[Mesmer] List of bugged abilities and traits.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tekla.2139

Tekla.2139

Not that any dev actually reads the mesmer forum anymore, but there’s yet another issue related to this update. It doesn’t happen all the time, closer to 50/50, but when conjuring a phantasm while blinded, the blindness isn’t removed as it should be when attacking normally, despite the phantasm conjure still registering as a miss.

Since unless state otherwise who made these class changes ( 11-15, 2012 ) is either;
Defacto clueless of the core mechanic of the mesmer ability
Or
He is actually playing a class which got it’s AoE blind reduced by 20 sec, while he can still invi-blind every 5-7 sec.
I’m assuming that it is in fact an intentional by-product. Phantasma are not missing, they simple doesn’t conjure. You won’t be able to loses those debuff, unless the summon hit. Alas, we are talking about a paradox here and now you must also deal with it.
Like me, you must learn to be a better mesmer, do not use the skill bar, instead, type /laugh.

(edited by Tekla.2139)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ceribis.8104

Ceribis.8104

Phantasmal Disenchanter gets “Out of Range” errors unless you’re close to your target (maybe under 3-400 units away) even though the range is 900 units.

Keeghan – Sylvari Mesmer – Jade Quarry

in Mesmer

Posted by: Prelude.3817

Prelude.3817

Not in the patch notes:

- Fixed Arcane Thievery tooltip: it now specifies the number of boons and conditions removed – 3
You can remove that from the bug list (Yay!)

- Fixed Illusionary Duelist projectile combo chance: It is now 20%

Transparancy is bliss.

Edit: Another minor tooltip bug
- Damage Tooltip on Blurred Frenzy is incorrect: It indicates the total damage of the channel instead of the damage of a single hit.

(edited by Prelude.3817)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebbl.2806

Sebbl.2806

A very special case, but worth mentioning in my opinion since it’s bugging me:

In the Urban Battlegrounds Fractal, the trait Deceptive Evasion (Dueling X) simply doesn’t work. Yes, I tried it several times and in battle mode. Is it because of the Charr models?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Six.8051

Six.8051

A very special case, but worth mentioning in my opinion since it’s bugging me:

In the Urban Battlegrounds Fractal, the trait Deceptive Evasion (Dueling X) simply doesn’t work. Yes, I tried it several times and in battle mode. Is it because of the Charr models?

Yeah, I’ve noticed Deceptive Evasion wasn’t producing clones while in the AC Explorable path when you are turned into a spirit/ghost.

I think whenever you’re model is disguised as something else, Deceptive Evasion stops working. Also, I’ve actually mentioned this in an in-game bug report several patches ago (around the end of September), and it’s yet to be addressed, so who knows when it’ll be fixed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ygdrad.7839

Ygdrad.7839

I’ve got another one for you, Deceptive Evasion simply does not work if you are “morphed”. This includes being changed into a ghost in the Ascalonian Catacombs, being a Charr in one of the fractals, and probably any other instance of the mesmer not being his starter race visually.

in Mesmer

Posted by: KOF.1346

KOF.1346

Confusing Images for Specter 3 skill sometimes doesn’t work and this effects my gameplay. The animation comes out but does no damage. Phase Retreat for Staff 2 skill still goes out of bounds and also it sometimes teleports me at random spots. Desperate Decoy hasn’t been working for me either and not sure if Phantasm Haste is working; hasn’t for me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Supervillain.8617

Supervillain.8617

Since unless state otherwise who made these class changes ( 11-15, 2012 ) is either;
Defacto clueless of the core mechanic of the mesmer ability
Or
He is actually playing a class which got it’s AoE blind reduced by 20 sec, while he can still invi-blind every 5-7 sec.
I’m assuming that it is in fact an intentional by-product. Phantasma are not missing, they simple doesn’t conjure. You won’t be able to loses those debuff, unless the summon hit. Alas, we are talking about a paradox here and now you must also deal with it.
Like me, you must learn to be a better mesmer, do not use the skill bar, instead, type /laugh.

Having a little trouble parsing this, but let me try to clarify my post. Against the thief npc in the heart of the mists (it uses blind, but doesn’t spam it), I would wait until I was blind, then intentionally cast a phantasm to test. At no time did the phantasm appear (as expected), but approximately half of the time, the blind condition was not removed upon attempting to conjure the phantasm. Blindness is supposed to be removed when it causes an attack to miss.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but laying down a chaos storm and using phase retreat has been very spotty in creating chaos armor.

I see the error more when I walk into a chaos storm and then use phase retreat but I have seen it also occur when I create a chaos storm ontop of me and use phase retreat. It seems to be something related to land height when retreating. Still testing it to try to recreate the issue more consistently.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hellhunt.9670

Hellhunt.9670

When i use Prestige or Decoy enemy in WvW still can target me, hit, stun and pull back!!! It was not this way before. Why i cant do same to thief?! Oh, i really dont want because that is professions meaning!

in Mesmer

Posted by: crimsonvapor.1937

crimsonvapor.1937

So I have been checking the forums for a couple days now and I have yet to see anyone mention anything about this, but does anyone else have any issues with Phase Retreat teleporting you into anything? On Sunday, during the Ancient Karka event I used Phase Retreat and ended up inside a rock.

I know Anet recently corrected an issue with it teleporting Mesmers under the map (which I have experienced several times), but it still seems possible to teleport horizontally through walls and objects. There were instances where I would teleport into walls and up past a hill with an invisible wall, effectively getting me stuck there.

Of course, in most cases, a blink would get me out of that jam, but it is a time-consuming workaround if I don’t have Blink set up and my utility skills are all on cooldown. Also, I have not played much PvP or WvW, but this would be horrible to have happen if there is a wall or rock to teleport into.

I would have attached a screenshot, but the rock that I teleported into on Sunday appears invisible when you’re inside it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anthony.8056

Anthony.8056

The same thing happened to me right at the end of the karka event it was 9/12 of the vents had been destroyed and by the time i would have gotten back they would have been done. I thought phase retreat had been fixed and it cost me my reward and I did that event from the begining.

in Mesmer

Posted by: demlioralet.1087

demlioralet.1087

I can live with any other bugs, but not with not having the map completion star on my clones/phantasms. It removes my main advantage of confusing the foes, since everyone is smart enough to notice me with the star. Hours of effort for map completion, instead of a reward, I get a punishment.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Phantasmal Disenchanter gets “Out of Range” errors unless you’re close to your target (maybe under 3-400 units away) even though the range is 900 units.

I’m seeing this as well – the actual range is about 300 units above and underwater. Tooltip says 900.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

Phantasmal Disenchanter range is bugged

900 range. Works with Defender but not Disenchanter. Both tooltips say 900.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vexrm.6134

Vexrm.6134

So to add to this, I’m not seeing illusions run towards objects they have targeted when I shatter them. Even on training dummies my iduelist just shatters right next to me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daisai.5879

Daisai.5879

An update on the startingpost would be nice considering there are plenty of bugs that are not on it.
For example timewarp is still bugged.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kamizefrog.3421

kamizefrog.3421

after the latest patch, I noticed that my memser’s clones no longer appear to be holding her trident. This only happens when the trident is equip, clones with spears equipped are not affected.

?? ???? ??

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carkara.1846

Carkara.1846

“Deceptive Evasion” suddenly stops working during the fight, I don’t know how it happens but it is happening more often then ever. Another great trait that is not reliable….

I know ANet just remove it and give another nerf hook on us.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marius Verius.2530

Marius Verius.2530

Can anyone confirm these:
Staff #2 doesn’t seem to teleport you straight backwards all the time. I’ve often been teleported diagonally – one time even forward.

This is already on the list, in a way (Invisibility – NOT breaking channel effects that require a target), but occurs when downed. When an enemy is channeling the stomp and I use the #2 downed skill, often I’ll still die. So far it seems to happen about 1/3 of the time.

(edited by Moderator)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raven.6287

Raven.6287

POST Patch

Decoy Bugged – 3 sec stealth. While in stealth you still get hit as if you were not even in stealth. You should not be targeted due to being stealth. Same as the thiefs.

Blink Bugged – This happened today. I was attacking a NPC and I blinked. Once I blinked I was still being hit by said NPC and I was not at my last location. How can this be possible. At least make it you need to re targeted when you blink, thats the NPC.

in Mesmer

Daisai.5879

Can you also add timewarp to the list?
Alot of times when using the skill the people in the area of effect do not get the buff from it.
Walking to the middle of it seems to fix it sometimes however this is not the way this skill is suppose to work.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marius Verius.2530

Marius Verius.2530

Alot of times when using the skill the people in the area of effect do not get the buff from it.

Seen this as well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Had to get creative … We are currently at 4953 Characters.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

How about Illusionary Duelist getting 100% projectile combo finisher instead of 20%?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rayne.7896

Rayne.7896

Is it just me or the Illusionary Whaler(Trident) damage is way too low?

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Walking to the middle of it seems to fix it sometimes however this is not the way this skill is suppose to work.

TimeWarp also has an ally counter. If there are too many, a few of them will not get quickness. It’s rather a bug, that you get it by reentering.

iWhaler causes bleeding each hit, rather than direct damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lux.6490

Lux.6490

“Deceptive Evasion” clones target nearest enemy instead of casters target – that is one super annoying bug if you’re using a condition/bleed build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: sistox.9624

sistox.9624

Clones doesn’t seem to have the “100% world map explored” star next to there name, making it even easier to find out who the real one is, especially in WvW.

in Mesmer

Daisai.5879

TimeWarp also has an ally counter. If there are too many, a few of them will not get quickness. It’s rather a bug, that you get it by reentering.

iWhaler causes bleeding each hit, rather than direct damage.

You are wrong.
This bug also happens when your alone or with a 5 player group.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

Mimic skill will not absorb the first projectile hitting you, instead you will take full damage from the first hit while storing the projectile.

The skill is great otherwise, but this makes its functionality concerning mitigation of ranged dmg too situational.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cybermystic.9158

Cybermystic.9158

Mesmer Downed Ability “Deception”
Creates a downed clone at your location and teleports you slightly. About half the time, this teleport moves you out of range, so downed skills one and three become useless, however the mobs still seem to be in range to finish you off. Teleport location needs to be adjusted or range of downed skills needs to be increased. (Teleporting you away from action so you could use skill four to heal yourself would be OK, except once your clone is down, you’re back to square one noted above.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cicatriz.7426

Cicatriz.7426

There are 3 traits in the Domination Tree that I believe are severly bugged.
-Illusion of Vulnerability
-Rendering Shatter
-Dazzling

All 3 deal with creating a lot of Vulnerability upon shattering your illusions with Diversion (primarily) or shattering in general.

The problem I’ve noticed is significant in the fact that it stacks very well but the duration is horrid.

If I shatter all 3 illusions and they hit at the same time I can get 0 to 25 vulnerability in an instant. I believe that is the first part of the problem, I’m not sure it’s supposed to get that high. The second part is that the time vulnerability lasts on the targets is less than half a second. Dazzling might be the only trait that works because it falls from 25 to 3 almost instantly and those 3 stacks do stay around for about 3 seconds.

I think either the tooltip is extremely off, or there is a serious bug.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hiki.9310

Hiki.9310

The third hit on the scepter chain is still not applying confusion and the trait “illusionary elasticity” is not working on staff clones or any phantasm with a bouncing attack. There is also a bug that makes a Mesmer freeze in place indefinitely if they use blurred frenzy.

“If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” – Mallyx

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabin.4590

Sabin.4590

This bug is missing:

You phantasms take 2 to 3 s to attack once summoned, unless you add phantasmal fury, which makes then attack as soon as they are summoned.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kagitaar.7324

Kagitaar.7324

This bug is missing:

You phantasms take 2 to 3 s to attack once summoned, unless you add phantasmal fury, which makes then attack as soon as they are summoned.

I am not seeing this behavior, have you isolated it to that or just suppose it is?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabin.4590

Sabin.4590

This bug is missing:

I am not seeing this behavior, have you isolated it to that or just suppose it is?

that behavior changes depending on the phantams, but the worst is definitly the izerk, it takes a whole 2s for it to initiate an attack. As for other phantasms that would be 1s.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nijay.7069

Nijay.7069

The Confounding Suggestions trait does not trigger stun from daze inflicted by Power Lock, Counter Blade, or Diversion (or any daze effect?) whether or not the daze interrupts the target.

Feign (Spear) and Swap (Sword) can cause AI to flag you as inaccessible, causing a mob that misses due to teleportation to become invulnerable for a duration. This can happen even (only?) when the teleport would keep you in melee range.

Mantra cooldowns except for Mantra of Pain do not start until the last (2nd or 3rd) cast of the channeled spell. Either Mantra of Pain is bugged and goes through cooldown while Power Spike is up, or all other mantras are bugged because they don’t go through cooldown while the channeled sequence spell is up.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

OP: Can you please add the following?

Illusionary Leap still does not have the proper CD with both Blade Training (reduces sword skills’ CD by 20%) and Illusionist Celerity (reduces illusion summoning skills’ CD by 20%) traits. Without any traits, the skill should have 12 seconds CD. However, even with both traits, the CD for the skill is at 9.5 seconds – as if only one of them was applied.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ravbek.7938

Ravbek.7938

I’ve noticed recently that my portal doesn’t always work. Half the time I put it down and no one can use it, not even me.

Is this something which has changed? Occasionally on Jumping Puzzles (in case I fall) but more generally in WvW.

Cybek – Gunnars Hold
Wipus Frequentus – www.wipus.net
Rock Paper Signet – www.rockpapershotgun.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: scala.1670

scala.1670

Portal has been bugging on me as well. like previous post said even sometimes i cant even use it myself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Roxy.8713

Roxy.8713

Veil only stealths you for 2 seconds and its super annoying with such a long recharge. (real descrip says it stealth you for four)

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LIST UPDATED~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please go through the list and make sure major issues are listed and that listed bugs are still present.

We are currently at 4,936 Characters of the 5,000 character limit, so I can’t add anything without removing something else.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Small update:
1. General – phantasms not attacking for 1-3 seconds after spawning:

“Working as intended” according to Jon Peters, the absence of a delay was a bug, and now they “fixed” it.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Phantasms-retested-after-12-3/first#post919872

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: RinKyu.4317

RinKyu.4317

Don’t worry guys, the best thing to do right now is roll a warrior. You won’t ever get nerfed so no more stress.

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

Small update:
1. General – phantasms not attacking for 1-3 seconds after spawning:

“Working as intended” according to Jon Peters, the absence of a delay was a bug, and now they “fixed” it.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Phantasms-retested-after-12-3/first#post919872

I saw that and can’t say I agree with his logic at all. Our phantasms have build ups for the summons and they have greatly expanded the means to counter those summons. Having a delay AFTER you successfully summoned is granting the enemy double the chances to counter.

I really don’t think they gave it much thought.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zazu.2836

zazu.2836

Yesterday i was in WvW and I noticed when i spawn phantasm to attack the gate they just stood there. Was I bugging out or is there something with phantasms

~Zazu Mizo~
Strike Force [SF] – Stormbluff Isle

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nijay.7069

Nijay.7069

The Confounding Suggestions trait does not trigger stun from daze inflicted by Power Lock, Counter Blade, or Diversion (or any daze effect?) whether or not the daze interrupts the target.

Confounding Suggestions works per the description after the 12/3 patch.

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LIST UPDATED~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
not all caps.

(edited by Taldren.7523)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kagitaar.7324

Kagitaar.7324

I just went and tested the Sharper Images bleed not working when the illusion is killed. I found that while the damage numbers do not appear on screen, the target’s health bar was still ticking down. Tested with duelist, berserker, and disenchanter on Mist dummies; summoned, let them crit, immediately shattered and watched the health bar.