Mesmerized: July 15th

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Welcome to Mesmerized, our Mesmer only podcast!

This week our two hosts, Kylia Deprigen and Pyroatheist have no idea what they are doing (what else is new?) and bring you a podcast of whatever comes to mind, with a little help from the official forums Kylia and Pyro manage to address some of the issues plaguing our Mesmer community while coming up with some new ideas for our class.

As always Pyro and Kylia bring you differing thoughts and opinions but ultimately provide you with a podcast that is about and for their favorite class… The Mesmer!
http://sittingonacouch.com/the-gw2-mesmer-podcast-mesmerized-we-dont-know-either/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

Thanks as always, Bas, looking forward to hearing it.

EDIT: Just an FYI, I’m unable to connect to the site right now, keeps timing out. No specific error code. Will try again later, of course, but thought you might want to know.

(edited by Ghanto.9784)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Website is back up now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Oh my, fighting over who gets to ‘get me on the couch’. I’m afraid I don’t have a mic and going through some real life stuff atm so I can’t right now. Maybe in the future big ‘Maybe’

Tease! :P Okay, can I ask which of your builds do you think, if a large group mesmers ran in a zerg, would have the most potential for healing and shut-down? What would be good for Kylia to test since he has the access to a coordinated group of mesmers. I was thinking Panacea but passiflora trinkets, etc are painful to get.

Given I’ll probably have to fund the 10+ sets of gear… let’s start with utils and traits first :p

Sorry, I’m just excited! I’ve been thinking about this ever since the patch and it’s killing me! My guild has pretty much stopped running with more than two or three mesmers so I can’t test anything beyond my own game play.

Come join AVTR on FA

If that’s a sincere invite I might have to consider it. Although, I don’t know if AVTR could handle this much exuberance and cosmic fabulosity. It’s infectious… all your mesmers will end up running around with pink princess wands while shouting, “Pain, Agony, Torment”. ha ha! :P

Already do all that! :P well except for maybe the shouting, unles its a Friday night!

Sincere invite Do note that we are predominantly Oceanic, this might effect your desicion. *ponder

yep could totally happen on a friday night…except maybe for the princess wands…..i prefer my abyssal scepter

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

This week our two hosts, Kylia Deprigen and Pyroatheist have no idea what they are doing (what else is new?) and bring you a podcast of whatever comes to mind, with a little help from the official forums Kylia and Pyro manage to address some of the issues plaguing our Mesmer community while coming up with some new ideas for our class.

As always Pyro and Kylia bring you differing thoughts and opinions but ultimately provide you with a podcast that is about and for their favorite class… The Mesmer!
http://sittingonacouch.com/the-gw2-mesmer-podcast-mesmerized-we-dont-know-either/

Has to be one of the funniest episodes yet

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

Just so everyone now knows. SOACGaming has finally passed Kylia in Subscriptions on youtube. Thank you to all of our subscribers and to Kylia and Pyro for helping us put out such a great product!!

We are making some changes so that more players can take part in what SOACGaming is doing and it will be easier to find videos and guides by players. Stay tuned for more information.

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

Grats SOAC!

:)

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

Welcome to our Monthly WvWvW Podcast, Lessons From A WvWvW Commander!

Kylia Deprigen recieves countless PM’s and he recieved another OM asking about advise on being a being a commander, so Kylia invited the fan onto our channel and pressed record!

Hope you all enjoy this special podcast that answers questions such as how to you create yourself as a good commander, how to show confidence, understaind the mindset of your squad and lots of other commander related stuff (and we do promise that there is some Mesmer points in there too!)

http://sittingonacouch.com/the-gw2-mesmer-podcast-mesmerized-special-lessons-from-a-wvwvw-commander-2/

If you’ve ever wanted to be a Commander, or just want to see how the mind of a commander works, this is the podcast for you!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

I’ve really enjoyed your Mesmerize Podcasts guy’s.

I’m a bit of a podcast junky (listen to at least 3 a day) and have really enjoyed several of your episodes. Keep up the great work.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Nice podcast.

I’ve no interest in commanding myself (enough of those responsibilities in RL!), but it is very interesting to hear you apply all the psychological aspects to this situation.

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

AS you can see by the front page, we have adjusted our youtube. If you are mesmer, and would like to have the Mesmer community see yoru videos or guides please pm myself or email podcasts@sittingonacouch.com with a link to your channel. We would be glad to link to your channel and help bolster the community.

I am trying to convince Kylia to do a Live stream of his wvwwvw conversations, but he is still being stubborn!

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

AS you can see by the front page, we have adjusted our youtube. If you are mesmer, and would like to have the Mesmer community see yoru videos or guides please pm myself or email podcasts@sittingonacouch.com with a link to your channel. We would be glad to link to your channel and help bolster the community.

I am trying to convince Kylia to do a Live stream of his wvwwvw conversations, but he is still being stubborn!

I can live stream, but the quality is horrid, thanks to Australian internet its like 8 bit gaming again

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

This week our two hosts, Kylia Deprigen and Pyroatheist Delve into the world of combat below the waters edge. They talk through the Mesmer skills, combat tactics and builds including Kylia’s new AquaFly build and the winner of the AquaFly competition!

http://sittingonacouch.com/the-gw2-mesmer-podcast-mesmerized-under-the-sea/

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

I just wish mimic could somehow be fixed underwater – maybe making a duplicate skill with twice the duration to make up for the reduced channel. Really bugs me, because it would have great synergy with the trident.

Don’t forget, feigned surge through vortex for free chaos armour.

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

I just wish mimic could somehow be fixed underwater – maybe making a duplicate skill with twice the duration to make up for the reduced channel. Really bugs me, because it would have great synergy with the trident.

Don’t forget, feigned surge through vortex for free chaos armour.

That said, I think its time to test grabbing an above water skill with mimic and trying it underwater, who knows what will happen!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Thx for all the great work on the podcasts. I really enjoy listening and learning.

in Mesmer

Posted by: joeytan.3865

joeytan.3865

Loved it. If you guys could post the builds you were talking about here, it would be awesome

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

Check out the aquafly post for all the builds discussed and I’ll be putting up my version in the Kylia build post as well.

Time to get nerf calls for underwater combat!

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

kitten I do not want them touching either trident or spear!! Favourite two weapons in the game.

Quickly, someone mass invis this discussion.

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

kitten I do not want them touching either trident or spear!! Favourite two weapons in the game.

Quickly, someone mass invis this discussion.

I’ve been told that everything I touch turns to Nerf….

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

Congratulations to TooBz.3065!

For coming up with the build chosen by Pyro and myself as the best submission!
Thank you again for everyone that entered, it is great to see the community getting behind initiatives such as this, and please post below if you would be keen to do another one, and I will make it happen!

Kylia’s AquaFly build will be posted on the Kylia builds post found here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Builds-Kylia-s-Builds-Compilation/first#post2064352

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

Hi all!No update this week, both Pyro and I had some RL stuff come up, that said we will be bringing you the latest patch update this week, well our take on it anyway!
and we might be able to sneak something else in too!

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

http://sittingonacouch.com/the-gw2-mesmer-podcast-mesmerized-patch-grimms-and-trolls/

Welcome to Mesmerized, our Mesmer only podcast! This week our two hosts, Kylia Deprigen and Pyroatheist invite Grimms to have a chat about the latest patch and chat about whatever comes up, by the looks of things Trolling builds and numbers are what pops up! Hear Kylia and Pyro testing out phantasm health while Grimms waits in anticipation all the time As always Pyro and Kylia bring you differing thoughts and opinions but ultimately provide you with a podcast that is about and for their favorite class… The Mesmer!

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

topic updated. I look forward to listening to the newest edition of what will Kylia say this time :P?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

Woot, Seven Mirror admitted to being inspired by one of my builds!

All those hours of theorycrafting are now justified!

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Grimms.9016

Grimms.9016

They are absolutely justified, Willowbreeze. Nice job bro

Seven Mirror [KING] – Sorrow’s Furnace
7mirror vids/builds

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Great job on the podcast – informative and entertaining!

Seems like the next time Grimms is a guest, there needs to be a Mesmerized podcast drinking game. I nominate Kylia to create the rules.

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

Great job on the podcast – informative and entertaining!

Seems like the next time Grimms is a guest, there needs to be a Mesmerized podcast drinking game. I nominate Kylia to create the rules.

haha then we would need a song in the background that goes. This is the show that never ends….It goes on and on my friend…

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

Update- hi all, if your wondering where the next episode is the answer is that Kylia is on holidays and unable to get to a computer to record, Pyro just might release something so keep an eye out. And I’ll be back not this week but the next!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

So, this was a pretty big change as you all know, and we actually plan to do a live streamed patch podcast on it this weekend. In the interest of doing what’s best for all of you, I’d like to get some sort of an idea of time constraints that many of you have during the weekend so we can better plan our time.

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

New mesmerized is up!

We are back after a few weeks off, and this week our two hosts, Kylia Deprigen and Pyroatheist invite ChaosArchangel to have a chat about his build, his time in GW2 and anything else we can think of (no engys were hurt in the recording of this podcast)

(edited by kylia.4813)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Ahh man. I realized I didn’t even take the time to explain my build or much about support mechanics! Nervousness really got the better of me, and I’m always hyper-critical of myself but I feel I could’ve done a better job. Sorry guys… =\

in Mesmer

Posted by: Samiell.1259

Samiell.1259

Killer podcast. Lots of good info. It’s nice to see the support Mesmers getting some attention. I’ve been out of the game for a few month due to being out of country and coming back to see things like this is just awesome. Great job again fellas.

Black Ops supply line disruptions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

@Chaos Archangel

You did fine, it was very entertaining, which is the point.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Mesmer

Posted by: squallaus.8321

squallaus.8321

Thanks Kylia, Pyro and Chaos. The Chaos Maestro build gave me a few ideas. Mesmerized podcast has been good to listen to.

Also it’s sad that Seven Mirror left the game.

My server is up against Kylia’s server atm. I’m on Eredon Terrace. I’ve been on wvw a few times since the match up started last week, but haven’t come across kylia yet. Kylia, when are you usually on?

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

Hi Squallus,
I’m on Fort Aspenwood these days (moved back in Jan) so unfortunately you won’t see me on the battlefield with the IoJ tag.

P.s. second part of the interview where Chaos asks us the things he wants to know will be going up today!

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

The Chaos Interview Part Deux is up!

-=Warning – Podcast may contain explicit language=-

We are back, well not really, we didn’t really leave! Our podcast went so well with Chaos that we ran out of time for him to ask us any questions, but that’s never stopped us before! So we pressed record and invited Chaos to ask us some questions (and he had a few!)
So come join us and hear about how to create a build, best kept secret skills, what portals are really used for, and plenty more!

We discuss a few videos in the podcast, here is a link to the two we discuss:

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

loved this podcast!it was entertaining and very informative.lots of good stuff here.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Listened to both parts – great show as always.

I liked the build philosophy part a lot. I think the nuance about there not being really viable signet, interrupt or mantra builds (meaning a build where the whole focus is on that mechanism) is fair. I’ve been trying a build with two signets (inspiration and midnight) and one of the traits (cleanse on signet activation) and it has felt like a nice compliment to the rest of my build.

Maybe you would consider adding a segment to the show called “play my build” where people submit builds and you guys agree to play them for a bit and give feedback. You could do it with the guest’s build whenever you have a guest.

Keep up the great work!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

The Chaos Interview Part Deux is up!

-=Warning – Podcast may contain explicit language=-

Does “explicit language” really mean just that one part where I say:

“You know when you put together a build and throw it up and get bashed, your first reaction is just to say, ‘Well %^#! you with a thousand kittens.’”

Btw. Mesmer guide in less than two weeks for sure.

in Mesmer

Zumi.6384

Great show guys, always fun to hear your thoughts (even though sometimes I disagree slightly)

I love the way you guys approach everything so analytically, it’s very similar to how I play.

Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Listened to both segments and as always there is great insight by everyone. Loved the discussion on builds/traits especially. I like that the various opinions and disagreements are openly discussed. I take Kylia’s stance on the viability of the interrupt traits for the paladin build I run. Many of the other support builds that have been posted in the past week since the new patch seem to it as enjoy well. In my experience, they can indeed be used to great effect to supplement a boon support build.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

Keep tuned everyone big things are coming down. For everyone looking for the builds discussed in the podcasts we are going to implement some steps where players can see the builds directly from the soac post. I don’t want to jump the shark so all I can say is that starting within the next few weeks we will be having a plan in place that will allow you to watch the podcasts and see the build that they were talking about right where the video is.

Thank you for your continued support.

in Mesmer

Zumi.6384

So I thought of this while listening to the first half and wanted to pitch the idea here before I go post it on the Suggestions and/or sPvP forum.

Pyro was talking about solo queue and comparing it to LoL in that you can alter roles after joining, as opposed to this game where you’re locked into your build once you enter the tournament.

Two things came to mind about this. The first is that you can actually log off and log in to another character once you see who is part of your team. Obviously this isn’t ideal, but in theory you could make another character with all the weapons/armor you might need for different builds and be able to switch out when you decide on a role. Clearly this isn’t a solution though.

My thought was regarding something I heard from a dev on one of their interviews. They mentioned that they’re currently working on a template functionality that will allow you to swap trait layout, armor sets, and weapons with a 1-button click. If that’s the case this would be a huge boon to solo queue, because it would allow players to define roles after the group is formed. Obviously the coordination will rely largely on the members of your team, but that’s true in LoL as well.

What do you guys think about this? Seems to me like a good solution, but I may be missing something in my thought process.

Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

This week our two hosts, Kylia Deprigen and Pyroatheist invite WillowBreeze to have a chat about his build, his time in GW2, sPvP, Guardians converting to Mesmers and lots lots more!

http://sittingonacouch.com/

in Mesmer

Zumi.6384

Thanks for having me, it was a blast hanging out with you guys! So many things I realized after that I didn’t ask/bring up, but it was the first time I ever did something like this so I figured that would happen. Should have prepared more, so sorry about that.

Anyway, can’t wait for the AoE Moa patch!

P.S. I took my screenshot channeling Mantra of Resolve just for you Pyro

Tarnished Coast [Crit]

(edited by Zumi.6384)

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

no podcast up yet?

in Mesmer

Zumi.6384

Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

thanks, shall listen on my way home however it normally automatically goes into my podcast folder on itunes, odd! :P

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

thanks, shall listen on my way home however it normally automatically goes into my podcast folder on itunes, odd! :P

I believe that’s on my end. i haven’t checked to see if the itunes folder is still working for us. When we revamped the website it may have broken the itunes connection. I will find out what the link is and fix it.

I apologize.