Mesmers the only class with no complaints?

in Mesmer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Does this show that mesmers need a nerf?

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

More cleanse pls, and more antithief-spray.

Oh, and following the forum trends: make everything baseline pls

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

(edited by tetrodoxin.2134)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Telekinesis.8312

Telekinesis.8312

we adjust with what we’ve got unlike other classes! :P

in Mesmer

Posted by: johndg.8467

johndg.8467

yep. the mesmer community is the best that i have seen precisely because they adapt to what they are given. despite all of the bugs and drawbacks, mesmers are the most fun class to play and is the most satisfying for many of us. so we can adjust and make things work.

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

We also have the mesmer forum guild, which is a a testament to how much we like eachother!

Mesmers also seem to be more willing to experiment with crazy builds relative to other professions. Partially this is due to the inherent difficulty that power shatter, especially in pug teams presents. Playing a weird interrupt, phantasm, condition or phantacondirupt (yes I’ve seen this before) mesmer is often more effective at the casual level of play than playing the full burst glass cannon with little to no cleanses.

We also have what is probably the most diverse collection of offhand weapons in the game, which is another huge point of satisfactory experiementation.

Mostly mesmers are happy about this patch, because at least on paper, the bursty builds will be more rewarding to play, while the viability of experimental builds across the board will be increased because of the powerful trait overhauls and baselines.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

EremiteAngel.9765

yep. the mesmer community is the best that i have seen precisely because they adapt to what they are given. despite all of the bugs and drawbacks, mesmers are the most fun class to play and is the most satisfying for many of us. so we can adjust and make things work.

When the new patch hits, the only thing you guys will be adjusting to is how much faster and easier you guys will face-roll all the other classes.

soon the only even matchup will be mesmer vs mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

When the new patch hits, the only thing you guys will be adjusting to is how much faster and easier you guys will face-roll all the other classes.

soon the only even matchup will be mesmer vs mesmer

If you truly believe so, you are welcome to join our mesmer community and play a mesmer yourself to see things (old and new) from our perspective.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

also mesmer got more options to play with so to determine now wether nerf or buff are needed compare to other classes is much too soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

after having a ton of nerfs that made multiple builds and the wvw mes non viable and then the 100+ bugs in the past. Im happy to see changes that will bring the class back to wvw and hopefully pve aswell. we needed the changes and yes all the buffs seem well justified. if anything needs nerfing, we’ll see after some time.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

You want a complaint? Ok – The Pledge encourages camping stealth and taking PU in order to gain a good cooldown reduction which is the kind of play I thought they were trying to discourage.

It should be changed back to a flat 20% cooldown like some of the other weapon traits were. On that note I have no idea what motivated them to buff PU stealth duration to +100% which I think is overkill, even if restricted to only Mesmer skills.

On a separate note, I believe each line should have had some illusion generation component unique to that line – it’s a fantastic start with Mental Defence in Inspiration, buy I think this could have been expanded to give more options aside from DE. Examples:
Domination – summon phantasm of current weapon on interrupt (same ICD of phantasm)
Chaos – chance to summon a clone when gaining a new boon or applying a new condition on you target in combat (with small ~5s ICD?).
Illusions – duplicate the last summoned illusion when it is summoned – applies to all phantasms and clone summoning skills as well as traits. Reasonable ICD to prevent scary possibilities.

All those should be major optional traits do as not to kitten off the pve crowd who don’t like clones. I strongly believe this kind of thing should be added in the future to provide more and also unique options for illusion generation such that we have a lot more flexibility in builds.

Anyway – aside from all of that I’m as happy as everyone else. Unfortunately you (OP) only have two days to find out why us mesmers are so happy with the changes by playing one yourself – because it’s hard to appreciate otherwise. Wait until things settle down in a few months time before screaming nerfs right out the door.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Making Illusionary Persona baseline and reordering trait lines so they actually make sense is all that I really wanted anyway. Everything else was a pleasant surprise to me.

Illusionary Persona and Deceptive Evasion have always felt essential – if you do not have both of these traits, your own profession mechanics don’t even work reliably. Although there are some builds that do without 1 or the other (like MoTD precluding IP), you pay a very high price to stray from the beaten path.

You have a few days to make a shatter variant and play the old way. Try going a few solo queues without Illusionary Persona or Deceptive Evasion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I want the torch trait back in Domination, but that won’t happen since it seems they don’t want 6/6/6 lockdown to have condi cleanse.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

All I wanted is lockdown to get some love and I am happy it did.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Mesmer gets some well-deserved buffs but

Especially with Torch 5 not removing condis on hit anymore they should change that 1.5% recharge/sec in stealth trait(The Pledge) on torch to plain 20% recharge decrease since if you use torch 4 on its own you only get 4.5% recharge decrease. + it incentivizes stealth camping and I don’t get whats fun about that for any1 really. (torch phantasm is already the weakest phantasm with the highest cd)

Desperate decoy (stealth when hit below 50%) is pretty weird too. It is gonna trigger the same time as Panic Strike which every1 thief is gonna have from now on making it completely useless. (panic strike should be evitable, i.e. when a thief hits some1 below 60% they immobilize for 2.5 s on next attack for 5s); and passive stealth traits should have a wind-up because u get insta-revealed rather than stealthed way too often. About 0.75 sec stealth delay after animation would be great to let you stop attacking. (Thieves should have this for Last Refuge too)

Edit: Oh and Imagined burden. :you get the might stacks at the end of the gs auto attack but noone with experience ever finishes casting it because the attacks finish before the casting ends so it is faster to stow wepaon and restart the casting. It should be either applied in the middle of the cast or autoattack sohuld have the slacking peroid removed from its end.

(edited by Kicker.8203)

in Mesmer

Kicker.8203

autoattack sohuld have the slacking peroid removed from its end.

It is a little weird but it is one of the tricks that distinguishes good plaers from bad ones and makes auto-attacking less boring.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Seeing that ele autoattack was fixed to remove the cancel-exploit, it seems only fair to give mesmers the same treatment.

in Mesmer

Kicker.8203

Making Illusionary Persona baseline and reordering trait lines so they actually make sense is all that I really wanted anyway. Everything else was a pleasant surprise to me.

Illusionary Persona and Deceptive Evasion have always felt essential – if you do not have both of these traits, your own profession mechanics don’t even work reliably. Although there are some builds that do without 1 or the other (like MoTD precluding IP), you pay a very high price to stray from the beaten path.

You have a few days to make a shatter variant and play the old way. Try going a few solo queues without Illusionary Persona or Deceptive Evasion.

Yeah deceptive evasion deserves to be baseline just as much as illusionary persona or even more but i guess for some cheesy phantasm builds its not beneficial so to solve this simple alter it not to spawn a clone if it can only replace a phantasm. Not for mesmer’s strength’s sake but just to free up more choices Maybe nerf something in return or something.

in Mesmer

Kicker.8203

Seeing that ele autoattack was fixed to remove the cancel-exploit, it seems only fair to give mesmers the same treatment.

That is a completely different thing. Eles could literally double up on their signet’s passive heal with that trick while dealing the same/slightly more dmg on a strong autoattack. Do whatever with mesmer’s just don’t make it worse than it is now using the trick coz its already bad.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

I would say that most mesmers are ok with how the trait makeover looks on paper and look forward on testing it in game before screaming OP/Nerf/Whatever.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Pretty much ok with things on paper, yeah. Looking sharp. At least very interesting, most of the specs I usually play get shaken up a lot, so I have to re-learn everything.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

Amen on the de baseline. We will be anchored come 6/23 to dueling yet again here’s hoping next update we can make de baseline to actually truely create build diversity. The devs want more active game play hence we shatter. How can we shatter with no ammo.

in Mesmer

EremiteAngel.9765

in Mesmer

Posted by: Scapper.4236

Scapper.4236

My opinion is as always the same. No we don’t need a nerf. Mesmer has been complaining for a long time since, and this patch provides mesmers a chance to be on par with the other classes. Prior to this and in the patch I don’t see kitten as having an easy time in condi clearing so most definitely we will see a condi meta come out from the other professions.

The developers have realised that mesmer is always being forced to trait 6 into illusions to be at least viable in tpvp, this was stated by the main developer in charge of editing mesmers and is why so many of the Illusion’s trait tree was made baseline along with other long cooldowns being adjusted which mesmers suffer from ie. (no cooldowns=technically dead).

I go into the upcoming patch with an open mind and whatever will become too strong will obviously be changed but the developers have said that they tested many of the mechanics and gameplay and adjustments were made accordingly. Whatever changes that should be made after Tuesday, come what may, I would still like mesmers finally to have a meta which can compete with the other professions in the PvX environment.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

You’ve been promoting the heck out of that awful thread all over the place. Just stop, please. Nobody’s gonna take the bait and, whoever you are, you’re not nearly amazing enough to predict the whole meta without testing anything first.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I think the torch trait and PU needs some rethinking. Long duration stealth in combination with phantasm damage is a thing I am personally kinda scared of. Especially since you now can get a 2nd Decoy with Mimic.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Seriously, the moment we get something good – and tbh this is the first kittening time since launch that we’ve had significant decent buffs – the pitchforks and handkerchiefs come out…

Have you seen the buffs/changes to other classes? Are you from the future and have played with the new system?

Mark my words – there are going to be scary builds out there for every class. Maybe because the average skill of the mesmer playerbase has had to be slightly higher than other classes (especially those that regularly play power shatter or lockdown/interrupt), it might look from the outside that mesmers are “overpowered”. But don’t dismiss changes to other classes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Theres no reason to complain tbh. Good mesmers after these changes will basically become godmode, and every single build we have got buffed except clone death (Which i am glad is gone). The only problem is we didnt get DE and IP baseline to be even more OP then we already will be :P

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

EremiteAngel.9765

Theres no reason to complain tbh. Good mesmers after these changes will basically become godmode, and every single build we have got buffed except clone death (Which i am glad is gone). The only problem is we didnt get DE and IP baseline to be even more OP then we already will be :P

The king of mesmers has spoken.
And seriously if he says so, then I truly am afraid for all the other classes.

I don’t think any of you common folks should disagree any futher.

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

The change to scepter had another king crying over the game play in the past. Didn’t change anything. What is a good player? That statement can be made for any class. Player skill is just that. Also for a king his sentence and information was flawed. Ip is baseline de is not. Time will tell what is competitive and not hot join hero status.

in Mesmer

EremiteAngel.9765

The change to scepter had another king crying over the game play in the past. Didn’t change anything. What is a good player? That statement can be made for any class. Player skill is just that. Also for a king his sentence and information was flawed. Ip is baseline de is not. Time will tell what is competitive and not hot join hero status.

IP is now baseline??
my gosh…what level is a mesmer at now?

Over 9000!!!!

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

I think Helseth might have an issue with that, but we havent dueled in 6 months so i think we need to fight again

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

I think you should stop this ridiculous complaining before the patch is out and maybe try playing a glass cannon build in mesmer 1.0 while it’s still possible before mesmer 2.0 is done.

I respect WoC just like the rest of the mesmer community, but one person’s opinion is their opinion regardless of skill – and what is down on paper and how it will work in practice with the interplay between classes are two completely different things.

in Mesmer

TyPin.9860

Not my king. I have only one above me, and this is Lyssa. And if she taught one thing it is that predicting the future is a Fool’s errand.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

I think you should stop this ridiculous complaining before the patch is out and maybe try playing a glass cannon build in mesmer 1.0 while it’s still possible before mesmer 2.0 is done.

I respect WoC just like the rest of the mesmer community, but one person’s opinion is their opinion regardless of skill – and what is down on paper and how it will work in practice with the interplay between classes are two completely different things.

Pretty much this. On paper, mesmer looks like it will be completely insane but in practice they could be terrible. Granted, having 3 gm traits without having to trait for IP feels like its OP (having mental torment/confounding, DE, and PU in one build will be pretty hilarious as well), but the other classes also got some pretty hefty buffs as well. We will found out on Tuesday if Mesmer will be strong, OP, or terrible (Although I personally think we will be on the strong/op side).

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Us Mesmers complain all the time what are you talking about?! We’re a very dedicated bunch, because we’re passionate about our class. I think you see less complaints because some of us on here have communicated properly that what we’re getting on Tuesday is really good for our class overall.

At the end of the day, we don’t know exactly how things will shake out in relation to other classes until the patch hits. That being said, there’s always things to complain about.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Pretty much this. On paper, mesmer looks like it will be completely insane but in practice they could be terrible. Granted, having 3 gm traits without having to trait for IP feels like its OP (having mental torment/confounding, DE, and PU in one build will be pretty hilarious as well), but the other classes also got some pretty hefty buffs as well. We will found out on Tuesday if Mesmer will be strong, OP, or terrible (Although I personally think we will be on the strong/op side).

Personally I think the PU change is a bit crazy – they should have removed aegis from it or left the stealth duration at plus 1 second. Going to be some dangerous roaming builds.

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Personally I think the PU change is a bit crazy – they should have removed aegis from it or left the stealth duration at plus 1 second. Going to be some dangerous roaming builds.

Yea the new PU is definately kind of broken. 6 stealth decoy and prestige, 4 second veil times 2, and 10 second mass invis lol. Combine that with a full zerker shatter mesmer and you can insta-kill people while being in almost perma stealth. I agree with your suggestions, one of those should definately happen.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I’m pretty sure with the wording for Signet of Illusions being: “Reduced recharge to 60 seconds. This skill now specifies which skills it recharges.” is preemptive for not letting us use it with Continuum Shift.

If so this makes me a little

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Liam McColgan.7689

Liam McColgan.7689

People are over reacting with the IP Grandmaster as base now. I’ve always said, ever since i started playing shatter, that being able to shatter ourselves should have been a standard mesmer mechanic from min 1 of the game.

From someone who only plays shatter builds, it almost is baseline really, i hardly play without, regardless if i’m some hybrid/power or condition.

It’s a logical ‘tidy up’ to the mesmer mechanics, and while it will be nice to not have to waste a GM trait for it, i dont think it will be game breaking.

People should worry about the blind spams on shatters, on top of being able to daze/cause slow/deal dmg/remove condis/boon strip.

Shatter mesmers got a very DECENT buff, but NOT from making I P baseline.

Mesmer – 1250+ Ranked tpvp WINS.
– 7772 games played, 5274 games won.
“Nuke or be Nuked” – Said every mesmer ever

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Yea the new PU is definately kind of broken. 6 stealth decoy and prestige, 4 second veil times 2, and 10 second mass invis lol. Combine that with a full zerker shatter mesmer and you can insta-kill people while being in almost perma stealth. I agree with your suggestions, one of those should definately happen.

Eh, but taking PU means you can’t take CI, nobody who knows what they’re doing takes veil, and that leaves us with hardly perma-stealth.

The main difference is going to be that the disengage potential is much stronger, and engaging for a quick burst with the prestige will have a bit more leeway in terms of timing. ‘Almost perma-stealth’ is a disgusting exaggeration.

Mass Invis: 11% uptime
The Prestige: 20% uptime
Decoy: 15% uptime

Total: 46% uptime

Hardly permastealth, and that’s ignoring the concept of wanting to not randomly pop every stealth you have off of cooldown because you might actually need it later.

in Mesmer

TyPin.9860

What about the Desperate Decoy and mimicking Decoy again? That allows for some more stealth, albeit be it less reliable.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Eh, but taking PU means you can’t take CI, nobody who knows what they’re doing takes veil, and that leaves us with hardly perma-stealth.

The main difference is going to be that the disengage potential is much stronger, and engaging for a quick burst with the prestige will have a bit more leeway in terms of timing. ‘Almost perma-stealth’ is a disgusting exaggeration.

Mass Invis: 11% uptime
The Prestige: 20% uptime
Decoy: 15% uptime

Total: 46% uptime

Hardly permastealth, and that’s ignoring the concept of wanting to not randomly pop every stealth you have off of cooldown because you might actually need it later.

Well for what i do, which is large scale organized guild fighting, CI isnt too effective, and is kinda random. The new PU will basically give me multiple 6 second stealths, and an 8 second stealth through veil to find a target and burst them, with a 10 second mass invis as a backup option/regroup. Compared to the 3/5 second stealths i have currently, it will FEEL like almost perma stealth with what i have now. It definately was a overexaggeration, but in guild fights it will be a night and day difference in stealth uptime. I mean, one stealth will be the entire cooldown of mirror blade and half the cd of wrack, which is pretty nice if you ask me.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

(edited by Warlord of Chaos.7845)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Well, I do have one complaint. I was hoping for a melee-condition option. Swords are power based. Stacking conditions and auto attack with sword is fail. I would have liked a trait that caused melee attacks to apply conditions on each swing or something like that.

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Wait a minute, I just noticed something…..Pyro isnt complaining about IMage!?!? Am I living in another dimension or something, hes been complaining for years! Maybe it had to do with image getting buffed?

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

If you look at the damage potential Warlord, I’d say iMage got nerfed (4 stacks of confusion changed to 1 stack of burn). But fury is something hard to come by for mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Are you, btw, all reporting him, too? He’s clearly flamebaiting, and he keeps digging in. It’s a bannable offense.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

You’ve been promoting the heck out of that awful thread all over the place. Just stop, please. Nobody’s gonna take the bait and, whoever you are, you’re not nearly amazing enough to predict the whole meta without testing anything first.

He does this all the time. Once he gets an idea, he needs to post it in every forum possible. Remember the painful Reaper threads?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Well, I do have one complaint. I was hoping for a melee-condition option. Swords are power based. Stacking conditions and auto attack with sword is fail. I would have liked a trait that caused melee attacks to apply conditions on each swing or something like that.

Vulnerability will boost condition damage.
Confusing combatants will allow you and your illusions to proc confusion on crit.
Sharper Images will allow your illusions to proc bleeding on crit.
Ineptitude will allow Blurred Frenzy to proc blinds and more confusion on evade.

Then you’ve also got things like Evasive Mirror as an added bonus for blurred frenzy.

Sword leap can proc chaos armour for more staff cooldown and protection if you have that traited.

I think mainhand sword will be lovely in condition builds (it already is decent). Sure you lose the single target burst potential of scepter, but you gain so much more in utility, mobility and defence in outnumbered situations.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Vulnerability will boost condition damage.
Confusing combatants will allow you and your illusions to proc confusion on crit.
Sharper Images will allow your illusions to proc bleeding on crit.
Ineptitude will allow Blurred Frenzy to proc blinds and more confusion on evade.

Then you’ve also got things like Evasive Mirror as an added bonus for blurred frenzy.

Sword leap can proc chaos armour for more staff cooldown and protection if you have that traited.

I think mainhand sword will be lovely in condition builds (it already is decent). Sure you lose the single target burst potential of scepter, but you gain so much more in utility, mobility and defence in outnumbered situations.

Confusion Combatants didn’t seem reliable to me, but I don’t e ven know how my eyes skipped over Ineptitude. It sounds cool. I’ll keep an open mind, and look forward to trying a condition build with swords, as you say. Thanks for the info

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

PvE Mesmer got a lot of damage buffs, however it still (no chrono remember) suffers from poor AoE and doesn’t do well against trash. It also still (most likely) has the drawback of having 50-60% of its direct damage on phantasms as well as having a hefty ramp up time and they die to random AoE, boss reflects with no indication (looking at you archdiviner) and just plain old dying when the target dies.

PvP I think a lot of it will seem OP as the good are going from fighting with one arm behind their backs to fighting with two hands. The stealth duration, I would love an alternative to thief for party stealth and currently Mesmer stealth is just a tad too short for its cool downs. The new trait addresses that in some ways.

Mesmer also now has ways to get survivability from shatters, you know, getting defence from your class mechanic like other classes do. In return they are giving up a lot of if not all clone death traits (funny how everyone skips past that) and no longer have to trait to make stuff work how they really should, like manipulations.

All classes are going to be able to pick 3 full trait lines and there’s some very powerful combinations no class could have before. Everyone is getting stronger not just Mesmer.