[Mesmer] List of bugged abilities and traits.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

Focus:
“Temporal Curtain” –The vertical range of the courtain is too low. In some jumping puzzles, where the ground is not even, the courtain has no efect since it’s not high enough to get out of the ground.

I know this is such a minor bug, but still…

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Surt.3120

Surt.3120

Ilusionary Leap cooldown is set to 9seconds with or without the 20% time reduction on 1 handed swords skills. The other skills have decreased time, but not this one.
To reproduce it:

Without the trait
use ilusionary Leap
instantly use the jump -> timer for resummon is 9seconds

With the trait, repeat the same -> timer for resummon is 9seconds too

I love the staff for the faster clone factory, I miss that on the sword, that 20% time would be a good addition.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fomivee.3065

Fomivee.3065

I don’t know if it’s bug or working as intended but domination trait that reduces greatsword recharge time doesn’t stack with illusions passive trait for 5 points. So greatsword -20% recharge time is working only on 3 and 5 (because 2 and 4 are already reduced by illusions trait).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rodasta.3124

Rodasta.3124

As already stated ´Null Field´ isn´t doing what it is supposed to do. It only rips 1 boon and 1 condition per second. On top of that it is not lasting the indicated 7 seconds but only 4 seconds. That is only 4 boons removed from enemies(if they stay in the field for 4 seconds) and only 4 conditions remove from allies(if they stay in the field for 4 seconds).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rodasta.3124

Rodasta.3124

The description of ´Phantasmal Disenchanter` is incomplete. It should say: ´Summons an Illusion that shoots bouncing orbs between foes and allies that removes 2 boons from foes and cures 2 conditions from allies , time between casts is 4 seconds number of bounces is (unknown).´

in Mesmer

Posted by: boni.7806

boni.7806

I will not insist on the skill ether bolt and its chain of the scepter which does not apply confusion, I’m sure that sooner or later it will be fixed, but I had a suggestion (if ANet read this post).
How many chain for other professions they apply the conditions in the first 2 cast, and the third is just higher damage.
So why not make that the first two cast cause confusion for about 3/4 seconds, and the third cast the normal clone that cast ether bolt which in turn causes confusion?
So as to make playable the confusion built.
I know that many will say that the mesmer is already quite strong in pvp, but in pve it is unlikely to choose the scepter rather than other weapons, because they really underpowered.
thanks for any consideration

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

@Rodastra
For me Nullfield instantly removes all conditions on me but only one boon from enemies at a time.
iDisenchanter removes all boons and all conditions from me each time it attacks. I had the feeling that the condition removal is in its aoe and the boon removal at the target.

@boni
that’s a beta remnant, before [Confusion] got reworked. Trident and Scepter both applies confusion each attack. Confusion got stronger and removed from auto attack.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fomivee.3065

Fomivee.3065

I can’t edit my last post. But … I think it’s only visual bug. Recharge time on icons is wrong but after using , it properly shows new times.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Baa.4582

Baa.4582

Illusionary counter (scepter #2) still does not benefit from malicious sorcery (scepter -20% recharge).

Since illusionary riposte (sword #4) has been fixed to benefit from blade training (sword -20% recharge), I guess the scepter was just overlooked.

Neither benefits from illusionist’s celerity (illusion skills -20% recharge) even though the tooltips show the recharge reduction.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Effusion.4831

Effusion.4831

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Phantasm-Clone-Trick-3/first#post600195
Apparently you can make phantasms look like clones with mass invis.

in Mesmer

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

quick question, is illusionists celerity supposed to NOT stack with any weapon skill masteries that reduce recharge rate?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aethan.6457

Aethan.6457

castlemanic.3198

is illusionists celerity supposed to NOT stack with any weapon skill masteries that reduce recharge rate?

In most cases it stacks correctly, but the tooltip only displays a 20% redution

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raven.4690

Raven.4690

The utility, Decoy, sometimes doesnt put your character into stealth

80 Mesmer | 80 Engineer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kregi.4937

Kregi.4937

It’s not really a bug, but …

If a Mesmer reached 100% world completion foes in WvWvW and PvP can tell the difference between the real mesmer and his illusions because of the “100% world completion”-star(the star is only shown after the name of the real mesmer)

So no foe would attack illusions anymore, because he can tell which char is the real enemy.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ook.9321

Ook.9321

I see the note about Confusing Combatants not applying on Phantasm death, and I agree. Further though, I think the confusion applied by Confusing Combatants is doing zero damage.

Test: Trait Confusing Combatants, then go pull a veteran mob. Kite it, and do nothing but spawn clones as much as you can (Mirror Images, Deceptive Evasion, etc). Clone death should be the only source of confusion. Note that you will see the confusion condition on the mob. That part works! Also note that you never see a single point of confusion damage hit the mob. Now I know it only lasts 3 seconds, and most of the time that will fall off before the mob swings. Keep trying, let the mob catch you… Am I crazy? I swear it never does any damage. Someone confirm please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: BulldogzLife.2798

BulldogzLife.2798

Greatsword bug:

The summon Illusionary Berserker is able to be cast through line of sight. I haven’t tested on my own Mesmer but I was in WvW on a wall defending by myself against a group. I was well out of line of sight at the rear of the wall but I had Berserkers summoned to attack me multiple times. My enemy was below and could not see me, and I did not move forward to place myself in their line of sight.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sun.2317

Sun.2317

As others have mentioned, sometimes the chaos armor animation isn’t visible.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I wonder how many more months will it take them to fix sig of illusion….

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Surhin.9357

Surhin.9357

Clones created underwater (f.e. Mirror Images or Decoy) while wielding trident apply confusion – basic trident attack does not.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LiberAzerate.4827

LiberAzerate.4827

The ability phase retreat still shoots me underground only now instead of landing in water like I did before I just get a completely white screen and can only see character names far above me. Also, this may be a bit picky but could you please change the actual phase retreat mechanics to the way it was before? When I launch straight backwards (if able) I at least know where I’m going to end up but with this new system it’s rather disorienting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

Not sure if that’s been mentioned already, but Deceptive Evasion will not spawn a clone if you’re in a disguise.

In Ascalonian Catacombs, Asura Route you get disguised as a ghost.
From that point onward, I would simply not spawn a clone on dodge under any ciscumstances.
Only been there once, but recently (last week).

There’s also a Charr homeland heart where a spy disguises you to infiltrate a separatist camp: same happend, no clone on dodge (that one was a while back).

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aiwe.8371

Aiwe.8371

Plz fix the illusionary leap CD from main sword ! i want my 7sec CD !!
Fix also his path, lot of time it doesnt jump on the target, depend of the ground structure…

Add a visual timer on the skill when you put the first portal, to know when it will fade.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

All Clones with scepter deal Zero damage :
Did not find this mentioned so ges better report it in then.

All clones except Staff clones (who deal damage through conditions) deal 0 damage. That’s how Jon Peters want’s it and that’s how it is. Remember Low damage = no damage. Shatter away!

Why do we have a trait that boosts clone damage by 15% unless they mean shatter damage as even a 1000% boost of 0 damage last time I checked still would result in 0 damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kashien.6278

Kashien.6278

Mesmers with a scepter using auto attacks on a guardians/engineers wall of reflection will create a clone of the guardian/engineer instead of the mesmer.

These clones cannot be shattered by the mesmer, and cannot be controlled by the guardian/engineer in question.

Genuine friendship will endure any competition or dispute
Anbringehr-Human Guardian
My Build The Legendary Defender

in Mesmer

Posted by: Supervillain.8617

Supervillain.8617

I haven’t been keeping completely up to date on this list, but I’ve encountered something that I don’t recall seeing mentioned that needs to be addressed.

Using Blink after turning invisible seems to break the invisibility by rendering the character, but doesn’t remove the icon or add the revealed status. I haven’t done extensive testing, but it seems others can see me too, after using mass invisibility or standing in a shadow refuge and blinking. As long as the stealth icon remains, the character doesn’t become truly invisible again.

Edit: Somewhat related, if a mesmer uses an invisibility skill before or during another source of invisibility, when the mesmer’s skill wears off the characters affected become visible despite having the other skill still in effect, and only another source of invisibility (different stealth buff) can render anyone affected invisible again.

(edited by Supervillain.8617)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

Phase retreat (Staff skill #2)is still often putting me into places under the world, into buildings (that I can’t get out of), and other places were I am stuck and cannot move.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eddie.9143

Eddie.9143

fix illusionary leap it’s awful.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Scyntrus.2458

Scyntrus.2458

Mesmer downed state skill 2, the one that teleports and stealths you, sometimes does not teleport you far enough to avoid the stomp.

Temporal curtain’s second cast, Into the Void, will sometimes not pull people if you double tap the button too fast.

After arguing with an engineer for a while, you begin to realize that he actually enjoys it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pay.8713

Pay.8713

All clones except Staff clones (who deal damage through conditions) deal 0 damage. That’s how Jon Peters want’s it and that’s how it is. Remember Low damage = no damage. Shatter away!

Why do we have a trait that boosts clone damage by 15% unless they mean shatter damage as even a 1000% boost of 0 damage last time I checked still would result in 0 damage.

This boosts phantasm damage as well as bleed damage.

in Mesmer

Supervillain.8617

Something I’ve noticed recently is that the phantasmal disenchanter always appears in melee, or just outside of melee range, and it’s often immediately destroyed, usually before it even renders. I only mention this because when they do manage to survive long enough to attack, the range is closer to 900-1200. Is there a reason they’re appearing so close to the target? To the best of my knowledge, no other ranged phantasms appear on top of the target like this.

in Mesmer

Nretep.2564

Something I’ve noticed recently is that the phantasmal disenchanter always appears in melee, or just outside of melee range, and it’s often immediately destroyed, usually before it even renders. I only mention this because when they do manage to survive long enough to attack, the range is closer to 900-1200. Is there a reason they’re appearing so close to the target? To the best of my knowledge, no other ranged phantasms appear on top of the target like this.

iDisenchanter is a ranged Phantasm. When I am ranged and spawn it, it’s also ranged. 600~900 afair.

But I haven’t used it for a while, they might’ve changed this.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Denis.5019

Denis.5019

Trait “Phantasmal Healing” prevents a fury buff from “Phantasmal Fury” to refresh itself on any phantasms but phantasmal duelist. Same effect has a Phantasmal Heling onto Vengeful Images trait. only iDuelist works fine.
Also trait “phantasmal fury” overrides a buff from trait " Vengeful Images"

(edited by Denis.5019)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daisai.5879

Daisai.5879

There seems to be a bug with time warp.
Often when standing in the area of effect you dont seem to get the buff or lose it while standing in it.
Moving inside the area sometimes seems to renew the effect.

Just another utility skill added to the list that is bugged of a utility class.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Idiaf.8429

Idiaf.8429

I don’t know if its a bug or just something that could be clearer in the trait description… but the % damage increase from Empowering Mantras doesn’t seem to be affecting phantasms summoned while under the affect of Mantra’s.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daisai.5879

Daisai.5879

There is a bug with illusions of life aswell.
Used it several times today in dungeons on downed players, however nothing happened.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

This boosts phantasm damage as well as bleed damage.

This about Phantasmal Strength? If so, then the 15% damage is for PHANTASMS and not clones, that being said, the tool-tip does not indicate any damage increase for phantasms. Where as the Empowered Illusions +15% damage does. Maybe I just does understand what was intended here and how it’s supposed to work.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

any1 noticed condition damage stops when you illusion is dead/shattered? THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXES PRONTO.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Nretep.2564

Trait “Phantasmal Healing” prevents a fury buff from “Phantasmal Fury” to refresh itself on any phantasms but phantasmal duelist. Same effect has a Phantasmal Heling onto Vengeful Images trait. only iDuelist works fine.
Also trait “phantasmal fury” overrides a buff from trait " Vengeful Images"

did you read the initial post ?

There seems to be a bug with time warp.
Often when standing in the area of effect you dont seem to get the buff or lose it while standing in it.
Moving inside the area sometimes seems to renew the effect.

Just another utility skill added to the list that is bugged of a utility class.

1. Time warp is not a utility spell.
2. Time Warp only grants quickness to 5 allies. And you’re not priorized. Remember that your clones are “allies”, too

Used it several times today in dungeons on downed players, however nothing happened.

Illusion of life is a pretty bad skill. Unlike the ingenious version of the engineer, it has a super high CD and only works on downed, not defeated allies.
But for your problem, are you sure you set the “field” after the player was downed and the player was in its aoe ? Unlike the engineer version, it has no duration (…) and only works on impact.

any1 noticed condition damage stops when you illusion is dead/shattered? THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXES PRONTO.

There’s a rumor, that the damage isn’t shown anymore, but it’s still present. Like a hidden condition. I haven’t tested it myself excessively, but I had this feeling, too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

Illusion of life is a pretty bad skill. Unlike the ingenious version of the engineer, it has a super high CD and only works on downed, not defeated allies.
But for your problem, are you sure you set the “field” after the player was downed and the player was in its aoe ? Unlike the engineer version, it has no duration (…) and only works on impact.

Even the warrior banner works a lot better then my mesmer’s illusion. I keep using the banner to res people all the time but the mesmer skill feels so useless.

in Mesmer

Supervillain.8617

I just encountered an issue in PvP where my opponents were instantly rallying off my illusion shatters, and managed to recreate it.

It takes some doing, but it seems if you manage to down an opponent with one or two illusions shattering, but have another still on its way to the shatter position, when the last one breaks it rallies the target instead. The first time I noticed was against another mesmer in prolonged combat. He was downed and immediately rallied after I used Mind Wrack. I know there was nobody else to rally off of because my teammate had left the game, leaving me alone against two opponents.

The second time was actually two in one: I’d downed a thief, and then an elementalist attempting to revive the thief. As soon as the elementalist went down, they both instantly rallied after my last illusion shattered. In this case there were other teammates across the map, but none were close enough to have engaged either to provide a rally. I know the elementalist has the glyph that if used in fire attunement will revive them instantly on being downed, but I don’t believe this was the case.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordHavoc.5768

LordHavoc.5768

I was playing around with Blink and Far-Reaching Manipulations today and I realized that when switching in or out of the trait that my CD on Blink had reset. At first I thought it completely removed it, but upon further testing I found that it actually changed the skill to a different one (still named Blink) whose CD had not been triggered yet.

Not that it’s particularly game-breaking as you can’t change traits in combat, but it might also explain why it it that Far-Reaching Manipulations changes the recharge on Arcane Thievery, i.e. one version of the spell has one CD value and the other a lower one. This would also explain why one version of Blink works underwater and the other does not.

I apologize if this has already been pointed out or seems blatantly obvious to everyone, but my search-fu appears to be failing me today in attempting to see if this has been pointed out before.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jaymz.4761

Jaymz.4761

2 months later, latest patch only addresses 1 bug (phantasmal haste)…

Edit: And apparently the tooltip for it is still wrong. sigh

(edited by Jaymz.4761)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

iberserker is doing aprox. 50% less damage vs. before the patch.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sephyxia.1465

Sephyxia.1465

iZerk dealing near 1/3 of the Original damage.

Temporal Curtain quickness does not stack with pre-existing swiftness still.

Tool tips. Please fix them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noblesse.6480

Noblesse.6480

Confirm the above. My berserker is doing far less damage than before.

It’s also ‘missing’ and hence not showing up on stairs. Sigh.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jaap.6941

Jaap.6941

in Mesmer

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

Focus:
“Temporal Curtain” –The vertical range of the courtain is too low. In some jumping puzzles, where the ground is not even, the courtain has no efect since it’s not high enough to get out of the ground.

I know this is such a minor bug, but still…

This is a problem, because once ya trait focus. Tc is use to reflex, yet it so low to the ground that it reflex almost nothing.

So that really mess’s stuff up.

Esp if ya a reflex mez build,

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hellsing.3570

Hellsing.3570

“Echo” isn’t redirecting anything useful to the target.

Be pro!»

in Mesmer

Posted by: LPYBB.5834

LPYBB.5834

still no reply from dev. The iserker bug really annoys me since greatsword is my main weapon. Now I dont even wanna log on to play the new dungeon because of the massive Mesmer skill bugs.

in Mesmer

Supervillain.8617

Not that any dev actually reads the mesmer forum anymore, but there’s yet another issue related to this update. It doesn’t happen all the time, closer to 50/50, but when conjuring a phantasm while blinded, the blindness isn’t removed as it should be when attacking normally, despite the phantasm conjure still registering as a miss.