NPC Mesmers

NPC Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

If you observe NPC mesmers such as Anise, Jennah, White Mantle Mesmers etc and other bosses who seem to be hybrid classes you notice some pretty crazy skills or abilities that are starkly different from our own. Other than some NPC being NPC dumb but also essentially being invincible even while the player can die over and over again in some cases, as Commander, leader of Dragons Watch, top ranking member of Orders and the Pact, etc, these days we seem to be… very weak. Which is great lore wise I’m sure these NPCs should be able to carry their own.

What are the most memorable mesmer skills you remember? Which ones would you dream of having most?

Recently I was finishing the Lake Doric arc and Jennah puts up that giant dome shield around the city. She also seems to have casted a spear 5 Vortex skill on land. White Mantle Mesmers have that intimidating looking multiple GS3 purple stabby aoe, and reappear after death (or did we kill their clone). I recall a long time ago in a story instance Anise or Jennah having more clones than our max slots. Also for game mechanics there seemed to be a lot of portal bombing, whenever anyone needed to leave they’d have a portal somehow no matter the class, like the heart when you release seraph prisoners from the white mantle fort lol

NPC Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Which ones do I dream of having most? Kasmeer’s portal ability honestly, the ability to place the exit portal wherever you kitten well please, without needing to actually be able to walk/jump there first. It woudl trivialize everything though

NPC Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’m a fan of Anises ability to summon like 6 phantasmal duelists at the end of the commoner human storyline, and I bekieve they did more than one attack too.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

NPC Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tseison.4659

Tseison.4659

I personally would’ve liked for them to add that ability where you reappear after death (or was it a clone) skill to the Mirage elite spec. They could have it be a 60s or more trait where if you would take fatal damage, it looks like your player is downed but it actually shadowsteps your character away with a bit of health.

Almost like an illusion of weakness sort of thing.

I also agree about being able to place portals wherever you please. At this point, mounts and gliding making anything possible and with the scourge portal now, it only seems fair.

NPC Mesmers

in Mesmer

Durzlla.6295

I personally would’ve liked for them to add that ability where you reappear after death (or was it a clone) skill to the Mirage elite spec. They could have it be a 60s or more trait where if you would take fatal damage, it looks like your player is downed but it actually shadowsteps your character away with a bit of health.

Almost like an illusion of weakness sort of thing.

I also agree about being able to place portals wherever you please. At this point, mounts and gliding making anything possible and with the scourge portal now, it only seems fair.

Being able to drop the portal within like, let’s just say 600 units of you would certainly make it useable in combat as well, right now it feels like it’s purely an out of combat ability which sucks for the kinda game GW2 is.

NPC Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: pico.6402

pico.6402

White Mantle Mesmers have that intimidating looking multiple GS3 purple stabby aoe…

This should be our ambush on GS in my opinion.

NPC Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

White Mantle Mesmers have that intimidating looking multiple GS3 purple stabby aoe…

This should be our ambush on GS in my opinion.

It really should be.

NPC Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

It’s not something I’ve seen in the game, but when I think mesmer I envision skills that can:

1. Generate a dozen clones. They don’t have to do any damage, just run around and dodge in a more naturalistic way.

2. OR, keep the three clones but have them perfectly imitate everything I do, albeit facing towards the target.

NPC Mesmers

in Mesmer

takatsu.9416

It’s not something I’ve seen in the game, but when I think mesmer I envision skills that can:

1. Generate a dozen clones. They don’t have to do any damage, just run around and dodge in a more naturalistic way.

2. OR, keep the three clones but have them perfectly imitate everything I do, albeit facing towards the target.

yes this is an idea I’ve wanted for so long – they said Mirage is meant to confuse the enemy with clones (one of the multiple distracted things it’s trying to do). if that is the purpose then I want that clone mirroring thing in random positions around us.

maybe an elite skill that temporarily doubles our slots for a duration would also be cool like anise with alot of illusions up. that would be so good if we want a burst dps build

also caudecus has all these portals around the entrances of the room that does knock back or teleports us around, could portals be offensive aoe pls

NPC Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Handi.1685

Handi.1685

If you guys have time go and see the asura mesm in Sorrow’s Embrace dungeon P1 ( i think she is there ) so this boss mesm can make doppelgangers enemies, something i hoped mirage will have in this exp , but i think i had high hopes for this spec , or LS2 Gates of Maguuma after the inquest attack , Kasmeer’s Phantasmal Defender walks with her after the battle ( maybe it was a bug )

NPC Mesmers

in Mesmer

takatsu.9416

are there any mesmer Charr NPCs?

OMG I remember Lyssa in Orr, I’d like the ability where you can’t face her haha

NPC Mesmers

in Mesmer

Durzlla.6295

are there any mesmer Charr NPCs?

OMG I remember Lyssa in Orr, I’d like the ability where you can’t face her haha

The Honorless Gladium storyline has your father as a mesmer and he has some super cool abilities, one of which he enters a stealth that he can attack from without giving him reveal and doesn’t come out until you kill a bunch of little spider illusions.

NPC Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’d like to be able to do Kasmeer’s clone army ( in Scarlet’s ship at the end of the LA attack. ) The corrupted Priestess of Lyssa in Arah P4 used to be able to generate and shatter 6 clones at a time as well.

Kasmeer’s portal makes me green with envy. Though Anise ported from the Palace to Caudecus’ Manor without travelling there first.

Mesmerising Girl

NPC Mesmers

in Mesmer

takatsu.9416

The Honorless Gladium storyline has your father as a mesmer and he has some super cool abilities, one of which he enters a stealth that he can attack from without giving him reveal and doesn’t come out until you kill a bunch of little spider illusions.

Imagine that on a PU build!

NPC Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

The “immediately go anywhere you want in the world, without any cooldown” portals. It’s one reason why I dislike seeing NPC mesmers in stories, they’re definitely the writers’ pet class as far as being absolutely grotesquely overpowered (especially compared to PC mesmers) goes.

NPC Mesmers

in Mesmer

takatsu.9416

The “immediately go anywhere you want in the world, without any cooldown” portals. It’s one reason why I dislike seeing NPC mesmers in stories, they’re definitely the writers’ pet class as far as being absolutely grotesquely overpowered (especially compared to PC mesmers) goes.

i feel like they think PC mesmers are that OP