Mesmer current status

Mesmer current status

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shelter.9720

Shelter.9720

Hello people I am back after taking a long break from GW2.

Since I plan on doing WvW and PvE content ( dungeons , events , etc. ) I would like to know how good are Mesmers now.

Can they handle themselves in PvE while leveling , be useful in dungeons ( support and dps ) and help in WvW?

Mesmer current status

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

• No
  • Yes (Yes and Medium)
  • Yes

Mesmer current status

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

Yes to all, were fine in pve leveling, i honestly have no idea what all the continued fuss is about, there of course is no denying around level 40 you start to become noticeably more powerful but before that i felt just fine also

PvE Dungeons were great in, badly played mesmers may give some groups the idea were nothing except portal vendors, so you may have to prove them wrong sometimes but you will with a vengeance.

WvW, we can do more than help we can be down right nasty the mesmer holds some of the most powerful tools in WvW, we can command on the front lines, from the back, be pure support, mix etc be good roamers / harassers though you may get caught as you don’t have the speed to outrun everything all the time.

there is a high skill ceiling, so don’t expect to hit 80 get exotics and start destroying stuff (you could of course) but as you progress and get better and better that is when the mesmer really starts to shine, Kylia, Pyro, Buka to name just a few are good examples of truly shining in there respective fields.

Mesmer current status

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Yes to all, were fine in pve leveling

It’s not that we aren’t fine, it’s just that warriors are ridiculously overpowered from the start so it looks like we’re broken.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Mesmer current status

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Yes to all!

I had no issues pve levelling either, if you are fluent in ur playstyle and comfortable with mesmer tricks, then you will have no problem. I was levelling in zones like 5 levels higher throughout the entire journey lolol

Definitely no issue in the rest either

You’ll need to really plan ur build, something that fits you especially. some people play zerker with no problem while others might opt for more defensive traits. some people go all offensive with gs, sword etc, while others might stick with staff. In tougher dungeons I do suggest staff at all times though

I don’t think we’re necessarily lacking in any aspect. Thieves and warriors may still be OP, but i mean its still possible to be effective against them, depending on ur own skill

Mesmer current status

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shelter.9720

Shelter.9720

Alright Thanks everyone for taking your time to answer. Really helped

Mesmer current status

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

For leveling, I suggest you run GS + Staff or GS + Sword/Focus. Dump skill points into Domination(GS and interrupts) and then Chaos(Staff, defense, and interrupts) or Inspiration(Focus and fantasmal phantasms).

WvW is a more complex concern and depends on what you’re going after. Either way, it’s hard to go wrong with the 20/20/0/0/30 vuln shatter build or the more durable 0/20/20/0/30 might shatter build.

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/