[Mesmer] List of bugged abilities and traits.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Netfools.3640

Netfools.3640

Interestingly enough this pages was bugged when I first loaded it lol.

I was wondering if anyone was having any issues with Signet of Illusions and Persisting Images? I have both and my phantasms can only take barely two hits from mobs that are my level and lower, even if I’m deleveled for that area. The first hit almost kills them and the second hit does them in for sure.

It may be working as intended, but I would think that stacking HP for phantasms would make them at least noticeably tougher.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Signet of Illusions takes about 4-5 seconds to apply to the illusions. Start off combat with a clone to take the hit for the phantasm to survive. Also, use other CC to give the phantasm breathing room.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

This one is of some importance I guess, because if it is not acknowledged, a “fix” for something else might accidentally hurt the responsiveness of the class a lot.

Found this on the guru forums, so I’ll just quote it:

“With Vengeful Images, your Phantasms attack immediately upon cast. Normally, or without the trait, the Phantasms have a slight delay. With the trait, they attack upon summon. The difference in effectiveness is pretty noticeable. With the Vengeful Images trait, Berserker becomes a very reliable cripple. With the trait, Warlock will manage to get its cast off before it blows up to a nearby fart. With the trait, Warden gets its attack off and traited reflect off when the Mesmer casts its spell. It turns Swordsman into a very reliably timed damage spike.”

As you see, only traiting the phantasm boons will make the phantasms work correctly. And as all those traits themselves are (hopefully) subject to a revision, I really hope they don’t end up broken.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Netfools.3640

Netfools.3640

Signet of Illusions takes about 4-5 seconds to apply to the illusions. Start off combat with a clone to take the hit for the phantasm to survive. Also, use other CC to give the phantasm breathing room.

So it is bugged then. It should take effect immediately when they are summoned.

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

So it is bugged then. It should take effect immediately when they are summoned.

Yes — it’s in the list on the first page .

in Mesmer

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

Since the last patch, my ranged Warlock and Duelist Phantasms have started moving into melee range to attack. Sometimes they materialize in melee range even if I summon them from ranged.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Redfox.7890

Redfox.7890

It’s been posted elsewhere but I’ll add this to the list. Illusions don’t show the World Explorer Completion (or I believe Commander) icon while the Mesmer does, allowing the real Mesmer to identified instantly.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

Apparently there is a new bug for Mantras underwater after the last “Fix” for them. After charging, there is 3 seconds where you can not use non-Instant Skills.

Basically the “Fix” was to make casting Mantras underwater 7 seconds, with 3 of which we can still dodge but not use any non-instant skills.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leuddian.3057

Leuddian.3057

Not sure if anyone brought this up but it’s been around for weeks:

Far-reaching manipulation allows Blink to be used underwater. The “traited” version of Blink doesn’t have the “no water” sign and can be forceably equipped underwater (the game will show X over the skill during selection but you can equip it).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phaedrus.7159

Phaedrus.7159

Scepter:

• Ether Clone does not confused

Slot:

• Mimic does not reflect first projectile during channel

in Mesmer

Posted by: Skov.2795

Skov.2795

I am having issues with phantasmal healing not working at all after the latest patch.

On the other hand vengeful images now seems to refresh every 10 seconds, this thereby makes the 15 point in inspiration completely worthless, this was observed in PvE using the staff.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yuumei.1687

Yuumei.1687

Decoy doesn’t seem to work for me at times; I activate the skill, spawn a clone, yet do not become invisible throughout the entire process.

in Mesmer

MLieBennett.9031

Decoy doesn’t seem to work for me at times; I activate the skill, spawn a clone, yet do not become invisible throughout the entire process.

Some monsters/bosses have a debuff that will make you immediately shown as it drops you from Stealth. In fact, they can even place it AFTER you turn invisible.

Its very annoying.

(edited by MLieBennett.9031)

in Mesmer

MLieBennett.9031

New Bug as of Oct 7: Illusion Trait for Shatter Reduction at 30 no longer gives 30% off CD for Shatter skills. Its around 23% off >.>;

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

Cuddlebunneh you have the most adorable Asura in game. Just saying. Derptastic.

o.o thank you

~Caedas~

in Mesmer

Posted by: capric.1896

capric.1896

New Bug as of Oct 7: Illusion Trait for Shatter Reduction at 30 no longer gives 30% off CD for Shatter skills. Its around 23% off >.>;

Yeah, weird. Looks like with 30 Illusions Distortion is taking 46.1 seconds to recharge. Very weird.

in Mesmer

Posted by: HypnoticEyes.2683

HypnoticEyes.2683

trait 8 in the inspiration line, trait 4 in duelling line don’t affect the illusions changed in the patch anymore (should get a 20% cd reduction)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Diethro.7608

Diethro.7608

Horrible bug, Mind Stab is not a blast finisher… :C Was gonna post what the guy above me said, but he beat me to it by a few hours…
Also, it may just be something on my end, but I swear I have repeatedly had times where “Illusionary Leap” just doesn’t go off. Most often when I’m chasing someone. Can dodge rolling make it “miss” and not go off?

E: Didn’t actually read the “general bugs” thing, answered my own question on that.

(edited by Diethro.7608)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelo.4370

Kelo.4370

Mesmer portal is currently allowing an unlimited number of players to use it, this must be a bug as every other skill in this game maxes out at 5.

in Mesmer

Posted by: lollie.5816

lollie.5816

Mesmer portal is currently allowing an unlimited number of players to use it, this must be a bug as every other skill in this game maxes out at 5.

It’s not limited by aoe, it’s limited by time.

in Mesmer

MLieBennett.9031

New Bug Report:
Staff’s Winds of Chaos (1-skill) is easily blocked by obstacles. Sometimes even when there are none.

Its a lesson in aggravation in trying to kill the Blossoms in TA with the staff. Not to mention the times seeing Obstacle appear when near max range with the staff. Thats not even thinking about trying to use it in WvWvW against someone on the walls.

(Note this is not about the Clones’ Winds of Chaos which still uses the old and even more prone to being blocked version. Stupid ground travelling bolt that can’t go upwards.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: EternalFlamez.9025

EternalFlamez.9025

Sometimes when using the first torch offhand skill (4), it does not grant invisibility, rather, you just stay visible while channeling it, rendering it almost completely useless.

Officer of the facepunch.com guild, Gandara Department.
(At approx 300 members)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

The OP isn’t updating this at all… Could we get a different sticky?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Souto.2157

Souto.2157

Re-post here from other thread

Sorry about my english, it isn`t my first language so i make some silly mistakes.

I have a problem with my Pistol #4!!

The problem is this one, there is a small red line below skills that show us when we are in range of something right?

The problem is that when i move almost of range but still no red line (one step back red line one forward no line) if i use summon Phantasmal Duelist, the skill start the full cooldown but the Phantasmal don`t come alive…

Don`t know if this is a bug or not, someone can tell me please?

Btw don’t know if this matter but i have the trait that give 20% Pistol Range!!!

Thanks

(Didn’t find a post about that, i realy tried)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Somna.5168

Somna.5168

The OP isn’t updating this at all… Could we get a different sticky?

The Reply/Edit/etc buttons don’t reliably come up and there’s a 5001 character limit on posts, so he may be unable to edit in anything at all. (He previously mentioned not being able to add more because of this.)

That’s why the Necro version has multiple reserved posts at the beginning of the thread, so a different sticky would be a really good idea regardless.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

the trait blade training does not affect offhand swords being wielded…. please fix this.

in Mesmer

Posted by: dippy.8961

dippy.8961

Staff skill – Chaos Armor : The animation isn’t always visible. Not a mechanical bug, but I wind up taking my eyes off of combat to see if it actually kicked on.

Dragonknights of Ascalon [DoA]
Level 80 – Everything
www.yaksbend.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sylviir.5273

Sylviir.5273

I have a new bug I don’t think anyone has reported yet regarding Portal Entre and Portal Exeunt, in addition to the tooltip on Exeunt:

The portal created by Portal Entre will never last any longer than 60 seconds; Portal Exeunt’s lifetime is always 10 seconds, regardless of how long ago Portal Entre was cast. This means that, if you cast Portal Exeunt within 50 to 60 seconds after casting Portal Entre, your Portal Entre portal will disappear part of the way through the Portal Exeunt’s lifetime. The result of this is that your Portal Exeunt becomes completely and unexpectedly unusable.

Really, really annoying in WvW, when you’re in real trouble and you think you have a means of escape but nope, your Portal Entre disappeared so you’re standing on a pretty, shining patch of ground waiting for a teleport opportunity that you’re not going to get. (It’d also be nice to have a visible timer on the portal’s lifetime so we can tell when it’s going to expire, like maybe a buff…)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

>> The OP isn’t updating this at all… Could we get a different sticky?

There is nothing to update. No changes have been made nor has anyone actually provided any information for these so-called bugs. Heck, many of the things being reported are either 1) Not bugs, 2) Things reported already in the thread, 3) Things already reported in other classes bug lists (like the stealth bug).

I have a 5001 character limit, so I am not going to put anything up that is Already reported or nothing more then some random claim with no supporting information.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

I have a new bug I don’t think anyone has reported yet regarding Portal Entre and Portal Exeunt, in addition to the tooltip on Exeunt:

The portal created by Portal Entre will never last any longer than 60 seconds; Portal Exeunt’s lifetime is always 10 seconds, regardless of how long ago Portal Entre was cast. This means that, if you cast Portal Exeunt within 50 to 60 seconds after casting Portal Entre, your Portal Entre portal will disappear part of the way through the Portal Exeunt’s lifetime. The result of this is that your Portal Exeunt becomes completely and unexpectedly unusable.

Really, really annoying in WvW, when you’re in real trouble and you think you have a means of escape but nope, your Portal Entre disappeared so you’re standing on a pretty, shining patch of ground waiting for a teleport opportunity that you’re not going to get. (It’d also be nice to have a visible timer on the portal’s lifetime so we can tell when it’s going to expire, like maybe a buff…)

It’s already in the OP, just more basic. If they look at that issue they will find yours too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Martoz.8675

Martoz.8675

Seems to me that the range of Mirror Blade is bugged:
I was attacking the Nightmare Tree (TA EXP) and with Spatial Surge (1200 range) i could reach him,with Mirror Blade (1200 too) not!
Can someone confirm that?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ravbek.7938

Ravbek.7938

As of last night I noticed that Phase Retreat (#2 staff skill) has gotten even worse. It was only retreating about 20% of the time. Seemed to if I was in melee range or moving it wouldn’t retreat me…standing still not in combat it seems to work all the time.

Cybek – Gunnars Hold
Wipus Frequentus – www.wipus.net
Rock Paper Signet – www.rockpapershotgun.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hargrik.8672

Hargrik.8672

“Deceptive Evasion” does not work when you have some disguise, such as the undead disguise of a heart in Mount Maelstrom.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aethan.6457

Aethan.6457

No changes have been made nor has anyone actually provided any information for these so-called bugs. […] I am not going to put anything up that is Already reported or nothing more then some random claim with no supporting information.

Can I persuade you to add Illusion of Drowning to the OP? It’s a danger to yourself and to your allies, as it causes the target to reflect ranged attacks.

It’s easy enough to test using the underwater golems in HotM:
1. Your trident attacks are reflected and damage you
2. Trident clones’ attacks are reflected and inflict Confusion on them
3. Illusionary Whalers’ attacks are reflected and inflict Bleeding on them

Anecdotal: when fighting underwater bosses (e.g. megalodon), your attacks are reflected when another mesmer uses IoD – it’s fairly easy to spot due to the massive glowing anchor. The point here is that it doesn’t just reflect your own ranged attacks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Luka.6831

Luka.6831

Masterful Reflection (distortion grants reflection) doesnt work with all sources of distortion like Blurred Frenzy (Sword 2). Works only with shattering (F4)

i5-2500K, P8Z68 V-Pro/Gen3, Win7 Enterprise x64;
Gigabyte GTX 560ti OC, 1920×1080 Dell 2312HM;
WD Caviar Black 500GB, Kingston V+200 60GB SSD;

(edited by Luka.6831)

in Mesmer

Luka.6831

Opening post needs to be updated

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

No changes have been made nor has anyone actually provided any information for these so-called bugs. […] I am not going to put anything up that is Already reported or nothing more then some random claim with no supporting information.

Can I persuade you to add Illusion of Drowning to the OP? It’s a danger to yourself and to your allies, as it causes the target to reflect ranged attacks.

It’s easy enough to test using the underwater golems in HotM:
1. Your trident attacks are reflected and damage you
2. Trident clones’ attacks are reflected and inflict Confusion on them
3. Illusionary Whalers’ attacks are reflected and inflict Bleeding on them

Anecdotal: when fighting underwater bosses (e.g. megalodon), your attacks are reflected when another mesmer uses IoD – it’s fairly easy to spot due to the massive glowing anchor. The point here is that it doesn’t just reflect your own ranged attacks.

Done. Thank you.

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

Masterful Reflection (distortion grants reflection) doesnt work with all sources of distortion like Blurred Frenzy (Sword 2). Works only with shattering (F4)

Did you even bother to read the OP?

in Mesmer

Luka.6831

Obviously missed it somehow, no need to be rude =)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

I’ve been busy with other professions, so I don’t know if there is more info on this already somewhere:

When being out of range and using an enemy-targeted skill that spawns a clone/phantasm, the skill will go on full cooldown (without a clone/phantasm spawned of course).

I was happy that they fixed Sword 3 and was looking forward to not having to stare at the UI anymore, aka the little red line on my skill bar, alas I still have to.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Don’t know if this is a bug or what buff Mass Invisibility certainly does NOT stealth everyone, but it also doesn’t stealth the average “5 people AoE.” Sometimes it it stealths like 5 but other times it stealths like 10 people. I don’t know if it’s random or not

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Mesmer

Posted by: Atsuma Lawliet.5829

Atsuma Lawliet.5829

Greatsword #5 illusionary wave seems to be missing on occasion while the target is still in range. The target isn’t dodge rolling, I am not blinded, and I don’t think it’s from lag. This mostly seems to happen against other players in PvP, so it could be some player defense I’m unaware of.
Also, if it could be changed so my allies can’t heal the clone you spawn while downed, that would be great. It’s a nightmare trying to tell someone it’s not you in a PUG dungeon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Prelude.3817

Prelude.3817

Not a bug, it’s the way the game calculates % increase and decrease. It’s not added, it’s progressive. 1% per point makes it:
100%-1%=99%
99%-(1% OF 99%)=98.1%
98.1%-(1% of 98.1%)=97.119%
etc…

basically you “lose” a bit each time you substract 1%.

That’s also the reason Mesmers get only 36% cd reduction on illusion summoning skills with both cd reduction traits (Illusioninst celerity and any weapon specific trait)
100%-20%=80%
80%-20%=64%

That’s also the reason Elementalists don’t have a min 6sec cd on attunement swapping, but 9ish
(should be 60% of 15sec=9sec reduction)

But it works the other way too!
% crit damage bonus is also added as a progression, so you get more than you should (around 34.5% for 30 points in the appropriate trait line, instead of 30)
% condition duration too
% damage too (oO)
everything percentage-y
And it affects traits, runes, sigils, everything with %x added

This is highly uninstinctive and can lead to weird unintentionnaly overpowered bonuses.
They really should change that.

Oh, and clones created from the trait ’Deceptive Evasion" will target the nearest target instead of yours.

(edited by Prelude.3817)

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Taldren:

Greatsword’s Mirror Blade requires LOS at the beginning and end of the cast — almost all other ‘norma’ abilities in the game off the top of my head only require LOS at the end of the cast.

This is problematic and causes Mirror Blade to fail casting while kiting or in short-range combat much more than other abilities. In order to stay mobile and use it successfully you have to spin your char to face them twice while casting, instead of once. Awkward.

in Mesmer

Luka.6831

Oh, and clones created from the trait ’Deceptive Evasion" will target the nearest target instead of yours.

True, is this a bug or intented?

(edited by Luka.6831)

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Probably both.

If the clones only target what you’re targeting, then what would they do when you have no target or a friendly target?

Thus, they target nearest.

However, it would be ideal for them to prioritize <your target> if you have an offensive target, then default to <nearest target> when you don’t.

That said, I vaguely remember them behaving that way … I’m not 100% positive that they are bugged. Would have to test again. Haven’t had DE slotted in a good while.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lumos.3024

Lumos.3024

Staff: Chaotic Retreat regularly (in some instances like Arah and CoF, reliably) gets you stuck inside or under terrain. Often this leaves you with underwater skills, since the whole world rests on water – this leaves you unable to utilize a blink skill to get out, forcing you to relog or port to a spawnpoint. That is if you are able to get out of combat!

Mainhand Sword: Illusionary Leap activated ability Swap cannot handle z-axis terrain, more often than not (read: 50%+) of the time it brings you to a random location unconnected to the location of the clone or the player you’ve targeted while casting it.
This HAS to be fixed for the game to be viable as an E-sport. I suggest summoning the clone on the targeted player initially, leaving it to default sword clone behaviour afterwards.

in Mesmer

Posted by: capric.1896

capric.1896

Not a bug, it’s the way the game calculates % increase and decrease. It’s not added, it’s progressive. 1% per point makes it:
100%-1%=99%
99%-(1% OF 99%)=98.1%
98.1%-(1% of 98.1%)=97.119%
etc…
basically you “lose” a bit each time you substract 1%.
That’s also the reason Mesmers get only 36% cd reduction on illusion summoning skills with both cd reduction traits (Illusioninst celerity and any weapon specific trait)
100%-20%=80%
80%-20%=64%

No, it doesn’t work like that. First of all, 0.99-(0.01*0.99) = 0.99 – 0.0099 = 0.9801. Second, you are basically saying that it’s exponential in that the final recharge rate is 0.99^(shred recharge). But 0.99^30 = 0.7397, and the observed decrease is 0.77. So the numbers don’t match.

Finally, if you time the recharge reduction traits, they’re additive not multiplicative like you are saying. You really do get -40%, not -36%. Phantasmal Swordsman really does have 12s recharge when stacking recharge traits, not 12.8 like you are indicating.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cougarri.6542

Cougarri.6542

I just respecced my Mesmer’s traits and noticed that almost nothing in the Illusions trait path seems to be working. I just did the math and I am getting the bonus 300 condition damage, but the shredding rate is not reflected on my shredding abilities. Illusionists Celerity did not affect either my staff illusions or my sword illusions. Phantasmal Haste did not affect either my Warlock or Berserker. I have not tested some of the others or the passive skills, but I noticed this because I could have sworn I had about a 10sec recharge time on my Warlock if not the Berserker and it’s currently just over 14sec and 16sec respectively.

Upon trying to respec again, just in case it would miraculously fix it, I started by putting traits in the Illusions path first and sure enough it started taking time off the illusions – however it seems as though the recharge times will not drop any lower than 14.5 and 16 sec for the Warlock and Berserker respectively, regardless of adding any more traits (like Staff and Sword 20% traits, or 20% Phantasms) that should reduce them. Same for the clone summoning abilities.

Do they not stack now or is this a bug? Even if it’s not additive to where I see a massive decrease I should still see some kind of change by adding more recharge reduction, right?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marius Verius.2530

Marius Verius.2530

Anet, when can we expect to use our Mesmers as intended?
=( It’s been so long already…