Mistrust

Mistrust

in Mesmer

Posted by: fluxit.8247

fluxit.8247

Hello all. I’m curious about the new grand master trait being added to our dueling trait-line, “Mistrust”. The skill fact currently reads: “When you interrupt a foe inflict confusion in an area around them”. An interrupt will apply 2x (6sec) confusion in an AOE around the target.The AOE confusion currently has a radius of 240 and a limit of 5 people. Also, the skill has no internal cool down.

My question is this, if one were to proc an AOE interrupt using chaos storm, mantra of distraction, or a traited diversion shatter would the effect chain with each simultaneous interrupt?

Example
Person A, B, C, D, E and F, are standing in a group. Persons A, B, and C are unlucky enough to be interrupted by mantra of distraction, thus leaving persons A, B, and C with 4 stacks of confusion and persons D, E and F with 6 stacks of confusion.

Persons A, B, and C do not directly apply confusion to themselves due to being interrupted but are affected by their compatriots being interrupted while the rest of the group is inflicted by all 6 confusion stacks.

Furthermore, does the trait apply confusion to the interrupted foe as well. It must do, otherwise it would be a useless skill in a 1v1 scenario.

Do you think this is what is meant by the skill fact and do you think this is how they intend for it to work?

(edited by fluxit.8247)

Mistrust

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

For every interrupt 5 targets around the interrupted target would get confusion.

Simple.

Mistrust

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

3×2 = 6. You made this sound more complicated than it actually is. In the example you give, all enemies (A-F) would simply have 6 stacks of confusion on them.

Furthermore, does the trait apply confusion to the interrupted foe as well. It must do, otherwise it would be a useless skill in a 1v1 scenario.
Do you think this is what is meant by the skill fact and do you think this is how they intend for it to work?

Yes. The interrupted foe is within the radius, so obviously they would receive the confusion as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Mistrust

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

3×2 = 6. You made this sound more complicated than it actually is. In the example you give, all enemies (A-F) would simply have 6 stacks of confusion on them.

Yes. The interrupted foe is within the radius, so obviously they would receive the confusion as well.

Wait isn’t it supposed to be, 1 stack on the target interrupted and 2 on nearby enemies?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Mistrust

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Wait isn’t it supposed to be, 1 stack on the target interrupted and 2 on nearby enemies?

As far as i know, no confusion on the target interrupted but enemies around get confusion stacks (2 i think)

Mistrust

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Usually this sort of description means a targeted AoE Confusion (in this case) that is centered on the target, and also applies to that target. At least that’s how I think these sort of “spells” usually work?

Wouldn’t make much sense if the guy you interrupted didn’t get hit, but everyone around him did. (IMO anyway) The point of this trait is to spread mistrust in tightly grouped enemies, as you’re using the interrupted person as an anchor to damage others. ;-)

No idea, but that’s how I assumed it would work.

Mistrust

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

It would make NO sense if you interrupted someone (in a 1v1 situation) and didn’t have the effect applied to the interrupted enemy as well. This isn’t how I assumed it worked, but I guess I wouldn’t put it past Anet. I half-kid… It doesn’t state anywhere that 1 stack is inflicted under any circumstance, so I assume it’s 2 stacks for the interrupted enemy as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Mistrust

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

The only sensible interpretation is what MailMail said: AoE 2 stacks of confusion centered on the interrupted target.