Mesmer Mechanics Questions for the Experts

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Hey all,

Some great help provided in this forum, thanks from this newbie!

I’m a bit perplexed (har) about how things transfer between player abilities and illusions, however. Does anyone have a list of what things that affect players also affect clones and/or phantasms? Meaning gear effects, temporary effects like bloodlust stacks, boons, conditions and so forth? Useful to know in planning a build.

Thanks again!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Open your hero panel.

All main stats listed there go to your illusions… Except vitality, I think.

Might seems to have no effect when its on an illusion, but when it’s on you, it affectw both of you O.o. All other boons just work when they’re on the illusion itself.

Bloodlust stacks directly add power to your own stats, so illusions are affected by it.

Conditions on yourself have no effct on your illusions, unless the condition is on the actual illusion :

Hope that wasnt too confusing x.x

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

Clones are generated with a % of your total health, Armor and Prec. Without any traits they do not spawn with any boons, even if you, yourself, have a fancy array on at the moment.

Clones and illusions can be effected by all boons and conditions and they will take the same effects they do upon players however they must be applied by you or another player (excluding traits which cause them to be generated with a specific boon).

Things that clones can be directly tied to are Weapon Sigils. a Crit from a clone counts as a crit from you/your weapon. For example, your GS clone can set off your Sigil of Fire with its auto attack if it crits.

Clones are not generated with your Rune set and cannot gain or cause any benefits related to it. Example.. your clone cannot spawn a Rock Dog on hit.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

So, both of you are rather wrong.

All illusions inherit the following stats in full:

• Power
  • Precision
  • Toughness
  • Critical Power
  • Healing Power
  • Condition Damage
  • Condition Duration
  • Boon Duration

Vitality does not transfer to illusions. Critical chance does not transfer to illusions. % damage modifiers do not transfer to illusions.

Something like bloodlust stacks or might, since they increase YOUR stats, get transferred to your illusions. Might on an illusion will have no effect because illusions do not have their own primary stats. Conversly, fury on yourself will have no affect because illusions only inherit primary stats, not secondary, but fury on illusions will increase their critical chance.

Health is a constant. Clones have a set amount of health dependent on level. Phantasms also have a set amount of health dependent on level, with the iDisenchanter having slightly more than all other phantasms, and the iDefender having very significantly more. Traits/utilities that modify phantasm or illusion hp will increase this value, and traits that increase illusion/phantasm damage will increase their output.

One more note on sigils. Clones/phantasms absolutely do NOT inherit the on-crit bonuses of sigils. That is 100% completely false information.

(edited by Pyroatheist.9031)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Pyro, you’re wrong too

Conditiondamage, Conditionduration and Boonduration also doesn’t transfere. it’s not needed because the source of the boons/conditions is still YOU not your phantasm/clone.

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Pyro, you’re wrong too

Conditiondamage, Conditionduration and Boonduration also doesn’t transfere. it’s not needed because the source of the boons/conditions is still YOU not your phantasm/clone.

Nope. They do apply. It used to be that clone conditions did not benefit from your condition duration, but now they do, it was fixed. They most likely fixed it by simply transferring the condition duration to clones (phantasms too).

Edit: The conditions did do the right damage even then though. It’s honestly not possible to really know how they decided to code it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Pyro, you’re wrong too

Nope. They do apply. It used to be that clone conditions did not benefit from your condition duration, but now they do, it was fixed. They most likely fixed it by simply transferring the condition duration to clones (phantasms too).

Edit: The conditions did do the right damage even then though. It’s honestly not possible to really know how they decided to code it.

While this was completely fixed for awhile, currently the WoC conditions applied by our clones do not inherit the mesmer’s condition duration. So that part broke again down the line somewhere, and I believe is currently broke. I usually test after every patch. Would love to be told I’m wrong or proven wrong if someone knows something I don’t.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Bug-Validation-Clone-condition-duration

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

I testet this some time ago and it worked fine I’ll test this as fast as possible (laptop still needs to update gw)

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

Tested it with my greatswordclone and sharper images:

domination 0:
5s bleed (displayed as 4)

domination 30:
6,5s bleed (displayed as 6)

It does affect our clones

Edit: Or better: It affects us what makes it affecting our clones

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

domination 0:

domination 30:

I think skcamow was referring to staff clones exclusively.

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

there IS something wrong but the conditionduration scales on staff clones

tested without sharper images:

staffclone – dom – 0:
should inflict 7s bleed
inflicts 5s bleed
displays 4s bleed

staffclone – dom – 30:
should inflict 9.1s
inflicts 6.5s
displays 6s

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

domination 0:

domination 30:

I think skcamow was referring to staff clones exclusively.

Yup.

there IS something wrong but the conditionduration scales on staff clones

tested without sharper images:

staffclone – dom – 0:
should inflict 7s bleed
inflicts 5s bleed
displays 4s bleed

staffclone – dom – 30:
should inflict 9.1s
inflicts 6.5s
displays 6s

Yup.

Good to know GS clones work w/sharper images though. Never went that far to test that. Problem is staff clones are typically the mesmer’s most commonly used for condition builds and I know was fixed at one time. Sigh. Someday soon, one can hope.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

The concept is that the stats that show up in hero panel even after buffs as long as it changes those numbers applies to your illusions too, but what about Sharpening Stones, Maintenance Oil, Tuning Crystals? They change your stats in the hero panel. I’d expect them to apply too?

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

The concept is that the stats that show up in hero panel even after buffs as long as it changes those numbers applies to your illusions too, but what about Sharpening Stones, Maintenance Oil, Tuning Crystals? They change your stats in the hero panel. I’d expect them to apply too?

Yeah that’s similar to might and sigils od bloodlust/precision the phantasms will use have these too.

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]