My "support team but also damage" build Spvp

in Mesmer

Posted by: Renner.2574

Renner.2574

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAsdWnUEVUbUNC0wWjExkigz3OpQ5WOSFMtSKwtLE-TsAA0CnIKSVkrITRyisFN+Y9xkAA

This is a build I have been running in SPvp and I think it works well. I just want to know if there is anyway I can make it more useful for my team and I or anything that will generally improve it. The build focuses on giving my team boons/condi removal and protecting them from projectiles.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Its definitely a unique build, but I don’t see any specific flaws with it. Seems like it’d work better with an organized group and has quite a few nuances to learn but every trait seems to serve a purpose.

However I’d experiment with moving 10 points from Dueling into one of the other lines (Dom, Chaos, or Inspiration) since you don’t need deceptive evasion much beyond for clone deaths. Also, your support seems strong enough without really needing staff, I’d beef up your damage a bit with greatsword (which would also grant boons via Mirror Blade and iWave’s interrupt)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

this build looks awesome, gotta try it

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

tried the build, its quite good , only makes me miss blink

in spvp i wouldnt take signet tho, in spvp 90% of my matches ppl just do random stuff while i solo cap… (they dont deserve my boons!)

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Renner.2574

Yea the blink is a bummer, but I did move 10 points from dueling and add them to Chaos for Chaotic interruption. This seems to work very well for also more interrupt synergy but also for decapping points (temporal curtain pulls them off the point and immobilizes them).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

This looks very interesting, though of course seems like it works best with some organised teamwork.

in Mesmer

Renner.2574

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I dunno if I agree with the change. DE gave you clone fodder to shatter when needed and makes Debilitating Dissipation a very reliable AoE CC. To trade it for a trait that you only barely have control when it procs (Temporal Curtain and the occasional daze shatter.. which is now also less potent without Deceptive Evasion to help space out your clones. Staff can’t predict the dazes/interrupts) feels more like a downgrade than upgrade. (Unless it’s been working for you of course).

I’d say to either revert it back or instead grab Prismatic Understanding, that way you can also share stacks of Protection with your team.

in Mesmer

Renner.2574

I think DE should be moved to an adept trait, then everything would work perfectly. Anyway I got DE back as it seems overall better.