New mesmer healing skill

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

gee i wish this looked useful and mesmers could be less dependent on Clones and Phantasms and regain some of their independence from Gw1 :\ ah well.. further shoved down the path of reliance on NPC AI, hooray..

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

As if my hybrid PU build needed a buff.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Dulfy has a post previewing the upcoming heals.. with screencaps.

http://dulfy.net/2013/12/05/gw2-new-healing-skills-for-next-patch/

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

882???

15 char

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Heh, gotta love the inconsistency for this information.

Half the posts here on the forums linking the Reddit post or the gw2db info get deleted (I know for sure the one on the Elementalist forum and the one on the Ranger forum were removed, and my post that linked that info in the Guardian healing thread was deleted, though the thread itself remained), half of them are left alone, and then Dulfy posts a preview of the things the next day anyway.

Is it a secret or isn’t it?!

Based on that preview… wow. That seems REALLY good, if it’s with 0 Healing Power. 800HP (a second, I assume, since no other rate is given?) for 3 illusions? That’s fantastic.

The burst-heal isn’t very good (though the secondary effect is), but I can definitely see myself getting a lot of use out of this, since I don’t tend to take a lot of damage all at once to the point where I need a burst heal.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

It’s so not 800 hp/s. maybe /3s. Even /2s seems on the very high side. Because does anyone honestly think they’ll give mesmers a heal that’s stronger than warriors?

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

Warrior’s HS is 400/s and is completely passive. Illusions do take effort to keep up, and mesmers do have lower hp/armor so I would expect something more than 400/s for 3 illusions out. On the other hand, 800/s does seem a bit much. Mainly thinking how horribly overpowered a WvW illusion spam/stealth condition build would be. On the other hand, warriors get 3s stance with 3k/hit block/heal, which would make them completely unstoppable in WvW zergs, so I have doubts that whoever designed these considered WvW at all.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Electro.4173

It’s so not 800 hp/s. maybe /3s. Even /2s seems on the very high side. Because does anyone honestly think they’ll give mesmers a heal that’s stronger than warriors?

Its hard to say, really.

The tooltips on some of these really suck. I mean, the Elementalist one doesn’t even list a base heal amount. So we might be missing some important information and it may indeed not be that amount per second, who knows.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

Aside that each time a balance patch seems to significantly improve ourselves certain …. can’t avoid put his snout here.

I hope ; ) this help a bit:

In Spanish the tooltip is:
Sello pasivo: “Te curas cada varios segundos en función del número de ilusiones que controlas.”
Sello activo: “Te curas y reinicias las recargas de habilidad de las ilusiones.”

Translating:
Signet Passive: “Heal yourself every few seconds depending on the number of active illusions.” (Illusions that you control) (For now, do not specify the number of seconds, obviously not every second.. Perhaps they’ll add it in the patch or we should check it in combat…)
Signet Active: “Heal yourself and refresh illusions skill recharges.”

Regards

(edited by Zoser.7245)

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Electro.4173

Aside that each time a balance patch seems to significantly improve ourselves certain …. can’t avoid put his snout here.

In spanish the tooltip is:
Sello pasivo: “Te curas cada varios segundos en función del número de ilusiones que controlas.”
Sello activo: “Te curas y reinicias las recargas de habilidad de las ilusiones.”

Translating:
Signet Passive: “Heal yourself every few seconds depending on the number of active illusions.” (Illusions that you control) (For now, do not specify the number of seconds, obviously not every second.. Perhaps they’ll add it in the patch or we should check it in combat…)

Regards

Wow, good on the part of whoever writes the Spanish tooltips to make it much clearer than the English version.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Zoser.7245

In my case with the build I’m using right now with 43 healing power at lvl 80 I see:

Healing: 3257
Passive Heal – 1 Illusion: 280
Passive Heal – 2 Illusion: 536
Passive Heal – 1 Illusion: 792

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

I really hate the passive. Phantasm builds are strong enough. Now you’ll have the knight set phantasm mesmer with Persisting Image, Signet of Illusion, iDef, iDesen. Add on top of it PU, Phantasmal Healing and Illusionary Membrane. IC is now on 15 illusions too.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

I really hate the passive. Phantasm builds are strong enough. Now you’ll have the knight set phantasm mesmer with Persisting Image, Signet of Illusion, iDef, iDesen. Add on top of it PU. IC is now on 15 illusions too.

Its Heal per illusion, not phantasms.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

I really hate the passive. Phantasm builds are strong enough. Now you’ll have the knight set phantasm mesmer with Persisting Image, Signet of Illusion, iDef, iDesen. Add on top of it PU. IC is now on 15 illusions too.

Its Heal per illusion, not phantasms.

Illusions include phantasms and clones.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: SuperPiggy.2941

SuperPiggy.2941

Translating:

Regards

Wow if its refresh ‘illusions’ skill recharge i imagine you can create some pretty nasty burst with this, mirror images and signet of illusions. MY BODY IS READY!!!

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

Translating:

Regards

Wow if its refresh ‘illusions’ skill recharge i imagine you can create some pretty nasty burst with this, mirror images and signet of illusions. MY BODY IS READY!!!

Wow … OP … that would be.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shadowkiller.6725

Shadowkiller.6725

hmmm…this signet is like a puzzle piece and everyone is trying to make it fit into their current builds. maybe we can figure something else for it and maybe new builds. we might see something like new mesmers running runes of dolyak and eating mango pies…it could become a trend? let us welcome our future new mango pie eating brethrens ! one other thing…1 sec casting time with that signet over our heads…could be trouble…should add a chat bubble along with it that reads "CC me now guys !! "

a lighter thief

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Zoser.7245

Calm, what I understand is that recharge the attack of your active illusions not reset your illusions skill cooldown to cast them again. Your illusions attacks again when you active the healing signet. The healing signet have 1s cast and 25s cooldown.

If you have three clones out and active it is a waste but if you can active it with the mayor number of phantasms possible you get the highest burst.

You need to manage it and not always are you going to accomplish it if you need heal yourself urgently, the areas/zerg have killed your illusions (WvW ), etc.

(edited by Zoser.7245)

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Now, if the traits for signets weren’t garbage or placed so oddly or other signets aside this, the active of Inspiration and passives of midnight/illusions were worth to make a build around, a signetmesmer could be a option.

Sadly that’s not the case…..but still, remember that you can trait this heal for giving you Distorsion, removing conditions and having lower CD.

The best part of the potential signet build is probably Blurred Inscriptions, but it’s so redundant with the current signets. Why would I need to be invulnerable while my enemy is blind or stunned? And I’m certainly not going to want to kill my healing and make an ill-timed Phantasm attack refresh just for the sake of 1 second of distortion.

On another note, if the passive healing ticks at fairly lengthy intervals it could actually be good for other builds and require skilled play to take advantage of. This is kind of pushing it in realistic situations, but let’s say it ticked once per 5 seconds. A good shatter mesmer would eventually get a feel for when the heals come in and may be able to time his clone generation/shatters to match.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

SuperPiggy.2941

Calm, what I understand is that recharge the attack of your active illusions not reset your illusions skill cooldown to cast them again. Your illusions attacks again when you active the healing signet. The healing signet have 1s cast and 25s cooldown.

If you have three clones out and active it is a waste but if you can active it with the mayor number of phantasms possible you get the highest burst.

You need to manage it and not always are you going to accomplish it if you need help yourself, etc.

Hmm.. well i guess refreshing the skills cooldown might be a bit op. If it worked that way, i was imagining the burst rotation going something like:
blink in – ileap- mirror image shatter combo- stealth wtih torch 4- activate signets – repeat ileap combo- ??? – profit/win. Don’t think even bunker guards can take that cause i usually take at least 60-70% hp when a full shatter combo hits even on bunkers

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Shadowkiller.6725

just a want to point out to anyone that haven’t played around with blurred inscription, the distortion happens after the casting time

a lighter thief

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Zoser.7245

You need to manage it and not always are you going to accomplish it if you need help yourself, etc.

Hmm.. well i guess refreshing the skills cooldown might be a bit op. If it worked that way, i was imagining the burst rotation going something like:
blink in – ileap- mirror image shatter combo- stealth wtih torch 4- activate signets – repeat ileap combo- ??? – profit/win. Don’t think even bunker guards can take that cause i usually take at least 60-70% hp when a full shatter combo hits even on bunkers

Of course that is no the way it works lol. Too much. The active illusions will attack again after you active healing signet, any illusions the worst, 3 phantasm the best, I think. Your burst on heal will will depend on the type and number of illusions you have active at the time you active the healing signet.

(edited by Zoser.7245)

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

SuperPiggy.2941

Of course that is no the way it works lol. Too much. The active illusions will attack again after you active healing signet, any illusions the worst, 3 phantasm the best, I think. Your burst on heal will will depend on the type and number of illusions you have active at the time you active the healing signet.

Ah ok, then i guess it won’t be useful for a shatter build. C’mon Anet, shatter needs some love

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

Did I miss something … zoser how do you know so much about this?

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Zoser.7245

Aside from being better or worse than others heals, this opens a new front. We’ll have to be quick analyzing on you enemy bar, and if they use their passive or active part of these new heals along the combat to avoid it. These are offensive heals.
If you’re not careful when your enemy use of them, no matter what your profession, you could be in trouble or probably death.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Zoser.7245

SuperPiggy

Illusions 25 – Illusionist’s Celerity – Moved to Master tier.
Illusions VI – Illusionary Invigoration. Recharge reduced from 90s to 60s. Moved to Master Tier.
Inspiration XI – Shattered Conditions. Increased radius from 240 to 600.

Well, I’m sure they will try to be fair.

Few days and we’ll see all news.

P.S: Excuse me, a fail quoting lol

(edited by Zoser.7245)

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Zoser.7245

Did I miss something … zoser how do you know so much about this?

“I know that I know nothing” (Socrates)

Perhaps my experience since the beta or perhaps no.

Time to play for a while and sleep.

Good night and sweet dreams in Tyria.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

SuperPiggy.2941

SuperPiggy

Illusions 25 – Illusionist’s Celerity – Moved to Master tier.
Illusions VI – Illusionary Invigoration. Recharge reduced from 90s to 60s. Moved to Master Tier.
Inspiration XI – Shattered Conditions. Increased radius from 240 to 600.

Well, I’m sure they will try to be fair.

Few days and we’ll see all news.

P.S: Excuse me, a fail quoting lol

Well the first 2 are nice buffs but dropping 30 points in inspiration will really hurt the dps of a shatter build so im not sure how i feel about the shattered conditions change. But hey, im not gonna complain about a buff, i guess it’ll help support specs.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

I said this before, but I’ll say it again. I’m fairly certain that the heal will refresh the phantasm summons.

Causing the phantasms to attack again is a functionality that does not make sense. Phantasms are separate units. You the Mesmer can’t actually control them, they just fire off their skills.

This would be a fully new functionality to code, and something to remember is that coders are lazy. It’s much easier to copy paste functionality than write new stuff.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yuhi Mortel.2609

Yuhi Mortel.2609

Shatter dead :P
Gogo all phantasm or Bunker Condition. Easy to play, no risk, and freewin (or escape).

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Arewn.2368

I said this before, but I’ll say it again. I’m fairly certain that the heal will refresh the phantasm summons.

Causing the phantasms to attack again is a functionality that does not make sense. Phantasms are separate units. You the Mesmer can’t actually control them, they just fire off their skills.

This would be a fully new functionality to code, and something to remember is that coders are lazy. It’s much easier to copy paste functionality than write new stuff.

I can confirm that it is an industry rule that computer people are lazy and will take the route of least clicks. That said, they also get the job done. So I wouldn’t rule it out based on that alone.
We also don’t know how it’s coded, such functionality might be fairly available to them without a lot of work, perhaps even already there and simply not implemented into current skills. We do know that illusion attack rate can be readily manipulated, as seen with Phantasmal Haste.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

We do know that illusion attack rate can be readily manipulated, as seen with Phantasmal Haste.

Not quite accurate.

The way traits work, including phantasmal haste, is that they actually call a different skill. This is evident when you see bugs crop up where they make a change to a skill, and forget to change the traited version, or the traited version has a different cooldown (this was the case with blink + long range manipulations).

So, what phantasmal haste does is it makes you summon a phantasm that has a different cooldown for the skill it uses. It doesn’t actually modify the phantasm skill recharge, it just uses a different one. It would be a 100% new and different thing to be able to affect the rate at which a phantasm uses skills from the mesmer.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Arewn.2368

Not quite accurate.

The way traits work, including phantasmal haste, is that they actually call a different skill. This is evident when you see bugs crop up where they make a change to a skill, and forget to change the traited version, or the traited version has a different cooldown (this was the case with blink + long range manipulations).

So, what phantasmal haste does is it makes you summon a phantasm that has a different cooldown for the skill it uses. It doesn’t actually modify the phantasm skill recharge, it just uses a different one. It would be a 100% new and different thing to be able to affect the rate at which a phantasm uses skills from the mesmer.

Ah, good point.
Though 100% new to us(player) is different from 100% new to Arena Net. Just because we haven’t seen it implemented doesn’t mean it, or functionality similar to it, aren’t already made. It’s not like they implement every single skill concept they try.
One way or the other, it’s only a few more days till we can confirm it

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

Evidence for recharging the attacks, not the summons: After the warden change, phantasms in general appear to move to attack range before cooling down. That makes this ability much more effective.

Or maybe I imagined that change, dunno.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Telekinesis.8312

Telekinesis.8312

Comparing our best heal atm Ether Feast (20 sec recharge) at 0 healing power
Heal – 5560 – 278/s
per illusion heal – 640
1 illusion up – 6200 – 310/s
2 illusions up – 6840 – 342/s
3 illusions up – 7480 – 374/s

With 300 healing power into inspiration trait line
Heal – 5860 – 293/s
per illusion heal – 670
1 illusion up – 6530 – 326.5/s
2 illusions up – 7200 – 360/s
3 illusions up – 7870 – 393.5/s

Signet of the Ether with 0 healing power
Heal – 3240 – 129.6/s (25 seconds recharge on the active)
Passive heal 1 illusion – 276 – 5520 (20 seconds pulsing each second)
Passive heal 1 illusion – 276 – 2760 (20 seconds pulsing every 2 seconds)
Passive heal 2 illusions – 532 – 10640 (20 seconds pulsing each second)
Passive heal 2 illusions – 532 – 5320 (20 seconds pulsing every 2 seconds)
Passive heal 3 illusions – 788 – 15760 (20 seconds pulsing each second)
Passive heal 3 illusions – 788 – 7880 (20 seconds pulsing every 2 seconds)
Amount of heal increased per illusion – 256

Signet of the Ether with 300 healing power
Heal – 3360 – 134.4/s (25 seconds recharge on the active)
Passive heal 1 illusion – 306 – 6120 (20 seconds pulsing each second)
Passive heal 1 illusion – 306 – 3060 (20 seconds pulsing once every 2 seconds)
Passive heal 2 illusions – 562 – 11240 (20 seconds pulsing each second)
Passive heal 2 illusions – 562 – 5620 (20 seconds pulsing once every 2 seconds)
Passive heal 3 illusions – 818 – 16360 (20 seconds pulsing each second)
Passive heal 3 illusions – 818 – 8180 (20 seconds pulsing once every 2 seconds)
Amount of heal increased per illusion – 256

Conclusion – Pulse every 2 seconds seems logical, 3 seconds is way too low and 1 second is uhm..

As pyro mentioned, recharging the attack of the phantasm doesn’t make sense, cause lets say u heal when the phantasm has 1 second to attack, which makes the active other than the heal literally useless. Along with 20% signet recharge, makes this a good dps ability if healing isn’t what u need in the situation.

(edited by Telekinesis.8312)

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Am I the only one who’s gonna take more GS now? I mean … 2, 3, 4, 4, swap, kill. At least against many targets in dungeons (3+). It’s pretty cool that you can just start with 2 phantasms. 2 Wardens <3

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Telekinesis.8312

well i use greatsword anyway :-) i can open with a zerker and switch to sword/focus to get a headstart while running closer to the target(s). This active if it’s working as the description suggests just makes it much more powerful

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Am I the only one who’s gonna take more GS now? I mean … 2, 3, 4, 4, swap, kill. At least against many targets in dungeons (3+). It’s pretty cool that you can just start with 2 phantasms. 2 Wardens <3

Is that going to be better than any other rotation? Don’t think so.

But if it really resets illusions summons skills, we may be back on being considered for dungeons speed runs. The only problem is the tradeoff: 4% decrease if you use empowering mantras…

I am also considering in adding shatter on the rotation with this new signet.
So for dungeons with no reflect needed, should go something like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQRAsc8KFp0DpJRjteEBVBsj0jWT1ctSPwtLU2A-e

Also, regarding mantra of pain, can this get change to mantra of speed?
Same cool down but gives us swiftness instead of crappy damage, so can be used as a speed up or as a group healing

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

(edited by Ryn.6459)

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Shadowkiller.6725

Evidence for recharging the attacks, not the summons: After the warden change, phantasms in general appear to move to attack range before cooling down. That makes this ability much more effective.

Or maybe I imagined that change, dunno.

happens to me all the time with all the changes in mesmers and theorycrafting going on in the mesmer forums i don’t know which is which and what got implemented or is still a concept? mesmers forums does the most theorycrafting compared to any other profession forums….if they want to argue ask them what is their meta? anyways i want to stay on in line with my thoughts and not start to ramble about the other profression. after reading everyone’s post on wether it’s a sumoning thing…this signet might work well along with the insperation trait line, shattered conditions or restorative illusions. i can see it freeing up our IC addiction and maybe…just maybe deceptive evasion as well. only one way to find out…i know a lot of you are itching to play around with this new signet, 4 more days…4 days of theorycrafting…if i keep reading the mesmer forums my mind get overstimulated and end up with a nosebleed from all the points and ideas floating around…floating in the forums like purple butterflies…going to be a lot of interesting battles especially within the mesmer profession…teh brotherhood

a lighter thief

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Telekinesis.8312

Illusionary Brotherhood!!

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Is that going to be better than any other rotation? Don’t think so.

But if it really resets illusions summons skills, we may be back on being considered for dungeons speed runs. The only problem is the tradeoff: 4% decrease if you use empowering mantras…

But does it actually provide a big enoug benefit? Its efficiency is limited by the weapon swap cooldown. I also feel that my phantasms die a lot less in fractals sine the last patch (agony immunity). In dungeons where a lot of area damage is happening it won’t help because the new phantasm will die as well. Don’t get me wrong, it is nice but probably more useful in PvP/WvW than in PvE. I do not feel like the active effect is game changing if it really resets the phantasm skills and not the phantasm attacks. It is nice for utility skills, though (iDisenchanter and iDefender).

I’m hoping for a 3s healing frequency on the passive effect. 2s would be very close to the healing signet of the Warrior. Plus we have easy access to Regeneration. I do not want to see this happen because it will get the Mesmer nerfed in other areas.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Although the phantasms are different entities, chill does increase recharge time in real time. I don’t think it would be that hard to reverse the % or # on chill effect, crank it up a notch and make it last 0.1 seconds on all phantasms we have summoned. This would refresh the phantasm’s attack CD “instantly” but only once.

I don’t think that will actually happen though. It would make our phantasms more active and we could time our attacks well but it would also make 1 dodge able to negate all of our phantasms and then they would be synced up so that 1 dodge would negate them for an entire fight. Would be OP against noobs and useless high up. Lose lose for us.

Against enemies that require projectile negation rather than projectile absorption, having a 2nd warden ready to go would be great. The mid point cat golem comes to mind. Also, runes of scholars + passive heals ftw. Or just getting 3 phantasms out fast. So I will definitely be using this in PvE.

For small scale wvw/pvp, I think this will be OP. Not just for the healing but also how hard this will spike. I usually summon a swordsman then swap weapons for another phantasm before the swordsman gets me into combat. This lets me summon 2 phantasms WITHOUT my weapon CD procing. 3 phantasms is usually GG and this will let me have a 4th replacement ready 2 seconds into a fight.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

are you sure by refreshing the skill recharge they aint meaning this recharge the phantasm Attack skill and allow them all to perform their attack the moment you healed? (doesnt look like it but this would highly benefit fantasm build either way)

as for the 780 healing im kind of like… wtf? if mesmer has this much self healing we gunna have a remake of the ranger 1k heal per second regeneration from open beta.

worse yet phantasm build provide regeneration and you even got a darn damage shield coupled with that if you took the utility spell. Phantasm healing each other the resulting build is gunna be utherly nasty in pve and pvp.

Ill just run illusionnary zerker gunner or the deflecting focus one coupled with the illusionnary defender at all time to troll out the party regen and give party wide armor while laughing my back off standing behind and watching the boss dies while i regen for like 1k per second in the backyard. This awfull signet is gunna make phantasm mesmer this more disgusting in pvp. I guess they wanted to revalue phantasm over shatter here because mesmer hardly ever keep their illusions up for long and arena net likely want us to use illusions as decoy and not explosive bombs.

either way welcome to Mesmer Wars 2 now i need to go finish lvling my lvl 75 mesmer to 80

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

(edited by kyubi.3620)

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: rei.3654

rei.3654

I also agree that this is a buff in the wrong spot. However, don’t shatter builds pull off the biggest burst damage? This is like potentially phantasm burst combo > < which is cool, but lol not necessary at all. I also see that they’re trying to give phantasm mesmer more of a reason, so people aren’t just bursting with shatter or going PU condi. But I think there are still a steady popular amount of phantasm mesmers in general, it’s not weak at all.. And it’s all phantasm mesmers in PvE anyway

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

This heal mostly caters to passive builds like Phantasm or PU Condition which have a relatively low skill-floor and largely ignore our unique class mechanism of shatters. Nor does it address one of the inherent problems we face (i.e. our role in large-scale fights) as our clones get wiped instantly.

Low skill-floor? Compared to what? Shall I greatly over simplify your play style and suggest that any monkey could do what you do?

Our unique class mechanism is illusions. If you want to just use your illusions as fodder that is fine, but there are other things you can do with them.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

This heal mostly caters to passive builds like Phantasm or PU Condition which have a relatively low skill-floor and largely ignore our unique class mechanism of shatters. Nor does it address one of the inherent problems we face (i.e. our role in large-scale fights) as our clones get wiped instantly.

Low skill-floor? Compared to what? Shall I greatly over simplify your play style and suggest that any monkey could do what you do?

Our unique class mechanism is illusions. If you want to just use your illusions as fodder that is fine, but there are other things you can do with them.

“relatively low skill floor” I said. I personally rank our builds as follow (from relatively low skill to relatively high skill).

- PU Condition
- Phantasm
- Shatter
- Lock-down

Now, you can disagree with me or not, but that’s my view, and the newly proposed signet mostly caters to the first two types of build where the core tenet is – and this is obviously a gross over simplification – to rely on the AI of your illusions whilst confusing your opponent with teleports, stealths and other movements, and in doing so largely ignoring our core mechanic of shatters.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

“relatively low skill floor” I said. I personally rank our builds as follow (from relatively low skill to relatively high skill).

- PU Condition
- Phantasm
- Shatter
- Lock-down

Now, you can disagree with me or not, but that’s my view, and the newly proposed signet mostly caters to the first two types of build where the core tenet is – and this is obviously a gross over simplification – to rely on the AI of your illusions whilst confusing your opponent with teleports, stealths and other movements, and in doing so largely ignoring our core mechanic of shatters.

You seem to be assuming that our core mechanic is shatters. That is false. Our core mechanic is illusions.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

I can confirm that it is an industry rule that computer people are lazy and will take the route of least clicks.

And I can confirm that you, sir, don’t know your kitten from a hole in the ground.

Sorry, these horribly ignorant blanket statements can not just be ignored. If you honestly think that ANet programmers, or pretty much any games programmer working for a competitive development house are anything remotely resembling lazy, you really need a reality check.

I bet almost none of the ANet developers have the time to play nearly as many hours of GW2 as you do, because they’re spending that time working on the game instead.

And people wonder why devs don’t spend more time with their fan base. Must feel really awesome to work 70+ hour weeks for months at a time, only to be called “lazy” by people who probably spend way too much time playing a game. (Your game! Which is the kind of irony that probably is what keeps them working.)

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I’d lay even money it’s /3 seconds. Combine it with Phantasmal Healing and it’s the same as the warrior’s signet.

New mesmer healing skill

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

Place your bets, we find out (hopefully they go into detail) in a 1/2 hour.