Moa - still no proper animation

in Mesmer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Years ago Moa was changed into a signet, but the animation was adjusted poorly. Currently it looks like a mesmer with alacrity casting staff autoattack with slow (which makes it easy to miss in any fight larger than 1v1), and the signet only shows up above the mesmer’s head after he’s done casting, not as he begins.

It’s a gamechanging skill in a game with only animations to rely on, can we ever expect it to be fixed?

(edited by witcher.3197)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

With signet animation do you mean that the signet appears above the head of the mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

With signet animation do you mean that the signet appears above the head of the mesmer?

Yes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Moa has a proper telling, but now the cluster is a lot more prominent than before, which makes it difficult to read most animations

M I L K B O I S

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Know what I miss? Cast bars.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Know what I miss? Cast bars.

The game is not designed to have cast bars

M I L K B O I S

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Yeah, I agree here. The tell is definitely too weak for such an impactful skill. Granted, that criticism can be applied to a lot of things, but it’s definitely true for moa.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The game is not designed to have cast bars

The tech isn’t there? :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

the signet only shows up above the mesmer’s head after he’s done casting, not as he begins

Having the Moa appear at the beginning of the cast seems like it’d be a good compromise, then? I’d be in favour of that.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Years ago Moa was changed into a signet, but the animation was adjusted poorly. Currently it looks like a mesmer with alacrity casting staff autoattack with slow (which makes it easy to miss in any fight larger than 1v1), and the signet only shows up above the mesmer’s head after he’s done casting, not as he begins.

It’s a gamechanging skill in a game with only animations to rely on, can we ever expect it to be fixed?

Really easy fix. Make the purple glow white, and make the bird produced white. There is no skill in the game that produces a white glow like that. Moreover mesmer skills are usually Magenta. Even colorblind people could see the mesmer was doing something different.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.