Mesmer Mobility poll

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

In light of the fact that ANet has decided to share the unique mesmer mechanic of portal with other classes I am curious what other mesmers in the community would rather see. I am asking that ANet compensate mesmer with some sort of mobility skill if they’re going to pass around the one that made us unique.

Which would YOU rather see in you repertoire:

1 Focus like weapon skill 4 that gives 50% swiftness instead of 33% (seeing as it can’t stack and is overridden by all other classes’ swiftness already)

OR

2 Permanent utility type passive that gives us the standard 25% swiftness increase that nearly every single class is currently enjoying

OR

3 Make our swiftness stackable so that we can have perma-swift like several of the other boon stacking classes that are capable of having 100% uptime on swiftness

OR

4 A utility skill that grants aoe swiftness for a long duration

5 A Trait that adds swiftness to some ability use For example, Domination XI – Harmonious Mantras – add 5s of Swiftness to Mantra use (both channeling and casting), 5s cd.

You decide.

Personally I could go for any of them but I would prefer option #1 for it’s uniqueness. I like playing a class that has obvious unique abilities that set it aside from the average/typical lineup.

Edit: Added option 4
Edit2: Added option 5

(edited by Wise.8025)

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I would like something that is in the traits that can be used outside of battle. We have the compounding celerity trait that makes us move faster for each active illusion but it only works inside battle since our illusions can’t follow us outside of it. If they buffed the focus in other ways as well I would like number 1 most.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I would actually like option 4. A Utility skill which grants swiftness with a long duration like Guardian’s retreat.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Prism.5649

Prism.5649

I would like #3 to be fixed, seeing as its a bug, and then I would also like #2.

I think it’s silly how some classes like Elementalist have both a 25% passive run speed as well as the ability to have permanent swiftness while classes like the Mesmer are stuck with a minimum of a 2s downtime on swiftness, and then only when specifically geared and traited just for swiftness.

Prismatic Storm: Ele
Prismatic Science: Engi
Prismatic Dream: Mesmer

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: WhiteScarf.4520

WhiteScarf.4520

Along with a VIABLE #3 or #4.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I like current mesmer mobility with my focus… I’m fine with it… Buffs are nice, but may not be necessary if other classes are brought in line (D/D Ele)

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Id be happy with a signet like thieves have, hate being forced to run centaur runes or a focus

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Why do you hate the focus? It’s pretty baller..

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darzinth.7960

Darzinth.7960

I think a combination of 3 and 4, and a nod to 1 would be good. What I mean is that the focus’ 4 ability’s second part “Into the Void” should grant nearby allies another stack of haste when used for like 8-12 seconds.

On the topic of the Focus, it is our only weapon that gives a good swiftness and could use a good main hand weapon other than the Sword. Scepter either needs to be fixed or Pistol needs to be added.

Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Celestial Apocalypse
Mesmer – Krissadi | Warrior – Bloodpriest Rosette

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

It definitely needs to be another utility ability. Having reliable mobility from just one source (esp an OH weapon), is not enough. Blink is great but the CD is way too long for a movement ability.

At the minimum, they really just need to tweak SoI so it gives only swiftness and vigor out of combat and keep the in combat effect as is.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

5) None of the above, I’m fine with how it is.

They do need to fix the bug on focus with swiftness not stacking

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

just to know wich classes have permaswiftness with stacking?
with focus /runes of centaur mesmer has permaswiftness.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Kazhiel.8194

Talking about how focus does not allow other swiftness to be overwritten, so if you had swift from focus and someone else casts an aoe swiftness it will not overwrite the swift from focus and then two seconds later your swift runs out and you’re out of luck because everyone else got the other person’s swift and you get left behind.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Kazhiel.8194

Maybe stacking isn’t the right word lol

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

They should make Signet of Inspriation only give Swiftness and Vigor, maybe Aegis, as long as you’re out of combat. Aegis actually also comes in handy sometimes as it prevents the combat slowdown from being applied if you’re hit by a ranged mob you’re running by.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yugurt.2601

Yugurt.2601

make the +10% boon duration signet have a active that gives swiftness to nearby allies for 10s with a 10s cooldown / instant cast

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

i d just like to say that most profession with permaswiftness works exactly as mesmer…..
They cannot stack/overwrite.

They just pick 2+ skills and trait them to let cooldown before boon fades away.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I lol’ed when they talked about our mobility being similar to a thief’s mobility.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: leftharted.7102

leftharted.7102

i Concur!!!

i think #2.

i like the idea of a passive 25% from a ‘charged’ mantra, that can be consumed for single(maye AoE?) cripple… 25-45 sec recharge, once the charges are used….

i think this would add more flavor to mantra builds, and would kinda make sence being very ‘mobile’ while needing to recharge mantras…

$0.02

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Talking about how focus does not allow other swiftness to be overwritten, so if you had swift from focus and someone else casts an aoe swiftness it will not overwrite the swift from focus and then two seconds later your swift runs out and you’re out of luck because everyone else got the other person’s swift and you get left behind.

This.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystic Angelique.4021

Mystic Angelique.4021

all of the above i would want swiftness like a D/D ele (sooooo many skill set for running around it almost make all classes a joke). U tell me how anet should balance the classes lol. First of all boon can be remove compare eles skill set are mobile by it self if u watch how german play ele .you will know Ele have dash similiar to a warrior, speed buff that are ridicules and comes with attunement change every 10 sec . almost everything that make the ele fun to play is imbalance i lost track how many skills are broken…I think permanent trait for running around seem fair…

On fair note I don’t like the idea of nerfing the ele but prefer some sort of buff for mesmer class to make up the short fall.The difference in term of speed is a huge one…

The NEED FOR SPEED which make the ele very fun of play.If anet could give mesmer the same lvl of speed as a d/d ele .i am sure guildwar 2 will be more fun to play.Instead of nerfing something that is fun for player like the D/D ele. Of course heavy armour /med armour should be given less speed to balance the shortfall in term of armour and Scale accordingly.

http://youtu.be/Yq10myisSU4

(edited by Mystic Angelique.4021)

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: vicious.2193

vicious.2193

2.) I would prefer a signet like almost everyone else that has a useful CD on it.

Do you see the sins you’re making? ‘Cuz I’ve made them all before.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

5 A Trait that adds swiftness to some ability use. For example, Domination XI – Harmonious Mantras – add 5s of Swiftness to Mantra use (both channeling and casting), 5s cd.

I play both a Thief and Mesmer, and use Centaur Runes + Mirror + Boon duration food for my Mesmer.

On the one hand I hate having to sacrifice runes for permaswiftness, but on the other hand I like not having to spend 33% of my utility slots on a passive utility I never use (as with my Thief).

Also, Centaur’s AoE swiftness is really helpful for powering small strike groups around the map in WvW.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

2 or 5.

We will need a new utility skill anyway if other classes are getting extra.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

I would be happy with a signet.

What I would really like is for focus swiftness to stack with regular swiftness, and the CD on blink to be lowered by a reasonable amount.

That would give us not perma swiftness, but at least a low CD blink might bring us a bit closer to thieves in mobility.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deviija.7869

Deviija.7869

Some kind of trait, maybe. Something that doesn’t use up a utility slot since we need a lot of specific utilities to even function. Eles, when traited, can have swiftness up all the time without sacrificing a utility slot, for example.

I don’t think Mesmer is a great mobility class. I think it is a class that needs to be mobile, and has high mobility demands, but I think it is really poor at offering mobility options. Blink, portal, dodging, sure, but we lack leaps and charges and gap closers that do not require a target etc. like other classes have access to that make them even more mobile. I mean, hey, we’re a light-armored class and yet the heavy armored classes of Guardian and Warrior have more mobility/swiftness/gap closers for range out of combat/etc than we do. Only in a fantasy world does heavy armor allow you speed over a supposed mobile class wearing cloth, I guess.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Virtuality.8351

Virtuality.8351

voting for #2. I’d consider #2 essential.

However, if #2 is applied, either the issue in #3 should be fixed as well to prevent the 4th skill focus become half-functioning, or the mentioned weapon skill should be replaced with something else.

For the options not chosen…#3 literally is another totally non-relative issue, to the fact that we don’t have the passive signet speed buff as other professions do. #4 would be a kinda useless update in my opinion, since we already have the 4th skill on focus functioning alike. And, for #1, it does make the mentioned focus skill much more useful, yet i can expect people failing to escape from enemies with a mesmer included, every single time.

(edited by Virtuality.8351)

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jester.1236

Jester.1236

I’m suprised so many people would be willing to give up a utility spot for swiftness. I do get a little annoyed by the centaur mechanics, but i don’t think my other profesions are better. For my thief i feel like i have to give up 25% of my utilities just for speed. Which is a higher price to pay, for me.

For my engineer i have to put 10 points in inventionts(i think thats the line) even if i did not want to. And i have to hit the buttons alot more to maintain my swiftness. Also Kit refinement takes this same skill slot. So you either have to switch alot, or take 20 in that line. Its not a huge deal, but it is a little annoying.

My Gaurdian either has to use staff and stack boon duration, or keep retreat on the bar, and use the staff and run that little dance.

At least with the Mesmer and The Gaurdian its an aoe speed. Which i like alot.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

3 is by far the best but will be seen as OP to anet and im sure every single mes will use it in spvp and you don’t want perma swiftness on all mesmers. Option 1 seems perfect

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: QtHuynh.1893

QtHuynh.1893

focus + blink is really mobility imo.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Malice.8439

Malice.8439

I’d be content with a sigil for the swiftness.

Or if we are allowed to dream, I’d replace blink with a Sigil of Swiftness, and having us blink as an effect on consuming the sigil.

All warfare is based on deception.
- Sun Tzu, Art of War

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: leftharted.7102

leftharted.7102

I’d be content with a sigil for the swiftness.

Or if we are allowed to dream, I’d replace blink with a Sigil of Swiftness, and having us blink as an effect on consuming the sigil.

Hmmm, i actually REALLY like this idea… especially if Blink was on the same cooldown… not sure if it would be a bit overpowered…. but, if they give the Portal mechanic to another class, i dont see why we should be able to achieve perma-swiftness without having to rely on runes….

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelos of Dray.5769

Kelos of Dray.5769

I think Mesmer’s have the best ute’s hands down. I’m pretty much always fighting over what to take…blink, decoy, mirror images etc etc. Adding another useful speed ute or signet would only make this decision even harder. I say buff the #4 skill on focus personally.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

While I’d like that, too, Blink is already one of our more popular/powerful utilities. Adding a speed buff to it would mean a nerf to the CD, which I would HATE!

I would be content with iLeap not requiring a target so we can use it as a speed burst out of combat (fix the Blade Training CD issue, too) plus a utility that grants decent swiftness so we aren’t forced to run focus or centaur runes. Altering Signet of Inspirations to only give swiftness and vigor OOC would be perfectly fine.

Other good options:

If, and only IF, they are going to nerf TW because of all the QQ make it: Mantras/Signet of Time that grants +25% move speed while active/charged and grants AOE quickness for 3/5s. But I prefer it not to be touched.

Compounding Celerity: +15% move speed, +5% per active illusion. Allow illusion summons outside combat. Just have them dissipate after 10s or so.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Wise.8025

While I’d like that, too, Blink is already one of our more popular/powerful utilities. Adding a speed buff to it would mean a nerf to the CD, which I would HATE!

I would be content with iLeap not requiring a target so we can use it as a speed burst out of combat (fix the Blade Training CD issue, too) plus a utility that grants decent swiftness so we aren’t forced to run focus or centaur runes. Altering Signet of Inspirations to only give swiftness and vigor OOC would be perfectly fine.

Other good options:

If, and only IF, they are going to nerf TW because of all the QQ make it: Mantras/Signet of Time that grants +25% move speed while active/charged and grants AOE quickness for 3/5s. But I prefer it not to be touched.

Compounding Celerity: +15% move speed, +5% per active illusion. Allow illusion summons outside combat. Just have them dissipate after 10s or so.

It’s coming Gaiawolf I see a new mesmer qq thread every single day in the sPvP forums. Whether it’s Portal, or Timewarp, or our addiction to our clone generation which doubles as stun breakers, or our ability to evade lockdowns using weapon abilities, or blurred frenzy or…. the list goes on. About the only thing I don’t hear crying from other players about is our speed and our mantra use.

I still prefer the idea of 1 here though. I’ve considered it many times, and as much as the appeal to have a permanent swiftness comes up I still think that a 50% movement speed burst would be overall more beneficial for it’s utility.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Again, I support turning blink into a 25% movement speed passive signet. It wouldn’t have to be nerfed because, while the cooldown is active, the movement speed isn’t. That is a fair trade off for losing a unique skill.

I’m against upgrading the focus or traits for what I know are bias reasons. I don’t like the focus. I know it’s a good weapon. The pull alone is great for telling invaders “attack me again and you’ll NEVAH finish this jumping puzzle!” However, I have to take a main hand weapon with it and I hate the options available. The scepter just isn’t my cup of tea and I’m not a fan of 1h swords because I do dungeons a lot. It’s very hard to see attack tells when there’s a char or norn warrior blocking most of the boss. And there’s almost ALWAYS one there! Standing back and letting the big guys act as meatshields is so much easier.

As for traits, I already have enough problems deciding what I want because there’s little consistency in the trait lines. The last thing I need is for a speed buff to be in some odd place that makes me give up something else and then have to set up the condition in which to give myself swiftness. Knowing my luck, it’ll be mantras and I just don’t use mantras. I hate the mechanics behind them.

In short, change blink. It’s easy and it would give us the “more reliable” speed we were assured.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

If they just fix the stacking issue and maybe buff the swiftness duration on focus along with a useful phantasm I wouldnt mind using focus. But right now the focus is pretty much just useful for pulling cluless people down from walls and such.

The phantasm is a joke, a bad one at that.

Make the swiftness duration to CD ratio more inline with guardian staff. They cant really shorten the CD due to the extra pull effect, but they could buff the duration to the same uptime % of a non-traited guardian staff#3. I’m fine with my guardian and no perma swiftness, but then again the staff brings alot of nice options aswell. Not only am I forced to grab a focus, I’m forced to grab a lackluster mainhand aswell.

Other than that, add it to a mantra or a seal or make a new mantra/seal, either would be the most similar to other classes speed seals. Or like Crossplay said, add it to blink, that would be preferable.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Wise.8025

Again, I support turning blink into a 25% movement speed passive signet. It wouldn’t have to be nerfed because, while the cooldown is active, the movement speed isn’t. That is a fair trade off for losing a unique skill.

I’m against upgrading the focus or traits for what I know are bias reasons. I don’t like the focus. I know it’s a good weapon. The pull alone is great for telling invaders “attack me again and you’ll NEVAH finish this jumping puzzle!” However, I have to take a main hand weapon with it and I hate the options available. The scepter just isn’t my cup of tea and I’m not a fan of 1h swords because I do dungeons a lot. It’s very hard to see attack tells when there’s a char or norn warrior blocking most of the boss. And there’s almost ALWAYS one there! Standing back and letting the big guys act as meatshields is so much easier.

As for traits, I already have enough problems deciding what I want because there’s little consistency in the trait lines. The last thing I need is for a speed buff to be in some odd place that makes me give up something else and then have to set up the condition in which to give myself swiftness. Knowing my luck, it’ll be mantras and I just don’t use mantras. I hate the mechanics behind them.

In short, change blink. It’s easy and it would give us the “more reliable” speed we were assured.

The problem with putting 25% swiftness in with Blink is that it then becomes an essential part of EVERY mesmer build. I already use blink in nearly every build I make, but with swiftness built in? I would never be without it. I guess I just like the utility of blink a lot.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darzinth.7960

Darzinth.7960

Hell a random trait that gives +10% movement while wielding a two-handed weapon would be okay. Since, that is where I feel the slowest. (Okay, Staff has reverse blink, but it’s hard to use that to traverse large spaces.)

Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Celestial Apocalypse
Mesmer – Krissadi | Warrior – Bloodpriest Rosette

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: ExZee.8109

ExZee.8109

I’ve started using portals in WvW, but mostly for my own escape in 1vX’s and I must say it should remain a mesmer-unique skill. The concept of (personal) portal use fits so well into the theme of mesmer it would be ridiculous to remove it completely. If anet is going to nerf mesmers again, I would only agree on either make portal self-only (nobody else can use it) while giving a similar skill to other professions that DO allow others to use it (but mesmer version has longer range, and keep mesmer portal multiple use aka “as-is”, while the other portals are one-time aka one-way use only), or trade us a useful utility skill that grants a significant duration of swiftness in exchange for portal. I’m guessing the latter actually goes against the “theme of mesmer” that anet has in mind, and I personally think the former is actually the better balance option anyway.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

I’d probably dump using the Mesmer if they changed blink into a long CD just for a speed buff passive.

A Mantra of Swiftness would be nice really. It even compliments mantra builds in having to create space for a mantra recharge. And maybe people will actually use a mantra for once and learn the flow of using it in conjunction with weapon skills.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

I don’t care if it’s a trait or a utility spell like signet I just do not want it tied to another weapon.

I hate having to keep a focus on me.

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

Really I see the whole problem revolving around non-combat run speed. Anet doesn’t want Mesmer to have speed in combat as they consider blink + portal as more than enough mobility already. While I DO agree we are perfectly fine in combat, it is a problem outside of combat. We cannot keep up with buddies unless we set up runes + weapon sets just for running… whether they copy our moves to other classes to homogenize the game or not, I think a good compromise is to add a concept that the phantoms speed up your movement (33%) when not in combat. They already have a run speed combat trigger that slows you down, I would think they could take that trigger and attach it to a signet (signet of midnight looks to me as the most balanced add and most fitting).

Mesmer Mobility poll

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystic Angelique.4021

Mystic Angelique.4021

On a fair note Ele get alot more speed and we get hit by a run speed combat trigger that slows you down.There should be some form of speed buff either on trait ,signet, or weapons.If not we will alway need to do open bag swap to focus, open bag switch back main weapon which i find quite annoying ele just click change attunment woosh its running like the wind….wth and i can’t even match that kind of speed.It get very annoying to play mes sometimes..If anet didn’t put a cool down timer on weapon swapping mes is alot more interesting then in its current state.