[OMFG] - Build around two random Skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Hey everyone, I’d like to present you my newest idea for creating builds (maybe weird builds).
The thread about these many skills unused made me think of a way to deal with that problem and pushing players twowards the skills they’d never use eventhough they might be really cool.

Below you will find a list of all the mesmer skills that I found matching for this idea (except underwater combat) with a number for each skill. I’d like you to roll on this page: https://www.random.org/integers/?num=2&min=1&max=42&col=5&base=10&format=html&rnd=new (for some reason you need to copypaste the link) to decide which skills you get.

The goal is to create a build using the two skills you rolled. These skills should not just be part of the build but the skill you build that spec around! It should also cover all sides of the skill (eg. Signet of Illusions would need to be used AND to have the passive bonus or Temporal Curtain could be used for reflection and interrupts)

As an example:
I rolled 4 and 27. Mirror Blade and Mantra of Pain. I came up with a long range mesmer build that focuses on using GS/Staff and tries to spam the mantra out of the enemy.
Build Link
Please note that there are no restrictions for which gamemode the build is

1. Spatial Surge
  2. Winds of Chaos
  3. Ether Bolt
  4. Mirror Blade
  5. Illusionary Counter
  6. Phase Retreat
  7. Illusionary Leap
  8. Mind Stab
  9. Confusing Images
  10. Phantasmal Warlock
  11. Illusionary Riposte
  12. Phantasmal Berserker
  13. Phantalsmal Duelist
  14. Chaos Armor
  15. Temporal Curtain
  16. The Prestige
  17. Phantasmal Swordsman
  18. Illusionary Wave
  19. Magic Bullet
  20. Chaos Storm
  21. Phantasmal Warden
  22. Phantasmal Mage
  23. Mirror
  24. Signet of the Ether
  25. Signet of Inspiration
  26. Signet of Domination
  27. Mantra of Pain
  28. Mantra of Distraction
  29. Nullfield
  30. Singnet of Midnight
  31. Arcane Thievery
  32. Mirror Images
  33. Phantasmal Defender
  34. Feedback
  35. Signet of Illusions
  36. Mantra of Concentration
  37. Phantasmal Disenchanter
  38. Portal
  39. Veil
  40. Moa Polymorph
  41. Time Warp
  42. Mass Invisibility

I’d love to see your results and some really crazy builds.

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

3-Ether bolt
18-Illusionary wave
Will edit when finished, but its an IE torment build. You stack torment and cripple, and use pushes to reset distance. Classes with melee abilities and no teleports will be walking towards you constantly, but at a much slower speed.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Flufferz.8907

Flufferz.8907

Illusionary Counter and Portal!

Must admit this thread could make for some interest builds otherwise unused

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Hmmm … my interest is piqued. I may have to give this one a whirl.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Titus.2085

Titus.2085

Well crud! Mirror Blade and Signet of Inspiration… hmm…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQJARWlknpMtFoxTNcrNCrBh6sslfSyBEgS+grB-TJxHwADeCAa2fAwlAQZZAA

Using a combination of shatter attacks, Runes of Strength, the Sigils of Battle, and Mirror Blade from the greatsword, gain might stack consistently to… in a very rough estimate of 16 to 20 or even 25 stacks of might. In short, more might means bigger damage. Once you have the might stack ability, use Signet of Inspiration to copy the might boon to everyone else in your team. It’s preferred to use it while gaining the other necessary boons from the Chaos Shield and Storm from your staff skills.

The utility skills are kinda messed around here as any that works with shatter builds can work but other than the needed Ether Feast and Signet of Inspiration, you can go either with any. I chose Blink for mobility, Mirror Images for more clones, and Mass Invisibility to disengage or position yourself for a kill.

(edited by Titus.2085)

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

What an amazingly fun game to play!! Thanks for being so creative.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I got some. Made a build, will record it in action and post it up.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

3 and 36…

Ether bolt and Mantra of Concentration.

I dunno how a build can revolve around ether bolt unless its a torment/condition build. So, anyway…

0/6/2/6/0
Scepter/Pistol + Scepter/Focus
Hybrid condition/direct damage – make the most of phantasmal strength and iwarden/iduelist, and then also illusion deaths through confusing combatants and debilitating dissipation. No shattering unless F3 or F4 (situational F2 for directed confusion burst, but avoid if possible).
Harmonious Mantras and Restorative Mantras for Mantra of concentration, Mantra of Recovery and any two other utilities.
Traited scepter of course (miss out on focus trait. ).
Take Torment runes just for the hell of it – maximise the scepter auto…
Mender’s purity with MoRecovery for most condition removal – take additional mantra if necessary – otherwise usual blink/decoy…

Nothing more to say – load up the conditions, use the phantasms and balance the gear carefully to make the most of direct and condition damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

hm… I got Time Warp and Signet of Illusion

here’s my build: quickness + quickness mixed with quickness

So… I got time warp. There are not really any traits for that, so I thought adept the theme of time warp. Make things quicker. And so I did. Used all quickness stuff I could find. It’s a CI lock down condition damage build. It uses Signet of Illusions to give your phantasms more health and to offer the chance to dace shortly one after another with Diversion. Interrupting a target will give you 5 might and additional boon, root the target and add another soft CC condition and give you quickness. This way the channel of scepter AA works faster. So this is how I’d “justify” this build:

The theoretical rotation: Pistol 4 —> 5 (or 5 —> 4) to hit with dualist and dace the target. Followed by quickness powered illusion summoning and tormenting with scepter 1. Alternatively you could also quickly pop signet of the eather and add another dualist^^ If you’re low on health (you’ll get quickness from rune) you can blurred frenzy and AA with 1H-sword to trigger sigil of blood.

The sigil cool down helps for quick summoning of 2 phantasms if needed and to power the shatter cool down reduction with Sigil of Illusions. So you have an additional daze at hand. Also sigil of Domination CD is reduced^^

Obviously this was carefully crafted as a support build. Alone you’d be a quick target

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I got Chaos storm and Iwarlock. lol. do i reroll?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I got 11 (Illusionary Riposte) & 24 (Signet of the Ether) and here is my build here:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQRAsc7ansISjaWoGOoB3aGB3QObsaoLYpDkYAA-TZBCwAAOIAB3fI/JAoyTAIcZAA

Build Type:

• Phantasm

Strategy:

• Basically get the ~6second chain stun from S. Domination & Magic Bullet, and let your pSwordman & pDuelist eat your enemy alive. It’s also a good time for either a blurred frenzy or confusing images. If Confusing images fully connects, it actually does MORE damage than frenzy.
  • I went deep into the Inspiration line for sustain and for the 15% increase in phantasm damage. I could accomplished this goal with just 2 in Domination, but I like the idea of being able to take a few more hits with clutch healing. Zerker is Zerker no matter what traits you take with Mesmer.
  • Using Signet of Ether, I was forced to make it a phantasm build. And as everyone knows, I think this is the best heal for all phantasm builds due to it adding more dps or defense with its refreshing capabilities.
  • For Illusionary Riposte, you can either go the daze interrupt route or the strong hitting phantasm route. Obviously I went the latter, but using the daze for key interrupts is advised.

Overall, this is probably the less overwhelming version and more defensive version of https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Build-Phantrupt-Asskicker-CS-Interrupt/page/3#post4790305

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

How about picking two random trait lines and setting them to 6, and make a build? I have been wondering if a build with two maxed traits lines is always better than a build with one or none maxed trait lines. Like 4 4 0 0 6 vs 6 6 2 0 0 vs 4 4 0 2 4. I had that last one in use a while ago.

Choises are:

0 – 6 6 x x x
1 – 6 × 6 x x
2 – 6 x x 6 x
3 – 6 x x x 6
4 – x 6 6 x x
5 – x 6 × 6 x
6 – x 6 x x 6
7 – x x 6 6 x
8 – x x 6 × 6
9 – x x x 6 6

in Mesmer

Posted by: jenzie.4083

jenzie.4083

Spatial Surge aaaaand… The prestige. hmm. brb.

Edit:
The Pew Pew Sniper!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAR8flknpEt1oxMNUrNipRY6+4cSFU6wrOA-TVCEAB7eQAsb/BCOCAJq+zWKBZS5nBXAg20NAwDAIAACwNvZ2sNDWuyVuyVuy5m38m38m3sUARsMC-w

Long range interrupt and pew pew, almost no skills required, just sit comfortably on a small hill or an obstacle of your own selection and autoattack, occasionally drop an interrupt to bump up the pew pew speed. If they get close, drop The Prestige and blink away and start again.

(edited by jenzie.4083)

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

19 – 37
Magic bullet & Phantasmal disenchanter

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAsaRl0npQtdoxSNMrNithcybxQdxjRLZgDA-TZBGwAAOEAx2fowJA4wTAIaZAA

Get that phantasm heal/ boon removal/ condi removal/ tank going.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Signet of Domination + Moa Morph. The result, a Dire/Rabid Maim build. Stack up torment, stun target, Moa under stun.

Kids, please don’t try this at home

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

I got a weird one. 36 and 42: Mantra of Concentration and Mass Invisibility.

I guess this one can be called Unshakable and Unseen.

Point of the build is to apply pressure in whatever form, torments, bleeds, direct damage. It’s supposed to shine way more when it comes time to stomp or rez in a hectic team fight. Three charges of stability, and a lengthy Mass Invisibility shouldn’t make that an issue. For more troll-like flavor, I added blurred inscriptions and slapped on Runes of Resistance to provide more procs of aegis to go along with PU.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Phase Retreat and Time Warp

http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAR8flknpEt1oxMNUrNipRY6+4cSFU6wrOA-TVCEAB7eQAsb/BCOCAJq+zWKBZS5nBXAg20NAwDAIAACwNvZ2sNDWuyVuyVuy5m38m38m3sUARsMC-w

Since using Staff already means I’d be best in close-medium range, I may as well stay there. Hybrid interrupt/phant setup. Buff up a bit from BI procs, CI procs help with lockdown work. Swordsmen for faster phant damage, Warlock for the slow ‘n painful
route. TW usages alloted for faster dps and (if needed) resses. No idea what I’d name the bloody thing, though.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

20 & 38? Yawn. /15char

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426