Posted by: Geeo.2154

Geeo.2154

Anyone come up with anything good yet?

New mesmer Shatter Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Shatter build with the new confounding suggestions buff:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/PvP-WvW-Lockdown-Shatter-Shatterlock/first#post3347457

More difficult, but also more tactics avaliable.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Soyboy.3548

Soyboy.3548

Have you no shame? You have to copy others’ builds?

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Dont be so judgemental.

Everyone learns differently. Most start with a template to learn what they like and find outbwhat works before moving on to their own interpretation.

Being stubborn and refusing to look at other peoples builds just for the sake of pride stunts learning. Its like becoming a martial artist without reading any books or learning under a sensei cuz you dont wanna “Be unorigjnal and copy a fighting style.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Geeo.2154

Geeo.2154

ye i work like 24/7 no time to sit at home testing builds, wish i could sit at home testing kitten but i have to rely on others research

in Mesmer

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

No shame in that if someone is a new or casual player. Are you so bad you can’t beat players running similar build as you?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vash.1920

Vash.1920

Actually there is no chance to have a own build in gw2 based on the amount of players and the most important traits. Even u discover something new somebody else probably already know it. The today known knockdown setup was also announced 6months ago by myself – but i broke up with it after a old patch. Still there is not really a own build as long u wanne play somehting worthy.

Just go ahead – the trick isn´t only create a build even more be able to play it.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Actually there is no chance to have a own build in gw2 based on the amount of players and the most important traits. Even u discover something new somebody else probably already know it. The today known knockdown setup was also announced 6months ago by myself – but i broke up with it after a old patch. Still there is not really a own build as long u wanne play somehting worthy.

Just go ahead – the trick isn´t only create a build even more be able to play it.

This. No one can claim a build like it’s a plot of land.

Honestly, the people you see posting builds are moreso just “representing” that spec and playstyle by writing a guide about it, posting videos, and answering questions. I have no doubt people have come up with builds similar to mine, if not the same, but I don’t know that for sure, so I post the build and anyone running anything similar now has someone to chat with, learn from, theorycraft, ect. and a little community forms of people sharing their experiences.

I never think “Ha this build is mine! Go, all you silly little spawns of my build, go and represent me!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vash.1920

Vash.1920

That´s what I´m talkin about – the builds I play are also quiet similar to Osicats. But i didn´t even knew that he exists when i had created “my” builds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Plus its good to get newer/casual players started on more skillful builds because chances are if you google recent mesmer builds, a large portion of the related material will be PU so not only will they start playing mesmer without actually learning most of the class’ mechanics, but they’ll get dumped on for playing a build they just found. Learn the more complex builds and playstyles first, then experiment with the meta builds so that you already fully grasp the class mechanics and can now compete with the people who just rolled the FotM build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: theCOREYCOLAK.5698

theCOREYCOLAK.5698

Lol. Please stop. Meta will always be meta.

Corey Goes Shatter (One Fabulous Mesmer)
Fort Aspenwood