[Mesmer] List of bugged abilities and traits.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

^

Working as intended. Clones will replace a phantasm if you have 3 phantasms out (e.g. it has no clone to replace).

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dixa.6017

Dixa.6017

OP needs to be updated.

just did some testing in the mists. phantasmal haste does not affect ANY phantasms. at all.

don’t bother with this trait for now

in Mesmer

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

Needing Confirmation:
Anyone else getting Armor Damage when their Clone in Downed State dies? Or is it just me?

I’ve been wondering where I have been getting Equipment Damage from, when I am Downed but Rally, and it seems to come from a Downed Clone.

@Dixa
I’m not getting that same result, Dixa. Phantasmal Haste is still increasing the Skill Use per time for me, outside the exceptions of a certain few Phantasms.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

(edited by MLieBennett.9031)

in Mesmer

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

^

Working as intended. Clones will replace a phantasm if you have 3 phantasms out (e.g. it has no clone to replace).

incorrect.

Clones should never override a phantasm, as phantasms are our primary source of DPS.

Go to the mists and test it with scepter and three phantasms. The clone on the auto attack will spawn but instantly shatter. It will not replace or override a phantasm.

However, the trident 3* ability does.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quam.7218

Quam.7218

I also noticed many times that clones replace phantasms.

Had 3 Illusionary duelists summoned and used Illusionary Leap, a clone appeared and replaced one of my phantasms.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kaigai.1674

kaigai.1674

I think I found another bug.

Phantasm Strength seems to be not working at all. The 15% bonus does nothing to boost my phantasm’s damage.

Can someone else test and verify this for me please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zocura.4039

Zocura.4039

^

incorrect.

Clones should never override a phantasm, as phantasms are our primary source of DPS.

Go to the mists and test it with scepter and three phantasms. The clone on the auto attack will spawn but instantly shatter. It will not replace or override a phantasm.

But that is only the scepter. They do that because otherwise it would be pointless to ever have 3 phantasms. The scepter spawns clones as part of the main attack rotation, thus an unavoidable occurance. With any other weapon, you need to actively cast to cause a clone to activate.

Look at it this way, by making it so that phantasms can’t be overwritten, you are also taking out part of the utility of the mesmer. My prime example is the Illusionary Leap: if you don’t allow the clone to spawn, you won’t be able to swap and get closer to your target and root them.

The abilities are working as intended. If you people are honestly concerned that the clones are overwriting a phantasm when you already have 3 out, maybe you should just not use the ability that causes you to create another clone. And from the point I see it, you should never have 3 phantasms out. Shattering them and the creating another round of 3 illusions is a more effective application; that is considering that it would take a long time for you to build up 3 phantasms and the chance of all of them staying alive.

(edited by Zocura.4039)

in Mesmer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

Duelist’s Discipline trait also doesn’t reduce any pistol skills’ CD.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aethan.6457

Aethan.6457

Duelist’s Discipline trait also doesn’t reduce any pistol skills’ CD.

I can’t reproduce this. Phantasmal Duelist goes from 15 to 12 seconds, Magic Bullet from 25 to 20, and the tooltips update accordingly.

Note that Illusionist’s Celerity also decreases the cooldown on the duelist; if you take both, it reduces to ~9.6 sec, but the tooltip remains at 12. It’s easier to see if you enable “Show Skill Recharge” in the options.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kakkzooka.8460

Kakkzooka.8460

I’m sure this has been mentioned, but it is frustrating that a core ability hasn’t been fixed yet.

Phase Retreat (Skill #2 on the staff) will cause the player to get caught up in the environment when near a body of water, where access to the land or escape through the water is impossible and the only method of correction is to travel to a waypoint. Essentially, the player is confined to a space underwater where there is no escape.

in Mesmer

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

@Zocura

I understand your point. And take it in stride.

However, underwater, I use the 3* skill on the trident for the retaliation buff and nothing more. I don’t want/need a clone in this instance, and would much rather have the illusionary mariners. The rapid attack spikes for up to 3k, why would I want a 0 damage dealing clone over that?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

@Aethan.6457

Ah, I see what’s going on, Duelist’s Discipline reduces the CD number on skill description while Illusionist Celerity’s effect can be noticed only if I turn CD Recharge on.

Sorry for the confusion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: vutak.3186

vutak.3186

Empowered Illusions (Domination 10) 15% illusion damage and Phantasmal Strength (Inspiration 25) 15% phantasm damage : Traits do not stack, pick one or the other or both it wont change damage = 15% boost instead of 30%

The quoted post is from two weeks ago, but I just got done doing a little testing in Mists on target dummies, with Phantasmal Disenchanter. It was a tiny sample (n=~50) but very consistent across armor types, and I noticed a few things:

- Empowered Illusions (Domination 10) alone gave +20% damage, not +15%.
- Phantasmal Strength (Inspiration 25) alone gave +15%, as advertised.
- Both traits together gave +39% damage.

It looks like not only do these two traits stack, but (1) Empowered Illusions is stronger than the tooltip indicates, and (2) they may even stack multiplicatively, not additively. Nice little perk.

In any case, the important bit appears to be (1), anyhow. That may need to be corrected… either the tooltip or the effect. But maybe I’ll try testing some more and see if the discrepancy holds up in the long run.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zocura.4039

Zocura.4039

@Zocura

However, underwater, I use the 3* skill on the trident for the retaliation buff and nothing more. I don’t want/need a clone in this instance, and would much rather have the illusionary mariners. The rapid attack spikes for up to 3k, why would I want a 0 damage dealing clone over that?

I think you might just be looking at it from the wrong perspective, then. Just because the Illusionary Mariners do more damage, doesn’t make for a just qualification. It’s a trade off. You know it’s going to happen, so you will just have to make the best of it. Playing for just pure damage is a silly way to go about this game. Do you want the retaliation more? Or the 3k damage? Mesmer isn’t a simple class to play, and you need to understand your priorities. Besides, just recast the spell and you have it back.

I’m not trying to make a jab at you or your playing style, I’m just trying to explain that they can’t make “exceptions” just because someone wants to deal a bit more damage. This game, as I find it, isn’t about optimizing how much damage you can do if a given period of time, but rather how well you can deal damage while compromising to stay alive.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vitalian.3251

Vitalian.3251

Hey guys, I was playing around with a torch in WvW tonight and it seemed to me that Phantasmal Mage was not proccing retaliation. Has anybody else noticed this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fanolian.8415

Fanolian.8415

incorrect.

I tested in the mists, but scepter#1 still replaces the oldest phantasms if you have 3 phantasms out already. It is how clone, from any means, works currently.

“Phantasms will no longer be replaced by new illusions if there is a Clone that can be replaced instead”
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/yjttc/synchronised_emotes_are_coming_back/
This change is implemented around Aug 21, few days before release.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

im not sure if this has been fixed but i noticed in WvW i was fighting a mesmers with map completion and was able to pick her out of her clones because the clones didnt have the star the original one had

~Caedas~

in Mesmer

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

Cuddlebunneh you have the most adorable Asura in game. Just saying. Derptastic.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Luka.6831

Luka.6831

I noticed that using Blink while on auto-run will make your character model “glide” after the teleport instead of walk normally. Press the auto-run button and then use Blink with your mouse, and you will see what I mean.

Also wanted to say that trait “Vengeful Images” doesnt work, but then I saw this was already noted in the opening post (1.“Phantasmal Fury” blocks the Retaliation boon of “Vengeful Images”)

i5-2500K, P8Z68 V-Pro/Gen3, Win7 Enterprise x64;
Gigabyte GTX 560ti OC, 1920×1080 Dell 2312HM;
WD Caviar Black 500GB, Kingston V+200 60GB SSD;

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jerrah.8256

Jerrah.8256

Gonna add this here considering I’ve only seen it happen on my mesmer…

All my major trait slot selections get reset every time I enter the Heart of the Mists. Even if I reselect the traits, head to Lion’s Arch (for example), and return to the mists…they still get reset. Anyone run into this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

I don’t know if this is intended or a bug but here it is :
Illusionary Elasticity (providing an additional bounce) does not allow so on staff clones (what a shame ! ^^)

in Mesmer

Posted by: RaoZaoku.5289

RaoZaoku.5289

Blurred Frenzy, according to the skill, is supposed to hit 8 times.
It only hits 4 times at the moment.
Also for traits like confusing combatants and sharper images don’t apply their effects when you shatter your clones.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Is warden MEANT to be a stationary phantasm?

Before you say “yes” – if Warden is meant to be stationary, why does it follow an enemy if they move out of line of sight? – It’s behaving as a ranged attacker yet attacks in melee

Doesn’t seem like it’s working as intended

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Before you say “yes” – if Warden is meant to be stationary, why does it follow an enemy if they move out of line of sight? – It’s behaving as a ranged attacker yet attacks in melee

If iWarden moved around I’d be rather annoyed. I don’t want to chase it to be protected by its Reflection.

in Mesmer

Ryuujin.8236

If iWarden moved around I’d be rather annoyed. I don’t want to chase it to be protected by its Reflection.

If it’s meant to be used as a defensive position (ie. it stands there, reflects projectiles, and hits anyone who tries close to melee), why does it spawn in melee range of the enemy, instead of defensive range of you?

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

No, the iWarden does not move while attacking. But during its cool-down.
Within a ~900 range (or like the previous poster said) it follows the target. Sadly, it just follows until a ~900 range and start attacking “from there” again.

Technically this is a bug. The warden is either meant to follow its target at a ~200 range (just between its attacks, like all phantasms). Or it’s meant to be stationary and mustn’t ever must its spot (by its own).

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

incorrect.

Incorrect? You realize that almost every single clone generating ability a Mesmer has functions as I stated, right?

in Mesmer

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

This isnt a ability bug or anything, but the 100% exploration symbol apparently is visible to enemies therefore the main function of the class which is deception is easily noticable. This is pretty huge in spvp and wvw especially in downed state.

So could we either get a toggle to show/hide this or remove this from our character

in Mesmer

Posted by: Boggler.7519

Boggler.7519

Blurred Frenzy
About two patches back I could move forward while using this skill, albeit not very far but it was useful when people tried to back away from me while I was using what equates to be one of the stronger skills in the Mesmer melee build.
Now it seems that BF has gone totally stationary?!

If you “push through” while using this skill it now cancels the remaining duration. IE cancels the skill. So with this change instituted we must run up on our enemy, ask them nicely to stay still at 130 range and continue to stay still for 2.5 seconds while we use this non-channeled channeled skill.

Let the warrior and thief dance around invincible spamming high damage but make the Mesmer stand still.

This current change makes Sword very weak. Prior to the change I was able to run a full melee invis build in sPVP very similar to a thief. Now I am left with this skill as an opener

The only stationary non channeled skill in the game?

I’ve decided to stop doing what I am capable of doing and instead do what I love most.

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

1. It is a channeled skill.

2. Channeling is not correlated with break-on-move. For example, the Warrior Axe1 (third attack) and Axe5 both channel while moving. Warrior GS2 channel breaks on movement.

3. Pretty sure Blurred Frenzy is working as intended.

4. Use in combination with iLeap / Swap to make the target stick in place while you blenderize.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dolmur.2573

Dolmur.2573

Illusion of Life: It appears that this skill is intended to put an effected player back into downed state with the possibility of being res’d after it completes. However, the ability will sporadically instantly kill (cannot be res’d) the affected player both when the spell first takes effect and when it ends. It appears this may happen when the player takes damage right as the spell goes off.

It’s rather disconcerting to instantly kill a teammate instead of res’ing him in sPvP!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Somna.5168

Somna.5168

Blurred Frenzy
About two patches back I could move forward while using this skill, albeit not very far but it was useful when people tried to back away from me while I was using what equates to be one of the stronger skills in the Mesmer melee build.
Now it seems that BF has gone totally stationary?!

If you “push through” while using this skill it now cancels the remaining duration. IE cancels the skill. So with this change instituted we must run up on our enemy, ask them nicely to stay still at 130 range and continue to stay still for 2.5 seconds while we use this non-channeled channeled skill.

Let the warrior and thief dance around invincible spamming high damage but make the Mesmer stand still.

This current change makes Sword very weak. Prior to the change I was able to run a full melee invis build in sPVP very similar to a thief. Now I am left with this skill as an opener

The only stationary non channeled skill in the game?

This has always required me to stand still. Been using sword since early start, and would accidentally move out of this sometimes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: xhenya.3871

xhenya.3871

Blink has failed me a many times when i am on the edge of something(lets say canyon) to teleport to the other edge that is fully accessible if i just walk there and is in my sight. It would teleport me even closer to the edge im on. I use this in pvp too and the same happened there. It also happens when im trying to teleport below cuz im not trying to lose health or die. And yes the teleport icon thingy on the ground would be green.

Also if i where to move while using blink….i would teleport and then my character would stay comepletly still but would still move in the same direction i was going. It would fix when i would change direction tho.

(edited by xhenya.3871)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dixa.6017

Dixa.6017

@Zocura

not sure this is an issue, either. in what situation is your fight so long that you have 3 mariners out? i go trident clone, trident phantasm, spear mariner. mob usually dead before i swap back to trident. for vets, or ANYTHING in orr that is goign to follow me i never leave trident because the mariner is useless against moving mobs.

i guess an underwater event you would have 3 mariners out, but in such a event why would you need the self retaliation from trident 3?

in Mesmer

MLieBennett.9031

@Dixa
Because Spinning Revenge (Trident Skill #3) is an AoE Retaliation for allies (including clones/phantasms) and not just yourself.

That said, I’ve got to say I am happy with how the Phantasms and Clones replacement works so far. Clone Skills (Not Deceptive Evasion) replacing the oldest Phantasm when three Phantasms are out works for me, as I do like the Clones and like a way to get at least one out if I have 3 Phantasms out without shattering or hoping one to die.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solesaver.8764

Solesaver.8764

Scepter bug. Clones with the scepter out only do the first part of the 3 hit combo repeatedly. This makes them impossible to mimic, and really obviously the clones. The MH-Sword clones do a full cycle leading me to believe this is a bug.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fanolian.8415

Fanolian.8415

Illusion of Life: It appears that this skill is intended to put an effected player back into downed state with the possibility of being res’d after it completes. However, the ability will sporadically instantly kill (cannot be res’d) the affected player both when the spell first takes effect and when it ends. It appears this may happen when the player takes damage right as the spell goes off.

It’s rather disconcerting to instantly kill a teammate instead of res’ing him in sPvP!

I don’t use this skill. But according to its description, it is an AoE version of warrior’s downed#3 Vengeance, not the way you described.

in Mesmer

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

Despite functioning like a bouncing attack, Phantasmal Mage’s attack does not gain any extra bounces from the Elasticity trait.

edit: It seems that the bounces are based between you and the Phantasm, but do not bounce off the the player more than once. So if you place four targets between you and the phantasm, it would bounce off the four targets. If there is just one target between you and the phantasm, it will bounce once.

It is hard to tell if elasticity is adding any extra bounces. I still get four bounces max when testing on the bunched Golems in the Mists. The only changes that occur are due to my positioning relative to the targets and the Phantasm.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

(edited by etiolate.9185)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Six.8051

Six.8051

When Mesmer Illusions die or are shattered, the weapons they hold remain visible and float in the air for about 2-3 seconds after the illusion is gone. This visual bug began to occur after the larger patch earlier today (10/1).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Delofasht.4231

Delofasht.4231

According to Oct. 1st patch notes the cooldown on Illusionary Riposte should be affected by the trait Blade Training, however now has a 14 second cooldown while showing 12 seconds according to the tooltip. Further, it appears that utilizing the Blade Training Trait brings this cooldown to approximately 11.2 seconds, which would mean it is in fact being affected by the Trait, but not by the passive bonus from Illusionary Celerity.

Since it creates an illusion, it should in fact be affected by Illusionary Celerity if I am understanding the passive trait correctly. (and would match the tooltip I’m reading of 12 sec cooldown with Illusionary Celerity)

“I’m sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.”
- Dr. Alfred Lanning, fictional character of great intellect.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I would like to report a bug with Scepter #1.

Being both ranged and a chain attack, it seems the button will only “flip” to the next ability once the previous shot connected.
In other words there is a delay, based on distance to the target.
Considering how no other weapon chain in the game has this problem (none else is chain + projectile), I can’t really think this is intended behaviour, because it affects the damage and clone output of the weapon quite substantially.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not.
Have anyone else noticed you can poison mobs that are supposed to be immune to poison with the feedback bubble?
I’ve had it happen with some hylek shooting poison projectiles into the bubble and poisoning themselves. While I find it quite funny, I’m not sure if this is intended or

in Mesmer

Ryuujin.8236

New bug: Focus 2: Phantasmal Warden + Illusion trait: Phantasmal haste

Since the October 1st patch “fix” to warden attacking too fast, it’s now flip-flopped the bug the other way; Warden now attacks too slowly. With phantasmal haste it’s attack rate goes from 14 down 12.4 seconds (~12% faster attack rate), instead of the expected 20% faster(11.2 seconds).

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

MLieBennett.9031

New bug: Focus 2: Phantasmal Warden + Illusion trait: Phantasmal haste

Since the October 1st patch “fix” to warden attacking too fast, it’s now flip-flopped the bug the other way; Warden now attacks too slowly. With phantasmal haste it’s attack rate goes from 14 down 12.4 seconds (~12% faster attack rate), instead of the expected 20% faster(11.2 seconds).

CD doesn’t start, until after the Weapon Skill finishes. The I.Warden’s Whirl lasts about 5 seconds, I believe. Thus, the actual CD is 9 seconds, or 7.4 seconds if you factor in the Illusions’ 1.6 second delay to toggling a skill. 7.4 * 80% (Phantasmal Haste) is then roughly 6 seconds.

6 seconds + 5 seconds whirl + 1.6 seconds skill delay for Illusions is 12.6 seconds total.

In other words, the time the Phantasmal Haste traited I.Warden takes from the start of one Whirl to the next.

New Bug: Illusions have a 1.6 seconds Delay from using skills.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

Bug: Illusionary Riposte recharge is not decreased by Illusionist’s Celerity.
If I have illusionists celerity, the recharge tooltip on Illusionary riposte decreases from 15 sec to 12 but the actual recharge when used is 15 sec (regardless of whether you block and spawn a clone or use the daze).

Is any of this getting fixed? Like the stupid delay on scepter where character waits for the shot to hit?

(edited by ManCaptain.3154)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Robotsonik.4935

Robotsonik.4935

When Mesmer Illusions die or are shattered, the weapons they hold remain visible and float in the air for about 2-3 seconds after the illusion is gone. This visual bug began to occur after the larger patch earlier today (10/1).

Noticed this too. After shattering my staff and warden illusions, I had floating weapons just sitting in place. Very odd. And it did indeed start happening after yesterday’s (10/1) patch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Devicus.8326

Devicus.8326

I was going to say this too. It’s not a game breaker.

More annoyed that the inspiration minor traits are still over writing each other and the duelist trait for fury on phants. Cannot wait until my phantasms do proper damage and at least hurt my enemy a little when they pop them and they actually have fury. Frustrating in the mean time that we’re only getting bug fixes which nerf and none of the ones which would bring us back up at the same time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

phantasmal mage doesn’t benefit from condition duration from runes or traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

Spear:
Feign often fails to teleport you back to your starting location, instead leaving you at the end of your attack or partways through your attack. It sometimes succeeds only for the player to rubberband back after teleporting.

Feign does not maintain relative camera angle, making it very disorienting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: bwuki.2175

bwuki.2175

phantasmal swordsman doesnt work for me, at all

Brotherhood of the Butterfly
Voted “most likely to die/fail” by peers