “Missile Deflection” and used a shield to block the Mesmer’s #1 scepter ability for all 3 hits. When the third and final projectile landed back on the Mesmer, something interesting happened. I suddenly had my own clone that was casting the Mesmer #1 skill at my opponent. Needless to say, this is amazing. If only I could shatter it.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

I believe “Deceptive Evasion” dodgning will not produce a clone unless you have attacked or were attacked by the enemy, but summoning illussion doesn;t seem to count as attack (at least not for all skills).
What I find peculiar here is that you actually “are” in combat since weapon swap cooldown goes into “combat” mode.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fanolian.8415

Fanolian.8415

After the few updates to mesmers in today’s patch, is there any news regarding Phantasmal Healing? It is severely limiting my choice of traits to my phantasms build. I would like some status updates even if the current behaviour is intended.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Focus:
+iWarden:
Even if he’s not necessarily supposed to move, he moves towards his target at a ~900 range and starts his attack then.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

“Portal” will randomly fail, even though the portal gets created for both entry and exit.

There’s a range limit. Wiki says it’s radar range. I don’t know what it the default size for the mini map.. I wish I didn’t make it bigger, so I’d know my range for portal entre..

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Mesmer

Posted by: option.8974

option.8974

I still occasionally get clipped into the ground with Phantasmal Retreat. It’s starting to make me reluctant to use this move, despite how good it is.

@Cherrie: Yeah, you’re only considered in combat when either you hit something or you get hit. Summoning a phantasm doesn’t count as being in combat until they hit something.

So what’s possible is to Summon Sword 5, Swap, and Summon Staff 3 and 2. You won’t have the cool down associated with swapping mid-combat.

Again, Decceptive Evasion won’t generate a clone, until you either get hit, or hit something.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

On the flip side, you can go into combat from fall damage. If you roll before you go out of combat, you get lolol clones without an enemy in sight. It’s kind of funny.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Arcane Thievery will not steal all the boons from your opponent, nor will it remove all conditions.. This can be tested by having an opponent wear the 6 piece superior runes of lyssa and use their elite skill (Ttis will give them all boons), then using Arcane Thievery. It will not take all their boons, but only some (?4?) of them.

Here is a video showing Arance Thievery failing to remove all conditions:

Edit: Forum stripped the time offset. Skip to 4m 14s. (&t=4m14s)

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in Mesmer

Posted by: ClinkyDink.9364

ClinkyDink.9364

Human Female Scepter Animation Bug

I’ll add this here because I don’t know which other classes use this animation.

The animation for Scepter #3, Confusing Images, is glitched for human females.

The character swings her arm around and points the scepter at the target, but from the beginning of the animation the scepter floats oddly beyond her hand.

Listing this as a bug because:
-Human males maintain their grasp on the scepter.
-The scepter does not spin as our other floating weapon animation implies would be proper (Greatsword.)
-The hand is positioned as if it were grasping something.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

I am at the character limit in the main post … so I am basically prioritizing bugs that are brought up and deleting them as soon as fixes are in to make room for new ones.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exploding Acorn.3754

Exploding Acorn.3754

I’ve noticed that every time I sink an enemy with Illusion of Drowning from the trident both my auto-attack and my clones’ attack will damage and apply confusion onto me instead of a buff when it bounces off of the sinking enemy.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Six.8051

Six.8051

utilities that create clones at 1200 range don’t always create clones at that range. anyone can test this by standing max range to a target with your character just in range to where you start seeing damage numbers instead of “out of range”, then pop mirror images or decoy, and no clones will appear despite being within the 1200 range when you activated those abilities. most commonly occurs on boss fights from what i’ve noticed.

(edited by Six.8051)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aethan.6457

Aethan.6457

I am at the character limit in the main post … so I am basically prioritizing bugs that are brought up and deleting them as soon as fixes are in to make room for new ones.

You could trim this:

This one I don’t know if it is a bug or intended … but when the change occurred so that range checks were made on clone/phantasm creation … players were also given the ability to evade our ability to summon said clone/phantasm. If our clones/phantasms couldn’t be countered by walking away, being killed, or CCed I would guess intended … but given that this is not the case I just had to ask.

down to

Players are able to evade our ability to summon a clone/phantasm

Then you’d have room to mention Illusion of Drowning, which desperately needs fixing – 20% of our trident skills are not safe to use.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quam.7218

Quam.7218

Illusionary Whaler – looks like a phantasm but does damage like a clone, does not grant rgeneration (from Phatasmal Healing), does not have Fury (from Phantasmal Fury).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Illusionary Whaler – looks like a phantasm but does damage like a clone, does not grant rgeneration (from Phatasmal Healing), does not have Fury (from Phantasmal Fury).

instead of direct damage, is causes 3 stacks of bleeding each attack.
Fury is cancelled from retaliation, retaliation is cancelled from regeneration. Regeneration only applies after 5~6s and if you’re close to it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I wonder is this happening inconsistently for people, as I am getting no effect out of chaos armour (staff #4) about 90% of the time in WvW. No purple bubble, no protection added, no boons while raking damage. Is it only supposed to work while in combat? That may reduce my fail , but even when in combat, I’d say about 75 failure rate.

I believe this is by design. It would sorta suck to use clones for deception when you are the one with the big purple bubble — attack the bubbled mesmer ftw!

This is a big deal with the staff because you can put up chaos armor a LOT (staff 4, staff 5 + 2, Null Field + Staff 2, etc).

You can see the chaos armor icon on yourself so you know it’s working.

If not having the bubble graphic is a bug, then I DON’T want it fixed.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Plavski.4092

Plavski.4092

Using blink on the move freezes your model in position – human female. This bug appeared recently.

in Mesmer

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

The third chain on the ‘1’ skill for the Scepter is bugged, in the description it states, “Shoot out a third bolt that CONFUSES your target.” This would make perfect sense for a Scepter because Scepter builds are built around confusion, however the attack does NOT confuse your target, it only does direct damage.

This is actually quite annoying for confusion based builds as confusion stacks can fall off very very quickly(3-4 seconds) if you cannot add to them.

I think the clone that it summons is supposed to place confusion on the mobs?? It does no damage, but it only puts on one stack of confusion, then reapplies it after it wears off. Three clones can keep someone, or something, permanently confused (with albeit) one stack of confusion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aethan.6457

Aethan.6457

I think the clone that it summons is supposed to place confusion on the mobs?? It does no damage, but it only puts on one stack of confusion, then reapplies it after it wears off. Three clones can keep someone, or something, permanently confused (with albeit) one stack of confusion.

You got the ‘no damage’ part right, but you can spam scepter 1 as long as you like and there’ll never be any confusion on the target.

Now trident clones on the other hand… they definitely cause confusion. 3 of them can keep a constant 11-12 stacks on a target. I’d be happy if ArenaNet split the difference and let scepter and trident clones both maintain around 4-5 confusion. Cue howls of protest from the PvPers… ; )

in Mesmer

Effusion.4831

You could put in a link to a different post (or a google doc) to give yourself more space.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tulki.1458

Tulki.1458

Another point for 1H sword skil “Illusionary Leap”:

If you use this skill while out of the illusion’s leaping range, it does absolutely nothing (doesn’t even summon the illusion) and goes on cooldown. I don’t know if this is really a bug or by design, but it’s pretty strange that you can blow the skill and have nothing happen at all.

It’s inconsistent with some other illusions, like the duelist. The duelist will actually stick to his target and continue firing if they move around, so why won’t the illusionary warrior move into range before leaping instead of failing instantly?

in Mesmer

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

Trident:

Discovered this today.

Clones are not supposed to override phantasms, but today, I was killing a champ mob, and had three mariners out and cast Spinning Revenge to get the retaliation buff.

Well, I got it, but the CLONE overrode one of my mariners.