Next Patch's Rumors

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

I’m certainly intrigued – if the notes are real then I can foresee the possibility of making a high-DPS “boss killer” mesmer build that uses mantras/interuppts/GS to stack large amounts of might and boons and share them with the party while simultaneously burning the target hard through direct attacks.

When you strike a boss with an interuppt, even if defiant prevents the interuppt you still get a popup that say “interuppted” – I’m curious whether that interupption popup confers interuppt related bonuses

A hybrid shatter mesmer running it could stack some serious might

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

It does seem like Interrupt builds may resurface, but I don’t know. You actually need to interrupt for Interrupt traits to work (just using an Interrupt skill won’t cut it), so Diversion is very unlikely to trigger more than once on each enemy. And if you want to use Imbued Diversion then you’re pretty much locked into 10/0/30/0/30, but then outside of mass interruption (which is highly unreliable as you’re not likely to interrupt everyone at the same time, and since they’d be Dazed subsequent Illusions aren’t going to interrupt anything) what are you going to do for damage and what-not?

I’m a bit disappointed we didn’t see more of our traits tweaked and nothing was merged. There’s quite a few more traits that I feel lack polish (Empowered Illusions for example) and could use a bit of looking into.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: MakersMark.8420

MakersMark.8420

I would trade all of those (maybe minus signet of illusions) for a fixed zerker, or well fixed GS in general.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

as long as they don’t touch my GS/mantra/illusion burst build, it’s ok…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

Really skeptical about these leaked patch notes. Where did they come from? Seems unfounded. And if it’s true it means that the only inclusion of Torment is on scepter 2?

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Sig of Illusion working properly deserves a celebration because a phantasm build in pve won’t suck anymore BUT WHAT ABOUT iZERKER? wtf anet

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Hmm a traited scepter just got interesting. With the CD reduction the Illusionary Counter is on a 7.5s CD and the torment lasts for 8s without condition duration additions. Without condition cleans perma torment? I can see people yelling about that one. Really like that they seem to be turning us into the GW1 shut down class that I heard so much about.

oh trust me they have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG way to go. This is nothing to what was available and im not exaggerating.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Given that they’re not fake…i call at least a uncomplete section for mes.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I already believe Mesmer to be a bit too strong in tPvP, if this is true, Mesmers will become downright overpowered. Although, if the ‘leak’ in the Necro forum is true, then Necro will also become overpowered. Which does not bode well.

This works on a plethora of issues in PvE and WvW (though not as many as I’d like, I trust this isn’t the only balance patch this game will get in it’s lifetime).

Seeing just how many balance things have been borked for the sake of tPvP so far, I really think that the sPvP players can “take it” for once, and let the remainder of the players get some balance, too.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

(edited by Carighan.6758)

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

As I see the “complete”-“leaked” patchnotes, I’m really disappointed. The interrupt changes are nice and were necessary. The rest is rather nerfing than buffing. (Almost) all other classes received a long list of buffs, mesmer several bug-/exploit-fixes and several nerfs.

Scepter now deals a new condition with a single skill. This skill’s damage has been lowered to a QUARTER, so the new condition just compensates the direct damage with removable DoT …

Getting 400 toughness while casting mantras doesn’t help when some mobs continuously knock you down … Necro has a “gain 400 toughness while channeling” trait …

I am disappoint!

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Nretep, most of the other classes are stating the exact same, how they are getting more nerfs than buffs and everyone else gets buffs. I really think this is a grass-is-greener-problem. Just look at Ranger Shortbow range reduction.

Still, I think these are fake. And if not they’d have to be from active development, so they might change a lot before the actual patch.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Nretep.2564

Yeah, Thief and ranger also got some nerfs, but mesmer’s are the worst. Personally, I wouldn’t have a problem with lowered range with shortbow (it’d be equal to axe …?). Their #2 skill deals nice damage on point blank range (like axe ? …). But I’d understand several complainings here.

I really hope that most of the mesmer things are not true. I’d accept the bug-/exploit-fixes and the interrupt buffs. But considering the other things, they should’ve buffed several other things, too.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

I don’t see the issue, really. We’re getting lots of really really good and long-deserved changes, especially the interrupt stuff. We take some expected hits, nothing to even raise an eyebrow at. The only issue I have with the notes – should they be real – is that they aren’t removing Greatsword for Warriors. That’d fix the PvE imbalance while leaving PvP alone. Smartest way to fix it, IMO.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

i can almost understand the into the void nerf for pvp…
but its a massive nerf in dungeons (where instantly pulling foes into a wall/back into your warden/ally aoes is massive) and wvw (where only idiots get pulled off walls; because they stand up on the ridge; now they will see the effect as well as hearing it; both of whcih are very obvious)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

To be fair, 1s delay is too short to help people in WvW unless you’re fighting 1 defender vs 2 attackers at a tower. Anything larger than that and someone who stands at the edge will never realize what’s about to happen until it’s too late. :P

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

Kinda peeved about the Illusionary Counter power nerf, 25% is a cuhrazy nerf and from a CD point of view, 3 stacks of torment doesn’t really sound like much especially on a counter basis.

Overall it feels like this is gonna make the scepter weaker.
Chaincountering with the scepter and offhand sword was a great counter for instagib thiev- oh I guess that’s why its getting nerfed then.

Right shame too.

25/90 never forget.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Wow seriously… guys need to calllllmmmmm down….
here is a list of all the awesome things that are about to happen.

Signet of Illusions: Clones and Phantasms will now gain the passive effect of this signet when they are created, rather than a few moments after creation.

now we don’t have to worry about wasting a utility slot for this skill and HOPE our illusions don’t die before they get the bonus (buff to phantasm builds IMO)

Signet of Midnight. Increased Blind Duration to 5s. Decreased cooldown to 30s

Do you guys realize Mesmer is THE ONLY CLASS that has the capability to increase their boon duration beyond any other class. This includes guardians. Take any boon and generally with the right traits/runes/food and this signet we can easily increase things like protection and might to 110-120%… That is very hard for other classes to do. Add to it they are decreasing the CD this sounds like a buff to confusion build (may it RIP)

Prismatic Understanding: This trait now pulses once every second while stealthed.
Once again AMAZEBALLS! Currently this skill pulses every 2-3 seconds… So usually by the time we come out of stealth the boons we have aren’t gonna last for long. Take mass invis that is going to be 6 consecutive seconds of getting regen/aegis/protection (double thanks to iMembrane) EPIC! I see good thing coming with this… We can get aegis more often than guardians and regen/protection that lasts longer than elementalists.

Bountiful Interruption: This trait has been moved to the Master tier. In addition to granting a random boon on interrupt, this trait will also grant 5 stacks of might
Okay screw ALL other interrupt buffs. ^this is going to be so awesome…. think about this 60% might duration from runes plus 30% from chaos automatically 90% might duration in a master tier. We can now compete with HGH engis in might stacking as well as be viable interrupters.

Shattering Conditions: This trait now removes one condition from all allies around the mesmer.
This is another huge buff to mesmers that like the idea of bunkering but hate playing guardians cuz well guardians are boring. Imagine a 0/20/15/30/5 build… What conditions? For you and your team.

People need to look at the brights. When was the last time Mesmer got a meaningful buff. These are all very amazing.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

If these patchnotes were real, I’d actually be impressed that ANet doesn’t just listen to whiners like TheMightyAltroll but indeed makes some sophisticated changes. Our traits are already pretty ok tbh, so I don’t expect a lot of changes for mesmers, they’d change the worst ones as expected. They said they’re also looking into the bounce mechanic, if they also fix clone targeting and keep looking into iZerker I’d actually be pretty content

Why nerf Temporal Curtain..?! Was anyone at all thinking it was overpowered?

They wouldn’t nerf Temporal Curtain but Into the Void, and yes the delay would be required and rectified.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Where the hell is OOC swiftness? I would love to run runes with increased boon duration but I’m stuck running effing Centaur runes. GG ANET.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Where the hell is OOC swiftness? I would love to run runes with increased boon duration but I’m stuck running effing Centaur runes. GG ANET.

Honestly, why would I want to join the arms race?
Remove OOC runspeed from classes, and improve the OOC runspeed buff everyone already gets in turn!

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Nretep.2564

Signet of Illusions: Clones and Phantasms will now gain the passive effect of this signet when they are created, rather than a few moments after creation.

now we don’t have to worry about wasting a utility slot for this skill and HOPE our illusions don’t die before they get the bonus (buff to phantasm builds IMO)

that’s not a buff, but a deserved fix. Nothing to brag about.

Signet of Midnight. Increased Blind Duration to 5s. Decreased cooldown to 30s

Do you guys realize Mesmer is THE ONLY CLASS that has the capability to increase their boon duration beyond any other class. This includes guardians. Take any boon and generally with the right traits/runes/food and this signet we can easily increase things like protection and might to 110-120%… That is very hard for other classes to do. Add to it they are decreasing the CD this sounds like a buff to confusion build (may it RIP)

Mesmer’s trait-boon duration comes from Chaos line. Most mesmers don’t put and points into it.
Other classes get +30% boon duration from trait lines with default builds.
4s blind or 5s blind doesn’t matter at 98% of the uses. The CD reduction is neat, but not enough.
This signet deserves a “plus 20% boon duration”. (the plus sign makes formattings in this forums -.-)

Prismatic Understanding: This trait now pulses once every second while stealthed.
Once again AMAZEBALLS! Currently this skill pulses every 2-3 seconds… So usually by the time we come out of stealth the boons we have aren’t gonna last for long. Take mass invis that is going to be 6 consecutive seconds of getting regen/aegis/protection (double thanks to iMembrane) EPIC! I see good thing coming with this… We can get aegis more often than guardians and regen/protection that lasts longer than elementalists.

it’s a deserved buff (grandmaster trait …), but our cloaking skills usually don’t last long enough. But that’s the other reason to get this …
I wonder how many mesmers rely on their stealth.

Bountiful Interruption: This trait has been moved to the Master tier. In addition to granting a random boon on interrupt, this trait will also grant 5 stacks of might
Okay screw ALL other interrupt buffs. ^this is going to be so awesome…. think about this 60% might duration from runes plus 30% from chaos automatically 90% might duration in a master tier. We can now compete with HGH engis in might stacking as well as be viable interrupters.

interrupts might finally be used … we’ll have to see

Shattering Conditions: This trait now removes one condition from all allies around the mesmer.
This is another huge buff to mesmers that like the idea of bunkering but hate playing guardians cuz well guardians are boring. Imagine a 0/20/15/30/5 build… What conditions? For you and your team.

I have 30 in inspiration, but would like to get 6 traits there. This would made it the 7th desireable one …

But I’ll have to test this, if it’s more useful to get condition removal on shatter than on heal.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Nretep, 20 Chaos is a rather common spec right now, for the Staff-trait. It’s not rare at all. Sure it’s less common than 20/20/0/0/30 and 20/20/0/25/5, but it’s still fairly common.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

You don’t see many stealth-focused builds because these builds are almost always condition builds, which have taken a heavy nerf recently and have become even rarer than they were.

Anet has promised they’re looking into the WoC “nerf” and Sceptre is becoming more desirable as a condition damage weapon. Coupled with the quite substantial buff to Prismatic Understanding we may be seeing a resurgence of 0/20/30/0/20 builds.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kirec.2394

Kirec.2394

If true, these changes are not bad at all. Not sure I care for the scepter change, but I see why they did it. In addition to the great points jportell made:

Halting Strike would be viable, and would make Diversion significantly more powerful (staggered ranged clones will murder anyone trying to spam an ability). Combine with the improved Imbued Diversion for some small-engagement (and s/tPvP) murder – though it’s still tough to give up IP. Shattered Concentration will also allow MH sword’s third strike to do an additional 20% damage relative to it’s current damage (not that you use it that often, but still…). Granted, if you’re not boon stripping, it’s mostly a damage nerf. I like synergy, though.

Looks like a lot of classes could get some good buffs, which ultimately is good for the game.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

When i saw torment in mesmer i thought wow, after read leaked notes… lol. The other two professions that have access to torment can use it in any build through an utility skill (thiefs) and death shroud (necros). Is block skill on Scepter the viable way to access torment for mesmer? O.o

No love for iMage in the balance patch? O.o

At least they are keeping an eye on the bouncing attack. Although i’m exceptical in how they are going to solve it. I hope they give us back the player priority logic inside the bounce area (above all the player that use the skill), but they can not allow bounce turrets and non agressive creatures but maintaining the actual logic… We will see. Perhaps it’s a good moment to keep an eye on the clone’s target from Deceptive Evasion, but probably they’ll do nothing.

Time to wait and see.

(edited by Zoser.7245)

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

PU buff seems overkill – it’s already an amazing trait.

Ah, I’m not complaining, but I’d be surprised if it remains like that pulsing every second – it’s already pretty much guaranteed protection or aegis.

Ssshh! It’ll be our secret!

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

If this is true, a couple new build ideas are coming to mind. Quickness + Boons on Interrupt? Quickness w/Mantras!? and 400 toughness on Mantra casts? (bunker much!?) I foresee a 0/20/30/20/0, maybe 0/10/30/30/0 … Support/Interrupt build in my imaginations.

Still not getting my hopes up though.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thyophelis.8035

Thyophelis.8035

LOL :

Halting Strike: Damage dealt when interrupting enemies has been increased by 500%

Furious Interruption: This trait now grants 3 seconds of quickness when interrupting a foe. This effect can only occur once every 15 seconds!!! Jackpot

omg, people will cry so hard, about sword pistol spikes.
I ll burry my ele and never look back.

Honestly, what are they thinking?

Aurona- fugly white bark sylvarie ele
MS-Mondsucht, pure small scale forever !
Kodash-we thrife on outmanned

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

They’re thinking that it’s high time we get our traits finally sorted out, I suspect. If these turn out to be anything but fake.

I hate how just because people think their world is ending if PvP is imbalanced, that’s an excuse to leave class-design broken. First comes design, then you balance the finished design. So first you sort out the internal (ignoring all other classes, as if they didn’t exist, for better or worse) inconsistencies for traits, then only once you’re done you look at the other classes and figure out who has to give and who gains.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

AndrewSX.3794

Seems legit. Nothing too bad in there. No Berserker fix. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

Considering that they’re leaked and unofficial, so could be different in final release, uncomplete or downright fake, yes, you shouldn’t be surprised.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Temporal Curtain nerf is due to all the criers in this forum…

Anyway, the notes are unofficial, so don’t take strictly serious.

What criers? I feel like I must have missed all the crying on this.

In a recent SOTG they mentioned this nerf.

Bascially good teams would do this.

AOE stealth, Temporal curtain from stealth (since there was no internal cd the curtain can be trigger without chance to dodge.) MOA the guardian on enemy team, focus guardian………mop up the rest of the team.

The nerf is to address that tactic specifically. Giveing the 1 second internal will give the other players 1 second to see the curtain and dodge a pull to knockdown.

Not agreeing or disagreeing but that’s the reason for the nerf.

Well, as long as it’s good for PvP I guess that’s all that matters.

It’s terrible for WvW. You can’t use it to pull back fleeing targets, they will be out of range before you can catch them. It was already difficult, now it’s impossible.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

PU buff seems overkill – it’s already an amazing trait.

Ah, I’m not complaining, but I’d be surprised if it remains like that pulsing every second – it’s already pretty much guaranteed protection or aegis.

Shhhhh…. don’t tell anet that

Hehe, well they’ll find out anyway.

I just hope it doesn’t shift the meta to 30 points in chaos.

PU and compounding celerity buff = I’m laughing.

Edit: Now we just need a third underwater stealth skill…

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

In a recent SOTG they mentioned this nerf.

Bascially good teams would do this.

AOE stealth, Temporal curtain from stealth (since there was no internal cd the curtain can be trigger without chance to dodge.) MOA the guardian on enemy team, focus guardian………mop up the rest of the team.

The nerf is to address that tactic specifically. Giveing the 1 second internal will give the other players 1 second to see the curtain and dodge a pull to knockdown.

Not agreeing or disagreeing but that’s the reason for the nerf.

It’s terrible for WvW. You can’t use it to pull back fleeing targets, they will be out of range before you can catch them. It was already difficult, now it’s impossible.

Now that I think about it, wasn’t this also the SoTG when Colin mentioned that PvP/WvW/PvE splits were going to become more common?
When I first looked at the leaked notes, they seemed too detailed and overall balanced to be fake. However, there aren’t any split skills. Since the patch isn’t here yet, they would be subject to change and of course not all changes make it into the notes but it does seem odd that no splits are in.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thyophelis.8035

Thyophelis.8035

They’re thinking that it’s high time we get our traits finally sorted out, I suspect. If these turn out to be anything but fake.

I hate how just because people think their world is ending if PvP is imbalanced, that’s an excuse to leave class-design broken. First comes design, then you balance the finished design. So first you sort out the internal (ignoring all other classes, as if they didn’t exist, for better or worse) inconsistencies for traits, then only once you’re done you look at the other classes and figure out who has to give and who gains.

class design broken? you must not play many other classes then. Mesmers got it pretty good atm and can specc for whatever they want. Yes there are useless traits in there but there s always a good alternativ. If you wan t to go burst, we are top dogs, if you want survival, you have good options and our phantasms will do the dmg. You can go cond dmg and not even care about confusion.

There are so many effectiv Mesmer builds out there and you can use armor or weapons as you wish with it. you can be phantasm with tank or offensiv gear, you can shatter as full glass canon or a mix of equip, use greatsword or staff as secondary weapon and you re always effectiv.

That cannot be said about any other class imo.

The only downside to my Mesmers is the condition removal on long cooldown, we ve got.

Aurona- fugly white bark sylvarie ele
MS-Mondsucht, pure small scale forever !
Kodash-we thrife on outmanned

(edited by Thyophelis.8035)

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

class design broken? you must not play many other classes then. Mesmers got it pretty good atm and can specc for whatever they want. Yes there are useless traits in there but there s always a good alternativ. If you wan t to go burst, we are top dogs, if you want survival, you have good options and our phantasms will do the dmg. You can go cond dmg and not even care about confusion.

You’re talking balance, I’m talking design. The trait-setup of Mesmers makes no sense. It’s not cohesive, it’s not counter-balancing, in fact it doesn’t even show a theme to it.

Given the way each trait line is set up I can think of three ways you can sort traits for any class in GW2 – more depend on the specific class-mechanic:

• Full synergistic. The line giving +Malice gives the weapon traits for the damaging condition based weapons, for a simple example. Such traits are not found outside of this line.
  • Supportive. The line giving +Expertise gives the weapon traits for the damaging condition weapons. This is not as good as it being the +Malice line, but it still fits in well, and while some traits in this line will deal with binary conditions instead of damaging ones, all in all it’ll fit in.
  • Counterbalancing. The line giving +Precision and +Prowess gives the weapon traits for the damaging condition weapons. Here, the presence of such a trait serves to make a condition-based player interesting in a line giving stats otherwise of dubious use to him or her.

Neither of these concepts is used for the Mesmer. I know why our current trait setup is the way it is, it’s a result of how things shifted around in beta. But it’s still annoying.

But, not saying this is any better for other classes. But design is the focus, and I doubt a Mesmer-player truly cares whether Warriors have their Greatsword trait in their healing line or not when evaluating whether to spec 20 Domination for the Torch trait or not.

Important is that the setup of Mesmer traits should, to a new player, make sense. Synergy is the easiest and most easily noticed one by a newbie, but all three would work.

Really, forget about balance for a moment. Wouldn’t it be smarter to first make the classes a) interesting, b) feature-complete and then ideally c) cool to play before d) worrying about balance? What use are 8 balanced but dull and boring classes. Interesting and explosive-to-play classes with shifty balance can still be fun to play, boring classes are automatically not fun to play.
Now ofc, Mesmers right now aren’t terminally boring, but traits and utility skills both show signs of a lack of theme and class-definition and -design to them. And that ought to get fixed first. That also goes for other classes, but this is the Mesmer forum, so this is about the Mesmer class.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

Yup this is the exact scenario that bothers me about this Into the Void nerf.

It’s our only pull, and now we can’t use it to stop enemies escaping – which is surely the main point of pull skills in the first place.

All because a few tPvP premades abuse it from stealth. Why not just make it so you can’t use Into the Void if you’re stealthed? That wouldn’t break it in WvW/PvE but would prevent this PvP problem that’s the alleged reason for the nerf.

Rest of the patch notes are interesting, and I’m looking forward to playing with some interrupt builds, but this TC/ItV nerf is awful.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

AndrewSX.3794

If they could only fix a bit the hitbox of TC to make it a reliable pojectile disruptor (with warden’s feedback), i wouldn’t mind the pulling getting delayed.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

As I see the “complete”-“leaked” patchnotes, I’m really disappointed. The interrupt changes are nice and were necessary. The rest is rather nerfing than buffing. (Almost) all other classes received a long list of buffs, mesmer several bug-/exploit-fixes and several nerfs.

Scepter now deals a new condition with a single skill. This skill’s damage has been lowered to a QUARTER, so the new condition just compensates the direct damage with removable DoT …

Getting 400 toughness while casting mantras doesn’t help when some mobs continuously knock you down … Necro has a “gain 400 toughness while channeling” trait …

I am disappoint!

We must be playing a different class, because I only see a few nerfs. ITV, Sirens Call, and Sword 1 being the ones I can see. Everything else is a buff/bug fix, which is really nice.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Given the way each trait line is set up I can think of three ways you can sort traits for any class in GW2 – more depend on the specific class-mechanic:

• Full synergistic. The line giving +Malice gives the weapon traits for the damaging condition based weapons, for a simple example. Such traits are not found outside of this line.
  • Supportive. The line giving +Expertise gives the weapon traits for the damaging condition weapons. This is not as good as it being the +Malice line, but it still fits in well, and while some traits in this line will deal with binary conditions instead of damaging ones, all in all it’ll fit in.
  • Counterbalancing. The line giving +Precision and +Prowess gives the weapon traits for the damaging condition weapons. Here, the presence of such a trait serves to make a condition-based player interesting in a line giving stats otherwise of dubious use to him or her.

Neither of these concepts is used for the Mesmer. I know why our current trait setup is the way it is, it’s a result of how things shifted around in beta. But it’s still annoying.

Are we playing the same class? Dueling: Sword & pistrol traits with crit % /dmg is full synergy. Vigor on crits, clones on dodges and decoy at 25% adds deception/defense to a line that is about “duels.” The illusion bleed on crits is synergy with the crit chance but also counter balancing since this is very tempting to take for a condition build that otherwise wouldn’t benefit from crit chance/dmg. The confusion on clone death is less temping to but still more counter balancing.

Domination is about damage/control and how they interplay. Power and increased vulnerability duration for a power build. The traits directly increase base power of our abilities (phantasms/mindwrack) or have some function with interrupts (halting strike 500% more) or both: vulnerability on interrupts for up to 25% more power damage to a target while that vulnerability lasts longer. More mantra of pain and distraction with 3 charges also has synergy with this line of power/interrupts. Finally 5% more dmg to inactive foes is even more synergy with interrupts and power. The supportive is that condition builds also want condition duration and the torch, which is supposed to be a condition weapon, has a trait in this line.

I could continue… When you say neither of these concepts are used for the mesmer, I think you mean all of them. Some of the traits I mentioned may not be worth taking, but when you talk about flavor/synergy in each trait line, mesmers definitely have it.

We must be playing a different class, because I only see a few nerfs. ITV, Sirens Call, and Sword 1 being the ones I can see. Everything else is a buff/bug fix, which is really nice.

“Mind Spike: Reduced base damage by 20%. This skill does an additional 50% damage to targets with no boons.”
Is that really a nerf? 0.8 × 1.5 is a 20% buff to PvE. With shattered concentration, null field and mind spike itself removing a condition, this is a change that we can actively deal with but IDk about nerf. I wonder if it calculates “boon hate” based off of mind spike removing the conditon first or after it hits.

(edited by DuckDuckBOOM.4097)

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

AndrewSX.3794

Dueling is by far one of the best designed Trait lines, in the whole GW2, not only Mes.

(imo)

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

I think mesmers in general have the best designed trait lines. I think this is why people think we are OP. So many choices/builds that after fighting a few different mesmers with the same weapons, you think they are all running 30/30/30/30/30.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

The possible return of gw1 rupt mesmers is interesting.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Nothing for large scale other than on interrupt immobolize and the halting strike buff which I’m pretty sure can’t crit. 1v1 buffs… like mesmer needed those. Hope they’re fake because this is the opposite of what we need. Oh well.. I run focus+ gs so maybe halting strikes will still be an ok buff.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Entropy.4732

What’s “Aftercast?”

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

What’s “Aftercast?”

Aftercast is the cast animation of a spell that occurs right after you cast it. So for example, the GS #3 skill, after the damage is dealt there’s an animation of you pulling your sword out of the ground. In general you’re immobile during this animation. So they reduced the duration of some of those animations.

That said, it’s possible to dodge (as well as a couple other methods) to get out of those animations already, so it’s just a simplicity change more than anything.

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

I could continue… When you say neither of these concepts are used for the mesmer, I think you mean all of them. Some of the traits I mentioned may not be worth taking, but when you talk about flavor/synergy in each trait line, mesmers definitely have it.

No you repeat exactly what I said. The Mesmer trait design is an unsorted hodgepodge of ideas and concepts right now.

It needs to be turned into a single cohesive design goal of “What should traits be for this class?”. And the same goes for all the other classes ofc, but as I said, Mesmer forum.

Exactly as you say, some stuff fits the line, some counter-balances it, bla bla. Instead of all following one cohesive design principle.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yuchen.5980

Yuchen.5980

What’s “Aftercast?”

Have u played DOTA? It is the animation after u cast a skill. Like u hit some one with ur sword and u need time to return to your normal position and use another skill. It is hard to be aware of in this game though.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Entropy.4732

What’s “Aftercast?”

Have u played DOTA? It is the animation after u cast a skill. Like u hit some one with ur sword and u need time to return to your normal position and use another skill. It is hard to be aware of in this game though.

Gotcha. Thanks!

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

You’re talking balance, I’m talking design. The trait-setup of Mesmers makes no sense. It’s not cohesive, it’s not counter-balancing, in fact it doesn’t even show a theme to it.

I misunderstood this. I thought you ment the Mesmers don’t have any of it. You only want Mesmers to have 1 of these? I disagree. If we only had synergy we would have something like WoW Paladin traits. “Do you want to be tank or dps or heals? Pick the correct 1 trait line out of 3”.

If we only have counter-balancing, then no build could specialize the way we can now and everyone would basically be running around with celestial/divninity traits.

Having a mix of all of these is what makes our builds diverse and interesting. Other classes need more of this. The lack of an entire theme is due to Mesmers being a specialist class. We have like 5 different themes in our traits and then multiple ways to pull them off.

Next Patch's Rumors

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

I will say that Prismatic is already pretty fantastic paired with Lyssa runes (both proc iMembrane causing the Protection to stack). It’ll be great to see how strong it is after the change.

Hmm…playing Mesmer a long time and I have no idea what iMembrane is lol

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]