More interrupts please?

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

I’d just like to know how the community feels about the number of interrupts we have.

I’d really like to have 3s stun from SoDomination lowered to 0.5 or 1s but reduce the cooldown to like 10-15s so we have more real interrupts but the option to create a permastun.

Also how would you guys like a weapon designed to rupt people? Like a Mace/Shield or a Hammer with skills that trigger their main effect if you interrupt with them.

~ Me Games Ma

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

I’d love more interrupts, it’s a ton of fun to play like that. I think something like a harp would be nice for interrupting, buffing allies.

Pineapples rule

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Veruah.5302

Veruah.5302

We already have the most interrupts of any profession, I think. Every possible weapon set gives us access to some sort of interrupt and then for utilities we have Mantra of Distraction and Signet of Domination. So, really, I don’t know if “more” is the answer.

I don’t disagree though that mesmers need something to cement us as the real kings of interruption. Currently the gameplay in GW2 makes interrupting an overly difficult task.

My suggestion (and I know there is exactly a 0% chance this will happen) is to give mesmers some sort of guaranteed interrupt. Here’s my idea:

Illusion of Accuracy

Manipulation utility. 1/4th second cast. 40s cooldown. 600 unit range.
Places an effect on the target with a duration of 5s. During this time the next interruptable skill used by the target is immediately interrupted. Once one skill is interrupting the Illusion of Accuracy effect is removed (no more than one interrupt per Illusion of Accuracy cast).

Something like this opens up really smart counterplay. The opponent, if they have good awareness, will spot the skill and burn a non-essential skill, knowing they can spare the interrupt for now but risking setting up Chaotic Interruption, Bountiful Interruption, etc.

What do you guys thing? Too OP?

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

More interrupts would be nice, however there is few sense in playing an interrupt build thanks to thieves.

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

I don’t think more is the answer really, because as said we do have plenty, but they should really buff the ones we have. CS is an idiotic trait because long daze gets overwritten. Runes of mesmer are dumb.

-They should increase our daze duration from MoD by .5 sec at least, maybe .25 on diversion. At the minimum there should be a non-GM trait that does this.
-We should have stronger proc on interrupt traits. BI is good but doesn’t really punish the opponent directly just buffs the mesmer, CI could be better, Power Block…well whatever. We should have that warrior trait that applies confusion on interrupt, they should buff the damage of halting strike.
-Lower the cd on MoD.

SoD has a .25 sec cast time so it isn’t really for interrupting, its for a blanket lockout (3 sec stun) for control. Lowering CD only makes sense if you remove cast time and make it instant, which would be a great thing imo. So

-Lower CD of SoD, lower duration of stun and make instant, basically a signet alternative to MoD except with stun instead of daze. This would be a great change.

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Schattenlied.4873

Schattenlied.4873

I would prefer to get more traits for condition remove, to free up an utility slot for MoD or SoD. At the moment, Blink, Decoy and one condition remove is fixed for most builds. Mender´s Purity+mantra heal allows us to take MoD/SoD as well, but 2 mantras aren´t best for QoL in my opinion. The general amount of interrupts is fine if you ask me. ANet could lower the casttime for Counterblade tough, to offer a low cooldown interrupts that is reliable.

Xaverí [RUN] [OMFG] [TDS]
Sylvari-Mesmer
Kodash

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Replacing furious interruption:

Disruptors Alacrity

On interrupt, decrease the cooldown of the interrupting skill by 10(15?) seconds. This has no internal cooldown and can proc multiple times for aoe skills.

Alternatively:

On interrupt, decrease all cooldowns by 5 seconds. No internal cooldown.

What either of these traits would do is allow a skilled interrupt Mesmer to actually capitalize on interrupts by either applying higher pressure through overall skill usage, or by gaining the ability to churn out more interrupts rapidly. Particularly, these would allow interrupt mesmers to have a real role in group fights of any scale, as the aoe potential of things such as iWave and Chaos Storm could produce instant recharges in big fights, allowing for significant boost in strength.

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Veruah.5302

Disruptors Alacrity

On interrupt, decrease the cooldown of the interrupting skill by 10(15?) seconds. This has no internal cooldown and can proc multiple times for aoe skills.

Alternatively:

What either of these traits would do is allow a skilled interrupt Mesmer to actually capitalize on interrupts by either applying higher pressure through overall skill usage, or by gaining the ability to churn out more interrupts rapidly. Particularly, these would allow interrupt mesmers to have a real role in group fights of any scale, as the aoe potential of things such as iWave and Chaos Storm could produce instant recharges in big fights, allowing for significant boost in strength.

+1x1000. I would take this immediately. And probably move to using GS regularly.

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Disruptors Alacrity

Alternatively:

Annndd would give us a much needed boost to AoE damage in WvW zergs.

Chaos Storm /sip Chaos Storm /sip Chaos Storm /sip

Attachments:

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Disruptors Alacrity

Alternatively:

While I would kill for this to happen, it would probably get triumphant distortioned and get a 10 sec cd on it :/

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

Disruptors Alacrity

Alternatively:

Hah Hah Haaaa the alternative would be great for PvE as well! Time Warp cooldown reduction! GG!

We already have the most interrupts of any profession, I think. Every possible weapon set gives us access to some sort of interrupt and then for utilities we have Mantra of Distraction and Signet of Domination. So, really, I don’t know if “more” is the answer.

I don’t disagree though that mesmers need something to cement us as the real kings of interruption. Currently the gameplay in GW2 makes interrupting an overly difficult task.

My suggestion (and I know there is exactly a 0% chance this will happen) is to give mesmers some sort of guaranteed interrupt. Here’s my idea:

Illusion of Accuracy

Manipulation utility. 1/4th second cast. 40s cooldown. 600 unit range.
Places an effect on the target with a duration of 5s. During this time the next interruptable skill used by the target is immediately interrupted. Once one skill is interrupting the Illusion of Accuracy effect is removed (no more than one interrupt per Illusion of Accuracy cast).

Something like this opens up really smart counterplay. The opponent, if they have good awareness, will spot the skill and burn a non-essential skill, knowing they can spare the interrupt for now but risking setting up Chaotic Interruption, Bountiful Interruption, etc.

What do you guys thing? Too OP?

Please name it Mistrust I’d love it!

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

Bring back Panic and Clumsiness too.

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

Bring back Panic and Clumsiness too.

Some more old friends:

Panic
Trait: Domination Grandmaster (replaces Confounding Suggestions)
Grants a chance to spread control effects on 4 more targets in a 360 range around the original target.

• Daze – 1s
  • Stun – 1s
  • Knockdown – 1s
  • Knockback – 1s
  • Launch – 1s
  • Float – 1s
  • Sink – 1s
  • Internal Cooldown: 10s
  • Chance to trigger: 25%

Ineptitude
Skill (Hex — “new” skill category)
Hex your foe with Ineptitude for 4s. The next hit he lands will inflict blind, weakness, torment and bleed to 5 foes near him.
Casttime: 3/4s
Cooldown: 45 seconds (lol “4—5—s” is censored)

• Ineptitude(4s)
  • Blind (10s)
  • Weakness(s)
  • 2x Torment(5s)
  • 3x Bleed(5s)
  • Range: 1200
  • Radius: 240

Clumsiness
Skill (Hex — “new” skill category)
Hex your foe with clumsiness for 4s. The next successful attack the hexed foe lands will damage 5 foes near him.
Casttime: 3/4s
Cooldown: 45 seconds

• Clumsiness(4s)
  • Damage(as much as iSwordman does)
  • Range: 1200

Already suggested that ~ 5 months ago :P

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

MSFone.3026

Disruptors Alacrity

Alternatively:

Sweet idea. How would the this work with MoD, decrease the mantra recharge time or???

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Disruptors Alacrity

Alternatively:

Sweet idea. How would the this work with MoD, decrease the mantra recharge time or???

Depending on charges left, it would either remove the cooldown between uses or decrease the cooldown on the whole mantra.

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

With pyros idea we’d be able to weave a web of disruption again!

Aww I still love gw1 <3

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

MSFone.3026

Really they should buff our interrupting capabilities over anything, that is the best way to get anything of GW1 mesmer back. And only the biggest morons would QQ about interrupt based skills because interrupts are the least face roll thing in the game, I’d say impossible to “spam.”

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

Really they should buff our interrupting capabilities over anything, that is the best way to get anything of GW1 mesmer back. And only the biggest morons would QQ about interrupt based skills because interrupts are the least face roll thing in the game, I’d say impossible to “spam.”

And they’re extremly easy to counter… :<

The “:<” above is a link :P

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Disruptors Alacrity

Alternatively:

Holy!@#! Yes pls.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Schattenlied.4873

Schattenlied.4873

Absolutly awesome idea from Pyro!

BTW, what do you think about a change to Disruptor´s Sustainment?

Interrupting a foe steals one of his boons and transfers one of your conditions to him

I´m not sure about cd for such a trait. Without any cooldown, this would offer quite a lot of support potential with staff/fokus/gs + Signet of Inspiration. On the other hand, it´s still in a trait line I wouldn´t like to use for most interrupt builds.

Xaverí [RUN] [OMFG] [TDS]
Sylvari-Mesmer
Kodash

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Veruah.5302

Aww I still love gw1 <3

All of these GW1 mesmer skill links really make me wish I played that game.

Off topic, but does anyone still play it? Would buying it be worth it?

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Me Games Ma.8426

Aww I still love gw1 <3

All of these GW1 mesmer skill links really make me wish I played that game.

Off topic, but does anyone still play it? Would buying it be worth it?

Sure most of the players left this game when gw2 was released and the ones that are still playing should all be experienced and skilled players right now. It definetly IS an awesome game. The story, the fightsystem (especially the mesmer is great with its thousand of hexes interrupts and combos) and the map/leveldesign is well done. The problem is that if you’re used to GW2 you’ll be having problems with GW1. No dodging, tanks, healers, dds, no jumping. Always when I try to play gw1 now I have to close it pretty soon. It’s just not as good as GW2 eventhough the mesmer is 100 times stronger than he is here.

Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

lovely idea on the trait, if not totally abuse bound for wvw requiring a massive nerf on chaos storms CD timer yet again..

I’d like to point out a convo with pyro i had where in it was discussed about how interrupts alone are not the most useful thing to buff.

1. the game has no cast bars
2. the game has a LOT of tiny casting windows
2.1 – the big hitting/super important skills to interrupt often fall into the 2 catagory
3. race disparity makes reading animations on “casting” somewhere between painfully obvious (norn) or extremely hard (asura)

also interrupts don’t carry a huge punishment right now, yes 5s on nonuse on some skills can be horrid but if you are not a zerker facing off against a zerker then battles can last long enough to render interrupts negligible. key examples are against bunkers or high sustain classes like Warriors.

Personally I’d love to get some more interrupts and better access to them but they need to pack a bigger punch without needing to pick up a damage minor trait or a GM increased CD trait (which limit build potential).

Maybe have interrupts place a 2s global CD on all skill use? obviously Auto attacks and thieves should be immune for some reason, after all if you cant spam away the game is too hard and unfun… or something..

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I presume by global 2s CD you mean increase CD time, since 2s on skill usage are exactly what daze/stun does. However what you’re suggesting is a bit like chill (less RNG but somewhat less effective) in chaotic interruption.

More interrupts please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

I presume by global 2s CD you mean increase CD time, since 2s on skill usage are exactly what daze/stun does. However what you’re suggesting is a bit like chill (less RNG but somewhat less effective) in chaotic interruption.

all interrupts apply daze then?

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet