Mesmer PvE damage

Mesmer PvE damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: yin.9653

yin.9653

Greetings all mesmers!

As the title stated above I wanted to share my input on how to improve mesmers in a more PvE outlook. I realized that mesmers have some of the most abismal damage in a PvE kind of sense and are out classed by pretty much every other class as a damage dealing source, however, for me the idea of mesmers to shatter and destroy is something that is linked with the whole theme of what a mesmer really is. Someone who deals damage, however their roles in the PvE content is only limited to as a support/tank due to their limited single target capabilities with clones and their poor damage.

While I do understand that every class during the patch of HoT got great things. And let me tell you mesmers I feel like changed the most out of all the classes with just the split continum ability alone, I feel that that didn’t help mesmers where they fell short on in what they lacked the most and they just keep sinking deeper into a pit of a support role rather then make up for a better play style in PvE. I never found any faults in them in PvP as I feel like they were pretty decent pre HoT.

I just say this because all the other classes seem to be viable where ever they go and are able to use multiple and diverse builds whether it be pvp, pve, and wvw. However, mesmers no matter where they go are mostly used as supports and not seen as damage dealers. I say this because no one wants more then one mesmers in raids due to them only being viable as a “chrono tank” no one wants more then one mesmer in a dungeon due to their terrible damage and only one is needed as “utility” but you can run a dungeon with multiple warriors, guardians, elementalists, and still complete it before dinner time, while a team with multiple mesmers, will come home to a dinner that is freezing cold due to the lack of time speed.

I just wanted to point out that there are a lot of classes out there that are so so versitle and can do very well in pretty much every catagory of the game, however I just see that mesmers are falling short in some areas (PvE) that just needs to be looked at. There are a lot of people who are AMAZING mesmers and can bring a lot to a raid, dungeon, team, but are tossed aside due to them being so limiting as a class, not as a player, and being boxed into “support” roles.

My idea of improving the mesmers is obviously with a new weapon. I was thinking of the hammer since that one isn’t currently being used by the mesmer and give them a lot more ground targeting skills like the elementalists staff. and can even change the way the F skills function much like how the gaurdians F skills got changed once they switched to Dragon hunters. I’m really just tired of doing no damage to in animate objects like the burrows in Ascalon Catacombs and always having to bring in my elementalists, warrior, guardian. I shouldn’t have to switch to another class to be able to complete a dungeon due to the fact a class doesn’t have the capabilities to destroy burrows in a timely manner. Every player should be able to rely on themselves to “carry” low content like dungeons and not have to rely on a more suitable class to clear things like burrows. And every Mesmer player shouldn’t be tossed aside because our class limits us on what we can and can not do in raids, dungeons, fractles. No mesmer should be tossed aside because there is already a chrono tank and they don’t need another mesmer. No more “Oh I’ll switch to my elementalists/Guardian/Warrior, we don’t need this many mesmers”

Thank you for your time in reading this, I really appreciate it! and feel free if you have any Ideas or if I said something wrong please feel free to voice your opinion as well.

Mesmer PvE damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

So that was a lot of text to say you want Mesmers to use hammers.

Everyone knows that Mesmer damage is pathetic, but one single weapon (without an inkling of specifics) is hardly going to change that.

A more productive approach would be to formulate just exactly how Anet could improve Mesmer’s damage (in terms of existing skills and traits, or a new spec entirely); what could be added? what could be changed?

Simply saying “I want Mesmers to use hammers” is just that, and does not direct your topic to Mesmer dps like your title suggests.

Kiss the chaos.

Mesmer PvE damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Yeah, I’ll concur with DeathReign here. That was an awful lot of text to say “All of the mesmer problems would be fixed with this perfect new weapon that I’ve imagined”. I mean, you didn’t even lay out any specifics for how the skills would work other than “aoe stuff”.

Mesmer PvE damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: yin.9653

yin.9653

I feel like saying the reasons why is just as important as the out come of what I think. I laid out the reasons why and how it impacts the game. I don’t really care if anet will implement hammers to mesmers that was just something I just thought of, a potential fix to our damage a PvE setting. But that isn’t really what is truly important. What truly is important is that they realize WHY we need a change instead of the what if’s we had a hammer. I don’t think you guys even realized or even understood the main topic of the post.

Mesmer PvE damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

I don’t really care if anet will implement hammers to mesmers that was just something I just thought of, a potential fix to our damage a PvE setting.

Oh yeah? Then what was this all about:

As the title stated above I wanted to share my input on how to improve mesmers in a more PvE outlook.

I don’t think you guys even realized or even understood the main topic of the post.

You don’t get to play the “you missed the point” card when you are actively back paddling. You stated in your first sentence that you wanted to state “how to improve mesmers in a more PvE outlook” but now you just want to say that Mesmers have terrible dps. Yes, we know.

Kiss the chaos.

Mesmer PvE damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

If you think developers implement any changes suggested by forums, you haven’t played this game long enough.

They don’t even have public test realms to put out changes for feedback in case they need to change/revert them.

They just announce their class changes the day before the patch hits or the same day the patch hits, and you have to swallow whatever they force on you.

Mesmer PvE damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

To improve PvE dmg i would suggest better illusion mechanic. Illusions dont die as long as the mesmer is in combat, Illusions teleport to target when shattering. Gove scepter #2 and sword #4 something like a block “bubble” like guardian has on mace → bigger block area more Illusions.
Improve greatsword dmg and AoE capabbilities.
→ for example instead of summoning a illusion that attacks with the warrior spin attack, give it something similar to the guardian spin attack. Make the AA ricochet similar to DH longbow AA.
Increase range on sword #3.
Morph the Fokus swiftness line to a circle and it should pulse some dmg.

These are my suggestion as i think they would improve PvE experience.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Mesmer PvE damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I just fear that even if they did put out an elite spec that turned the mesmer into a damage dealer, we’d still be forced to use Chrono because the community now relies on alacrity and quickness.

Mesmer PvE damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I just fear that even if they did put out an elite spec that turned the mesmer into a damage dealer, we’d still be forced to use Chrono because the community now relies on alacrity and quickness.

Either chrono will be nerfed even more, our new elite spec will deal damage on par with tempests right now so people would make room for both Mirage and chrono in their squads, or the other new elite specs will contain utility on par with chrono (even if it isn’t the exact same as alacrity)

Mesmer PvE damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

It won’t matter if our damage is on par with a tempest, a group will still prefer us to go chrono for the two buffs and pick up a temptest/other dps. Alacrity and Quickness are the new drugs of PvE and we are the dealers…unless the new one comes with them or another profession’s new spec can take them from us, it seems they’ve locked the mesmer into this one.

Mesmer PvE damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

It won’t matter if our damage is on par with a tempest, a group will still prefer us to go chrono for the two buffs and pick up a temptest/other dps. Alacrity and Quickness are the new drugs of PvE and we are the dealers…unless the new one comes with them or another profession’s new spec can take them from us, it seems they’ve locked the mesmer into this one.

What I said was that if our damage was on par with tempests then people would make room for both a chrono and a Mirage if they were competent. I never said mirage would replace chrono in the lineup.

Mesmer PvE damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

… What truly is important is that they realize WHY we need a change instead of the what if’s we had a hammer.

If that what was important, I couldn’t find it in your post. It was drowned out by the hammer stuff.

Frankly, Even with the bad damage you claim you get, it seems to me that Mesmer aren’t really too hard done by for PVE. I think that just goes to show that there is more to PVE in this game than damage.

Mesmer PvE damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

If Mirage is more of a DPS-orientated? Well, that’s great and all, but I never really chose to play Mesmer because I expected it to be a heavy hitter. Honestly, if I want damage as a Mesmer I swap over to a condi build, otherwise I realize that I’m a buffing-bot in the PvE scene.

Mesmer PvE damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

What I said was that if our damage was on par with tempests then people would make room for both a chrono and a Mirage if they were competent. I never said mirage would replace chrono in the lineup.

I find this thinking a bit too selfish in the idea that no other class will ever be able to provide worthwhile amounts of quickness (and alacrity) to ever replace the Chrono because Mesmer shouldn’t be able to replace the DPS if a DPS can’t replace the Mesmer. Basically a lot of people are complaining about raid diversity being dead. The next round of elite specs ideally would fix that problem, not make it 1 chrono 2 mirage per subgroup.

Ideally, raid groups should be 1 grace of the land/healer, 1 might/buff and 1 quickness/utility bot per group with 2 DPS and I think it should stay that way for easier balance. Currently the classes to fill those roles are super obvious. If the new elite specs bring more unique buffs, raid comps will just be 5 buffers no pure DPS in the future. In order to prevent that, unique buffs cant be so unique. Quickness needs to not just be a chrono thing. Grace of the land etc can’t be just a Druid thing, it has to be a healer elite spec thing.

One of the reasons I was really pushing for Rune of the Chrono to be AOE quickness when they mentioned nerfing SoI is that it also buffs Necromancers. Power Necro is weak DPS. Well spam necro provides regen, protection and vampiric aura to allies and other support. Those runes, if AOE, would make a decent quickness support out of necro. Maybe the new necro elite spec gets aoe quickness with an elite skill. It wouldn’t bring alacrity and distortion share BUT it does more damage than power chrono and is easier to play. We now have build diversity in that each subgroup has the option of bringing two kinds of quickness support.

I do want mesmer to be able to do DPS but it doesn’t seem fair for them to be able to if something like this doesn’t happen.

Mesmer PvE damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

I’m not convinced that a new weapon would be a good solution to mesmer’s damage issues. Attempting to fix it via weapon skills would just make everything else completely worthless.

I’d rather that they just add in significantly better damage multiplying traits. A lot of the major complaints that people have about mesmer damage (high ramp up time, horrible AoE) would be fixed if the shatter focused playstyle’s numbers were buffed to the point where it’s actually playable.

Mesmer PvE damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Can’t we just all be happy were wanted in all game modes i mean even the condi build is strong on like 2 raid bosses if ur looking for dps.