Mesmer counters his own confusion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kitabake.8291

Kitabake.8291

There is big problem with confusion and it will never be valuable and reliable until it gets rework. I’m not here to give you answers just draw a problem.
What is best situation in which confusion is good?
-enemies are attacking fast,
-enemies have quickness,
-enemies are not stunned/dazed/knocked down etc,
-when enemies have no slow on them.
How Mesmer counters confusion state?
-Interrupts/stuns and so on… are not letting enemies do their actions,
-removing quickness from enemies by destroying boons,
-slowing enemies with “slow” condition,
-escaping melee enemies so they can’t attack you AKA do action.

My solutions probably are not the smartest ones in the world but u can debate on them if you wish.

1. Make confusion do higher dmg on enemies that do not preform actions,
2. Make confusion low dmg tick as bleed and when enemies are infected with stuns/daze/interrupts do high tick of confusion dmg.

I made this post just becouse i would like to see mesmer condi be valuable choice in future. I don’t know answer to problem. I’m just saying how mesmer counters one of his main sources of condi dmg.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I agree there is anti-synergy. In many cases, the efficiency depends on how well you build and you play to prevent/reduce this anti synergy. So I don’t think this is a problem as such.

My main problem are traits like mistrust who try to have an interrupt-confusion playstyle while those two don’t work together. I actually suggested a possible fix in my mesmer rework (see my signature) which is that mistrust reduces the stun/daze duration and instead add a blind. It keeps a bit of defense but without preventing a good use of the confusion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I’ve been thinking about this same problem too. Confusion is way too counter-intuitive to how many stuns mesmers have. I do agree that a very simple solution is for a dazed/stunned enemy to take a lot more damage per tick of confusion.

I also feel that a good fix is to tackle the issue in reverse. There should be more enemies in pve that do less damage per attack but attack much faster. Not only would this make confusion more attactive, it would help with defensive stat sets and rune sets/traits that proc effects from blocks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades Of Fatalis.1279

Blades Of Fatalis.1279

I think mistrust works fine the way it is. is it counterintuitive? very. does it still work extremely well? absolutely: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmfp92Y_UtU&feature=youtu.be

in Mesmer

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Getting CCD wile under confusion shood make spike damage of 2x confusion DMG on action only way it would not breake lore. It actually shood be added to mistrust trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades Of Fatalis.1279

Blades Of Fatalis.1279

I like that. more reason to play dueling line
might finally get some other mesmers to drop inspiration if that actually happened.

(edited by Blades Of Fatalis.1279)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Robert Gee

Robert Gee

Game Designer

June 23rd Update

“The skill-use damage will also now trigger when the affected target is interrupted during skill activation.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

June 23rd Update

“The skill-use damage will also now trigger when the affected target is interrupted during skill activation.”

Lol. Take my +1 and have a good weekend.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Went in game to double check the interaction before saying you were wrong about interrupt/confusion interaction and I come back to a red post o-O.

Confusion bonus proc is caused by both the enemy starting to cast an ability as well as you interrupting a channeled ability. So you get double confusion damage from interrupts there. Otherwise it’s a single proc for interrupting non channeled skills.

It’s not as bad as you think. Slow helps land said interrupts. The issue is that breakbars make this near pointless in PvE and rediculous amounts of stability compared to boon strip (or lack there of) from condi builds that go dueling is the issue.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

June 23rd Update

Stay and chat a while!

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

in Mesmer

Posted by: Heartpains.7312

Heartpains.7312

STOP buffing condition mesmers, and if anet decided to change something related to “condition” please do consider other classes as well.

While you are looking at something to change/buff there is the chrono trait “Lost Time” make it triggers mantra of pain instead of this 2s slow.

“Danger Time” you can change this as well into something else.

in Mesmer

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Stay and chat a while!

I think he already unlocked the team’s achievement for this year’s Mesmer forum dev post.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

(edited by msalakka.4653)