Mesmer Patch Notes 6/23/15

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Mesmer

General

Phantasm damage has been increased by 15%.

Summoned clones will now show your equipped off-hand weapon.

Fixed a bug in which underwater clones did not show tridents.

Fixed an issue where the Illusionary Rogue’s attack was being listed as “Smoke Bomb” in the combat log. It is now referred to as “Shadow Assault.”

Skills
Mesmer skills that create bouncing projectiles will now have them bounce one
additional time.

Reduced the recharge on glamour skills by 20%.

Using any shatter skill now creates the shatter effect on you as well by default.

Mantras now give 600 toughness while channeling them.

Manipulation skill range has been increased to 1200.

Pistol skills used by you and your illusions have had their range increased to 1200.

Mind Wrack: Reduced the recharge from 15 seconds to 12 seconds.

Cry of Frustration: Reduced the recharge from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.

Diversion: Reduced the recharge to 38 seconds. It now shows the number of targets dazed (1) when untraited.

Distortion: Reduced the recharge to 50 seconds. When affected by traits such as Maim the Disillusioned and Illusionary Retribution, this skill now strikes 1 target.

Chaos Storm: Increased poison duration from 2 seconds to 4 seconds.

Confusing Images: Added one additional strike to this skill. Strikes from this skill now display an additive total rather than individual hits. This skill now activates 50% faster.

Ether Clone (Scepter skill 1, chain 3): Adjusted the timing of this attack to flow better with the other attacks in the chain. The projectile is now launched sooner, but the attack has slightly longer aftercast. The number of clones generated per second by this chain is unchanged.

Feedback: This skill now requires a target. This change addressed an issue that allowed this skill to be cast at an unspecified location if the player did not have a target.

Ineptitude (Trident skill 2): This skill has been renamed to “Blinding Tide.”

Illusionary Defender: Updated the description of this skill to more accurately convey that it also absorbs damage directed at allies. Functionality has not been changed.

Illusionary Leap: Increased the delay before the clone is summoned by about 0.25 seconds to allow players to start casting this skill while moving within range and not have it fail. The speed of attack of Illusion has been increased by about 0.35 seconds to allow for better tracking against moving targets.

Mass Invisibility: This skill is now classified as a manipulation.

Mimic: Updated functionality of this skill. This skill now causes the next utility-slot skill you use within 10 seconds to recharge in 1 second. Increased recharge to 90 seconds.
Mirror: This skill is now classified as a manipulation and has a unique mirror enhancement that can be applied by traits.

Polymorph Moa: This skill has been renamed to “Signet of Humility” and is now classified as a signet skill. Its passive effect reduces the duration of stun, daze, fear, and taunt by 20%. Its active effect remains unchanged.

Polymorph Moa—Kick: Movement-speed adjustments no longer affect the intended travel distance.

Polymorph Moa—Flee: Movement-speed adjustments no longer affect the intended travel distance.

Phantasmal Mage: Instead of inflicting confusion on foes and granting retaliation on allies, this phantasm now inflicts 1 stack of burning for 6 seconds on foes and grants 3 seconds of fury to allies. Removed undocumented condition removal from this phantasm.

Portal: Attempting to create a second portal entrance while you have an active portal will destroy the active portal.

Signet of Illusions: Reduced recharge to 60 seconds. This skill now specifies which skills it recharges.

Signet of Inspiration: Reduced recharge of this skill to 30 seconds. The passive effect of this signet now grants 5 seconds of swiftness plus one other random boon every 10 seconds. It no longer grants swiftness as one of its random boons.

Signet of Midnight: The passive effect of this signet now grants 20% condition duration instead of 10% boon duration.

Spinning Revenge (Trident 3): This skill now applies chaos armor to you when cast.
Time Warp: This skill is now classified as a glamour. It now pulses 1 second of slow every second on foes in the affected area, in addition to its previous effect of quickness on allies.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Domination:

Minor

Illusion of Vulnerability: Interrupting a foe inflicts 3 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds.

Dazzling: Dazing a foe inflicts 5 stacks of vulnerability for 8 seconds.

Fragility: Deal 0.5% more damage to foes for each stack of vulnerability on them.

Adept:

Confounding Suggestions: Increases daze and stun duration on foes by 25%. When you would daze a foe, you stun them instead, with a 5-second internal cooldown. Fixed a bug that caused this trait to not update the skill facts for the racial skills Technobabble and Raven Shriek.

Empowered Illusions: Your illusions deal 15% more damage.

Rending Shatter: Shatter skills inflict 1 stack of vulnerability for 8 seconds on foes they hit.

Master:

Shattered Concentration: Shatter skills remove 1 boon from foes they hit.

Blurred Inscriptions: Reduces recharge of signet skill by 20%. Gain distortion and remove 1 condition when you use a signet.

Furious Interruption: Gain quickness for 3 seconds whenever you interrupt a foe. This trait has a 5-second internal cooldown.

Grandmaster:

Imagined Burden: Reduces recharge of greatsword skills by 20%. Gain 2 stacks of might for 5 seconds whenever you or an illusion uses Spacial Surge. All of your other greatsword skills inflict crippled for 2 seconds upon hit.

Mental Anguish: Shatter skills deal 15% more damage. This bonus damage is doubled on foes that are not activating skills.

Power Block: Interrupting a foe inflicts damage and causes weakness for 5 seconds. Additionally, if the interrupted skill has a recharge time greater than 0, it is put on a 15-second recharge.

Dueling:

Minor:
Critical Infusion: Gain vigor for 5 seconds when you critically hit.

Sharper Images: Your illusions inflict 1 stack of bleeding for 5 seconds when they critical hit.

Master Fencer: Gain fury for 5 seconds when striking a foe below 75% health. This trait has a 5-second internal cooldown.

Adept:
Phantasmal Fury: Your phantasms gain 10 seconds of fury every 10 seconds.

Desperate Decoy: Cast Decoy when you are struck while below 50% health. This trait benefits from the recharge bonus provided by Illusionist’s Celerity.

Duelist’s Discipline: Pistol skills recharge 25% of their full recharge when you interrupt a foe. Pistol attacks from you and your illusions have a 33% chance to inflict 2 stacks of bleeding for 5 seconds.

Master:

Blinding Dissipation: When using a shatter skill, blind foes around you for 3 seconds.

Evasive Mirror: Whenever you successfully evade an attack, gain a projectile-reflecting barrier for 1.5 seconds. This trait has a 1.5-second internal cooldown.

Fencer’s Finesse: Reduces recharge of sword skills by 20%. Whenever you or an illusion hits with a sword attack, you gain a stack of Fencer’s Finesse that grants 15 ferocity for 6 seconds (maximum 10 stacks).

Grandmaster:

Harmonious Mantras: Mantra skills can be activated 3 times before needing to be channeled again. Whenever you use a mantra skill, gain a stack of Mantra Strength for 8 seconds, which increases your damage by 4% per stack (maximum 5 stacks).

Mistrust: Whenever you interrupt a foe, inflict 2 stacks of confusion for 6 seconds to foes in a radius around your target.

Deceptive Evasion: Whenever you use a dodge roll, you create a clone.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos:

Minor:

Metaphysical Rejuvenation: Gain regeneration for 10 seconds when you are struck while below 75% health. This trait has a 15-second internal cooldown.

Illusionary Membrane: Gain protection for 3 seconds whenever you gain regeneration. This trait has a 15-second internal cooldown.

Chaotic Persistence: Each unique boon on you increases the duration of your outgoing condition and boon duration by 3%.

Adept:

Descent into Madness: Take 50% less falling damage. Cast Chaos Storm when you take
falling damage. This trait benefits from the recharge bonus provided by Chaotic Dampening.

Illusionary Defense: Each active illusion you control reduces incoming damage to you by 3%.

Master of Manipulation: Reduces recharge of manipulation skills by 20%. Gain Mirror for 2 seconds whenever you activate a manipulation skill.

Master:

Mirror of Anguish: If you are inflicted by a crowd-control effect, you inflict the same effect on your opponent, with a 60-second internal cooldown. Added taunt to the list of crowd-control effects that trigger this trait.

Chaotic Transference: Gain condition damage equal to 10% of your toughness.

Chaotic Dampening: When you gain Chaos Armor, you also gain protection for 5 seconds. While you have Chaos Armor, your staff and trident skills recharge by 5% of their full recharge every second.

Grandmaster:

Chaotic Interruption: Whenever you interrupt a foe, you inflict immobilized on them for 2 seconds and gain 5 stacks of might for 10 seconds. Additionally, you inflict a second random condition on your foe and apply a second random boon to yourself. Removed might as an option for the second random boon.

Prismatic Understanding: Stealth applied by your mesmer skills lasts 100% longer. Additionally, every second you are in stealth, you randomly gain aegis, might, protection, regeneration, or swiftness.

Bountiful Disillusionment: Whenever you use a shatter skill, you gain 1 stack of stability for 5 seconds. Based on the shatter used, allies around you can gain might, vigor, fury, or regeneration.

Inspiration:

Minor:

Mender’s Purity: Whenever you use a healing skill, you cast Power Cleanse. This trait benefits from Harmonious Mantras.

Inspiring Distortion: Whenever you grant distortion to yourself, you also grant it to nearby allies for 1 second. This trait has a 5-second internal cooldown.

Healing Prism: Each illusion you control grants you 100 healing power. Whenever you heal yourself, you heal nearby allies for a small amount.

Adept:

Medic’s Feedback: Revive allies 10% faster. When you start reviving an ally, cast
Feedback. This trait benefits from the recharge bonus provided by Temporal Enchanter.

Restorative Mantras: When you finish preparing a mantra, you heal allies around you.

Persisting Images: Phantasms you summon spawn with retaliation for 6 seconds and have 20% more health.

Master:

Warden’s Feedback: Focus weapon skills reflect projectiles and have their recharge reduced by 20%.

Restorative Illusions: Using a shatter skill removes 1 condition from you and heals you based on the number of illusions shattered.

Protected Phantasms: Newly summoned phantasms gain distortion for 1 second. When you use a shatter skill, all illusions gain protection for 2 seconds.

Grandmaster:

Mental Defense: Whenever you successfully block or evade an attack, cast Phantasmal Defender on your attacker. This trait benefits from the recharge bonus provided by Illusionist’s Celerity and Persistence of Memory.

Illusionary Inspiration: Phantasms grant 3 seconds regeneration to allies near them every 3 seconds. If you have any boons when you summon a phantasm, you cast Signet of Inspiration. This trait benefits from the recharge bonus provided by Blurred Inscriptions.

Temporal Enchanter: Glamour skills last an additional 2 seconds. When you first create any glamour, nearby allies within the glamour radius gain 2 seconds of super speed and 3 seconds of resistance.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Was toying with Scepter and traited the Sword. Scepter attacks give the sword trait, so with a Confusing Image, you can get 8 stack of ferocity from the trait. Intended or not ?

Staff + Chaos Storm + Traited interrupt : Amazing
GS : Those might stacks…

Huge buff damage overall.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Woah, mantras recharge in the background now?!? :o

What a beautiful buff!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Was toying with Scepter and traited the Sword. Scepter attacks give the sword trait, so with a Confusing Image, you can get 8 stack of ferocity from the trait. Intended or not ?

What was your offhand weapon?

in Mesmer

Krispera.5087

Yes, I thought it was only applying with sword attacks ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

I mean: was your OH a sword? It might just work on any weapon attack while a sword is equipped. It gives the OH sword a lot more value that way.

in Mesmer

Krispera.5087

I mean: was your OH a sword? It might just work on any weapon attack while a sword is equipped. It gives the OH sword a lot more value that way.

Oh yeah sorry, sword was OH. Also, it works with Mantra trait.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

I dunno what happened to my post on the Illusion tree. O.o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

The iLeap change kinda messed up my jukes Ah well, i will adjust.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

What a beautiful buff!

Wait, is this true? O_o

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

What a beautiful buff!

Wait, is this true? O_o

Yes.

in Mesmer

Caelus.7139

What a beautiful buff!

Wait, is this true? O_o

Yes.

So, if I’m not mistaken, I can cast MoD, and even if I don’t use the casts the mantra goes on cooldown? o_o

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

What a beautiful buff!

Wait, is this true? O_o

Yes.

So, if I’m not mistaken, I can cast MoD, and even if I don’t use the casts the mantra goes on cooldown? o_o

Yes – you can hold on to them for longer than their cooldown time and you’re able to immediately recharge after burning the charges.

in Mesmer

Caelus.7139

What a beautiful buff!

Wait, is this true? O_o

Yes.

Yes – you can hold on to them for longer than their cooldown time and you’re able to immediately recharge after burning the charges.

Oooooo me like

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos.2108

Chaos.2108

Illusionary Warden’s attack stacks Fencer’s Finesse by the way.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

:o :o :o :o :o

Re: Fencer’s Finesse, the trait says that illusions that use sword attacks will also proc the buff. Are you guys sure that isn’t what’s happening? Sounds like a bug otherwise.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Just wondering – Halting Strike is completely gone, right?

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Iavra.8510

It got merged into Power Block (Domination GM).

/edit: Since my dear torch trait got moved, i’ve now settled for Domination/Duelling/Illusions shatter/lockdown hybrid, which works quite nice so far.

in Mesmer

Chaos.2108

Fencer’s Finesse was poorly worded on the stream, most of us (me, friends and guildies) assumed that it would only proc on sword’s clone attacks and Illusionary Swordsman’s attacks. And Halting Strike has been merged with Power Block.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I’m willing to bet that all attacks proccing Fencer’s finesse just if you’re wielding a sword is probably a bug.

in Mesmer

Chaos.2108

They’ve fixed Harmonious Mantras’s stacks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SPNKr.6208

SPNKr.6208

Has anyone noticed the new dueling minor? We get permanent fury on enemies at less than 75% health. That’s just amazing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: HypnoticEyes.2683

HypnoticEyes.2683

Iduelist traited ain’t getting the benefits from sharper images (with perm crit should be more bleeds then untraited (8+(33%*2*8hits)~12, but gets 4 or 6), however untraited gets more (8 as intended))

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

All those new symbols give me a headache.

Chaotic Dampening is awesome. Chaos Storm can easily be off cooldown everytime I swap back to my Staff on my PvP Build. I’m still slightly bummed because of Confusing Combatants, though.

Anyone else having a bug with the Mantra Heal and Menders Purity in combination with HM? My third charge only gives me one stack of the damage buff instead of two.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Anyone else try Mental Defense? It seems like it goes on cooldown when you evade an “out of range” attacker which is annoying because it only has 900 range like Phantasmal Defender.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

So how does this one work exactly?

Protected Phantasms: Newly summoned phantasms gain distortion for 1 second. When you use a shatter skill, all illusions gain protection for 2 seconds.

Shatters destroy illusions, so if you shatter and your illusions gain protection does that mean they are staying in play? (Have not logged in yet, just curious)

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in Mesmer

Iavra.8510

No, they gain protection while they are running to their targets.

/edit: The distortion won’t prevent them being shattered, either, if that was the question.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Anyone else try Mental Defense? It seems like it goes on cooldown when you evade an “out of range” attacker which is annoying because it only has 900 range like Phantasmal Defender.

Been playing with it all afternoon actually and I think it’s going to be a staple in my build. I haven’t experienced what you’re saying, though all my playing as been duels in close contact or on point fights. Will have to keep this in mind.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

/edit: The distortion won’t prevent them being shattered, either, if that was the question.

Ah ok, thanks. that is what I had thought. But its worded badly IMHO.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

I dunno what happened to my post on the Illusion tree. O.o

killed by aoe?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Duelist’s Discipline is bugged and doesn’t work.

Mesmer sucks again. We had a good run guys.

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

All those new symbols give me a headache.

Anyone else having a bug with the Mantra Heal and Menders Purity in combination with HM? My third charge only gives me one stack of the damage buff instead of two.

yup last MoR charge doest proc mender purity ( u can hear thats no sound of it) and so only 1 charge of HM.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Just wondering – Halting Strike is completely gone, right?

No..it’s merged with Power Block trait. It’s really nice now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Maxzero.4032

Maxzero.4032

The bleed does not stack with Sharper Images which is annoying.

The CD reduction works well though. If you interrupt multiple targets with Magic bullet or Mantra of Distrction its a 25% reduction for each interrupt.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Mesmer
Maim the Disillusioned: Reduced the torment from 2 stacks for 6 seconds to 1 stack for 6 seconds.

Aaaaand it’s gone …

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m willing to bet that all attacks proccing Fencer’s finesse just if you’re wielding a sword is probably a bug.

That was my first thought as well, but upon further consideration I’d actually guess its intended. Since without that functionality it would be basically useless with offhand sword. None of the OH sword’s attacks are fast enough nor hit enough times to proc more than a couple of stacks of Finesse at a time (barring multiple enemies getting hit by the daze bolt I suppose).

And it seems like the trait is basically meant to build and maintain 10 stacks most of the time, given the short stack duration and relatively modest boost you receive per stack.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

The bleed does not stack with Sharper Images which is annoying.

The CD reduction works well though. If you interrupt multiple targets with Magic bullet or Mantra of Distrction its a 25% reduction for each interrupt.

It doesn’t work at all. Ditch your gear so you have no crit chance, you bleed exactly zero stacks with both Duelist and Magic Bullet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Which begs the question of why it’s even possible for shattering illusions to die while running to their target, considering there’s already plenty of counterplay inherent in the fact that they need to run to their target in the first place…

[/dead horse]

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger