Mirror Blade

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Posted by: xiao.2614

xiao.2614

i mean, i think its not a big deal if devs would return old mb (with 4 bounces) anyway mesmers are not god tier in current meta OR at least make it a trait skill instead of might per shatter in Illusion trait line pls

i hope alot of ppl support it so we could get old mb

cheers

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

It was a dumb nerf yes, there are things that i want much more than this though, but this one is easy to implement.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

With all that Mirror Blade can do, I found the nerf to be fair. I would rather see buffs to non-torch/shield off-hands to make them competitive.

Gandara

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Posted by: Myrias.8732

Myrias.8732

Agreed. It’s not like its hard to dodge the skill in its entirety, let alone the 4th bounce.

Myrias Faust – Mesmer
Victory or Death [VoD] – Yak’s Bend

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

With all that Mirror Blade can do, I found the nerf to be fair. I would rather see buffs to non-torch/shield off-hands to make them competitive.

Focus needs a kitten buff for pvp and offhand sword could use something to make it more appealing compared to the other options.

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

xiao.2614

hope moderator will clear this thread and discusion will continue

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Not are you insanely aggressive, you’re also insanely insulting, and insanely wrong all at the same time. Such a wonderful combination!

I could back up my statement that you’re insanely wrong buuuuuuuuuuuuuut quite honestly I don’t care to, you’ll just have to take it on my word. If somebody else wants me to explain, I’ll consider it.

(edited by Fay.2357)

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Posted by: Khyber.1284

Khyber.1284

A reversion of mirror blade would be nice, But I haven’t suffered much from the nerf so I’m in between (But I would still like the old MB)

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

xiao.2614

can i somehow create voting at this forum? bcuz we have 700+ views and only 20 replies (1/3 of replies is just stupid spam about offhands and “want attention” kids)

so ppl could just press “yes” or “no” in voting about old mirror blade

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I really think they need to remove the part about mirror blade that is unblockable.

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

xiao.2614

I really think they need to remove the part about mirror blade that is unblockable.

1. its so easy to dodge at long range; at short range is a little bit harded but mb has kitteng animation so if u are good its not problem for u and if u are bad… l2p
2. so, 0 ublockable skills for mesmer class is okay yea?

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Hot Boy.7138

1. its so easy to dodge at long range; at short range is a little bit harded but mb has kitteng animation so if u are good its not problem for u and if u are bad… l2p

Yeah, that’s okay with me. Mesmer shouldn’t have any unblockable skills. Especially one on such a short cd that hits so hard. Unblockable skills should go to classes that have a hard time landing attacks. But mesmer is attacking from all directions at all times with clones, phantasms, shatters, and wells. Mirror Blade should be blockable.

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

Emm?.. Revenant has hard time to land attack? Dragon hunter?

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Quadox.7834

Yeah, that’s okay with me. Mesmer shouldn’t have any unblockable skills. Especially one on such a short cd that hits so hard. Unblockable skills should go to classes that have a hard time landing attacks. But mesmer is attacking from all directions at all times with clones, phantasms, shatters, and wells. Mirror Blade should be blockable.

Okay, warrior.

Oh wait, that’s it.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Mak.2657

BB!
We will miss you.

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

But mesmer is attacking from all directions at all times with clones, phantasms, shatters, and wells. Mirror Blade should be blockable.

Don’t worry, I’ve had a lot of experience with sort of issue. I diagnose it as a terminal case of PEBKAC.

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Hot Boy.7138

Okay, warrior.

Oh wait, that’s it.

I’m a mesmer and has been since launch. If you don’t agree, then fine. I stand by what I say.

It’s too strong as it is. No one wants to see their precious class nerfed, so of course no one on this thread will agree.

If i were going to change Mirror Blade, I would make it blockable, OR make it so it’s unable to bounce at all.

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Okay, warrior.

Oh wait, that’s it.

I’m a mesmer and has been since launch. If you don’t agree, then fine. I stand by what I say.

It’s too strong as it is. No one wants to see their precious class nerfed, so of course no one on this thread will agree.

If i were going to change Mirror Blade, I would make it blockable, OR make it so it’s unable to bounce at all.

WTF? So I am deserved to see revenant heals up in his safe shield bubble w/o the ability of doing anything? There is already an over abundance of unblockable skills from other class. Why can’t we have something similar?

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Khyber.1284

This debate on whether or not MB should be blockable. . . . Even if it was blockable…nothing is stopping me from laser-ing my enemy with GS1 then mirror… But either way you are like the 0.000000001% when it comes to this. (In my view at least, I haven’t seen any complaints about MB before this)

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Hot Boy.7138

This debate on whether or not MB should be blockable. . . . Even if it was blockable…nothing is stopping me from laser-ing my enemy with GS1 then mirror… But either way you are like the 0.000000001% when it comes to this. (In my view at least, I haven’t seen any complaints about MB before this)

Yeah, I’m definitely in the minority.

But definitely other classes have their own balance issues. But their attacks about which should and shouldn’t be unblockable should be for another thread.

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

I always assumed Mirror Blade was made unblockable because it is a clone-producing ability.

Your argruement doesnt make any sense… If blocks could only absorb X amount of hits, I could understand your point. It doesnt matter if your hitting someone 1/sec or 100000000000000000000000/sec, a block will block everything that is blockable during its duration.

Mirror blade only ‘hits hard’ if you can control its bounces. Which means being right on top of your target where spatial surge will be doing negligible damage.

Dont get me wrong, Mirror blade needed to be nerfed after the specialization update. It was way over-performing. I would have preferred they cut its base damage by 20%~ and leave the extra bounce, but its fine the way it is now.

(edited by Mikkel.8427)

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Hot Boy.7138

I always assumed Mirror Blade was made unblockable because it is a clone-producing ability.

Your argruement doesnt make any sense… If blocks could only absorb X amount of hits, I could understand your point. It doesnt matter if your hitting someone 1/sec or 100000000000000000000000/sec, a block will block everything that is blockable during its duration.

Mirror blade only ‘hits hard’ if you can control its bounces. Which means being right on top of your target where spatial surge will be doing negligible damage.

Dont get me wrong, Mirror blade needed to be nerfed after the specialization update. It was way over-performing. I would have preferred they cut its base damage by 20%~ and leave the extra bounce, but its fine the way it is now.

My argument makes perfect sense. if there is a class that is very easily kited and attacks are slow and every easy to dodge. if they play well and are able to land a big attack, sometimes that big attack then gets blocked. Times like that it may be okay for an attack to be made unblockable. I think warriors can do that with their signet of might. It’s a utility skill they have to slot and has a decent cd to accompany it.

Greatsword mesmers are the best kiters in the game. Also, they have no problem landing any attacks. Block is a nice counterplay mechanic that mesmer shouldn’t be able to bypass. It’s too much for mesmer to also have an unblockable attack in addition to being great kiters, attacking from all sides at once, and insane on demand burst damage.

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Posted by: LeCardCaptor.6730

LeCardCaptor.6730

Unblockable skills can’t be reflected. If a projectile is not unblockable, it can be reflected.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reflect

Having said this, since mirror blade is a projectile, if it were to be reflected, you’d end up with your opponent having a clone of themselves. You can already do that with the scepter auto (unless they fixed it), but that’s another story.

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Mak.2657

attacking from all sides at once

What is this?

Suppose, you are not using gs, but having problems vs gs mesm while using offhand sword?
Gs2 do like 2k damage with both crits.
You see gs mesmers/cronos being OP in current meta, thus wann make them only class without offensive unblockable capability (don’t count arcane thievery)?

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Hot Boy.7138

I really can’t be convinced that mirror blade needs to be unblockable.

But that’s fine. I’m not a dev, I can’t change anything. I was just stating my opinion on the skill.

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Honestly, as far as the tangential discussion goes, unblockable should simply not exist. Period.

Outside one one specific situation: A specific effect gives you temporary “unblockability”.
That is, compare what Revenants have in shiro stance. It puts a buff on them. That type of stuff. Other than that, no, if it’s an attack, and I can block attacks, I should be able to block the attacks. Done.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Myrias.8732

If people want to get rid of unblockable, we better get rid of stunbreak too. I think its OP that when I stun people they can get away. Nerf please

Myrias Faust – Mesmer

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Khyber.1284

If people want to get rid of unblockable, we better get rid of stunbreak too. I think its OP that when I stun people they can get away. Nerf please

Good luck with that. And……as in “get away” do you mean escaping? If you do then I’ve never imagined a world where…MoD or f3 would be used defensively….

(edited by Khyber.1284)

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

If this is the worst we’ll ever get for a nerf, I think I can handle it.

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Like I said, it should be an actively activated skill giving you a limited amount of unblockability.

Just like it is an actively activated skill granting you a stunbreak and/or further immunity.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Quadox.7834

Okay, warrior.

Oh wait, that’s it.

Yes mesmer is too strong i don’t disagree with you (chrono)

Yaniam [Mesmer]

Mirror Blade

in Mesmer

Myrias.8732

I was pointing out that for every action there needs to be counter play. Stuns have stunbreaks, blocking has unblockable moves. Remove unblockable moves and blocking will be OP. sPvP doesn’t need to be any slower with everyone hiding behind shields, etc.

What exactly is strong about Mesmer and in what game mode? sPvP is largely lacking, our presence in PvE is 90% because alacrity (and nerfing this is just another case of give mesmer something decent, and then take away 110%) , and WvW is barely even a game mode right now.

Edited because I forgot to finish my thought, lol

Myrias Faust – Mesmer