Mesmers speed: Signet of Inspitation

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

So Robert Gee dev from Anet who works on mesmers & necroes. He guaranties on passive swifteness buff on signet of inspiration + 1 extra boon. He just don’t know yet what it is.

Question is what do you think it should be?

I’ll stat rolling the ball. I say upon activation of SI grants you & allies in a radius of 280 super swiftness for 20 seconds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Resistance plz!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bindaeyen.9613

Bindaeyen.9613

I haven’t heard this, so Mesmers will finally get passive swiftness?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I thought it was swiftness and the 1 random boon that it already gives?

in Mesmer

Vieux P.1238

Nope.. Check it.. it’s at 3:06:43seconds It’s swift+ 1 unknown boon yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPqYpcteqac

(edited by Vieux P.1238)

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Nope.. Check it.. it’s at 3:06:43seconds

Sounds like it could be taken either way.

If it is just one then my vote goes to fury.

in Mesmer

Vieux P.1238

Nope.. Check it.. it’s at 3:06:43seconds

Sounds like it could be taken either way.

If it is just one then my vote goes to fury.

Exactly, it could.. so lets help Robert Gee decide among ideas from the mesmer community. I like the resilience idea, but from my extensive experience, i found out that more speed = more survivability.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

From what I recall reading Dulfy’s recap of the video, they are CONSIDERING a passive swiftness buff.

Assuming Dulfy quoted correctly: “Signet of Inspiration may grant passive swiftness and one extra boon. We are trying that out right now”

so it might happen, but it doesnt sound like a guarantee.

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Would be easier (and less call for nerfs later) to just give the 25% run speed buff like a few other signets have.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Mesmer

Vieux P.1238

From what I recall reading Dulfy’s recap of the video, they are CONSIDERING a passive swiftness buff.

Assuming Dulfy quoted correctly: “Signet of Inspiration may grant passive swiftness and one extra boon. We are trying that out right now”

Go see the vid.. he use the exact word guaranty swiftness & an extra boon.. they just dint know witch one yet. thats why im asking witch boon should it be?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Go see the vid.. he use the exact word guaranty swiftness & an extra boon.. they just dint know witch one yet. thats why im asking witch boon should it be?

You’re making this so absurdly complicated. They’re not doing some sort of groundbreaking rework to the signet, they’re just adding 10 seconds of swiftness as a guaranteed boon in addition to the normal functionality.

It never ceases to amaze me how people manage to read full-length novels from a sentence of an Anet dev.

in Mesmer

Vieux P.1238

You’re making this so absurdly complicated. They’re not doing some sort of groundbreaking rework to the signet, they’re just adding 10 seconds of swiftness as a guaranteed boon in addition to the normal functionality.

It never ceases to amaze me how people manage to read full-length novels from a sentence of an Anet dev.

oh shushhh.. i’m not. I’m quoting exactly what he said. So shush. Theres no novel here. *rolling my eyes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

oh shushhh.. i’m not. I’m quoting exactly what he said. So shush. Theres no novel here. *rolling my eyes.

I mean, even just functionally it makes sense. Signet currently grants a random boon every 10s as a passive. So it’ll still grant 1 random boon every 10 seconds, plus 10s swiftness every 10s.

It’s basic KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darkpsyde.4782

Darkpsyde.4782

What Ross said…but I think the signet would function better as a flat 25% buff like other similar signet passives as well the extra boon (possibly excluding swiftness, but I would hope not—you always run fast, and sometimes you run really fast).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

What Ross said…but I think the signet would function better as a flat 25% buff like other similar signet passives as well the extra boon (possibly excluding swiftness, but I would hope not—you always run fast, and sometimes you run really fast).

How is 25% “better” than 33%? Also the fact that as a boon, you’ll be able to spread swiftness onto others if you want. There’s literally only upsides to it being perma-swiftness as opposed to a non-boon 25% increase.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Strictly from a Mesmer perspective I’d disagree. Why? Because a Mesmer could share his swiftness boon, which is great synergy with the functionality of the signet. He can’t share a 25% passive.

Of course the devs said they are trialing it so it’ll depend on what makes them happy.

Oh and also, other classes can maintain perma swiftness, and it doesnt cost them taking a signet (massive downside imo).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Then this passive swiftness will beat all classes’ 25% speed signet :/
Might as well buff the signet of other classes to 33% speed too.
I also support the idea of 25% speed boost + random boom on 10 sec basis, unless anet want to revamp all signets to give 33% speed boost. (Not to mention most 25% speed signets’ active skills are terrible)

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in Mesmer

Toxsa.2701

Strictly from a Mesmer perspective I’d disagree. Why? Because a Mesmer could share his swiftness boon, which is great synergy with the functionality of the signet. He can’t share a 25% passive.

Of course the devs said they are trialing it so it’ll depend on what makes them happy.

Oh and also, other classes can maintain perma swiftness, and it doesnt cost them taking a signet (massive downside imo).

Very funny. Some classes are bound on certain weapons to get swiftness, which is even worse. 25% speed on signet =/= swiftness, it’s vastly inferior. (If you play WvW you’ll know what I mean. 25% signet cannot outrun zerg from chasing you, and cannot save you)

The only class that get permanent swiftness without sacrificing anything is engineer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

I also support the idea of 25% speed boost + random boom on 10 sec basis, unless anet want to revamp all signets to give 33% speed boost. (Not to mention most 25% speed signet’s active skill is terrible)

No. “Equal does not mean one-to-one.” – devs.

You know what’s “equal”? Giving us the best speed boost in the game after suffering THREE YEARS as the slowest, most sluggish profession in the game.

That’s equal.

Giving Mesmer such godawful mobility was against the profession’s theme as finesse-based magical duelists. Giving us constant “magic” (i.e. boon) based speed will put it right, FINALLY.

(edited by Arshay Duskbrow.1306)

in Mesmer

Toxsa.2701

I also support the idea of 25% speed boost + random boom on 10 sec basis, unless anet want to revamp all signets to give 33% speed boost. (Not to mention most 25% speed signet’s active skill is terrible)

No. “Equal does not mean one-to-one.” – devs.

You know what’s “equal”? Giving us the best speed boost in the game after suffering THREE YEARS as the slowest, most sluggish profession in the game.

That’s equal.

Giving Mesmer such godawful mobility was against the profession’s theme as finesse-based magical duelists. Giving us constant “magic” (i.e. boon) based speed will put it right, FINALLY.

Yeah right, as long as you suffers long enough, it’s justified to get the most OP stuffs. According to your logic, ranger and necro should get the most buffs of all. But ironically the classes that get buffed the most are 3 of the meta classes : Warrior, Guardian, and Thief.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

We havn’t even got the buff and people are already calling Mesmer OP.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Reminds me of people calling mesmer UP when the patch didn’t even hit yet.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Vieux P.1238

shhhhhhh….. mesmers will become the new gods of tyria. We shall Rule!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azathoth.2098

Azathoth.2098

I really would love to see an combination of
- a swiftness buff as passive skill and
- Blink as active skill.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MrFlump.8725

MrFlump.8725

Why are people saying it will give permanent swiftness, they said guaranteed swiftness, so it will most likely be a 3-5s duration on a 10s cd with one other random boon, they wont give us 10s swiftness on a 10s cd.