Mesmers will get there someday.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chiatroll.7109

Chiatroll.7109

I try running a character in every single class and the mesmer is great in combat but I have one problem with them I consider major. They are slow.

As a thief I have a 25% speed increase sigil and a haste power for long walks. 25% bonus feels good and fast and the little haste bursts are nice also.

As a necromancer I have a 10% speed sigil I can spam the horn for more speed .

As a ranger I have a 10% sigil and I can spam a warhorn or if I fire a bow at some enemies while walking past them I can gain swiftness.

As a warrior I have warhorn spam and banner spamming to gain speed.

As a guardian mixing between retreat and spamming a somewhat annoying to aim staff skill I can have pretty consistant speed.

An engineer can get swiftness from elixers H and B and F H and B I believe doing it both from skills and toolbelt.

Putting points in Air makes your elementallys super crazy fast he’s got some powers to increase speed also.

The only thing mesmers get to speed up is Temporal Curtain off of the focus which is a pain and doesn’t last enough to make it up like what everyone else has to help get from a to b.

Any thoughts?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jenia.2418

Jenia.2418

mesmer don’t need to be fast, they have so many escapes and oh kitten buttons that bumping their speed up would be ridiculous

in Mesmer

Chiatroll.7109

mesmer don’t need to be fast, they have so many escapes and oh kitten buttons that bumping their speed up would be ridiculous

I don’t want or need to escape I just want to get across the map without spending half my wallet or falling asleep other classes can do this. They can go to town and go to the store and arrive on the same year that they left.

They are a strong class they are just really slow when the combat dies down and everyone is ready to go and do other non-fighty stuff.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Centaur runes + Mirror heal.

in Mesmer

Jenia.2418

unless you want a pve only thing sure, but if you just want to flat out introduce a speed buff or something of the like, would make mesmer terribly imba

in Mesmer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

They don’t have super speed buff, but they have tons of clones/stealth to leave enemies messed up while they’re running away. Plus, I’ve heard portal, teleport and clone swap kitten off a lot of people in pvp. And if you’re rolling with Duelist build then you have higher dodge rate than other classes. So I don’t see how mesmers are slow.

Well, they’re slow in 1500 metres Olympics marathon but….. how critical is it?

in Mesmer

Jenia.2418

i dont think he is talking about fighting, he is talking more like traveling from point A to Point B

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Uhoh, another complaint about Mesmer exploration for 100% map complete.

Too bad Mesmers aren’t #1 at everything in the game.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

You forgot about chaos storm!

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

And the Blink, but Blink doesn’t count!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

This has been brought up several times and most people always answer it with the same stupid responses

-yeah but mesmers can like avoid battles
-yeah but mesmers can move about in battles
-yeah but if you spend all your traits and runes and use our worst heal then you can have swiftness, who cares if that is all you will be able to do
-yeah but Mesmers have portals and they can read your mind and instantaneously teleport you to exactly where you want to go
-yeah but chaos storm, that gives you a 50% chance of getting 5 seconds swiftness on a 30 second cooldown

They can’t seem to understand that map exploration is a valid way to play the game, is mandatory to get legendaries and one of only 4 things to do when you complete the story (and 1 of 2 that doesn’t involve constant repetition/grinding) and if you the people you want to play with don’t have a way to share their swiftness with you then you can forget about playing general PvE with them.

It is not about Mesmers not being the best, it is about Mesmers not even being in the same league. As was mentioned in on of the other threads this is like if Blizzard suddenly decided that to balance the Priest’s ability to heal itself it should be the only class not to be able to use a mount.

If Arenanet thinks making Mesmers so deficient in this regard is a valid balancing technique then they should have admitted they didn’t know what they were doing and just put mounts in.

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Uhoh, Mesmers are 10% slower at exploration than other classes!

Game-shattering!

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Uhoh, Mesmers are 10% slower at exploration than other classes!

Game-shattering!

When Mesmer’s can’t compete in 2 major portions of the game yeah it is. Also swiftness is 33% and blink is the same as jumps that are on other classes weapons with much shorter cooldowns (some of which can be used to cross gaps). We already have to put up with killing the slowest because everything we can do in combat has to be set up, why this too?

My Ranger can clear maps in half the time of my Mesmer. And that is even if I try to avoid all combat which the Mesmer is supposed to be the master of.

Every post you make just proves you have never played this game, why do you post here?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

I even wrote mouse macro for focus switch, because right now I’m using gs and staff. Hope anet will understand our illusionary burden and won’t ban me for that!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kathmandu.2417

Kathmandu.2417

It is not game-shattering, but it is annoying. Quite a lot actually. You don’t think so? Then measure the amount of time you’re just running in the world and take 10% of it, you will soon get some hours together. Hey, GW2 is beautiful but running around is still not my favorite way to spend the ingame time.

Mesmer for sure doesn’t need a combat speed buff but something to move quicker outside of the fights would be a delight.

13th November. The Grind Wars begin.

in Mesmer

Posted by: nidwin.6731

nidwin.6731

It’s quite annoying in WvW too.
Of course me being the healer helps to slow down everyone, except the fools rushing from A to B , the ones thinking it’s their regen or their incredible skills that keeps them alive.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

Centaur runes + Mirror heal.

You just blew my mind. Thank you.

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

When Mesmer’s can’t compete in 2 major portions of the game yeah it is.

Oh yeah that map exploration is a major portion of the game! Lmao.

Every post you make just proves you have never played this game, why do you post here?

Good point, where can I get this game where “Mesmers suck at GW2” that you seem to be so fond of?

Currently I’m playing “how fast can I kill a glass cannon in WvW”, and I’m down to 2.5 seconds. If I get more gear, I think I’ll be able to drop that to 2.0 seconds.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

When Mesmer’s can’t compete in 2 major portions of the game yeah it is.

Oh yeah that map exploration is a major portion of the game! Lmao.

Wait think I covered this…. yeah here it is.

They can’t seem to understand that map exploration is a valid way to play the game, is mandatory to get legendaries and one of only 4 things to do when you complete the story (and 1 of 2 that doesn’t involve constant repetition/grinding) and if you the people you want to play with don’t have a way to share their swiftness with you then you can forget about playing general PvE with them.

Good point, where can I get this game where “Mesmers suck at GW2” that you seem to be so fond of?

Currently I’m playing “how fast can I kill a glass cannon in WvW”, and I’m down to 2.5 seconds. If I get more gear, I think I’ll be able to drop that to 2.0 seconds.

Wait I’m confused, the last thread about this where you were sprouting your idiocy you were saying that the only way to play the game was to go to straits and swim about underwater.

Now the only way to play the game is to find 1vs1s in WvWvW?

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Lol! You’re pretty funny.

Still waiting for you to accept an underwater movement nerf for the top 3 level zones in the game for a 10% passive runspeed bonus.

For a “major” (lol) portion of the game. I never said exploration was negligible, but major? Really now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: lagrangeify.5641

lagrangeify.5641

I use runes of the pack for increased swiftness duration on temporal curtain, and when it’s on cooldown I blink. And when I’m doing awkward vistas I often use portal to avoid those annoying mis-timed jumps and paired with blink to get around certain trap rooms. I’m very happy with my explore options.

Mesmers are a swiss army knife class with so many nifty toys that are the envy of other professions. We just have to work a little more proactively than they do. Reasons to be cheerful.

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Shhh, Portal is useless for exploration. The only thing that matters in this game is running in a straight line across the whole map.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Schroedingercat.7065

Schroedingercat.7065

Chia Troll?

Anyway, you get a speed bonus per number of clones out. You can target a mob close and dodge with the clone-on-dodge trait and keep running. This will give you a speed boost. Add it to curtain. You’re welcome.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Still waiting for you to accept an underwater movement nerf for the top 3 level zones in the game for a 10% passive runspeed bonus.

Without a second thought. Even if 10% speed increases didn’t work underwater (they do btw).

Exploring is a major part of the game. Do you even read what you respond to?

If they weren’t why are there so many PoIs and Vistas? Why is it MANDATORY for crafting legendaries? Why are there so much rewards for doing it? Why spend all the time making so many different areas some of which aren’t even used in anybodies Personal Story?

How is it any less Major then constant Karma farming in Orr or running dungeons 24 hours a day?

You do know movement speed increases can also be used for finding these 1vs1 in WvWvW which you think is the whole game, getting around to personal story missions or farming Karma as well right?

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Chia Troll?

Anyway, you get a speed bonus per number of clones out. You can target a mob close and dodge with the clone-on-dodge trait and keep running. This will give you a speed boost. Add it to curtain. You’re welcome.

You only produce a clone on dodge in combat. Combat slows all classes runspeed down, a lot lower then the 3% that single clone will get you or the 9% if you take the time to get all 3 clones out.

You’re welcome.

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

You do know movement speed increases can also be used for finding these 1vs1 in WvWvW which you think is the whole game, getting around to personal story missions or farming Karma as well right?

Categorically overpowered. Mesmers can already chasedown almost any class in WvW at any time. Passive run speed would be a joke.

Also, your “1v1” is funny. Shows your inexperience in WvW.

As previously stated: if you really give a kitten about exploration on a Mesmer, Centaur runes + MOR will give you 100% perma swiftness uptime. Lulz~~~

I mean, Mesmers are the only class that can get a heal exactly at 10s recharge. Thieves can get pretty close with their 15s Signet + Signet recharge I suppose.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vargos.6987

Vargos.6987

What about instead of passive run speed we bring back Illusion of Haste? Removes cripple on cast, increase run speed for x duration, causes cripple on end. Spam it while you’re running down the road, get cripple on you when you finally stop using it. Wouldn’t be much different from thief signet since nobody would use it for anything other than map running. Also would require losing a utility slot and not require a specific weapon. In pvp or wvw, you’d probably rather just use curtain anyway to gain some distance without cripp’ing yourself or having to use null field at the end of the spam cycle.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Endolex.8327

Endolex.8327

sigh EasymodeX, we’ve been at this before. If you don’t care about this isse, just gtfo instead of saying “I don’t care” in various ways, always repeating arguments that have already been exposed as invalid.

I believe I already made a suggestion everyone could live with:
Drop the random swiftness buff on Signet of Inspiration and give it a 10% passive movement boost instead. Done.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Categorically overpowered. Mesmers can already chasedown almost any class in WvW at any time. Passive run speed would be a joke.

Also, your “1v1” is funny. Shows your inexperience in WvW.

As previously stated: if you really give a kitten about exploration on a Mesmer, Centaur runes + MOR will give you 100% perma swiftness uptime. Lulz~~~

I mean, Mesmers are the only class that can get a heal exactly at 10s recharge. Thieves can get pretty close with their 15s Signet + Signet recharge I suppose.

So now you don’t even read your own posts? You are the ones who brought up killing Glass cannons in WvWvW, I presumed you meant 1vs1 because quite frankly you have no idea how the rest of the game works. I don’t think you understand how any game works.

Tell me what exactly what other classes are giving up for their run speed boosts/quickness? The only one that seems to is the Necro and its apparent lack of builds but I am not convinced that was a conscious decision by AN and that they will keep it that way.

Willing to admit you were wrong about exploring btw or are you ignoring that now?

(edited by Levetty.1279)

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

So now you don’t even read your own posts? You are the ones who brought up killing Glass cannons in WvWvW, I presumed you meant 1vs1 because quite frankly you have no idea how the rest of the game works. I don’t think you understand how any game works.

Presumed I meant 1v1 on a 1xx vs. 1xx vs. 1xx map. Lolk bro.

Tell me what exactly what other classes are giving up for their run speed boosts/quickness?

Duh, weapon selection, utility slots, trait slots.

Mesmer gives up rune selection, rolleyes. Oh, and heal selection I guess. Alternatively, the Mesmer could give up weapon selection (you know, to equip the most ridiculously powerful weapon in the Mesmer’s arsenal, such a sacrifice).

Willing to admit you were wrong about exploring btw or are you ignoring that now?

I have 46% map complete and I don’t even try for it. Apparently I’m losing some imaginary race that doesn’t matter, though.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

I believe I already made a suggestion everyone could live with:
Drop the random swiftness buff on Signet of Inspiration and give it a 10% passive movement boost instead. Done.

I’d be happy with this. Alleviates the problem and makes the Signet worth using.

The problem with this forum (and I have seen it on guru as well) is that whenever somebody brings up a problem with the mesmer, whether it is this, polishing stuff up or even bug fixes is that everybody seems to freak out and think we are asking for massive buffs to make us completely over powered, then starts pointing to sPvP noob stomping builds or some gimmicks we can use and act like that makes up for it.

in Mesmer

Endolex.8327

“Map exploration” applies to everything in the game. Getting to that Heart or Event faster. Getting to that tree or herb faster. Getting to that ore vein faster. Getting to that merchant around the corner faster. Just look how much in this game involves running from A to B, even if only for a few seconds and you may begin to see why every other profession has a reliable slot skill boost to this in addition to traits and weapon skills.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Presumed I meant 1v1 on a 1xx vs. 1xx vs. 1xx map. Lolk bro.

Tell me what exactly what other classes are giving up for their run speed boosts/quickness?

Duh, weapon selection, utility slots, trait slots.

Mesmer gives up rune selection, rolleyes. Oh, and heal selection I guess. Alternatively, the Mesmer could give up weapon selection (you know, to equip the most ridiculously powerful weapon in the Mesmer’s arsenal, such a sacrifice).

I have 46% map complete and I don’t even try for it. Apparently I’m losing some imaginary race that doesn’t matter, though.

Focus powerful in general PvE?

Let me channel my inner EasymodeX for a second… LOLZ ROLLEYES NOOB L2P

Also if you seriously think using up all our rune slots and a crappy heal is the same as other classes using 1 utility slot, a decent weapon choice or at most 10 trait points (in a good line btw so closer to just one trait choice) is even then you don’t know what even means.

(edited by Levetty.1279)

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Everything in the game that doesn’t involve doing something constructive, like killing mobs, killing players, <insert dungeon>, crafting, the list goes on.

Also if you seriously think using up all our rune slots and a crappy heal is the same as other classes using 1 utility slot, a decent weapon choice or at most 10 trait points

1. MOR has more heal throughput than the other heals, even untraited. Don’t QQ because Mantras are too hard for you.

2. Focus > Warhorn.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Everything in the game that doesn’t involve doing something constructive, like killing mobs, killing players, <insert dungeon>, crafting, the list goes on.

Exploring is constructive. Stop ignoring what I am writing because you can’t disagree with it.

Also all that list involves actual movement to get to it.

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Oh that’s right, most players don’t actually plan out where they move and run around randomly.

Good point, let’s get a run speed signet so we can by the most mobile profession in the game.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Also if you seriously think using up all our rune slots and a crappy heal is the same as other classes using 1 utility slot, a decent weapon choice or at most 10 trait points

1. MOR has more heal throughput than the other heals, even untraited. Don’t QQ because Mantras are too hard for you.

2. Focus > Warhorn.

1. Stop getting all upset when Mesmers ask for something to be fixed in PvE because your super 1337 100b build can’t kill them instantly with no effort.

2. What Warhorn? Mesmer doesn’t even have a Warhorn thanks for proving my point.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Oh that’s right, most players don’t actually plan out where they move and run around randomly.

Good point, let’s get a run speed signet so we can by the most mobile profession in the game.

So having a set goal makes you move faster then just going in whatever direction?

How can you possibly think that makes sense? Seriously how?

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Sorry, I can’t translate my post for <50 IQ. You’re going to have to use critical reading capabilities.

Sidenote: My Warrior’s super 1337 100b build actually does kill a glass Mesmer in <3.0 seconds, including the stomp. Actually had a guy whisper me asking what the kitten I just did because he died so fast.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

I’m a pompous kitten who is never wrong because I just ignore when people flat out prove me wrong.

Fixed that post for you there.

Can you leave now so this thread can go back to a constructive conversation?

in Mesmer

Endolex.8327

@EasyModeX:

And yet again you mix up (by purpose?) “mobility” (dodging, mob evasion, placement etc.) with straight, out-of-combat runspeed. No matter what runes, tricks and everything else you throw into the basket – even when a runspeed-optimized Mesmer will sorely lag behind all other (runspeed-optimized) professions.

I really don’t know what your beef is with this thing. Should you ever feel ‘overpowered’ or even ‘too fast’ when playing a Mesmer, just don’t use that skill then, right? Like I said: If you don’t care about this – just leave. Please do. It would make way for real suggestions instead of your useless bashing.

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Sorely lag behind? That missing 10%, oh my.

Like I said previously, a 10% Signet is fine, although it’s /zzz.

Just don’t pretend that the movement is a major problem when you’re unwilling to use a weapon swap when most classes resort to that very thing, or to trait improvements to Blink. Also, don’t neglect that Mesmers move faster underwater, or that Mesmers have the best Vista / jump puzzle capability via Portal.

Also, you refuse to accept Centaur runes when comparing “runspeed-optimized” professions. If you actually wanted to make an even comparison, you could. But, you don’t. Zzz.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dixa.6017

Dixa.6017

er what heal do we have on a 10s cooldown? i hope you don’t mean the regen at 75% health trait

as for dodging – um, guardians get the exact same 1s of vigor on crit trait, and rangers get a passive 50% increase in endurance regen trait. both are only 5 point starting traits

my mesmer is 74 with 63 hours played. admittedly my third 80, but as i’m also doing the third school it sent me to zones i did not do on the other two. i use gs+staff and manually flip out the focus for travelling purposes.

fastest traveller next to the thief is guardian staff. it’s like 10s of swiftness with a 15s cooldown, and they are far better at ignoring and running past content than a mesmer.

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

er what heal do we have on a 10s cooldown? i hope you don’t mean the regen at 75% health trait

Mantra of Recovery triggers heal procs on both/all discharges and the charge-up. But, it’s only viable for level 80 for full exploration since you’re burning superior runes for the effect.

in Mesmer

Chiatroll.7109

as for dodging – um, guardians get the exact same 1s of vigor on crit trait, and rangers get a passive 50% increase in endurance regen trait. both are only 5 point starting traits

my mesmer is 74 with 63 hours played. admittedly my third 80, but as i’m also doing the third school it sent me to zones i did not do on the other two. i use gs+staff and manually flip out the focus for travelling purposes.

fastest traveller next to the thief is guardian staff. it’s like 10s of swiftness with a 15s cooldown, and they are far better at ignoring and running past content than a mesmer.

Oh ok mid range and low level mesmers should walk around with those centaur runes that drop like candy. wait. well they are the only one capable of frequent healing it’s not like the ele with water can… never mind or the guardian. So yes if you focus every item on speed late game you can keep up.

and stop saying 10% because it makes you look like you didn’t read the OP. I pointed out how even the people with a 10% sig have a bunch of stuff they can stack on that to go even faster on top of a 10% sig.

The main problem I see with speeding up the mesmer for non combat exploration (which I enjoy on professions that aren’t made of molasses) is they are so well done for combat right now. I don’t want to improve them for combat but I’d like them to move faster when not in combat. Maybe if a signet they already have added in a speed boost that ONLY worked when out of combat I’d feel better then a strait up speed boost that works all the time.

We wouldn’t gain even better chase and kite powers but we would be able to explore on par with the others.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Sorely lag behind? That missing 10%, oh my.

Like I said previously, a 10% Signet is fine, although it’s /zzz.

Just don’t pretend that the movement is a major problem when you’re unwilling to use a weapon swap when most classes resort to that very thing, or to trait improvements to Blink. Also, don’t neglect that Mesmers move faster underwater, or that Mesmers have the best Vista / jump puzzle capability via Portal.

Also, you refuse to accept Centaur runes when comparing “runspeed-optimized” professions. If you actually wanted to make an even comparison, you could. But, you don’t. Zzz.

10% is enough to cause a lag behind btw, I know this from when I was trying to use my Rangers Warhorn to help a Mesmer get somewhere. It was a enough of a difference for him to fall out of its range on the cooldown.

Most classes only have to use one trait or utility slot, they also have stuff helpful for movement on several of their weapons.

Mesmer just has one weapon and it is fairly poor for general PvE. And forces us to use one of our main hand weapons, one of which is crap the other is good but not as good as either of our two handers.

Portals usefulness in jump puzzles can just be negated by not failing the jump puzzle (I find it funny that you think exploring isn’t a major thing but suddenly jump puzzles are important and a class should be balanced around their ability to do this).

Engineers are the fastest underwater class btw.

(edited by Levetty.1279)

in Mesmer

Endolex.8327

sigh Again, again, again…you don’t learn, do you.

All professions have weapon skills for movement, yet all but Mesmer have something else in utility skills in addition to a weapon skill. Makes them much less dependend on a certain weapon set.

The large majority of the game is not spent underwater. Your point? Does not exist.

Blink has very little impact on the movement speed bottom line, we discussed that before. Vistas or jumping puzzles are besides the point as well, and the ulitity portal offers for those doesn’t go much further than a ‘safety net’. Doesn’t help you go faster anywhere, just saves you some time if you screw up.

You are the one who always fails to make a decent comparison. Everything you point out are workarounds that optimize a Mesmer’s runspeed – always neglecting to see that other professions don’t have to go to those lenghts or make these optimizations in order to achieve a decent baseline runspeed. But I’ll gladly repeat: Take a Mesmer and any other profession, both up to their eyeballs with Centaur runes. The Mesmer will still eat the other profession’s dust.

in Mesmer

Posted by: maaprid.2168

maaprid.2168

During beta the signet that grants a random boon every 10secs(don’t rem the name) granted a boon outside of combat, I always had swiftness up running around with that signet on…I REALLY miss it the way it was =/

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Ironically, they did that due to player feedback that the boon voice-overs were “too annoying”.

in Mesmer

Endolex.8327

I think “always swiftness up running around” would be far from true, seeing as swiftness is just 1 of 8 random buffs to be applied every 10 seconds (in other words, you get it once every 80 seconds in average) and it lasts only for five seconds.

So: No. 10% passive always would be much more useful.