Mesmer "Shatter Me" Video Contest!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

If you haven’t heard it yet, check out the song “Shatter Me” by the marvelous Lindsey Stirling. How much more Mesmer can you get!?

CONTEST

Create an awesome Mesmer video using the song “Shatter Me” (link) as the theme. Video must include:

• Interesting use of Mesmer abilities.
  • Gameplay, preferably from all formats. (PvE, PvP, WvW)
  • At least one stylish Mesmer.

PRIZES

I will be going out of my way to reach out to miss Stirling herself and submit the winning videos to her as a sort of tribute both to GW and to her hard work as an excellent violinist. If it sounds crazy, it’s not. She’s a person just like the rest of us and can be contacted all the same with a little bit of effort.

• 1st place: 30g & secret prize
  • 2nd place: 20g & secret prize
  • 3rd place: 15g

(All prizes are coming from my pocket. If anyone has anything to donate, me love you longtime.)

RULES

• One entry per person.
  • Entries must be submitted to this thread or PMed to Chaos Archangel.5071
  • Videos must be no longer than the duration of the song, (4:50) this does not include any pre/post video credits.
  • To avoid copyright issues muting the video, please do not post videos before the deadline.
  • DEADLINE Voting is finished!

ENTRANTS

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Wow, shatters, butterflies, clocks and pink dress in the same video o.O

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Is her whole album mesmer-themed? :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg7L0OQiN78

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

She does a ton of video game covers, so I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it were.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Oh’man oh’man oh’man, this sounds like the perfect opportunity for me to finally post some killshot mesmer footage!

:D

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

I would have loved to do it. But my computer s****. I have between 10 and 16 FPS in best cases which is already annoying for PvP. If I record at the same time, my FPS goes down to 5…

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I choreographed a contemporary dance routine to this song once, does that count for the contest?

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

I choreographed a contemporary dance routine to this song once, does that count for the contest?

Well you’re a Mesmer so.. I don’t see why not. (and I’d really like to see that)=P Got any vid/links?

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Well you’re a Mesmer so.. I don’t see why not. (and I’d really like to see that)=P Got any vid/links?

We never recorded it, but I could possibly record a version of it with just myself, as I most remember the steps. We only got about halfway through it before scrapping it and doing a tap routine to a different song, which was recorded, albeit poorly hahaha.

The shatter me dance, it started off all puppetty (which would look weird by myself haha) then it went to amore modern lyrical section with turns and leaps and floor parts. If only I was a mesmer in real life that could just make clones dance for me!

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Laceration.4290

Laceration.4290

Good song from a great artist and I can see why it would be chosen for a contest like this due to the lyrics.

If only people knew there’a a old EBM artist with lyrics such as :

I could scream myself to sleep
If it would shatter the illusion
But I can’t give in to this
It’s the noise that makes me human

Good luck to everyone that participates!

Dr Laceration [AiD]
YouTube?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Good competition, looking forward to watching some beautiful videos.

I think xiao (I think that’s his/her forum username though apologies I can’t remember the number – Tsuki Yomi) already has a great slightly older video now with this song.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guapo.1624

Guapo.1624

Whipped up this little video for the competition. I haven’t been able to play much recently so this was a nice little way to get back into making some Mesmer videos

Cheers!
My Face Is Pi

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

@Chaos: Wow I really love this. Amazing idea.
Btw, Chaos, maybe when u contact Miss Stirling, ask her to try playing Gw2 as mesmer =P (if shes not playing already).

Wow, shatters, butterflies, clocks and pink dress in the same video o.O

Soon it will be the universal language of chaos and mesmerism. And just popular as English. -evil laugh-

Also, I like to think that “Beyond The Veil” shows what a PU mesmer actually does when they’re in stealth. xD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Decimus.1829

Decimus.1829

Just sayin’, I did post this thread in June:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/PvP-Shatter-Mesmer-Gameplay-Video/first#post5191166

I’d like to use it if possible, but since in contains 2 of her songs it may be disqualified, which I understand. So, I may just have to make a new one!!! Great idea for a contest btw!! What a great tune for a Mesmer montage. (If anyone is curious, my wife is a choreographer and brought the song to my attention).

(edited by Decimus.1829)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Matty.1953

Matty.1953

Oh I’ve been working on my mesmer specific mechanics a lot recently, can’t wait to record some super flashy kitten

in Mesmer

Posted by: Reborn D.2769

Reborn D.2769

Well i really want to try but since the ennemy server love his tower i can’t make a video Mesmer vs Door, it will be boring =_=

in Mesmer

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Count me in.

A sample of some of my previous music vids

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

bumping with full body length

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Without further adieu, for your viewing pleasure, I present The Killshot Mesmer.

You’re welcome.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Chaos smells

also bump.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

here is my version with the build i playing condi shatter (boon share)
on 5 min try to put in some harder fights (at the end 1v3 and manage to down 1 ele)
hope you like it

you wont see here high dmg which is so common and no 100-0 burst and no stealth abuse

(edited by messiah.1908)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Without further adieu, for your viewing pleasure, I present The Killshot Mesmer.

You’re welcome.

That intro speech is awesome

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

You’re welcome.

That intro speech is awesome

When the movie “Up” came out, many people left the cinemas saying that the first 15 minutes alone was worth the price of admission.

I like to think Up was preemptively inspired by me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

BUMPING!

And maybe I’ll participate as well. <3

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

BUMPING!

And maybe I’ll participate as well. <3

I mean, you can if you want, but I’d say the winner is already plain and clear cut. But sure, have fun ;D

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Final bump for final entries.

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Will send mine tomorrow.

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Ok, video posted a bit earlier than first planed. As expected, I did have trouble with FPS and image quality, so I apologize for that.

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Will have an update on this later tonight, been a frantic couple of weeks!

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

As an update, due to the fact that I’ve been having a rather insane few weeks, I’m gonna push the final date for the contest will be next weekend. The winners will be decided by community vote.

Sorry for the silence, but I’ve had nearly no time to post.

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Any update? Or does next week-end mean 26th-27th?

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Yeah, I think I phrased it wrong. It should’ve been “weekend after next.” Either way, an update!

So this coming weekend will be the last days to submit for the contest. Tomorrow I’ll post the letter that I’ll be sending to miss Sterling to make sure we all approve of the message.

Also, as far as judging goes, the victors will be decided by community vote.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

And a week late, but it is time ladies and gentlefolk! Please vote for your favorite video in the OP, either here if you’re feeling sassy or in a PM if you’d rather be a bit more bashful.

One vote per person, please!

And as for the letter to Miss Sterling, it’ll go a little something like this:

Dear Lindsay Sterling

I know you’re a busy woman, making fantastic music for thousands upon thousands, so I won’t take up too much of your time. I know you’re a big fan of videogames, and have seen plenty of your videogame-based videos. Your song “Shatter Me” happens to perfectly fit the Mesmer class in the Guild Wars 2 videogame, and has inspired several players (who happen to be content creators) to create AMVs using your song as a theme.

The butterflies, the shattered glass, the clockwork, it all perfectly matches the Mesmer, which is a mage class that specializes in “shattering” illusions to defeat foes. So as a result, we’ve created a friendly competition to see who the community believes created the best “Shatter Me Mesmer Video,” all inspired by you. Here are the top 3 winners, and though you may never actually see this we had to atleast make the effort to bring this to your attention.

We love you much, please don’t smite me down with a lawsuit. No one is making any money from this! Though I’m sure a little extra publicity doesn’t hurt.

Much love and respect, from the Mesmer community!

While a decent core template, its.. Kinda lacking some of that Chaos-humor though. o_O Must work on that. Regardless, what say you? Anything we should add/change?

AND DON’T FORGET TO VOTE! AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS, MAKE THEM VOTE! SASS THEM IF NEED BE. SASS THEM SO HARD!

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Could you gather all the videos in the competition? I gathered a few links above, but there may be some more.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Could you gather all the videos in the competition? I gathered a few links above, but there may be some more.

I have, up in the original post! =D

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Ok, thanks… I missed that part
I like all the videos, but have a small preference for Guapo because I just liked the fights and Messiah because he uses a different build and shows more team fights which made it more unique. Since I can only vote for one I believe, I will say Messiah

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Bumping now that the BWE is coming to an end

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

@Silverkey: even though your vid gave me such a headache, I still vote for you. +1 for the extra effort and creativity.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

1. Silverkey: simply because of creativity.
2. Messiah: not really because of the build but because of the cool playing. I really liked the ending. You handled that meteor shower perfectly and popped that time warp at just the right time.
3. Buton: Just because it was hilarious. However, lets be honest, your just taking advantage of mesmer noobs.

I enjoyed all the others as well. An honorable mention goes to Decimus. I felt like it was kinda disqualified since it was too long and the videos were taken a long time ago. However, if it was recent and short enough to follow the rules than I probably would have gave it first.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

(edited by Xstein.2187)

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

3. Buton: Just because it was hilarious. However, lets be honest, your just taking advantage of mesmer noobs.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nevhie.6079

Nevhie.6079

I vote for Guapo and Ross.

My vote based on how good the Video sync with the Music. I kinda expecting when the Song “Somebody make me feel alive and Shatter me!!” the Video showing a Shatter Mesmer mechanic 1shoot to someone. Or when “Dizzy spinning everywhere” Showing Interrupt Chain. That’s the example.

Guapo did 2x -3x Sync that’s why i vote for him.
Rose did 1×.... But when “Shatter Me!!” The Mesmer shaterred into Pieces. Not the Warrior. Still count i guess.

Cheers.
Thou this Contest would be better with Chronomancer Gameplay coz the “Time” synergy between Song and Chrono mechanic :P

Nevhíe
GreatSword Mesmer
Jade Quarry, Strike Force [SF]

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

My vote goes to guapo. Best gameplay overall, great turn around from difficult situations fits very nice into the music.
Honorable mentions to silverkey for creativity ( it was a shame its FPS and graphic quality being poor for that kind video) and for Blurry for being a new mesmer trying hard to improve.. Dont panic m8, think outside the usual combos and stick with mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Well i’m voting too:
1) Silverkey because of creativity. I love how the video is made with view on character etc…
2) Based on originality too i vote for Ross Biddle coz when other are making a video on mesmer. He is the only to make the video with another class, fighting mesmer. Moreover i like the “SHATTER ME” when defeating mesmers.

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

We need more votes for the decision I guess. Someone???

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

We need more votes for the decision I guess. Someone???

I vote for MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, because that Buton guy was the only one to write and record some exposition which was super awesoooooooooom!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

I wonder if this contradicts the point or proves it further? :p

in Mesmer

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

If it was not past the voting deadline, I would vote Silverkey, for cinematic effort.

Or words to that effect.