Monztor.9207

I never use Null Field in PvE or sPvP or WvW

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheComet.6471

TheComet.6471

I run a build that doesn’t use illusions for any damage o.o

Kaineng – Co-Leader of Skrittical Hits
Sybol – Healing Bunker Charr Mesmer (80)
Dresdon Honorclaw – Zerk All-Ranged Charr Warrior | Hawke Fullmoon – Melee Ranger

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I’d like an Elite skill that spawns a Giant illusionary butterfly that fly’s into air and has a big old whirl wind of small butterflies aoe attack! Because lets face it, Mesmer’s need more butterflies!

Just imagine it, casting it on top of a keep in WvW, watching it high up in the sky just launch a billion tiny illusionary butterflies in a whirlwind so that enemies cant see anything and get damaged at the same time… oooh the dream!

OMG.

I need this.

Now.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

I never thought that the GW2 “mesmer” ever deserved ONCE his name.

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

I like purple and I like butterflies.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carkara.1846

Carkara.1846

I never unlocked MOA

I don’t have torch

I never unlocked any Mantra

I think I’m much pretier than my clone.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: GamerToukotsu.4219

GamerToukotsu.4219

I spam illusions even whenever I know they will die.

Illusory Ally [TFD]
Illusionary Ally [TFD]
Devona’s Rest

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I don’t use portal, ever
I use a GS
I feel naked when I don’t have max illusions up.
I never move- I just stand there and point my GS/Staff
Iv’e ressed my own clone.
I am in love with feedback.
I miss all my mesmer skills on my ele

Gunnar’s Hold

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: vicious.2193

vicious.2193

Angry as I may get, I always feel flattered when we get nerfed.

Do you see the sins you’re making? ‘Cuz I’ve made them all before.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

People still run from me all the time, even after the nerfs. This makes me lol.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

i secretly wish our Sword 1 moves were like the Ranger’s Sword 1, those moves somehow resemble Fencing moves which also fits more with the stylish aura we have

i think the sword 3 clone hates me, it never spawns when needed

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

I have my 100% world completion star.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: MMOJumper.8504

MMOJumper.8504

The other day I was thinking about rolling a second mesmer for my main alt… 8D
(Other professions aren’t nearly as fun to play!)

I was actually considering this too. A gigantic burly Norn.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sard.4073

Sard.4073

Um holy cow, so true. I really have tried the others, but I am clearly a career mesmer.

Confession? I rarely switch from my staff in pve, except to my gs specced to kill karkas as a weapon switch when all illusions and bubbles are up. Oh and I am completely addicted to generating exotics from the Mystic Forge. It’s pretty bad. What’s sicker is that I never sell them.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nafian.2410

Nafian.2410

I confess.

Sometimes I place my exit portal on top of an orichalcum node. Or in the middle of the TP.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Its fun to do oddly placed portals in wvw and sit back at a distance and lol yes even if it ends up with the deaths of people on my side. Sometimes you want to kill some of your “allies” it’s the best way to do it without switching servers.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I like to set a portal down in a heavily populated area and then put the exit somewhere more obscure (preferably underwater) then watch as people flow out of my exit portal slightly confused yet obviously loving it.

Mesmer portals are irresistible.

Gandara

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: PhilFernley.2680

PhilFernley.2680

My Mesmer confessions:

1. I have recently come to the realisation that my “snobbish elitism” about the Mesmer profession has been carried over to GW2 from GW1. I have no regrets about this.

2. Whenever I play my Mesmer, my song of choice is ‘This Charming Man’ by The Smiths. I see my Mesmer as a dandy vagabond.

3. Countess Anise is my fashion icon and attitude guru. That woman is a diva and one of the few portrayals we have of Mesmers that harken back to GW1. Queen Jennah has no business calling herself a Mesmer; she has neither the style or panache to pull it off. Fact.

4. Whenever I see a Necromancer or an Elementalist in Masquerade armour, I secretly pity them. You’re not us. You can’t sit with us. On Fridays, we wear pink (or fuchsia!).

5. When in WvW and not caring about whether I die, I occasionally run in to the middle of the enemy zerg and put down a portal. I have no intention of putting down the other half; I just like you to think you’re about to be portal bombed.

6. It’s not pink or purple. It’s fuchsia. Yes, I’m fully aware that it’s easier to spell pink or purple when trying to insult me in chat. But really…it’s fuchsia.

7. Whenever I’ve got 3 Clones up, I’ll rarely shatter them. When there’s more of me on the screen, the screen looks better. No one likes an ugly battle.

8. Chaos Storm and Feedback WILL be used whenever they’re off cooldown, whether required or not. More fuchsia on the screen = more win.

9. I secretly think that Lyssa hasn’t abandoned us, she’s just walked off in disgust when she saw the abomination that are Charr Mesmers. Please see points 1, 3 and 7 for my rational regarding this matter.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: faustus.8493

faustus.8493

I confess these things to you my fellow mesmers:
I also confess to charging people too much to portal them in jumping puzzles.

I confess that I have never used the torch.

I wear bright and colorful armor. My main Mesmer is a Norn!!!

I am a complete coward in WvW. I will withdraw from battle when the odds are not in my favor.

When ever I forget to send my first portal, I claim a glitch stopped me.

“Why yes, I am that kind of Mesmer.”
~Aric Landvick
~Level 80 Norn Mesmer

(edited by faustus.8493)

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

I confess its hard to play mesmer pve wise after playing engineer with perma swiftness, we are just so slow.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

When ever I forget to send my first portal, I claim a glitch stopped me.

LOL

Sometimes, I do the exact opposite, I accidentally use portal 2 times on the same spot and all it does it fool people

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Errtan.4526

Errtan.4526

@PhilFernley

I agree, as a human male mesmer high nobility was the only way to go as poor people are far to caught up in, well, being poor, to develop the flair and tastes of a mesmer. My mesmer is somewhere between Jack Sparrow and James bond, dashing and charming with a flair for the dramatic.
I feel Anet should make racial adjustments for mesmers spell effects (ridiculous I know, but fun to imagine) so that instead of a Norn popping butterflies they’re ice and snowflakes or ravens or something, etc. etc.
I confess though that I use moa morph a lot, as it seems fitting for a mesmer to render someone completely useless and silly looking, then laugh at their bumbling chickeness and duel away.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Errtan.4526

Errtan.4526

Also, I confess that I spastically click and target sometimes and have clones/phantasms running around a melee at various different targets and sometimes wonder why my shatter does so little damage to my current target.. Cause 3 different people got mind wracked… Oops

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

I’ve considered switching my main from Warrior to Mesmer until the GS nerf/bugfix/mess.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: ski.4927

ski.4927

I don’t care if I win or lose a 1v1 as I roam around WvW. I play a staff using clone Mesmer and I only care if I thoroughly frustrated the crap out of the person I was fighting before the fight ends.

Sometimes, I will even purposefully prolong a fight because I enjoy toying with my prey.

Turkish Krul – Druid

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

I want a phantasm summoned with wip as wepon, iSuccubus

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I have never used pistol as an offhand because everyone else uses it. :/

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: ski.4927

ski.4927

I am a level 80 Mesmer and I don’t own a focus, sword, greatsword, or pistol.

Turkish Krul – Druid

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ayanavi.1904

Ayanavi.1904

Make it act like iWarden/The Nightmare Court’s AoE whip, but with a wider range.

Instead of inflicting bleed, it inflicts AoE confusion stacks.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Prelude.3817

Prelude.3817

Once I won a 1v2 without losing a single hp.
(but they were bad, i feel a bit guilty :p)

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: SuperSpicyCurry.2415

SuperSpicyCurry.2415

I pretend my illusions are yelling in Arabic when they’re running to shatter… I’m a terrible person…

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I pretend my illusions are yelling in Arabic when they’re running to shatter… I’m a terrible person…

I confess I’m mad that I didn’t think of it first.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I confess I’m mad that I didn’t think of it first.

The same thought has crossed my mind many times while playing WvW.

I confess, there were a few days a couple weeks back that I started doubting my sceptre/torch weapon choice after reading so much doubt and hate from people on the mesmer forum. The prize was in the pudding however, and those doubts faded quickly with each and every fight I won, especially those against mesmers of other weapon types

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: steelwolf.9864

steelwolf.9864

I reskinned my exotic armor to the starter skin…

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Okuza.5210

Okuza.5210

I’m not sure “cool whip” counts as a weapon.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: TrevorEh.6915

TrevorEh.6915

Since the Dec 3 nerfs (bugs)…… I’ve been playing Minecraft.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gubrz.7283

Gubrz.7283

Confession:

My Mesmer isn’t wearing any underware. But don’t get too excited because hes a hairy, pear-shaped, 385lb norn named “Sretchy-Pants”.

:)

MMmmmmmmm!!!! ok except for the stretchy pants…

i like to stand around n wait for a wanderer to find me in wvw, then double portal drop and toss out decoy/mirror images and attack so it looks like my team just set up an ambush, and watch the thief(its ALWAYS a thief…) take off running

(edited by Gubrz.7283)

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I refuse to wear purple…

I have 4 80’s so that in case they randomly have a crippling bug on mes I can still play gw2 on the others.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I don’t use portal. I still use greatsword.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ayanavi.1904

Ayanavi.1904

I like to use Illusion of Life on people who are downed on the map. Almost always they get up assuming they’ve rallied or something, and then wander off – A few seconds later, my minimap is cluttered with Dead Player marks.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: MMOJumper.8504

MMOJumper.8504

I like to use Illusion of Life on people who are downed on the map. Almost always they get up assuming they’ve rallied or something, and then wander off – A few seconds later, my minimap is cluttered with Dead Player marks.

I’ve always wanted to do that soooo much, but never got around to it

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Sometimes I pretend myself to be a ritu. (Actually I enjoy having 2in1, it’s like Buy one, get one free! xD)

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

When I still used to play, I laid down portals in the BLTC HQ leading to planks or cliffs high above ground and watched people thinking they would end up in the crafting corner fall to their deaths.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: gymdawg.6347

gymdawg.6347

I run torch. constantly.

I also run a stealth based build. that focuses on healing. but i don’t use it for support.

I tend to hit only the 2 button with staff.

I use chaos storm on one mob.

I haven’t used scepter since October.

I’ve never hit F4 before.

During the karka final event I put out 3 clones, went out to lunch, and came back to still have all 3 (true story, that event took FOREVER).

I purposely put portals in random places in LA so people get lost.

I’ve used mirror. once.

WE should make a commandment list for these! “Thou shalt not use Torch” :P

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I was actually considering this too. A gigantic burly Norn.

I did make another mesmer for an alt
It was such a relief to stop trying to pretend to like the other professions

Gunnar’s Hold

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Namzarr Ironforge.3586

Namzarr Ironforge.3586

My Mesmer confessions:

1. I have recently come to the realisation that my “snobbish elitism” about the Mesmer profession has been carried over to GW2 from GW1. I have no regrets about this.

2. Whenever I play my Mesmer, my song of choice is ‘This Charming Man’ by The Smiths. I see my Mesmer as a dandy vagabond.

3. Countess Anise is my fashion icon and attitude guru. That woman is a diva and one of the few portrayals we have of Mesmers that harken back to GW1. Queen Jennah has no business calling herself a Mesmer; she has neither the style or panache to pull it off. Fact.

4. Whenever I see a Necromancer or an Elementalist in Masquerade armour, I secretly pity them. You’re not us. You can’t sit with us. On Fridays, we wear pink (or fuchsia!).

5. When in WvW and not caring about whether I die, I occasionally run in to the middle of the enemy zerg and put down a portal. I have no intention of putting down the other half; I just like you to think you’re about to be portal bombed.

6. It’s not pink or purple. It’s fuchsia. Yes, I’m fully aware that it’s easier to spell pink or purple when trying to insult me in chat. But really…it’s fuchsia.

7. Whenever I’ve got 3 Clones up, I’ll rarely shatter them. When there’s more of me on the screen, the screen looks better. No one likes an ugly battle.

8. Chaos Storm and Feedback WILL be used whenever they’re off cooldown, whether required or not. More fuchsia on the screen = more win.

9. I secretly think that Lyssa hasn’t abandoned us, she’s just walked off in disgust when she saw the abomination that are Charr Mesmers. Please see points 1, 3 and 7 for my rational regarding this matter.

1.) I am a charr mesmer and I have a frilly white colar, your argument is invalid.

2.) Pretending to be a stealth thief

illusion or reality… What do you choose?

(edited by Namzarr Ironforge.3586)

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Okuza.5210

Okuza.5210

Yesterday in CoE, I saw a groupmate trying to raise one of my downed clones. So, I joined her. Noticing the raise cluster, others pitched in. The entire team was working on raising my clone mid-battle until it butterflied.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: arcalimo.3682

arcalimo.3682

When downed in dungeons, I use #2 when my guildies start to help just to see them waste their time on a clone!

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: daesedai.3708

daesedai.3708

I’m a smexy mesmer, so I like to target something in the water while standing a ledge and using mirror images and phase retreat. Then touch myselves.

Mesmer confessions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Merkenary.9860

Merkenary.9860

I like killing other mesmers more than thieves.

I can’t stop shooting thieves in the face

I have used every available weapon and think they’re all useful

I often hide behind myself!

Seraphim Martyrs BURN
Borlis Pass