Mesmer names

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

Cause I’m planning on making one and just want a few ideas to help ease naming.

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: jenzie.4083

jenzie.4083

Deceitful is a word I think fits the mesmer, here’s some synonyms.
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/deceitful

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nighthelm.6427

Nighthelm.6427

E.g. I went with a charr Mesmer.
Mesmer has some mystic feel to it.
Charrs are big cats with sharp claws, teeth etc.
Mystic, mysterious, myst…
Cats, claws, claw, teeth, tooth..

Mystooth.
So it’s basically a play with words. You can do the same.

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I just went with my usual name that I use for games. I felt that Mesmer was a “I don’t give a s**t” kind of profession, being a mage that wields swords like it’s nothing and chooses to shoot laser beams instead of slashing with a GS. If you pick something elegant, concise but cool sounding, you should be fine in any standard.

If you need a last name, like Nighthelm suggests, something to do with the mists, mystery, illusions, deceit… stuff like that.

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Feaduin.7603

Feaduin.7603

I named mine Antoine Mesmer in homage to the original Mesmer, Franz Anton Mesmer.

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Hm, my Mesmer (which is my main character) is a human female, and according to the story I’ve chosen, of noble descent. So I wanted a name that sounds like it could belong to a human noble, but also has the Mesmer-theme in it. Eventually, I’ve found two words: “Alusia”, which according to the dictionary is another term for “mental delusion” or even things like “phantasm”, “hallucination” or “illusion”. And then “alate”, which, again according to the dictionary, is another word for “winged”. Thus, I called her Alusia Alate, which I do not pronounce like the original english words I guess… but it’s a name after all. ^^ Also, most of the armor and weapon-skins I use with her have some feather/wing-theme… that’s partly a coincidence, though.

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Shatteroar? Shimmerfang? Uh.. Telepanther? Pride of Mirrors? Chaotic Claws?

Dreameater? .. I’m lousy with Charr. X.x

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

Shatteroar? Shimmerfang? Uh.. Telepanther? Pride of Mirrors? Chaotic Claws?

Dreameater? .. I’m lousy with Charr. X.x

The OP didn’t mention they were making a Charr, specifically, someone else used that as an example. =) Though, racially, Charr have an interesting way of naming themselves. They have their first name, but their “surname” is half their warband name and half something of meaning to them (perhaps their ancestry, something about their legion, or something referring to their character – Rox’s original name was Rox Pickheart).

Many names I used are recycled from other games I have played, a few are new. Playing with words or names you already know or like is a good way to start. Keep in mind the race you choose also has a specific “region” their names will hail to. Charr have names and ranks that sound very Greek or Roman. Sylvari have Welsh/Gaelic/Irish sounding names.

When in doubt, you can always hit some name sites. Here are a few of my favorites: Baby Names. If I don’t see what I like here I usually hit up a generator site. Sevent Sanctum and Serendipity are my go-to sites for generators.

Good luck!

(edited by Calliope.8675)

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I named my other mesmer Charr Banger. She’s a human.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Bruce. V mesmah sounding.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Spky.7693

Spky.7693

I think I have one of the best Mesmer names:

Deception!

Shame it’s only a level one ele at the moment!

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

Screw this tacky thesaurus use.

Look back into history a little. No not as far as Franz Mesmer, a little more recent. Into some pop-culture, look for something that inspires you.

Here’s an example of how I came up with my Mesmer’s final name and I’m still really pleased with it:

Catwoman. Who doesn’t love Catwoman (except that Halle Berry mess but I digress)?
Well I did a little research into the character, into her creators, and where they got the inspiration for Catwoman from.
Created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger, she was inspired by Bob’s cousin; and her name?

Ruth Steel. What a bad kitten name for a woman in the 1940’s. So that’s it.

So my advice is to just research and dig deeper and you’ll reach something you really love. And it’ll sound a whole lot better than PHANTASMAL DELUSION or something just as tacky.

\o/

(edited by kylwilson.9137)

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kael.4538

Kael.4538

My current Mesmer main is “Mordrak The Jackal”. Mordrak is the name of a character who summons ghosts to defend himself(i.e. clones/phantasms). “The Jackal” because Mesmers seem like the ultimate troll profession, and therefore a laughing jackal(hyena) fits the bill nicely.

My strategy for naming anything is to go for references and things that fit the theme.

Remember the Mesmers.

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

Yeah I was going for the typical women mind game trick theme I really appreciate all the tips I get within such a short time. I’m just gonna dig deeper like what kylwilson stated. Charr banger XDlol

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

For me it was also the combination of my Race and my Profession which is mesmer of course^^
The race was choosen long before the start of guild wars 2 when i read the book “ghosts of ascalon” in which i was so fascinated by that sylvari necromancer named “Killeen” that i HAD to create a sylvari.

Now how to combine these two?
One of my favorite skills back in guild wars 1 was “Mind Wrack” (yes i’m quite happy to have it as one of my favorite skills in gw2 as well) so i thought like “hey i could come up with something that contains ‘Mind’… it fits the mesmer so well!”
Now the sylvari part was kinda easy… i just thought of beautiful flowers and came up with “blossom” which i used to create the name for my mesmer: “Mindblossom”

ADD
Back in Guild Wars (1) my mesmer, which was also my main of course, was called “Me Games Ma” I came up with this name when i was like 13 or 14 years old. It’s just the thing that I found a build on the internet that was called Mega Mesma so i tried to get this name and came up with “Me Games Ma (MeGa mesMa)”

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

(edited by Me Games Ma.8426)

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Moamancer. Moa shall rise!

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

In my case, I just went with the idea that Sylvari names tend to run in the Gaelic/Arthurian vein, and modded the spelling of a preexisting Arthurian name.
Thus, we have good ’ol Malegryne running about.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: PandaBear.7510

PandaBear.7510

I’d say about 85% of all my characters (I have 13) have names that came from Game of Thrones lol. I have 3 female mesmers. The first one (and my most beloved) is an asura named Nymeria. The second is a human named Lady Nymeria. The third is a glorious norn named Nymeria Sand.

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

Do you know Harvey Specter from TV Show Suits? Well Im thinking of rolling a human mesmer that looks like him which is gonna be called Harvey Scepter. But i really want an asura too so i cant decide. You could play on the name of an existing character too!

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alexandar.8934

Alexandar.8934

Mine is Dorian Gray. I think that story fits a certain type of Mesmer.

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

I’d say about 85% of all my characters (I have 13) have names that came from Game of Thrones lol. I have 3 female mesmers. The first one (and my most beloved) is an asura named Nymeria. The second is a human named Lady Nymeria. The third is a glorious norn named Nymeria Sand.

I really really like Sand as a surname.

\o/

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

My name is Karma Mindbreaker.

I chose that name because, Karma is the state of action and principle that has cause and effect. Giving out to receive something in return, or what goes around, comes around, what you put out, you get back. Jus like Chaos Storm and Chaos Armor, you hit me, I will give you conditions and recieve boons in the process. I felt the name Karma would be a good fit for a mesmer.

I chose the last name Mindbreaker to further express my love of being a manipulator of reality, illusions, and mental control over my enemies. Plus I love shattering my victims mental state.

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

(edited by Purecura.1795)

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drgori.5724

Drgori.5724

Mesmer name : “Obviously Not Me”. Pretty self explanatory…

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I went with “Ben the Annoying” since I generally play CI Interrupts.

I find that if you want a easy name just pick a first name and a “title.” I like symmetrical alliteration as well, my Engi’s name is Bad Hat Ben. Names that that flow well.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

I called my mesmer Lo Bridge. I bet you can’t guess why =D

Attachments:

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

At least in my case, you’ve already won that bet. I seriously have no idea. He looks kinda uhm… special, though. ^^

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

At least in my case, you’ve already won that bet. I seriously have no idea. He looks kinda uhm… special, though. ^^

Because he’s an Asura which means he’s short. =D

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

Mesmer names

in Mesmer

Posted by: Scourge.1563

Scourge.1563

Mine Sinister Illusions …………..

Naz Gul-Necro/Witch King-Revenant
Watching you Bleed makes me smile…………
Titanium Horde (TANK)(Borlis Pass)