Mirage dodge?

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

So what’s the deal with the new Mirage dodge move? You get the evade proc but don’t move? How is this not a downgrade from the existing option where you get an evade proc AND move? Does the evasion last longer? Is there more of a buff to it? I mean from the looks of it this would make the Mesmer hell to play, since not only would an already slowly moving class be even slower moving, but we’d be at the whim of the numerous ground targeted AoEs in the game.

I don’t want to doom-and-gloom this, I’m just genuinely baffled as to what the advantage here is based on the promo video.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Your first mistake was presuming Anet wanted Mesmer to be good.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

It lasts slightly longer, and it doesn’t interrupt your casts from what I’ve seen.

Depending on the traits you choose, you also get a huge dps spike, since you get a special attack when you auto and your clones can do the same.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daedraz.1650

Daedraz.1650

1) To confuse players in pvp/wvw since the easiest way to tell apart the actual mesmer from its clones is dodge rolling.
2) The mirage dodge/blur brings a new mechanic into the game. When you dodge, you gain a short time frame in which you and your summoned clones get a special attack like thieves do when they attack from stealth. These special attacks seem to function like an alpha strike and are designed to inflict heavy damage in a quick burst.

(edited by Daedraz.1650)

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Depending on the traits you choose, you also get a huge dps spike, since you get a special attack when you auto and your clones can do the same.

Where is this info coming from? I watched the reveal videos and it had none of this?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Where is this info coming from? I watched the reveal videos and it had none of this?

Woodenpotatoes’ post show showed this interaction.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I’m a little sad on one hand about losing movement dodge because I like the aerial animation on asura.

But on the other hand if we can free cast while dodging that will be a bonus.

And then the other negative as said is how to get out of aoe beyond blur and run – essentially it will be similar to moving while hitting F4.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Trait that lets you break stun and clear condi on doge is neat. I guess letting us cast through doge is their way of saying “sorry for all the 1/2 second casts.”

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

I’ve been watching Aurora Peachy’s post stream for now and it seems that you can still move while you’re evading. Here’s what I’ve learned so far:

• The duration is the same as a normal dodge roll 3/4s Source
  • There’s a Minor granting superspeed when gaining “Mirage Cloak” Source
  • There seems to be a second Mechanic that they haven’t talked about yet that’s got something to do with Mirrors. Source1 Source2

Sorry for the low quality it’s screenshotted from 2 twitch clips I’ve created while she was showing mirage.
Clip with skills
Clip with traits

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

I’ve been watching Aurora Peachy’s post stream for now and it seems that you can still move while you’re evading. Here’s what I’ve learned so far:

• The duration is the same as a normal dodge roll 3/4s Source
  • There’s a Minor granting superspeed when gaining “Mirage Cloak” Source
  • There seems to be a second Mechanic that they haven’t talked about yet that’s got something to do with Mirrors. Source1 Source2

Sorry for the low quality it’s screenshotted from 2 twitch clips I’ve created while she was showing mirage.
Clip with skills
Clip with traits

Oh God even the utilities are kitten.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

The versatility of activating skills during an evade frame might outweigh the mobility loss, especially considering some of the on weapon mobility mesmer has access to: sword 3, staff 2, and axe 3.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

Just noticed: Look at the Vigor Tooltip

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Just noticed: Look at the Vigor Tooltip

:o Ok that’s different.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Daishi.6027

Fingers crossed that “other mechanic” is “enemies drops target”

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Fingers crossed that “other mechanic” is “enemies drops target”

My god that would be funny if it was a core mechanic of mirage. Though it seems Axe 3 has a base 10s cooldown which is nice.

But on the other hand it would be really annoying to have to play the retargeting minigame even more than usual. :/

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: pico.6402

pico.6402

Did U saw tooltip on Mirage feat. It have 7 tabs – every main weapon will get it own Ambush

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

Did U saw tooltip on Mirage feat. It have 7 tabs – every weapon will get it own Ambush

Ohh…
so we get 3 Axe Skills +7 Ambushes + A Set of Utilities = 16 skills I’m impressed.

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

Adding to the List of stuff:

• An interesting trait that recharges on shatter – source
  • The grandmaster trait that makes your clones strong – source
  • To go PvE Grandmaster – source
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Btw Mirror seems to be those prisms that you can create that if you run into gives you the new evade, gives enemies weakness and does a absolutly massive 80 damage. Thats your kittening DPS spec people, a utility that does 80 damage and a weapon that does 600 and people are already calling it OP. kittening amazing.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: pinkglow.3429

pinkglow.3429

Watching new warrior spec 1000, 2000, 1000, and mesmer damage is OP?=)

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

Btw Mirror seems to be those prisms that you can create that if you run into gives you the new evade, gives enemies weakness and does a absolutly massive 80 damage. Thats your kittening DPS spec people, a utility that does 80 damage and a weapon that does 600 and people are already calling it OP. kittening amazing.

Mirror Found it in WP aftershow while rewatching it. It grants mirage cloak as well which means 1s of dodge.

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Daishi.6027

My question to those people is how is any of this more OP than current DD?

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

So from watching WPs stream, mirage’s DPS seems to come from giving your clones mirage cloak and watching them load insane condi stacks via their ambush attacks. He was hitting some pretty good stacks in a short time by basicaly autoattacking and “dodging”.

When you combine the enhanced vigor with all of the sources for mirage cloak, I can see how it might have decent DPS.

Also @Me Games Ma – I feel like that second GM will be way better than the third, since it would allow your clones to use ambush attacks as well instead of just you. Opening up the potential for 4 ambush attacks simultaneously all stacking conditions.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

This seems extremely evade heavy as well, which does fit in with mesmer’s theme imo.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

Do you guys know what gear WP wore when he was playing with mirage? How can you talk about damage values? (but yeah 80dmg on the mirror is a joke tbh)

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Do you guys know what gear WP wore when he was playing with mirage? How can you talk about damage values? (but yeah 80dmg on the mirror is a joke tbh)

http://i.imgur.com/FValrpB.png

Tell me what gear is going to boost those numbers above joke values. I can run other classes naked and get more damage out of thier defense or support weapons then we get out of our DPS weapon.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

hmmm I can sort of see dueling/mirage and possibly illusions for another pvp condi spec, seeing how dueling gives vigor and synergise with bleed on dodging.

It could also work with raid if there are something else to buff dps. Condi mesmer dps is around 12k short from top, maybe something else could help? Haven’t seen any builds that can replace chrono’s utility in raid group though, so we either get >2 mesmers if dps holds up or falls back to our old job.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

http://i.imgur.com/FValrpB.png

Tell me what gear is going to boost those numbers above joke values. I can run other classes naked and get more damage out of thier defense or support weapons then we get out of our DPS weapon.

Viper. I don’t see your problem. Look at the 3rd autoattacks condition doration. Yes the ramp time will be long but the values aren’t a problem i think.

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Not very optimistic on mirage being a solid raid dps option.

Sharing mirage deception to clones to get burst conditions seems too gimicky. And clones do not synergize with traditional phantasm dps option at all.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Yes the ramp time will be long

Then what is the point in the spec?

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

We get a trait that makes our dodge a stun breaker and condition remover, so i’d say it’s pretty OP. Also does it interrupt casting? If not, even better. We also get an ambush skills after a “dodge”. https://imgur.com/a/qX8lZ#eWhSSmb

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Iirc you can use the blur while moving.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

This will be extremely OP in PvP as well as a bringing in a new height of braindead game play that even the bunker chrono coud never reach.

This is exactly what I feared Anet was going to give us to appease the PvE player base.

It took a long time for mesmer to have it’s skill floor/ceiling raised after HoT released and now this just completely kills it.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tseison.4659

Tseison.4659

This will be extremely OP in PvP as well as a bringing in a new height of braindead game play that even the bunker chrono coud never reach.

This is exactly what I feared Anet was going to give us to appease the PvE player base.

It took a long time for mesmer to have it’s skill floor/ceiling raised after HoT released and now this just completely kills it.

Please take in mind Mesmers that you won’t be able to run MIRAGE plus CHRONO at the same time and you’ll only be able to pick one or the other so yeah…. just putting it out there so the thought of said “oh it’ll be OP if chrono and yeah…no”, let that die.

Carry on everyone

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Azukas clowning reminds me. This spec provides absolutly nothing to stop us from being free kills to thief in PvP.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

Azukas clowning reminds me. This spec provides absolutly nothing to stop us from being free kills to thief in PvP.

You shouldn’t be a free kill to thieves in PvP now

You dying to thieves isn’t GW2 balance but your own skill level.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

now

Mirage isn’t now.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

It feels dirty to agree with Azukas, but condie chrono is fairly competitive against thieves. Mirage brings some shenanigans that should do even better if applied appropriately.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

It feels dirty to agree with Azukas, but condie chrono is fairly competitive against thieves. Mirage brings some shenanigans that should do even better if applied appropriately.

Has there ever been a time when a Phantasm build has done well against thiefs?

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Well yes, but why are you using phantasm builds in 2017? Not sure what that has to do with this.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Well yes, but why are you using phantasm builds in 2017? Not sure what that has to do with this.

I do fine against thieves with Condi Chrono.

Mirages entire gimmick is using clones as suped up Phantasms with control over when they attack

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

• MIRAGE STANDING IN THE GIANT CIRCLE OF DEATH!
    Mirage does Dodge
    …1…2…3…
  • STILL STANDING IN THE GIANT CIRCLE OF DEATH!
    Mirage = rez plz!

TOPKEK! :P

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Daishi.6027

Thief and condi chrono are pretty on par.

Mirage brings new things to the table but all of it seems pretty on par with what thief can do.

So what the problem with it?

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

• MIRAGE STANDING IN THE GIANT CIRCLE OF DEATH!
    Mirage does Dodge
    …1…2…3…
  • STILL STANDING IN THE GIANT CIRCLE OF DEATH!
    Mirage = rez plz!

TOPKEK! :P

Actually given how big some of the AoE skills of other classes look, this part does have me worried.

Dodge for movement is one of those small things that is usually taken for granted. On one hand freecasting and moving while blurring is appealing, on the other hand the ability to dodge jump, dodge out of aoes and dodge into an enemy for shatter are very hard to let go of.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

I do fine against thieves with Condi Chrono.

Mirages entire gimmick is using clones as suped up Phantasms with control over when they attack

Well that’s not really an accurate view of it. Firstly, phantasms are currently weak to basically everything because of how easily they’re killed. Phantasms are heavily limited in production speed, so killing them effectively disables a phantasm build. Clones, however, are easily and rapidly produced in a variety of ways. The mirage mechanics take clones from ignorable shatter fodder to a dangerous offensive threat.

Additionally, has some mechanics that will really screw up thieves. Most thief burst is targeted, with the exception of vault spammers. The detarget capability provides a really interesting method of totally neutering a thief burst if used at the appropriate time. Combine that with blur protection on important casts that counters the headshot spam tactic and the significant variety of condition pressure from the skills and you’ve got a spec that will be very dangerous in an equal-skill matchup vs a thief.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

OOOH Evasive Mirror! lightbulb

Oh HELL yes, I’m going to run that kitten all the time!

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Most thief burst is targeted, with the exception of vault spammers.

And they can do the same to us with stelath. The relative ease of clone production vs Phantasm will help with all thier dodges and you are right that blur is better then blocks.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

And they can do the same to us with stelath. The relative ease of clone production vs Phantasm will help with all thier dodges and you are right that blur is better then blocks.

Sure they can avoid direct attacks with stealth, but thief damage revolves around landing high intensity hits, not a continual spray of damage. If both combatants manage to avoid most targeted hits, the thief will still die and the mesmer will be fine.

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

Those clones on roids are channeled attacks from what i can tell. That means you dodge while they are visible even if they stealth it’ll track em.

You guys have to remember I’m only interested in balance and high skill play. IDC if it’s my own class or my most hated class it’s broken it needs to be brought in line.

Fay knows i’m right

Mirage dodge?

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Those clones on roids are channeled attacks from what i can tell. That means you dodge while they are visible even if they stealth it’ll track em.

You guys have to remember I’m only interested in balance and high skill play. IDC if it’s my own class or my most hated class it’s broken it needs to be brought in line.

Fay knows i’m right

Yeah, Fay is your best friend.